Quantcast

» «
Photo

Petition to get a skateboard is DLC

29 replies to this topic

Poll: Skateboard DLC (64 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you agree with the idea of getting a skateboard being put in to the game?

1. Yes. (40 votes [62.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

2. No. (6 votes [9.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.38%

3. Don't care. (18 votes [28.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.12%

Vote Guests cannot vote
JawdenSkates
  • JawdenSkates

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:23 AM Edited by JawdenSkates, 21 October 2013 - 11:42 AM.

ATTN Forum mod: could the title be changed to "Petition to get skateboards added as DLC" please, and thanks in advance.

Petition to get a skateboard

I don't know why this didn't come out in GTA V originally, I was kind of expecting it for some reason.
As I skater myself, I've seen famous skate spots in game, perfect in game spots, also even skate parks!
I can see the skateboard being very much like the BMX, you can just ollie (jump) do 180's and 360's. Maybe even a grab or two, even a kickflip could be added?
On flat in a straight line it'd go faster than running, but slightly less than a bike.
I think this could be a great addition in future DLC's.

Who's with me?

Lets make this big so hopefully someone who knows someone can pass this idea on to Rockstar and get it noticed with a large amount interest behind it.

Any other ideas/input would be great also.

EDIT: I will add the collective ideas here below for an overall view for everyone, sometime tomorrow. Heavily in a Joe Rogan podcast at the moment.

• Robert235 likes this

3Hunt
  • 3Hunt

Evilest nigga this side of the Mississippi.

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:32 AM

I'd like to skate also, but it really doesn't fit V. It sort of fits Franklin as he can be dressed in skate apparel, R* should release more skating apparel for DLC instead.

Scoobroid
  • Scoobroid

GTAO Olympic Champion of Champions

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:35 AM

I'd like to skate also, but it really doesn't fit V. It sort of fits Franklin as he can be dressed in skate apparel, R* should release more skating apparel for DLC instead.

Would love a skateboard. If it was in SP, I'd have Trevor using it all the time. In a dress.

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:50 AM Edited by bicycles?, 20 October 2013 - 01:01 AM.

There's a skateboard in the life invader office, and a skateshop on the boardwalk...  Maybe rockstar will release some skate content later on while patting themselves on the back for "listening to their customers."

What about just kayaks, canoes, or rafts? Was there not some sort of imagery of something like that before the release?  Dead bodies float downstream, how hard would it be to make light watercraft that do the same?

What about surfboards? There's one right outside your window every time you're in wade's cousins house, and they're all over other places, and they're beautiful, and the water is beautiful...

I'd settle for some actual bmx controls/tricks. They had half a decade to improve their bicycle physics/commands, over which time they sponsored an actual bmx company and put out promotional/contest bikes, yet you still can't do any actual tricks - even though the bikeshop menu mentions doublepeg grinds - and the controls are just f*cking terrible...

If we're petitioning rockstar for anything, it should be to recall and actually finish the game...  I thought I was buying a finished product, not a disk packed with teasers for future online content.

At the very least it should've been advertised as online-only

Robert235
  • Robert235

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:57 AM

Perfect environment for skateboarding,I missed tony hawks pro skater.

• Miketv likes this

Crav3
  • Crav3

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:57 AM

I always though skating would be cool in san andreas lol it be cool in this game so I say yes!

JawdenSkates
  • JawdenSkates

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:56 AM

When you say you don't think it doesn't fit GTA V. What do you mean? Like, that none of the characters skaters?
None of them are BMX's. But then again, any person rides a bike.
Parachuting though, not anyone just does that.
Just trying to make the point that, it'll just be another really fun thing to do in GTA. Youtubers would make montages and such.
I think it'll be a great idea :)

Trent_Bolone
  • Trent_Bolone

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:58 AM

I just cant picture Michael skating, Franklin yes, Trevor yes.

PlanetaryUnfolding
  • PlanetaryUnfolding

atlas novus

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:27 AM

When you say you don't think it doesn't fit GTA V. What do you mean? Like, that none of the characters skaters?
Just trying to make the point that, it'll just be another really fun thing to do in GTA. Youtubers would make montages and such.

well a bike is a more common means of transportation. although people sometimes use a skateboard as actual transport, most of the time its sport based. then they would have to go through a sh*tload of animations for each character doing tricks and whatnot. so they probably wont ever spend that time going into that kind of detail in a game not focused on sports. 

JawdenSkates
  • JawdenSkates

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:09 AM

well a bike is a more common means of transportation. although people sometimes use a skateboard as actual transport, most of the time its sport based. then they would have to go through a sh*tload of animations for each character doing tricks and whatnot. so they probably wont ever spend that time going into that kind of detail in a game not focused on sports. 

