Quantcast

» «
Photo

Freaky Encounters: Post Your Own Encounter.

22 replies to this topic
SwizZzle
  • SwizZzle

Horseless Headsman

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:07 AM Edited by SwizZzle, 20 October 2013 - 12:34 AM.

Hi, my name in real life is Deven, I am Native American. I do have a strong belief in a local legend called 'The Goatman". Being I never saw it or even heard it, I was not a firm believer in the story, at the time. There is a tree here in MN, in my general area called The Goatman Tree, though I never went to the tree, I knew where it's general location was. One night I was hanging out with my friends, around 9:00 pm. We were partaking in Marijuana, but we weren't high off our ass enough to be hysterically dumb.
Anyways, we then went for a ride to pick up our friend who lived in the boonies, so to say. On our way there one of my friends rolled a few more blunts for when we pick up our friend, please do not think I am trying to look cool for referencing weed all the time, just telling you exactly what happened. We picked him up then proceeded to head back to town to our local skate park. While en route my friend and I were in the back seat, too far gone.

In an instant I saw a black mass 'dip' across the road, as if instantly, too fast to see exactly.

I then asked if anyone else seen that, my buddy sitting next to me didn't say nothing, he just looked at me frightened, I take note he saw it too.
As well as the driver swerved a bit. But none of us could notice or identify what it was, but deep down, I think I now who/what it was. The Goatman. For we weren't that far from the tree itself...

Please once read, post your own encounter in which was, freaky, frightening, or un-explainable.

• Zaniacle likes this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:37 AM Edited by RoadRunner71, 20 October 2013 - 01:38 AM.

Years ago, (I was still in school, I'm not sure if I even had 10 years old) my family and I were on vacations in Tenerife, in the Canary Islands. We had been hiking the afternoon somewhere inside the Teide National Park (a big-ass volcanic caldera where, in fact, is located the Teide volcano). It was getting dark and we were heading back to our car. Once there, we were just about to leave when some weird japanese guy came up from out of the trail and asked us if we could take him down to the "civilization".

Well, so this guy was taking with him a backpack and some weird hair instruments, like the australian didgeridoo and, apparently, he had passed the night in the peak of the Teide mountain (which is illegal actually). That, his long curly black hair (I think he had a scarf in the head), a short beard and appearance made me think it was some kind of hippie or something :p

We left him down in a coastal city where casually we had the hotel, at night, near the beach. I guess he wanted to play that instrument next to the sea under the moon light :p I wonder what happened to that enigmatic guy, I don't remember him mentioning where was he going...

It was a kind of freaky encounter. Not the common hitchicker, at least :)

---

By other hand, though this didn't happen to me, it's kind of strange. My aunt says that, when her son was a small kid, she heard him speaking "alone". When she asked him who was talking to, he answered her "with the girl". No need to say that there wasn't any girl apart of my aunt in the house...
  • SwizZzle likes this

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:37 AM

From the ages of 9 to 14 I lived in this hilly developed neighborhood surrounded by woods and lakes, and if you went behind the houses where there were no roads there were these huge stretches of flat grass that weren't lit very well. My friends and I would hang out back there and pull all kinds of shenanigans. Usually I'd get locked out of my house until around eleven or twelve, so we always stayed out pretty late. We played manhunt a lot (basically hide-and-seek, but over a huge area, and with teams) in the night, because it was a lot more fun when you could hide in the shadows. One night I picked a pretty sh*tty hiding spot and was one of the first few to be found, so I had to help go find other people.

We went back into that grassy area (the backs of houses made nice big shadows to hide in) and as we were walking between somebody's fence and the wall that separated our neighborhood and the woods there was this jumbly shadow in the distance that sort of flailed around like a tumbleweed. We were bullsh*tting each other about it being a murderer waiting for someone to walk up to it, and my friend called out to it, thinking it was one of the people hiding. It didn't move, it just kept shaking. One of the people in our group started walking that way and ran out through the alley up by their house when they got pretty close to it. The rest of us ran back the other way to meet up on the street out front (which was about five-hundred yards away).

We were out of breath (being kids) by the time we got to the street we usually met up on, and the guy who went to check out the tumbleweed thing was already there. "What did you see?" one of us asked. The kid said it looked sort of like a small person doubled over on the ground, but that he hadn't got a good look because it was so dark, and ran when he saw it start to move again. We all agreed that we'd keep playing, but we wouldn't go back over there unless we were positive someone was hiding back there.

