» «
Photo

Terrible graphics

10 replies to this topic
BobbyL
  • BobbyL

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:05 AM Edited by BobbyL, 20 October 2013 - 12:57 PM.

I just downloaded GTA 5 for xbox 360 from the online marketplace.  The graphics are terrible at night and there are major texture problems mostly on shadows.  I've tried looking here for answers but everything says "Don't install 2nd disc".  I didn't have any discs and just downloaded the game online.

Any solutions to this?

edit: This is the problem I'm having: http://www.lightchan...ka_close_button

Murad96
  • Murad96

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:29 AM Edited by Murad96, 20 October 2013 - 12:29 AM.

Send an email to [email protected] but I sent them an email 12 days ago about this and they never replied, so I sent them another email about the same thing today.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:09 AM

Send an email to [email protected] but I sent them an email 12 days ago about this and they never replied, so I sent them another email about the same thing today.

I bet the reason for autoreplies is that all the employees of R* are all on holidays now, enjoying their pay.

purplebunny
  • purplebunny

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:32 AM Edited by purplebunny, 20 October 2013 - 06:34 AM.

Disc based version here, oily textures appeared on second or third or fourth install (honestly, can't remember now) then went away after a period of extended play (8+ hours) then came back on reload. Saying that, after doing another reinstall as per the Xbox Support fix, (and updating the game) again, they've vanished. I'm on a 250GB Slim 360, and I've started a new game, too. So, maybe delete whatever save files you have.

Some folk have suggested messing around with TV settings, switching from HDMI to VGA, and changing resolution to 720p with varying results.

There doesn't seem to be any correlation between console, or disc versus DDL and issues - freezing, bad pop-in, bad textures etc (although a majority of complaints seem to be from people with older 360s and the disc version, possibly due to the media coverage it garnered), and R* haven't acknowledged any of these issues yet.

Definitely send a ticket to R* support, as the more reports they get, the more likely we'll get a response/patch.

EDIT: Also, to note: I've installed the second disc, as I've mentioned before, and the only difference is slightly improved FPS and slightly worse pop-in.

trevdaperv
  • trevdaperv

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:16 AM

Any solutions to this?

Not buy digital version ? Every major website covered the digital version of PS3 and slightly worse performance for like past 3-4 weeks

BobbyL
  • BobbyL

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

Someone from support told me to clear cache 3 times and download the game again, right now waiting for the download to finish to see if problem was fixed.

They really need to fix this in a patch.  

trevdaperv
  • trevdaperv

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:27 PM

Someone from support told me to clear cache 3 times and download the game again, right now waiting for the download to finish to see if problem was fixed.

You just wasting your time re downloading this and no it can't be fixed with a patch. Does the digital download allow you to pick storage units between dvds or is it a one giant file ?

BobbyL
  • BobbyL

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:04 PM Edited by BobbyL, 20 October 2013 - 08:04 PM.

You just wasting your time re downloading this and no it can't be fixed with a patch. Does the digital download allow you to pick storage units between dvds or is it a one giant file ?

It's two different downloads, first one is one file about 8 GBs, second download installs in 4 different "Install Packs" each about 2 GBs

cml41
  • cml41

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

They said during release that you needed to play from the disc and not download it on the system. I assume this would also mean digital downloads. There is a YouTube video about the differences between the two. I have the digital download and knew what I was getting before hand as far as graphics so it doesn't bother me.

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

Change your brightness, my friend had the same problem because his brightness was up to full, turn it down to half and it should look normal

• BobbyL likes this

BobbyL
  • BobbyL

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:30 AM

Change your brightness, my friend had the same problem because his brightness was up to full, turn it down to half and it should look normal

Thanks man, this really helped out, the problem is not completely gone but it looks a lot better

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users