Again as I stated in the OP. They could just allow the characters to ollie (jump) and do 180' and 360's like the bike. Adding a couple grabs and kickflip is if they wanted to get fancy

PlanetaryUnfolding
  • PlanetaryUnfolding

atlas novus

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:01 AM

Again as I stated in the OP. They could just allow the characters to ollie (jump) and do 180' and 360's like the bike. Adding a couple grabs and kickflip is if they wanted to get fancy

well remember you're playing grand theft auto. not "skate". so i wouldnt get my hopes up if i were you.......

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

well remember you're playing grand theft auto. not "skate". so i wouldnt get my hopes up if i were you.......

Ah, the old 'just play x game'. How about no? It wouldn't be a complex addition, and it would add skateboarding pedestrians to add variety (and hopefully they'd go on the half-pipes as well), as well as being able to use a skateboard as well. 

Yoshack_Fyre
  • Yoshack_Fyre

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:12 PM

I don't really care that much, but I voted YES for you. Why the hell not right? Anything that could add more variety to the game or a different way of getting around should be done. A skateboard should have been an obvious one. Not as simple as you'd think though, because if you add the skateboard you have to add tricks. If you don't the skateboard people will take a big fat dump all over these boards complaining about it. They'd have to add animations and controls for grabs and flips, pop-ups, wipe-outs. It would be a massive undertaking. And in the end it wouldn't help you get anywhere faster. It would just be more stuff to do to reach 100%. Four or five half-pipes with skateboard competitions and a skate-park or two somewhere for people online to gather around. It would be cool, but overall it wouldn't be an all that amazing addition to the game for the amount of work it would take to do it properly. As we all know if it's not done properly there will be an endless list of complaints.

loudanddumb
  • loudanddumb

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:16 PM

did this person see how they did the bmx controls... and your asking for a damn skateboard... 

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:20 PM

A skateboard... for DLC? Really? That's something that would be fun for a few minutes, a novelty, something i'd use once and maybe a few times more over the next few years.

EamonAndreias
  • EamonAndreias

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:32 PM Edited by EamonAndreias, 20 October 2013 - 05:32 PM.

The skateboarding animations wouldn't be that hard to create and implement.. they could just take the ones from Canis Canem Edit and tweak/revamp them. 

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:49 PM Edited by PkUnzipper, 20 October 2013 - 05:52 PM.

The fact they're several areas on the map which specifcally suggest a skateboard venue leads me to believe this feature might be added later on. If so, I could definitely use some more variety for fun stuff outside of missions. 

So I'd settle for a sport pack consisting of at least a skateboard, surfboard, windsurfing board and a boogie board. Hell, chuck a fishing rod in there as well, because of the SP hunting feature. :lol:

edit: and add all the other watercraft like bicycles said. 

OT:

Also update the camping equipment to make the tents functional.  So you could use the tent as a temp safe house like when on the beach or out in the wilderness somewhere.

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:56 PM

A skateboard... for DLC? Really? That's something that would be fun for a few minutes, a novelty, something i'd use once and maybe a few times more over the next few years.

Actually, if they tied it to a useable stat like strength or stealth, then it would be more useful for players who don't care for the immersion concept of a feature like this.

PlanetaryUnfolding
  • PlanetaryUnfolding

atlas novus

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:02 PM

The fact they're several areas on the map which specifcally suggest a skateboard venue leads me to believe this feature might be added later on. If so, I could definitely use some more variety for fun stuff outside of missions. 

So I'd settle for a sport pack consisting of at least a skateboard, surfboard, windsurfing board and a boogie board. Hell, chuck a fishing rod in there as well, because of the SP hunting feature. :lol:

edit: and add all the other watercraft like bicycles said. 

OT:

Also update the camping equipment to make the tents functional.  So you could use the tent as a temp safe house like when on the beach or out in the wilderness somewhere.

doubtful. there was a skatepark in GTAIV, did the addition of skateboards ever materialize there? negative. 

JawdenSkates
  • JawdenSkates

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:26 AM

I don't really care that much, but I voted YES for you. Why the hell not right? Anything that could add more variety to the game or a different way of getting around should be done. A skateboard should have been an obvious one. Not as simple as you'd think though, because if you add the skateboard you have to add tricks. If you don't the skateboard people will take a big fat dump all over these boards complaining about it. They'd have to add animations and controls for grabs and flips, pop-ups, wipe-outs. It would be a massive undertaking. And in the end it wouldn't help you get anywhere faster. It would just be more stuff to do to reach 100%. Four or five half-pipes with skateboard competitions and a skate-park or two somewhere for people online to gather around. It would be cool, but overall it wouldn't be an all that amazing addition to the game for the amount of work it would take to do it properly. As we all know if it's not done properly there will be an endless list of complaints.