After about twenty minutes of walking around the front streets in a group someone pointed out that since we're all in a group the hiding would probably hear us, and they'd sneak away before we got a chance to find them. Ashley, one of the people in our group decided that we should probably split off into pairs (there were six of us) to cover more area, and to better avoid detection.

My partner was Miguel, the kid who went to go look at the tumbleweed thing. I decided to try to pressure him into telling me more about it. He started to get angry, and he told me that if I wanted to see it do bad I should go look for myself. I had a crush on Miguel, so I figured that he'd be impressed if I was brave enough to go look at it, and I told him I would. We both went back over to the fence, and it was still there but it wasn't moving as much as it was before. Miguel said that he'd watch my back in case it jumped at me or anything.

I slowly tiptoed over to the thing, and I saw that it looked like a little bit like a dog. It made no sounds at all, except when it twitched around and you could hear the rustling in the grass. All of a sudden I heard my Mom calling my name to come back inside. Miguel motioned for me to head back home, and so we started walking back. I had this huge sense of dread and sadness come over me, and I got really worried about the other four that were in our group. It was an awful feeling that I can't explain at all, like a huge cloud of fear overcame me. Miguel said I looked pale. When I got back my mom took one look at me. I told her that we were out playing manhunt, and we saw something that looked like a jittery dog laying out in the grass. A look of recognition appeared on my mom's face and with her voice trembling she declared “You’re movin’ with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air.” I whistled for a cab and when it came near The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror. If anything I could say that this cab was rare But I thought, “Nah, forget it. Yo home to Bel-Air!” I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 And I yelled to the cabby yo holmes smell ya later Looked at my kingdom I was finally there To sit on my throne as the prince of Bel-Air.

• 018361, MIGta, SwizZzle and 1 other like this

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:08 PM

^ Somebody give this man some KFC.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:25 PM

Sorry, I'm not very good with making up stories about real-life experiences that never happened.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:36 PM

God f*cking damnit! Joe.
  • SwizZzle likes this

stu
  • stu

I'm finished.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:13 PM

I read the whole damn thing, and that's a big deal for me because I'm naturally a lazy person. Only for it then to turn out to be a big fat joke at poor old stu's expense.

I feel so foolish. Now I know what those old people that get scammed by Nigerians feel like. 

• SwizZzle likes this

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

If You Know What I Mean

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:38 AM

zoo, don't. zoo, stahp.

I used to be scared sh*tless of ghosts. I remember if I was ever afraid one was stalking me I'd sneak upstairs and sleep on the livingroom couch. Well, when I was around 11 I decided it was time to man up, and if there were any ghost after me I'd stand up to them. So for about 2 straight weeks I had nightmares about everyone that I knew's homes being haunted. And I mean EVERYONE. I'm talking our house, my grandma's house, my half-sister's house, my dad's old house (which I only was ever in once), and every house we'd ever lived in. I mean I'd wake up in cold sweats gasping for my breath. It was terrifying sh*t.

There was also this kid I hung out with when I lived further south that claimed he was a "half-ghost" and had been reborn as some sort of ghost kid. I was fascinated of course because I've always been very gullible and could be led on by any adult that talked to me. Anyway, the guy always tells me stories about how he casts spells on people, times when he should have been paralyzed but instead lived on... it was all in good fun I now realize but back then the guy scared me. I wasn't about to cross him or make him mad in any way. Whenever I commanded him to prove his powers he always said it was against ghost code of conduct to create violence or something like that, but he did do one spell. It was some sort of "companion" spell, that would bring you someone to talk to, usually a ghost. Well he did the spell, from what I remember sounded like that crazy tongue speaking, I didn't notice any change at first. After a few moments I started seeing sh*t out of the corner of my eyes flying all over. I don't think it was legit, but something happened that day.

Apart from that I haven't much else to speak of. I was introduced to video games really early in life, I've missed out on the mentally scarring adventures of youth.

• SwizZzle likes this

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

forum prankster haha i prank u!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:43 AM

I was driving home and some guy was laying in the middle of the road. I slow down and he gets up and runs to my door. I open the window a bit and he says "I HURT MY LEG PLEASE TAKE ME TO HOSPITAL"

"Uh, I'm not going that way, sorry" and I drive off. In the direction of the hospital.

Guy was clearly inebriated. It's the closest to freaky I get around here, really.

