Photo

Bans Are Coming (glitchers must read)

31 replies to this topic
Violent Duct
  • Violent Duct

Professional Tank Griefer

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:16 AM

If R* lowered the cash reward from most missions, it's clear they want people to buy cash cards. If you think about it, it becomes blatantly obvious that there is a high possibility of them reseting the LSC glitchers (which is around 30% of players, imo). It really looks like the next step in their plan is to remove all of this money that has flooded into the game from the LSC glitch. I mean, how can they not? Such a large portion of the player base are now rich enough to never have to earn or buy money again. It would be utterly retarded if R* did not take action.

Currently glitchers are barely, if at all affected by the low money payouts from missions because they have MILLS (studies show the average glitcher has 20M, source: my head) and I really doubt R* would let them slip away into the many months to come, with their huge cash stacks, never buying cash cards, being the first people to buy new expensive things from DLC etc.

In conclusion, I believe there is a high possibility of glitchers getting banned and/or reset. And if you're saying R* can't track who did the glitch or not, well just look at your profile on the social club. They already can see your mills made from car sales.

MisterRawgers
  • MisterRawgers

Swindler

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:17 AM

Or they will just patch all the exploits and that will be the end of it. 

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:17 AM

stop-now-nobody-cares.jpg

• Admiral Blaubarschbube likes this

Violent Duct
  • Violent Duct

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:18 AM

Did you read anything I said? Guess not.

• dt2 likes this

Sgt ThroatPunch
  • Sgt ThroatPunch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:20 AM

Why do you fools waste time with these posts? Who the f*ck cares? Go play the game instead of being an instigator.

Belstead
  • Belstead

Rat

• Members

Yet more opinion passed off as fact  :sigh:

Admiral Blaubarschbube
  • Admiral Blaubarschbube

Hustler

• BUSTED!

This

WrathPhoenix
  • WrathPhoenix

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:21 AM

While I am sure there will be plenty of punishment coming for the glitchers, your post is painfully ignorant. You lost all credibility left when you started the. "Studies have shown " comment. Punishing glitchers and cheaters isn't about selling (or not selling) cash cards... It's about the fact it's exploiting aka CHEATING.

The game could not even have cash cards in it, and that fact wouldn't change.
  • Loser_1337 likes this

MUT3D
  • MUT3D

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:23 AM Edited by MUT3D, 20 October 2013 - 12:24 AM.

i think the 500k roll out will be the "reset" everyone is looking for. I don't think the 500k will be added to your current bank account but instead your bank will be "reset" to 500k. A lot of games have done this in the past and it usually works out. Properties bought will be left alone but your bank account will be set. Not sure if this is the way Rockstar wants to do it but I hope it is. Glitchers need to lose all their money and I already have all the toys I want (tuned up vic in every class) just from farming. I don't see a ban coming from the LSC glitch but once the 500k roll out happens I believe we will start to see bans appearing.

Barcodee
  • Barcodee

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:24 AM

I made over 100 million and proud to say I'll never buy GTA money with real money. If they reset me, I'll probably will sell the game while I can still get a large percentage of my money back.

Admiral Blaubarschbube
  • Admiral Blaubarschbube

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:24 AM

No just no

dt2
  • dt2

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:25 AM

Obviously he didn't.

Patriot_Action
  • Patriot_Action

Upstanding Citizen

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:26 AM

People expecting any kind of substantial consequence (bans, resetting, etc.) for the "exploiters" are laughably ignorant. Like, I am literally amused by all the posts about this.

Loser_1337
  • Loser_1337

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:27 AM

While I am sure there will be plenty of punishment coming for the glitchers, your post is painfully ignorant. You lost all credibility left when you started the. "Studies have shown " comment. Punishing glitchers and cheaters isn't about selling (or not selling) cash cards... It's about the fact it's exploiting aka CHEATING.

I totally agree! Cash Cards or not these people should be punished for cheating! I'd bet most of them would have never bought a cash card either.

