Quantcast

» «
Photo

Has Anyone Gotten All The Nuclear Waste In One Run?

18 replies to this topic
Troubadour
  • Troubadour

Tequlia Makes Her Clothes Fall Off

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:33 AM

Has Anyone Gotten All The Nuclear Waste In One Run?

I was thinking about doing it all in one run just to get it over with but it looks like it would take a good while to get them all in one run, How long did it take to get em all in one run??

Or

Should I break it up between all three guys so they can all get some of the money you get for collecting it

vashts1985
  • vashts1985

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:37 AM

yes it is a painfully slow collection.

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:56 AM

yes it is a painfully slow collection.

I'm gonna go for it or at least half of em tonight

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:05 AM

I collected about 6 on my first try, then gave up for a while. Did the rest all in one run though. It's pretty boring since all there is to do is listen to the sonar and whatever ambient music is playing in the background. Other than that it wasn't too bad. Good luck.

Forgot to mention, one thing that kept me from getting too bored was chasing after sharks in the sub. Sometimes they'll get ballsy and try to play chicken with you. That usually doesn't end very well for them though. :p

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:16 AM

It takes at least 90 minutes...extremely boring.

Is not required for 100% (not sure if needed for platinum trophy/achievement)-- so I'd skip unless  you like torturing  yourself.

Evo X Ali
  • Evo X Ali

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:24 AM Edited by Evo X Ali, 20 October 2013 - 02:24 AM.

took me around 100 mins and i did them in one go, i used the map on ign.com to assist me because the tracking device can sometimes mislead you. sometimes you have to go around the coastline for a fair amount of distance but it tells you to go straight through the island and makes it seem so close to the target... but yeah i did them in one go wasn't that annoying since i used the map on ign.

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:24 AM Edited by AiraCobra, 20 October 2013 - 02:27 AM.

Do you get anything out of getting all of them beside the rewards and money?

If not I don't think I'll waste my time until I need the money..

The biggest part I really hate about it is that in the tight spots it's very hard to decend in the area you need too and it takes a while.

I put my ear buds in and listening to my own music while I'm doing this

Scampi
  • Scampi

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:46 AM

It took me about 2 hours. Like Evo said, some of the blips are misleading. I got stuck looking for an underwater cave thinking it was hidden in one because the blip indicated it was to my right, which was only shallow water. Turns out I had to drive around the "cape" to get to the other side of the map to find where it wanted me to be. I enjoyed the mission though since it was my first time really using the submarine on my own, so I went slow and took little detours when I saw something cool underwater.

Evo X Ali
  • Evo X Ali

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:01 AM

Do you get anything out of getting all of them beside the rewards and money?

If not I don't think I'll waste my time until I need the money..

The biggest part I really hate about it is that in the tight spots it's very hard to decend in the area you need too and it takes a while.

I put my ear buds in and listening to my own music while I'm doing this

you get money and the achievement/trophy that's it. It doesn't count towards 100%, but i still did it for the achievement since i'm trying to get all. 

and yeah its pretty annoying but the ign map does the trick.

the most annoying achievement was the one you get for doing 50 stunt jumps, took me about 6 hours to do them all. 

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:37 AM

It took me 1:24 to do.

I used an Interactive map on Achievementhunter.com and they showed you exactly where they were and after you found them you could mark em off.

You can do the same for all the other stuff such as the Space Ship Parts & Letters.

You find them you can make them off on the map so you know not to go back there again.

http://maps.achievem...randtheftautov/

• kasheku and Evo X Ali like this

Makinmoney1823
  • Makinmoney1823

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:52 AM

mkae that money

http://MegaStoon.Com...hp?share=206002

Evo X Ali
  • Evo X Ali

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:24 AM

It took me 1:24 to do.

I used an Interactive map on Achievementhunter.com and they showed you exactly where they were and after you found them you could mark em off.

You can do the same for all the other stuff such as the Space Ship Parts & Letters.

You find them you can make them off on the map so you know not to go back there again.

http://maps.achievem...randtheftautov/

Nice!

GTA Worthy
  • GTA Worthy

GTA OG

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:23 AM Edited by GTA Worthy, 20 October 2013 - 07:24 AM.

I did them all in one shot and collected some of the submarine parts during the trip it took me roughly 2 hours id say.. its definitely worth the hassle money wise lol

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:30 AM

I did them all in one shot and collected some of the submarine parts during the trip it took me roughly 2 hours id say.. its definitely worth the hassle money wise lol

Yeah I figured that out...I took Trevor from being a broke meth head to a millionaire in an hour and half

Gifkikker
  • Gifkikker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

I usually just take my Bobcargo (that cargo chinook helicopter thing), hook it up to the sub and drop it where I want to. If you bought the copter it will respawn at your helipad.

Tonesta
  • Tonesta

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

Likewise, I did it all in one go (I was somewhat hungover at the time so in the mood for doing something dull and not too strenuous on the senses.....)

One thing I would add is that you shouldn't bother spreading out the collection between the three characters - I believe all the cash goes to whoever owns the dock regardless of who actually does the collection.

Certainly I bought the dock with Michael, but then did the collection with Franklin, and Michael got all the cash!

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:03 AM

Likewise, I did it all in one go (I was somewhat hungover at the time so in the mood for doing something dull and not too strenuous on the senses.....)

One thing I would add is that you shouldn't bother spreading out the collection between the three characters - I believe all the cash goes to whoever owns the dock regardless of who actually does the collection.

Certainly I bought the dock with Michael, but then did the collection with Franklin, and Michael got all the cash!

Yeah I though about that after I made the post...

triplem
  • triplem

X-Degenerate

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:08 PM Edited by triplem, 21 October 2013 - 03:10 PM.

Buggered if I know how long it took, but I was tired, droppy and depressed by the time it ended.

SPOILERS

Spoiler

TargetPractice
  • TargetPractice

I know what I know

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

I'm not going anywhere near it, I'm allergic to Radiation. :-/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users