Quantcast

» «
Photo

Anyone else dislike the map? ( Doesn't feel THAT big etc..)

33 replies to this topic
Imaginev6
  • Imaginev6

Street life

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:09 PM

I mean, They made the city (LS) amazing and I love the city. But the rest is no interest to me. I'm not a nature guy I am more of an urban street fighter thug gangster sort of player. In San andreas there were 3 cities, same in GTA IV. I really enjoyed the GTA IV map because it was all urban,it only really lacked some beaches and a tiny (because countryside does impact the game if you have some of it). Maybe In a DLC, it's far fetched I know but add some more urban areas? I mean, The city is pretty big, but not the biggest. I never go into the desert and half of Blaine county is mountains.. Very boring. And the desert seems tiny.. and on that note I find it hart to believe the map is bigger than RDR and GTA IV? I rread that they count the underwater too, but I think that was a silly idea. No one is going to be diving, I like the fact you can swim under water and there are fish but they made the ocean to big and I rarely find myself in it.

If it was Too long and you didnt read, I think they need more urban places,too many mountains and under water is a waste.

Anyone else agree?

Unjust
  • Unjust

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:11 PM

Until about a week away from the release date, I had no idea San Fierro & Las Venturas were not included. Was kinda disappointed, but now I love it all.

Musician020
  • Musician020

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:11 PM

I tend to stay away from the nothern half. Gets boring in the mountains.

KingGladiator
  • KingGladiator

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:14 PM Edited by KingGladiator, 19 October 2013 - 10:15 PM.

Kinda. The ENTRIE north section never gets used because there is a useless lake, mountains, and empty desert. A little Hick town with nothing in it and a coastal town with nothing in it.

In LS you have The Hood to the east, the Business center, Rich north, Sea to the west. South is pretty much highways and the airport, and no one goes to the docks to the southeast because there is nothing there.

Pretty much the only part of the map people visit is from the north end of town before the foothills to just a little bit south of the Strip Club.

Hurrly
  • Hurrly

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:16 PM

Until about a week away from the release date, I had no idea San Fierro & Las Venturas were not included. Was kinda disappointed, but now I love it all.

I was exactly the same untill i actually played the game and saw th map i didnt know SF and LV werent included and was initially very dissapointed but i now enjpy being able to go out into the country in online and away from the griefers in the city .

• Unjust likes this

Terrato137
  • Terrato137

The One

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:16 PM

I must be the only one who actually likes the northern half of the map.

ezstjr
  • ezstjr

Westside Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:17 PM

Lets hope they release DLC for expansion of san fierro and las venturas connected to LS. 

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Nobs4Lyf

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:20 PM

I must be the only one who actually likes the northern half of the map.

You're not. I love Blaine county. Driving around on route 68 is so relaxing. Right now I'm treking my bike around in the montains just for the f*cks of it. I love the mountains.

Ballistic_BG
  • Ballistic_BG

Con Artist

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:20 PM

If you don't like Blaine County then don't go there. 

Nuff said.

Azure
  • Azure

Titleless

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:26 PM

I'm happy they only implemented a single city. If there were multiple cities (Las Venturas, San Fierro) then encounters with other random players would be severely diminished. I've noticed most people stay within the city limits for the most part, which makes encounters semi-frequent even though there's a max limit of 16 players. The only reason I ever leave the city is either by force (missions) or when I go to fetch myself a buzzard from the airstrip.

cml41
  • cml41

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:26 PM

Would be nice to be able to fly, or boat, to another island with different missions, jobs, etc to do.

Futo
  • Futo

Yeah i'm busy, call me back!

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:27 PM

No. It's a great map.

Jameson312
  • Jameson312

Founder and Lead Curler: LS Curling Association

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:28 PM

There was an actual point to the countryside in San Andreas

In GTA V, the entire northern part of the map is useless. There's no incentive to go there.

Zonegamer
  • Zonegamer

Front Yard Balla

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:38 PM

Yeah I agree to a certain extent. I rarely go to Blaine country unless I've spawned there after a mission. Los Santos appeals to me more than the countryside but I don't really mind it, it's just there tbh..

Then again I don't really see how they could add another extension to the city on current gen but I agree that the countryside was a waste that could have been used for more interiors and content. Also what I liked about Liberty City was the pure gritty inner city atmosphere. 

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Nobs4Lyf

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:39 PM

In GTA V, the entire northern part of the map is useless. There's no incentive to go there.

Exactly what did you need to go in the countryside for in san Andreas? Other than the missions you did nothing there. Wetstone I rode bikes up Mt. Chilliad. In Bone county I went to the airstrip or maybe visited the dam. Did nothing in Red County.

In V I can go to the airstrip, visit the military base or the prison, enjoy all the amazing mountains and maybe even visit Mrs. Cranley. It's basically the same amount of stuff.

Futo
  • Futo

Yeah i'm busy, call me back!

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:44 PM Edited by Futo, 19 October 2013 - 10:44 PM.