Matticus88
  • Matticus88

Peon

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:27 AM

*nobody cares image snip*

You seem to care enough to keep posting that pointless image.

Violent Duct
  • Violent Duct

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:27 AM Edited by Violent Duct, 20 October 2013 - 12:28 AM.

People expecting any kind of substantial consequence (bans, resetting, etc.) for the "exploiters" are laughably ignorant. Like, I am literally amused by all the posts about this.

Care to leave reasoning for your post? Because right now it looks pretty likely (reasons in OP)

GTAPhilly1
  • GTAPhilly1

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:28 AM

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:29 AM

You seem to care enough to keep posting that pointless image.

I do.

MisterRawgers
  • MisterRawgers

Swindler

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:29 AM Edited by MisterRawgers, 20 October 2013 - 12:30 AM.

Yes I did. Your point? R* have already patched the bike glitch, now they just need to patch the super car glitch, and that will be it. If they were going to take action on glitchers then they would have done so by now. In previous R* titles such as Red Dead Redemption, there were many exploiters. R* stated in an article that the ban hammer was coming, but ONLY for hackers. Exploiters were never punished. Basically R* claims that if they have a glitch in their system then it is their own fault. Get over it. 

• elmo87 likes this

Azure
  • Azure

Titleless

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:29 AM

I don't think glitchers will be banned. I think saying one third of the player base took advantage of the LSC glitch is a decent estimate (though I have no credible evidence to support this). Worst case scenario, everybody, or just select people are reset and given 500k as stated by MUT3D.

thieves
  • thieves

Prankster

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:31 AM

I made over 100 million and proud to say I'll never buy GTA money with real money. If they reset me, I'll probably will sell the game while I can still get a large percentage of my money back.

I will be playing the next gen Battlefield

Wish they could make it look like this though  :pp 

Patriot_Action
  • Patriot_Action

Upstanding Citizen

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:32 AM Edited by Patriot_Action, 20 October 2013 - 12:33 AM.

Care to leave reasoning for your post? Because right now it looks pretty likely (reasons in OP)

Where are you drawing the line between "glitchers," "farmers," and "hardcore players"? Who's on the receiving end of any punishment? What's an exploit?

LS Customs re-selling?

Repeating bugged missions? Which ones?

Repeating high-paying missions? Which ones?

Repeating Criminal Records?

Boosting with friends?

Regardless where you draw that line, somebody's going to be pissed off, since it's being established arbitrarily. I would think (hope) a game developer this high-profile will know better than to start shooting themselves in both legs.

Do I have an alternative solution? No, I don't. I don't see how they get themselves out of this hole that's been dug.

Violent Duct
  • Violent Duct

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:33 AM

Yes I did. Your point? R* have already patched the bike glitch, now they just need to patch the super car glitch, and that will be it. If they were going to take action on glitchers then they would have done so by now. In previous R* titles such as Red Dead Redemption, there were many exploiters. R* stated in an article that the ban hammer was coming, but ONLY for hackers. Exploiters were never punished. Basically R* claims that if they have a glitch in their system then it is their own fault. Get over it. 

They seem kind of busy with the cloud server errors, they will punish glitchers in the near future. I'm not sure if exploits in RDD were as bad as this is (essentially I have unlimited cash).

Lieut.Schaffer
  • Lieut.Schaffer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:33 AM

hahahaha, you're a swaggot (a fa**ot who thinks he has swag).

I have glitched 385 million and spend like 100 million of it and I put every tim 9k on head of ugly poor noobs who have no monie LOL  :lol:

they all panic   :panic:  when they see me coming 

and i walk there like gangsta  :beerhat:

ye

PittDawg
  • PittDawg

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:34 AM

The reason is if they were going to punish the glitchers they would have already done so.

Violent Duct
  • Violent Duct

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:38 AM Edited by Violent Duct, 20 October 2013 - 12:39 AM.

Where are you drawing the line between "glitchers," "farmers," and "hardcore players"? Who's on the receiving end of any punishment? What's an exploit?

LS Customs re-selling?

Boosting with friends?

