Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why does everything require such high levels, maybe a change?

33 replies to this topic
ShapelessHorr0r
  • ShapelessHorr0r

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:49 AM

It just seems weird that I can't do as much/be at a disadvantage compared to some guy who plays more. I can deal with a progression system but this is too much. Couple this with Online's saving problems and I just don't like this.

Maybe make the unlocks based on level, money, and "assignments."

Say you're trying to unlock some weapon at level 50 but you're level 20.

You can get it by:

A: getting to level 50 and purchasing it (eg. $10,000)

B: purchasing it with an increase (eg. multiply the base weapon cost by 3.5)

C: do some random thing to show (to Lester, Lamar, Gerald, etc. just some gang leader) that you deserve/need said weapon (eg. get to this weapon skill, Win x amount of death matches, evade the police x amount of times, etc.)

X2D
  • X2D

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:02 AM

Not trying to be rude but you want to punish people who have more time to play than you? Have you played an online game before?

Coyteria
  • Coyteria

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

No support. People already starting playing. This is too drastic.

So, in conclusion.

Get on the stove, sausage.

ShapelessHorr0r
  • ShapelessHorr0r

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:39 PM

Not trying to be rude but you want to punish people who have more time to play than you? Have you played an online game before?

Nope. I just want more ways to obtain items, mods, weapons, etc. And yes I've played online games. I understand progression systems and I'm ok with them except when they take forever. I know "fun" is a very subjective word but my fun is playing the game, not grinding for unlocks.

OBITWIZZLE
  • OBITWIZZLE

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

Playing the game gets you unlocks... unless you literally do nothing but run around in free mode, in which case you don't need better guns anyway, so what's the problem?

Do some jobs, do some races, you'll level up.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

You sing about breaking faces! LCHC!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

It's punishing people who don't have enough time. IV:MP ftw!

1892grey
  • 1892grey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:50 PM

I've Benn thinking roughly the same sort of thing. I enjoy having to unlock things as if everything was just there to take/use then it would get very boring very quickly.

Im currently level 16 but due to work and generally having a life it's going to take along time to reach say level 50 to unlock things I want. Hopefully though it can be kept interesting between now and then so I don't get sick of it 1st.

My main bug is the lack of weapons available to be atm, would have apreciated some sort of explosive even if its just 1 or some gas..

riksterinto
  • riksterinto

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

Go play a game of survival.  You can pick up and keep every weapon that you haven't unlocked yet for free and keep it for the duration of your session online.  You can also pick up weapons and items from crates and in missions.  Higher ranks only real advantage is being able to buy attachments and camo for the same weapons.

riksterinto
  • riksterinto

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:17 PM

I've Benn thinking roughly the same sort of thing. I enjoy having to unlock things as if everything was just there to take/use then it would get very boring very quickly.

Im currently level 16 but due to work and generally having a life it's going to take along time to reach say level 50 to unlock things I want. Hopefully though it can be kept interesting between now and then so I don't get sick of it 1st.

My main bug is the lack of weapons available to be atm, would have apreciated some sort of explosive even if its just 1 or some gas..

If you are level 16, you have already unlocked grenades for purchase.  At level 19, you will have sticky bombs and level 20 gas can.

1892grey
  • 1892grey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:21 PM

If you are level 16, you have already unlocked grenades for purchase.  At level 19, you will have sticky bombs and level 20 gas can.

Really? I was in ammunation earlier and it still would'nt let me buy anything like that, but that may have been before I leveled up to 16 i'l double check next time im on. Thanks

And I did a survival earlier for the 1st time. Rather enjoyable even tHough we only managed level 4

riksterinto
  • riksterinto

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:31 PM

Really? I was in ammunation earlier and it still would'nt let me buy anything like that, but that may have been before I leveled up to 16 i'l double check next time im on. Thanks

And I did a survival earlier for the 1st time. Rather enjoyable even tHough we only managed level 4

The trick with survival is to not leave cover....ever!  lol

Wave 4 is usually when a helicopter comes so it's good to find somewhere with a roof overhead until you can take out all the bad guys.  Or if you are good with a sniper(there is usually one for pick up somewhere on the map in the 3rd or 4th round) and have friends watching your back, take out the helicopter as soon as you can.