I think you're over looking it too much. I, myself am a skateboarder and I've had countless conversations to friends who are also skaters about this subject. We're simply just questioning the idea of using it like a bike. Tricks aren't NEEDED, but can be added if possible. Even "if" they wanted to add just a kickflip, that could turn in to a bunch of tricks using 180 and 360's. kickflip, bs flip, fs flip, bs 360 flip and fs 360 kicklip. just from one animation.
But really all I'm suggesting is just being able to ride one and being able to ollie (jump)

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:36 AM

I want a skateboard with ability to hold it on your back (backpack) and be able to use it whenever you wish.

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:57 AM Edited by bicycles?, 21 October 2013 - 01:59 AM.

all the stairsets, gaps, handrails, banks, wedges, ledges, and other street obstacle stuff in the game is all but useless except for looking at.

Skateboards (or just bicycles that didn't handle like trash) would give that stuff purpose.

I want a skateboard with ability to hold it on your back (backpack) and be able to use it whenever you wish.

seeing how they've done everything else with gtav, I'm pretty sure they'd just force realism where it's not fun, and take it away from where it would be.  And offline players would still be screwed out of any of it.

- the controls would be sh*t

- there wouldn't be actual tricks except for a few glitch-looking "slides"

- you'd die after a few crashes, and crash/die even if you perfectly land too big of a gap

- your board would roll away from you every time you crash, and you'd have to retrieve it.  If it disappears downhill or into water, or just despawns like the other vehicles, you'd have to traverse the map and pay 400 for a new one.

I really don't think they care about giving gamers what they actually want, so many things about this game would've been so easy to alter for the better, but no...

JawdenSkates
  • JawdenSkates

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:26 AM

all the stairsets, gaps, handrails, banks, wedges, ledges, and other street obstacle stuff in the game is all but useless except for looking at.

Skateboards (or just bicycles that didn't handle like trash) would give that stuff purpose.

seeing how they've done everything else with gtav, I'm pretty sure they'd just force realism where it's not fun, and take it away from where it would be.  And offline players would still be screwed out of any of it.

- the controls would be sh*t

- there wouldn't be actual tricks except for a few glitch-looking "slides"

- you'd die after a few crashes, and crash/die even if you perfectly land too big of a gap

- your board would roll away from you every time you crash, and you'd have to retrieve it.  If it disappears downhill or into water, or just despawns like the other vehicles, you'd have to traverse the map and pay 400 for a new one.

I really don't think they care about giving gamers what they actually want, so many things about this game would've been so easy to alter for the better, but no...

Ah! That's what I wanted, some input that'd make me think. For some reason I completely forgot about grinds... haha. I just REALLY wanted to ollie Santa Monica triple set.
Also the impacted from a large gap's affect on your health, retrieving your board after it's rolled away, down a hill etc.
That a problem.
Or maybe it's not a problem. Here's couple brain storming ideas off the top of my head:
- Perhaps losing your board wouldn't be that bad, as you could go to the skate park and steal one easily, or off a pedestrian.
- Maybe a purchased one would respawn in your garage if you didn't have in your hands/riding it or if you were x amount of meters away from it.
-  if could show up in your weapon wheel like the parachute. 

JawdenSkates
  • JawdenSkates

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:54 AM

Bump, for more ideas and votes. 
C'mon people, lets make this thread big.

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

I'm amazed there aren't NPC scripted to surf in this game.

That said, if they could somehow add surfers and subsequently code in a way to surf, I'd love to see a skateboard. Trevor's hipster ass would have a blast and not even know it.

PlanetaryUnfolding
  • PlanetaryUnfolding

atlas novus

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:02 PM

Bump, for more ideas and votes. 
C'mon people, lets make this thread big.

good luck with that. as a former skater, i have zero interest in the addition of skating in this game. like i said, bikes are in this game because its a casual way of getting around in a big city. skateboarding is mainly sport based, rarely people using it exclusively to just get from point A to B. not saying i'm against the idea of them being added in the next gta title, but i'd rather R* focus on improving on elements of the game that make the game what its known for. maybe they'll re-introduce "thrasher: skate and destroy", if i'm not mistaken, that was a R* title.

Derryl18
  • Derryl18

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:50 PM

I have to admit, GTA 5 has the most advanced and smartest pedestrians in the GTA franchise ever. Now I can see pedestrians skateboarding and hope to see Franklin on the Skateboard as well! 

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:50 AM

I'm amazed there aren't NPC scripted to surf in this game.

That said, if they could somehow add surfers and subsequently code in a way to surf, I'd love to see a skateboard. Trevor's hipster ass would have a blast and not even know it.

Two letters: P. C.

have my fingers crossed R* gets around to porting this to PC

LOTS of little details like that would become a non issue.

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:52 AM

I just cant picture Michael skating, Franklin yes, Trevor yes.

But Micheal does yoga.... :rol:

Then again, Trevor of all anti heroes actually enjoys playing tennis  :lol:

JawdenSkates
  • JawdenSkates

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:19 AM

bump

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users