• SwizZzle likes this

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:59 AM

I remember getting drunk one night, and wakening up in this strange abandoned house, being stared at by this elephant-woman goblin-like creature offering to cook me for breakfast...or cook me breakfast...I still can't remember the exact words. I got out of there quicker than a Charlie Sheen TV contract expiration date.

SwizZzle
  • SwizZzle

Horseless Headsman

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

Haha, I literally laughed out loud when I read Joe's story.
The other stories, which were sincere were actually pretty good.
I shall share another one of mine, one of my most scariest encounters.

When I was 9 I always had a deep fascination with ghosts.
I grew up on the Red Lake Chippewa Reservation.
I often thought I could even see them (ghosts) sometimes, being afraid parents, they called my grandpa to gift me with a Tribal/Indian Name. I then did not see much of the 'ghosts' anymore, I often wondered if I was just making it up, then I remembered this one in particular. A girl. Though I never seen her up close, I always saw her from a distance.
It started out with her walking around my brother and I's window, just walking back and forth. Then the knocking happened. Whatever it was kept knocking every night, gently. Like it was trying to get us outside to play or something. I was always frightened. One night it got worse, I was the only one up, my brother was asleep in the bed across the room from mine. Scared I woke him up and asked if I could lay down with him. I fell asleep. I woke up to take a piss. The bathroom was only the first door out of our room, so I thought 'no big deal'. On my way back I swear I could hear a humming, child-like. I then noticed the girl who I had seen for almost a year now was now able to establish itself inside of our house. It was a young native girl from what I could see, but she had no face. I then ran to my parents bedroom only to find them gone, I rushed back to my room to find my brother gone as well. I screamed when the girl made her way down the hallway, I started crying from the terror of being alone with this thing. I jumped in my brother's bed and hid under the covers.
I was then awoken to my brother shaking me trying to wake me up, once awoken I hugged him. Though this was not a real encounter, it felt real in my child's mind and point of view. Whatever it was did make a connection to me. But to this day I had not seen the little girl no more.
And I hope I never do again.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:07 PM

One night a couple of years ago while on a fall camping trip in the north woods I saw something that scared me so badly I had nightmares for weeks. It was the second night and we realized we had left a few things in the car. The cars were parked about a mile and a half down the trail from the campsite in a gravel parking lot. A friend and I volunteered to make the hike to the cars and set out around 11:30pm. It was a clear night so instead of using a flashlight, we waited for our eyes to adjust and went without one most of the way. We were walking along, joking about stupid things for around 15 minutes when I started to get the feeling we were being followed. I tried to pass it off as the general creepyness of being in the woods at night and that was working until my friend stopped short and said "listen". I strained my ears to listen for a moment and was just about to smack him for trying to freak me out when I heard it - a faint rustling noise.

It was a bit like the sound of someone in heavy boots wading through garbage. We tried to convince ourselves that it was just leaves in the wind, but we both knew that most of the leaves had fallen from the trees in the previous weeks... and this sound was more - purposeful. It was moving toward us. We quickened our pace while discussing all of the possibilities including our other friends stalking us to scare us. After what seemed to be an eternity, we reached the parking lot and our vehicles. I grabbed some beer and batteries while my friend got his camera and some other things we needed. We had just locked the cars and were about to head back up the hill when we heard the noise again - rustle rustle rustle - coming down the trail in our direction.

We quickly hid behind the cars and hatched a plan to jump out and scare our stalking friends to turn the joke back on them. I would leap out and yell and my friend would snap a pic of their surprised look. It was a great plan. It would have been really funny. I was thinking these things right up to the point where I noticed the eerie glow. What I saw come out of those woods that night was nothing of this earth as we know it. I let out a scream and ran like a lunatic down the gravel road away from that thing. My friend misinterpreted my scream and jumped out to snap a picture. We didn't find him until the next day. I made it to the ranger's station about an hour later to see that it was closed. I waited until morning and got a ride back from the park patrol. On the ground next to one of the cars was my friend's camera. I managed to save a frame from that night.

If you have a weak heart, do NOT click the link below.

LINK

It still gives me the shivers.

• F4L?, na89340qv0n34b09q340 and SwizZzle like this

SwizZzle
  • SwizZzle

Horseless Headsman

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:11 PM Edited by SwizZzle, 21 October 2013 - 03:14 PM.

