Photo

Bad sport is good because reasons

7 replies to this topic
Stoopyface
  • Stoopyface

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:37 PM

I like the bad sport system, I got bad sport a few days ago and now that I realise what the assholes are like in bad sport lobbies I never want to go back. The bad sport is designed to split people between those that enjoy killing/fighting everyone in free roam and see it like one giant deathmatch and those who will fight, but don't want to do it all the time.

But the real good thing about bad sport is this: it stops insta-death.

The reason you have bad sport for car destruction is to prevent people killing you too quickly, either with a sticky bomb, rpg, grenade launcher, buzzard or tank. If people could do that without any negative consequence then they would. Without this system it would be too easy for high level people to massacre low level ones, crews could easily decimate smaller ones or individuals. It would make it too easy for people to kill one another. Also this system makes it more viable to have more than one person in a car, although that one car is taken out easily with sticky bomb etc, it will punish you for doing that.

The insurance payout on cars you destroy is just to stop people from not wanting to risk using their good cars. I save up for so long to get my adder, then cannot use it for fear it will get blown up by someone and I have to fork out 12k every time.

So why do so many have a problem with it?

TL;DR better to have car chases with people shooting smgs than just drive up, sticky, dead.

YogurtStorm
  • YogurtStorm

Knowledgeable industry Guru

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:41 PM Edited by YogurtStorm, 19 October 2013 - 11:41 PM.

I only get Bad Sport when I destroy a car with nobody in it.

Blowing up car with a player inside will never give me bad sport

BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:57 PM

I agree.  Ppl just want the easy route in killing each other which is blowing up the cars.  On the other hand blowing up cars with gernades and stickie bombs is the only sound defense when being chased and shot at especially when there is a bounty on your head and multiple ppl, are chasing you.  Its waaay too hard to shoot backwards while driving.  That part of getting a bad sport rep for blowing up cars is wrong.  They need top adjust it so if you blow up a car that's chasing you its not considered a bad sport act.

IH8PITT
  • IH8PITT

Let's Go Mountaineers

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:01 AM

Bad Sport/Good Sport is a great concept, but boy does it need tweaked. No one should get Bad Sport for defending themselves under any circumstances, including using Sticky Bombs to take out an attacker in a vehicle. IMO, you should get Bad Sport for randomly destroying another player's vehicle. They need to work the Cargobob into this; players should receive Bad Sport for using the crane to lift and drop a personal vehicle to blow it up.

Zodape
  • Zodape

CABINETS

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:03 AM

In my opinion, normal/friendly/hardcore freeroam system was much better.

Also, I got my uninsured Sultan sticky bombed with me inside while on passive mode by a random douche in a black Fugitive.

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:04 AM

j6es.jpg

SirDazz
  • SirDazz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:09 AM

Ermm.. I logged on last night... killed him by putting pure bullets into his car blew him up once- made me a bad sport. However he blew my crew mates car up like 6 times did not get bad sport. It needs fixing so if someone is driving there vehicle you dont get down for blowing up. But if its stationary you get done for it. 

I basically got put on Bad Sport for backing a team mate up

Markf44.4
  • Markf44.4

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:12 AM

I jumped into a lobby lastnight and without a word of a lie,,,,there were five assholes driving around in tanks blowing up everybodys cars.  Bad sport is a joke R* does nothing to them. Why not just take the F*CKING tank right out of the game or just create a tank server and let the f*ckheads battle it out and keep them from ruining everybody else"s game  But NOOOOOOOOOO  R* is too busy f*cking up the game by nerfing jobs payout so we are forced to buy there sh*tty cash card.  Nuh uh....not me  Double birds for R* and all the little tweeners who like to play with tanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users