Exactly what did you need to go in the countryside for in san Andreas? Other than the missions you did nothing there. Wetstone I rode bikes up Mt. Chilliad. In Bone county I went to the airstrip or maybe visited the dam. Did nothing in Red County.
In V I can go to the airstrip, visit the military base or the prison, enjoy all the amazing mountains and maybe even visit Mrs. Cranley. It's basically the same amount of stuff.
I liked spending time at the bookies in Montgomery. A lot of time :)

MisterRawgers
  • MisterRawgers

Swindler

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:45 PM

It would be a lot better if there were more pedestrians, traffic, and wildlife! I can't believe they removed so much in online. It feels dead and bland when you're out in the country seeing absolutely no wildlife. What's the point in having this giant wilderness and countryside if we can't even see some damn birds. This has been one of my biggest gripes about online. 

• FallenAlien likes this

FallenAlien
  • FallenAlien

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:45 PM

I actually like the countryside. I also like the layout of the map aswell. 

My only complaint is actually the opposite of what most people are saying. I think the city is the most lacking part of the game, even though its still decent. I much preferred Liberty City as it felt much more complex and bigger. I just enjoyed it more, where as Los Santos all feels flat and all the same to me. 

Overall though I like the GTA V map much better, but I do like GTA IVs city better.

FallenAlien
  • FallenAlien

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:46 PM

It would be a lot better if there were more pedestrians, traffic, and wildlife! I can't believe they removed so much in online. It feels dead and bland when you're out in the country seeing absolutely no wildlife. What's the point in having this giant wilderness and countryside if we can't even see some damn birds. This has been one of my biggest gripes about online. 

This. Why did they take out animals!? Red Dead had them online. I dont see how it could of been that hard to make them work with the online.

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:58 PM Edited by RAS_ZeroZ, 19 October 2013 - 11:02 PM.

I really like Sandy Shores.. reminds me of the time when I lived in Twentynine Palms.  It gets a lot of it right, the people and wild life. Although, I'm not sure how realistic the Yucca trees are.. they're so brittle in the game. Of course I've never run one over in real life lol.

[edit: It's weird, I don't think I've seen any coyotes in online play... ]

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:08 PM

It's not impossible for them to add content that specifically is located in the northern regions.

withonion
  • withonion

Playa

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:10 PM

I love the countryside. Especially when a noob gets lost without a car and I fancy some sniping practice!!!

Wherewolf
  • Wherewolf

Fak u

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:11 PM

I am more of an urban street fighter thug gangster

#swag

In all seriousness, the map was hyped up to be huge and I agree that it doesn't really feel big. Los Santos is great, and even some of the countryside areas are great, but everything in between that is empty space.

lucifieraies
  • lucifieraies

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:13 PM

It's cause we are use to it at moment til new stuff is added

dragonstara29
  • dragonstara29

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:15 PM

Yeah, I was kinda hoping Las Venturas would be in the game. I mean I wanted to see the hotel in HD that I stayed in while I actually was in Vegas. Let alone it would have looked stunning with the new graphics. 

Stoopyface
  • Stoopyface

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:16 PM

I think they designed the map with a balance of multiplayer in mind, but just got a lot of the balance wrong. Some examples:

I think that Simeon's dock drop off was to be quite important and his text for cars was to be the equivalent of a daily in other mmos, (it has a fairly large payout of 15-20k and you get 1 text every day) with this in mind the chokepoint to that area could cause some interesting fights as people tried to take cars off one another.

The city is of course where the main focus is, all the apartments are there (so players will spawn here), the vast majority of the jobs take place there and the most expensive cars to sell to lsc are there. Obviously most people will be spawning there and spending time there, but it's where you can get the most money. You can lead a safer but less profitable life in the vast areas of Blaine County etc. So it's a strategic decision: risk other players to get more money or hide out in the country like Trevor but struggle to get as much money.

That said though I have never seen anyone go north of the massive lake in the middle of the map...there's just nothing up there.

TL;DR I think Rockstar was trying to make a map where people would fight for control of certain places, but screwed up game balance so there was no point for this.

Deagy87
  • Deagy87

Apex Stalkers

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:22 PM

Agreed.i hate the north end of the map.i even hate when i end up there due to a race or mission i ring merryweather for a chopper pick up half the time ta take me back to the city haha

theres just nothing ta do up there

kABUSE
  • kABUSE

Peon

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:28 PM

Lets hope they release DLC for expansion of san fierro and las venturas connected to LS. 

never ever.

You cannot possibly imagine how much work it would be to connect the existing map to new map parts. You do not only have to change a few roads, no you have to change hundreds of missions and all sorts of triggers and paths.

Also they definitely do not want to seperate the player base. And just image some dude who can, and some dude who cannot drive further on a road towards las venturas.

Zone-Tan
  • Zone-Tan

Zone Archive

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:51 PM

Oh it's big, and I feel it all night long.

Oh we're talking about the map? It's decent.

iVoltScopez V2
  • iVoltScopez V2

Deadhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:54 PM

I kinda hope they do something with the northern half other than more crappy races or parachute jumps. I'd like to see custom player made gametypes like demo derby on top of the mountain or something.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users