Gawd dammit, Doge!!!
Haha, had me going, would've been a good story, if not for the ending.

EDIT:
In all seriousness, quit your trolling, hate getting trolled, haha!!!

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:39 PM

Well, another odd unusual encounter, though not anything paranormal or scary as Voodoo's experience  ;)

It happened four years ago in Libya, we had been almost a week ongoing through the desert, heading from Al Kufrah to the south and we were already close to the border with Sudan, Egypt or Chad. Or to put it in other way: in the asshole of the world.

We were heading to some military outpost to get some water, going through which was an old battlefield from the Libyan-Sudanese conflict. There were burned down trucks, some abandoned armored vehicles and, what was more dangerous: mine fields (in fact, some years before we went there, some tourist blew up after their jeep hit a land mine), so the trucks couldn't go out of the paths.

So we arrived to the military outpost: 2 shacks and a barrier placed just in the base of a mountain. There was a small fountainhead where the guides refiled the water reserves. We were there stopped, stretching our legs, when a guy wearing a blue tracksuit, a white tank top and a plastic tablecloth in the head, as it was a hat, came up with a Kalashnikov assault rifle in the shoulder, and began to wander around the us...

Even if he was probably just a regular soldier, it was a kind of tense moment. When you see a guy with a plastic tablecloth in the head, an assault rifle in the hand, it's always better to run...  :turn:

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:31 PM Edited by Werebot85, 17 February 2014 - 09:05 PM.

Deleted - about 4 months later

Morons03
  • Morons03

Angry Gamer-Formerly Postit123

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:06 AM

Today, some water or something was leaking from the ceiling in my basement. The weird part about that was that there are no water pipes anywhere near where the leak was at. On the level of the house above it, the floor was dry, so nothing could have spilled and went through the floor.

The floor joust, just the one in that one spot, leaked for a few hours just having a few drips every now and then. It finally stopped dripping and it is still a little wet right now.

Can anyone think of any way that could have happened, because that was just the second weirdest thing that I seen in the house.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:28 AM

I was driving down a wooded, dark road near a civil war battlefield entirely sober and saw some woman standing in the middle of the road. I stopped and then she vanished and I just went on my way. I don't believe in that type of crap anyway but it happened!

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:33 AM

I was driving down a wooded, dark road near a civil war battlefield entirely sober and saw some woman standing in the middle of the road. I stopped and then she vanished and I just went on my way. I don't believe in that type of crap anyway but it happened!

You sure you weren't drunk in front of your pc and what you saw was your avatar?
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340 likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:39 AM

You are right, I was probably really drunk at my PC and imagined it.

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:47 PM

it must've been about seven, eight years ago. Me and the little lady was out on this boat, all alone at night, when all of a sudden this huge creature, this giant crustacean from the paleolithic era, comes out of the water

We were so scared. I jumped up in the boat and I said "what on earth is that creature?!" It stood above us looking down with these big red eyes... And I yelled, I said "What do you want from us monster?!" And the monster bent down and said "I need about treefiddy"

• Alastair Smyth likes this

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:26 PM

Does sleep paralysis count as a freaky encounter? If so, then yes.

But if anything has ever unsettled me while not sleeping or in bed... no, not really. Only when I was a child, like 5-8, I feared to go in an alley. There are no houses nearby to it, and it isn't even in a city, so I don't know if an alley is the best way to describe it. The trees growing beside it darken it pretty well, but when it's the night it made me have some sort of panic, I don't know why.

There have been multiple places similar to that in here. None have been dangerous otherwise, but they just have crept me out anyway.

When I've watched scary movies, it makes me have some kind of nervousness. I could swear I started hearing noises and stuff after I watched Paranormal Activity for the first time (weak mind :p). Horror movies with actual monsters don't scare me as much, but since it was an invisible ghost thingy it made me scared for a while afterwards.

But no, there has been no real freaky encounters. I doubt that screamers fit for this category, lol.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

The Night Is Like A Dagger, Long And Cold And Sharp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:28 PM

Wherabouts in mn do you live OP? I want to find this goatman lol

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:41 PM

I was driving down a wooded, dark road near a civil war battlefield entirely sober and saw some woman standing in the middle of the road. I stopped and then she vanished and I just went on my way. I don't believe in that type of crap anyway but it happened!

As opposed to driving f*cked out your brains?

I personally love drink driving myself. That way my car looks much nicer than it really is when I ride it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users