• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic
jeremy34567
  • jeremy34567

Night Owl

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:34 AM

So i used to like Family Guy but now that i starting watching American Dad , i feel that jokes are more funnier and the episodes are better. Which one do you guys like better?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich, so wie du bist.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:29 PM

While Family Guy may be funny for offbeat, immature humor that I have a fondness for, it feels like that the plots themselves aren't funny and most of the humor comes from cutaway gags, as opposed to the actual episode itself.

On the other hand, I love American Dad more than Family Guy, and I don't even know why. I'm guessing it's that the show takes place in Northern Virginia and the fact that I'm originally from there. f*ck, could be anything, though.

• MrPeteyMax likes this

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

I'm that bada** n*gga yo moms warned you about.

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:20 AM

American Dad, Cleveland Show, and Bobs Burgers are all funnier than Family Guy.

Sucks that Cleveland Show got canceled, because it was a more intelligent version of Family Guy.

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:57 AM

I like American Dad more, since the jokes all come from the characters/plot and not the random-ass references it seems more polished and consistently funny.

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

Looking forward to GTA V PC's September release!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:09 AM

I like Family Guy, but I found myself watching a newer episode on TV recently and I didn't find myself laughing all that often. American Dad I feel is funnier and easier to watch.

Sucks that Cleveland Show got canceled, because it was a more intelligent version of Family Guy.

I hear online that it's not actually CANCELLED, but it's actually just on a hiatus, since Fox wants to focus on some other shows.

Glenn.
  • Glenn.

Homeboy

• Members
  • France

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:24 AM

I thought American Dad was pritty sh*tty in the first few episodes. In my opinion its better then family guy now, its gotten better and family guy gets worse the more it goes on. 

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:31 AM

American Dad is the better one... But if I really have to choose. It's all about Archer really.

Best thing since... well ever.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:59 PM

American Dad was terrible when it started while Family Guy was still in its prime.

Family Guy was my favorite animated show after South Park for years.

but now it's the opposite.

years later and Family Guy is rapidly declining in quality while American Dad is only picking up steam. especially thanks to everyone's renewed interest in government/politics-based humor.

American Dad is winning.

Family Guy has pretty much run its course and should probably be cancelled.

DJ Arrt
  • DJ Arrt

Dreamer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:27 AM

I was actually thinking about this the other day. American Dad is wayy better than Family Guy. Or at least since season 7 of Family Guy. 

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

Shrimp Fried Rice

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:02 PM

American Dad is better and funnier.

American Dad focuses more on situational humour rather than cut away gags like Family Guy.

And it feels like Family Guy has run its course, it's starting to get weaker storylines, but the Stewie lines is starting to get better. ;) 

Can't wait for Cleveland and his family to return and the Simpsons crossover episode.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

South Park.

It's a welcome escape from all the liberal propaganda crap that MacFarlane wants to shove down my throat.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

South Park.

It's a welcome escape from all the liberal propaganda crap that MacFarlane wants to shove down my throat.

I love family guy, I love how they make fun of absolutely everything but the newer episodes are being a let down. Just like The Simpsons, maybe it's time to end it, or at least, put it on hiatus. Therefore, I think I'd choose American Dad, which is getting better and better. Only Roger and his characters could make a whole separate series haha.

Also, I liked Cleveland's Show. It wasn't as good as the other two series but I enjoyed watching it. It got a lot of hate, though...

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:24 PM

South Park.

what are you smoking??

South Park is as liberal as it gets.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:52 PM

South Park.

what are you smoking??

South Park is as liberal as it gets.

You're being sarcastic, right?

If not, then; if we're talking about the true, traditional definition of 'liberalism', then yes, SP is fairly liberal.

However, MacFarlane's interpretation of being 'liberal' (just like many of todays media-influenced, know-it-all generation) is anything BUT progressive equality and freedom of opinion.

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:26 AM

South Park.

Yeah, I like South Park more than both. I haven't watched Family Guy in a while because of your reasons stated, though I do find American Dad to be superior.