1892grey
  • 1892grey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

The trick with survival is to not leave cover....ever!  lol
Wave 4 is usually when a helicopter comes so it's good to find somewhere with a roof overhead until you can take out all the bad guys.  Or if you are good with a sniper(there is usually one for pick up somewhere on the map in the 3rd or 4th round) and have friends watching your back, take out the helicopter as soon as you can.

Yeah thats how I reached level 4 hid behind the same bin constantly lol untill the chopper came and I had them coming at me from all angles

Thanks for the advice i'l give it ago. I think im going to enjoy survival more than deathmatches tbh, bit like the gangwars from SA

ShapelessHorr0r
  • ShapelessHorr0r

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:58 AM

Thanks for the comments guys.

Crackafruity
  • Crackafruity

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:09 AM

I'm pretty sure even though you can pick the weapons up in a Survival match, if you're not a high enough level to have them in freeroam then they are not available. at least thats whats been happening to mystelf and a mate of mine. once we left the Survival the only guns we got to keep were ones we were a high enough level to buy anyway (although they are free so still better than buying them)

ShapelessHorr0r
  • ShapelessHorr0r

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:13 AM

I'm pretty sure even though you can pick the weapons up in a Survival match, if you're not a high enough level to have them in freeroam then they are not available. at least thats whats been happening to mystelf and a mate of mine. once we left the Survival the only guns we got to keep were ones we were a high enough level to buy anyway (although they are free so still better than buying them)

I don't think that's a viable solution anyways. ATM I don't have hours to spend on a single session.

Crackafruity
  • Crackafruity

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:17 AM

Yeah I agree that it's tough for low level people, another of my mates has just started and is a sitting duck, can't defend himself, can't drive away from people in well modded cars and has no chance in most mission types with only a pistol. We are having to resort to just him and I farming a race until he levels up :(

bloodblossom
  • bloodblossom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:21 AM

actually any weapon you find in survival is kept in free roam until you stop playing... im level 39 right now and have a minigun and 4 rpg shots from survival... wont go away until i log off.. so yeah you still have access to the weapons.

ShapelessHorr0r
  • ShapelessHorr0r

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:22 AM

:(

ShapelessHorr0r
  • ShapelessHorr0r

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:15 PM

bump

MUT3D
  • MUT3D

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:43 AM

no. keep the level unlock system. you can get levels fast if you stay out of free roam. for people with only pistols they should only be doing their level missions which dont require much shooting (ie. stealing cars for simeon). leveling on this game is a grind but its a rewarding grind. I'm level 120 & 50 now and have over 100 wins in races (both characters combined)  my only advise to you is stay out of free roam until you have your levels.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:40 AM

Go play a game of survival.  You can pick up and keep every weapon that you haven't unlocked yet for free and keep it for the duration of your session online.  You can also pick up weapons and items from crates and in missions.  Higher ranks only real advantage is being able to buy attachments and camo for the same weapons.

This. It's also beautifully entertaining when some punk tries to stick you up in free mode afterwards only to find you pull a mini-gun on them (note I don't attack anyone un-provoked, but if they come after me, then I'll fight back). I start every session with a Survival now.

Tabarnaaaack
  • Tabarnaaaack

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:10 PM

Oh no, you unlock stuff when you level up? What is this garbage?

I'm not sure you understand how video games work... Plus if you had everything you wanted now you wouldn't play for as long, now you're actually working towards something. I'm level 70 something and it's getting kind of boring because I have almost everything I want.

Anyways, just do crate drops then. They usually give you a carbine rifle, which is one of the best all around weapons you can buy. If you can find a special crate drop, it'll have something pretty awesome (like the chain gun). When you save and boot, your gun will have gone though since you haven't really unlocked it.

You could also start every gta session with a quick survival, back when I played survival I got to keep the sniper rifle and the AK until, once again, I shut off my PS3.

PEDROGR190
  • PEDROGR190

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:48 PM

I dont really like the level unlock system. All i wanna play is free mode but its pretty pointless when you have nothing to do at level 15. I really hate grinding missions, not fun at all. Using only money would be much better.

