Quantcast

» «
Photo

How do you activate Altruist camp with the hitchhikers?

16 replies to this topic
Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

I drove my 1st one to the letter A on the map (fort) and all i saw was a closed wooden gate, 1 guy in a watch tower and no destination marker. I tried honking but nothing happened...so what gives?

jimmylh
  • jimmylh

not a player hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:34 PM

Who did you drive there? It can't be just anybody. It has to be one of four or five strangers with a blue dot you will encounter. They always ask for you to take them somewhere else, but you take them to the camp instead.

Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:38 PM

Well i assumed if the letter A pops up on minimap and i even get a message on screen then they could be taken to the camp...couldnt they?
Anyways its a blonde who has a hangover who calls up her security guard boyfriend during the driving.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:44 PM

When you drive up to the front gate there should be a cutscene where an alturist comes out of the gate and leads them into the camp. Next time maybe quick-save before you pick up the passenger and reload if it happens again.

Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:31 PM

When you drive up to the front gate there should be a cutscene where an alturist comes out of the gate and leads them into the camp. Next time maybe quick-save before you pick up the passenger and reload if it happens again.

Oh ok thx ill try that tomorrow.

IntoGloryRide
  • IntoGloryRide

Warmonger

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:31 PM

Sounds like a game error. That's never happened to me, a cutscene always triggers when I reach the gate. Did the 'A' marker stay on your map until you got there?

Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:15 AM

Did the 'A' marker stay on your map until you got there?

Yes it did. But no cutscene. Nothing.

Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:14 PM

Alright hey guys...I just got 100% and im just wondering can you still deliver ppl to altruist camp because i hear someone say you cant after 100%.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

Alright hey guys...I just got 100% and im just wondering can you still deliver ppl to altruist camp because i hear someone say you cant after 100%.

SPOILER...

you wont be able to deliver no one after certain point because trevol would have a shootout with the altruists.

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:25 PM

^ You should put the spoiler in spoiler tags. [*spoiler] and [*/spoiler] without the *.

For me, the altruist camp activated when I picked up the drugged up couple next door to the barber in Sandy Shores. They ask for a ride to their hotel but they never quite made it. :evilgrin:

Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:44 PM

SPOILER...

you wont be able to deliver no one after certain point because trevol would have a shootout with the altruists.

I havent had a shootout with anyone yet

ChrisDorner
  • ChrisDorner

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:53 PM

How do I activate the shoot out with the cult? I've only brought one person to them with Trevor though

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

How do I activate the shoot out with the cult? I've only brought one person to them with Trevor though

I haven't experienced it personally but I believe it happens after a certain amount of people are brought to the cult.

IntoGloryRide
  • IntoGloryRide

Warmonger

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:34 PM

Once 4 people are delivered it triggers the shootout. When you kill them all don't forget to pick up the briefcases, they are 25k each and you can find them on the porches of the cabins.

rojovo74
  • rojovo74

Peon

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

Once 4 people are delivered it triggers the shootout. When you kill them all don't forget to pick up the briefcases, they are 25k each and you can find them on the porches of the cabins.

^^This^^...just remember that in order to trigger the shootout, you MUST deliver ALL 4 victims while playing as Trevor. On a side note, I didn't know there were multiple briefcases to collect...I do know there is supposed to be a hidden package on the porch of the 1st house on the left when entering through the front gate, but I have not seen it yet...is it only available during that shootout? I yried snagging it several times while playing as Franklin (just out and about exploring...nothing special)...DID find one of the scraps of paper though.

IntoGloryRide
  • IntoGloryRide

Warmonger

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:46 PM

^^This^^...just remember that in order to trigger the shootout, you MUST deliver ALL 4 victims while playing as Trevor. On a side note, I didn't know there were multiple briefcases to collect...I do know there is supposed to be a hidden package on the porch of the 1st house on the left when entering through the front gate, but I have not seen it yet...is it only available during that shootout? I yried snagging it several times while playing as Franklin (just out and about exploring...nothing special)...DID find one of the scraps of paper though.

I'm not sure if the packages are there normally as I've only stumbled upon them after the shootout, but there are about 4 or 5 you can pick up when it's done. Most of the houses have at least one sitting on the porch and you can find body armor there as well.

rojovo74
  • rojovo74

Peon

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:43 AM

I'm not sure if the packages are there normally as I've only stumbled upon them after the shootout, but there are about 4 or 5 you can pick up when it's done. Most of the houses have at least one sitting on the porch and you can find body armor there as well.

Yeah...the body armor is there, but the package is not, unless it is on the porch of a different house. I have the other hidden packages pretty much memorized by now lol...it's how I've acquired most of my cash - by just collecting the packages over and over again lol. So far I've earned very litte cash from story mode, but I've gotten some from the random encounters. I'm also wondering if the cultists respawn after the shootout like they do during free roam - if you visit the camp at random, after you kill about 6 or so, there's a short...VERY short lull before another batch of them respawn. I haven't visited the camp as Michael yet...been playing as him ever since I completed "Marriage Counseling" lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users