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

to weird to live to rare to die

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:46 PM

Older family guy episodes are most fun, american dad only alien is funny, south park evry episode exact same for past 10 years ( not funny, very very rarely funny ).

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:58 AM

You're being sarcastic, right?

If not, then; if we're talking about the true, traditional definition of 'liberalism', then yes, SP is fairly liberal.

However, MacFarlane's interpretation of being 'liberal' (just like many of todays media-influenced, know-it-all generation) is anything BUT progressive equality and freedom of opinion.

South Park has always been openly liberal.

whenever they do an episode with a message or opinion, that message always comes down on the progressive side. they've never embraced conservative views or ideas.

MacFarlane just takes it to the extreme.

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:19 AM Edited by CatDog96, 02 November 2013 - 07:19 AM.

American Dad.

UPNLxZY.gif

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:26 AM Edited by Joe Chip, 08 November 2013 - 11:27 AM.

I'd take seasons 1-3 of Family Guy over all of it, but American Dad is usually better than Family Guy after that.

The plots were a little more fun then, and it seems like they focused on the family's lives (and politics) a little less, and more on the humor. The show died when Brian started talking about nothing except politics and his atheism.

The best adult cartoon is still King Of The Hill. You don't need to be obnoxious and lewd to be a funny adult show.

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

Welcome to the real North Korea

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:17 PM

The Cleveland Show :)

They're all the same to me, though.

Mr Rabbit
  • Mr Rabbit

Part-time spy, full-time maniac

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:14 PM

The show died when Brian started talking about nothing except politics and his atheism.

I wouldn't say it died then, but it did become frustrating to watch, and that is coming from someone with some similar political views to MacFarlane (Brian's opinions were mostly essentially MacFarlane's). I would say however they sorta went some way to fixing it by making Brian absolutely ridiculous at the same time, plus the episodes with him and stewie (Road to...) are brilliant in my opinion

Kwabs
  • Kwabs

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:21 PM

American Dad, no doubt. Family isn't really fun to anymore watch imo. 

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:47 AM

Both and the Cleveland show.
They're all differently similar.
They're all funny.

Andreas
  • Andreas

• V Staff
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:38 AM

I do like both shows, but I feel that Family Guy isn't as funny as it used to be. It is the opposite with American Dad; it wasn't all that funny a few years back, in my opinion, but it got better over time.

American Dad hands down.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:26 PM Edited by DeafMetal, 27 November 2013 - 08:37 PM.

Family Guy got worse and more preachy. American Dad got better and is surprisingly not preachy, just humorous.

Today:

South Park > American Dad > Family Guy = Futurama > Simpsons

On their prime:

Simpsons > Family Guy = South Park = Futurama = American Dad

BMW Sterling
  • BMW Sterling

(_o_Y_o_)

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:28 AM

I used to HATE American Dad but over the course of time it has gotten a lot better than family Guy. family Guy isn't as funny as it used to be back then. Now the jokes are kind of cheesy. American dad on the other hand is hilarious now. It's like Seth McFarlean ditched family guy and brought his comedy into the AD Series.

jeremy34567
  • jeremy34567

Night Owl

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:47 AM

Well now that brian is gone yeah family guy is going down the drain( gta reference there)

Jak2bossbf3
  • Jak2bossbf3

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:42 AM

Family Guy seasons 1-4 beat all the other shows but after that American Dad is better and Family Guy needs to be cancelled

Arcadax
  • Arcadax

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:08 PM

I want to say American Dad since I like Stan and that his boss is Patrick Stewart...but Roger then comes along and clogs every episode up with his drama-queen bullsh*t. It's not that he's ever not funny but he usually makes me cringe. 

Surprisingly Family Guy has gotten better in the last season or so and Brain seems to be back (I didn't see the one where they killed him.) Seems like they finally hired some new writers...thank God, it got really bad for awhile.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:07 PM

These sorts of "Vs" topics are generally frowned upon.

If you want to talk about which show is better, then find a topic about either show, or go to the TV series general chat topic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users