Barcelonic
  • Barcelonic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:59 PM

It just seems weird that I can't do as much/be at a disadvantage compared to some guy who plays more. I can deal with a progression system but this is too much. Couple this with Online's saving problems and I just don't like this.

Maybe make the unlocks based on level, money, and "assignments."

Say you're trying to unlock some weapon at level 50 but you're level 20.

You can get it by:

A: getting to level 50 and purchasing it (eg. $10,000)

B: purchasing it with an increase (eg. multiply the base weapon cost by 3.5)

C: do some random thing to show (to Lester, Lamar, Gerald, etc. just some gang leader) that you deserve/need said weapon (eg. get to this weapon skill, Win x amount of death matches, evade the police x amount of times, etc.)

The answer you're looking for is simple... there is a significant chance that upon unlocking your final desired item you will begin to completely lose interest in the game because you have completed it all. Personally I'm glad for all this pre-created content and am much looking forward to the content creator & heists, but I seemingly 'jumped' from rank 30 to 40 without even noticing it just playing one of my favourite race events over and over (and raking in and nice sum by the end, too)

Just enjoy the experience and when you unlock stuff you'll feel like you've truly earned it.

ShapelessHorr0r
  • ShapelessHorr0r

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:33 AM

Oh no, you unlock stuff when you level up? What is this garbage?

I'm not sure you understand how video games work... Plus if you had everything you wanted now you wouldn't play for as long, now you're actually working towards something. I'm level 70 something and it's getting kind of boring because I have almost everything I want.

Anyways, just do crate drops then. They usually give you a carbine rifle, which is one of the best all around weapons you can buy. If you can find a special crate drop, it'll have something pretty awesome (like the chain gun). When you save and boot, your gun will have gone though since you haven't really unlocked it.

You could also start every gta session with a quick survival, back when I played survival I got to keep the sniper rifle and the AK until, once again, I shut off my PS3.

"Fun" is subjective. I play for the game, not for unlocks.

You're also not working towards anything, just grinding. I'm ok with progression systems but when it comes to the point where I can't do anything at the earlier levels, I get annoyed.

xlCOXINATORlx
  • xlCOXINATORlx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:46 AM

There are plenty of ways to rank up very quickly... exploit them as much as possible... this doesn't take away from the gameplay either... I.E. - survivals, hosting races by yourself... leaving your game on over night and having music play into a headset whole in shower in safe house... you get rp by singing in the shower... you get rp for everything in the game.. find something you can do easily that gives decent rp and play the hell out of it... you'll level up in no time... crate drops are a great way to get weapons you can't obtain yet... also a decent chunk of rp for wasting 2 guys that are guarding the crate

OBITWIZZLE
  • OBITWIZZLE

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:33 AM

Once again, what are you doing that would require an assault rifle at level 12? You said there should be some way to "prove" you need better guns, and you mention for missions, but at lower levels the only gun you need is your pistol. The weapons unlock as you need them for missions of your level, that's how the game goes and it's not going to change. I still don't understand how you would have enough money to pay 3x the weapon cost without gaining levels also. Unless you solely grind on robbing stores all day, which is a terrible payout, and also horribly boring.

What do you have against doing missions or races? Races at least haven't gotten nerfed moneywise so far as I've seen.

Caligastia
  • Caligastia

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:40 AM

Between kids, wife, work and school, I have made it to level 40 playing just a couple of hours every two days and almost all day on Saturday (my personal day) every week since its been out.  While in lobbies I am one of the higher level players.  I stopped playing missions since they nerfed them and now do survival, gang attacks, boosting cars and getting crates.  My shooting, driving and stamina skills are maxed.  I think the level system is great, I feel like I would like to play more and could be much higher, but I can still school people online, and often still get schooled.  There is solo mode where you can level up at your own pace and not worry about getting destroyed by a much higher leveled player.  Which does happen.  The assault rifle once unlocked is a great defensive weapon that can used at range, also the sniper rifle.

Dяno
  • Dяno

dolan pls

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:36 PM

I support this.

ShapelessHorr0r
  • ShapelessHorr0r

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:14 PM