Regardless where you draw that line, somebody's going to be pissed off, since it's being established arbitrarily. I would think (hope) a game developer this high-profile will know better than to start shooting themselves in both legs.

Do I have an alternative solution? No, I don't. I don't see how they get themselves out of this hole that's been dug.

I know what a glitch is and in this case it's not an opinion. Farming is NOT glitching. It's just taking advantage of original, intended game design that was changed after Rockstar's whim to make more money. Glitching on the other hand is completely different. You abuse a non-intended mechanic of the game in order to make exp/money (the amount is irrelevant though).

MUT3D
  • MUT3D

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:43 AM

LS Customs re-selling?

Boosting with friends?

Yes ban them

No it's a game mechanic

No it's a game mechanic

No it's a game mechanic

Only if they are glitching somehow

This thread is about glitches not farmers. If you are the type to put glitchers and farmers in the same boat you must be a glitcher and looking for more people to take down with you. Glitchers deserve whatever comes their way and I for one hope they end up mad. Farmers will continue to be awesome and have everything unlocked the legit way.

voldo27
  • voldo27

Medieval Assassin

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:48 AM Edited by voldo27, 20 October 2013 - 12:50 AM.

If R* lowered the cash reward from most missions, it's clear they want people to buy cash cards. If you think about it, it becomes blatantly obvious that there is a high possibility of them reseting the LSC glitchers (which is around 30% of players, imo). It really looks like the next step in their plan is to remove all of this money that has flooded into the game from the LSC glitch. I mean, how can they not? Such a large portion of the player base are now rich enough to never have to earn or buy money again. It would be utterly retarded if R* did not take action.

Currently glitchers are barely, if at all affected by the low money payouts from missions because they have MILLS (studies show the average glitcher has 20M, source: my head) and I really doubt R* would let them slip away into the many months to come, with their huge cash stacks, never buying cash cards, being the first people to buy new expensive things from DLC etc.

In conclusion, I believe there is a high possibility of glitchers getting banned and/or reset. And if you're saying R* can't track who did the glitch or not, well just look at your profile on the social club. They already can see your mills made from car sales.

OMG, why people keep posting these pointless threads with their conspiracy theories?? "In conclusion, I believe..." So what?? If you don't show a link with a post from Rockstar, with a real saying on the matter... who gives a... I mean, who cares.

Patriot_Action
  • Patriot_Action

Upstanding Citizen

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:50 AM Edited by Patriot_Action, 20 October 2013 - 12:52 AM.

Glitching on the other hand is completely different. You abuse a non-intended mechanic of the game in order to make exp/money (the amount is irrelevant though).

"Non-intended." Define this word please. Repeating missions, intended? They were fixed, then broken, then fixed. Then rewards adjusted. My point still stands. You can't retroactively decide if something was intended or not and punish players based on that decision.

@MUT3D: You're either an idiot or just hoplessly clueless. So Rooftop Rumble is a game mechanic, and is doing things the "legit way" (even though it was fixed) but this isn't? You know the first breaks the game worse, right? Glitches should result in bans, but unintended exploits are OK?

P.S. No, I haven't used the LS Customs glitch, ever. Try to discredit my opinion more creatively.

MAR10HD
  • MAR10HD

◕‿ ◕

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:52 AM Edited by MAR10HD, 20 October 2013 - 12:55 AM.

I totally agree! Cash Cards or not these people should be punished for cheating! I'd bet most of them would have never bought a cash card either.

So you're saying every one that plays the game needs to buy cash cards? f*ck that, sorry but im going to play this game the way I want to.

Sorry I dont want to play the same missions for a year watching the painfully slow moving xp bar.

I've already purchased the game once, okay motherf*ckers it was the collectors edition. Id have loved to get it on ps4 but greedy R* had to milk this market first. Paid top dollar for all my in game content and ill probably be stupid enough to do it all again when the game comes to next gen. That is over $300 on one game.

Well you and R* can suck a d if you think I NEED to pay for my in game expenses with real cash to. You can only sell it so much it is a game after all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users