Photo

vehicle impounded // insurance

26 replies to this topic
STEADYSERG
  • STEADYSERG

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:45 PM

I am sick and tired of having my car impounded every chance they get. I need help on how to keeep my vehicle from being impounded. I understand and fully accept that when the police kill u, ur sh*t gets impounded. The thing i dont understand is all the other times my car gets impounded. Some user mentioned that if u park ur car in a parkign spot it doesnt get impounded really? 

Guys help me out here. Ive reached a point where i cant even take my only supercar for a ride due to it being impounded if i leave her for a little bit ont he streets of los santos. 

any tips/suggestions on how to avoid ur car being impounded would be greatly appreciated. 

Car Lover
  • Car Lover

Lover of Cars

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:47 PM

Don't go getting into shenanigans in your personal car.

STEADYSERG
  • STEADYSERG

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:48 PM Edited by STEADYSERG, 19 October 2013 - 07:50 PM.

and if it gets impounded any1 know how long it stays in the lot before they destroy it?

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

This, or if you know you're going to die, try to get into a different car and get away from your personal vehicle before you get clipped by the cops.

STEADYSERG
  • STEADYSERG

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:49 PM

This, or if you know you're going to die, try to get into a different car and get away from your personal vehicle before you get clipped by the cops.

so if u die when not in the same region as your car they leave it alone? I think they still impound it 

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:50 PM

No if you're far enough away from it, and in a pedestrain car, it remains untouched.

STEADYSERG
  • STEADYSERG

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

ok thanks anymore tips? 

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

No, that's really all you can do, lol.

Avoid death, or ditch your vehicle.  No other solutions.

jamminsport16
  • jamminsport16

VISIT FREEZINDA.COM

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

If you don't get your car from the impound it will say "Your car has been destroyed by the authorities." At that point call mutual insurance and you can have a replacement at your expense. After that just call your mechanic and you will have your car delivered to you within 6 seconds.

I used to waste so much time trying to get my car back. But now I realized I can just get my mechanic to bring it to me, whether it has been destroyed or impounded (if impounded just wait for destroyed by authorities text).

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

Yeah but more expensive cars like the Adder take around 10K to replace.

NombreDeLaBeast
  • NombreDeLaBeast

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:05 PM Edited by NombreDeLaBeast, 19 October 2013 - 08:06 PM.

i still dont get why we cant pay to get it out of the impound lot...evidently there is no judicial system in GTA so they dont need it for evidence (since we all get shot on sight at any wanted level lol) Wouldn't the cops love to take my money? 

STEADYSERG
  • STEADYSERG

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:21 PM

part of the reason i made this thread. I can't continue paying 8k for my cheetah to be replaced. I once quit the game standing by my cheetah than after turning it back on the car wasnt in my garage. Had to pay up 8k 

Car Lover
  • Car Lover

Lover of Cars

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:34 PM

part of the reason i made this thread. I can't continue paying 8k for my cheetah to be replaced. I once quit the game standing by my cheetah than after turning it back on the car wasnt in my garage. Had to pay up 8k 

Round up a BF Injection and mod it up... great little knockaround car.  And it only costs about 200$ to replace with insurance.

Sammmm
  • Sammmm

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:16 AM

Round up a BF Injection and mod it up... great little knockaround car.  And it only costs about 200$ to replace with insurance.

Same with my Sultan RS. :) $125 to replace by Insurance and I have it nearly fully modded, awesome 4 door car IMO, pretty fast.

As for the OP, you mention "every other time it gets impounded" ? The ONLY time your car gets impounded is if the cops kill you and you're in/near your car.

What other scenarios are you talking about?

Art:Vandelay
  • Art:Vandelay

Architect, Latex Producer, Marine Biologist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:18 AM

This is why I always steal other peoples cars from the impound lot, free nice cars left by idiots not picking them up

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:42 AM Edited by blk95ta, 20 October 2013 - 12:43 AM.

i just hit lvl 100 and the car i i drive the most, the corquette, now has the full armor and i'm done modding it so it  now has a remote bomb on it. let's see those f*ckers impound it this time hehehe.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:46 AM

i just hit lvl 100 and the car i i drive the most, the corquette, now has the full armor and i'm done modding it so it  now has a remote bomb on it. let's see those f*ckers impound it this time hehehe.

Do you know how the ignition bomb works?

It sounds like fun.

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:49 AM

If you're driving a Cheetah and still getting killed by the cops, you're either trying to get killed by the cops or you've got no idea what you're doing in this game.

grand theft spaghetti
  • grand theft spaghetti

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:17 PM Edited by ijustcameheretobeeotch, 21 November 2013 - 06:18 PM.

at 9 a.m. my bike was impounded by the cops because a cop turned on its lights for a random npc thing and another npc swerved into my lane and killed me. I spawn to the messages I committed suicide and the cops impounded my bike...whatever would have replaced it soon anyway. I go to los santos with a phoenix and go to add insurance. I expected to get the message of which car to replace. instead by 11 a.m. the cops had already destroyed my bike. im trying to organize my garage, something rockstar should expect players to want to do. bad enough I cant have two garages so I don't have to sell my car if I want to buy a new one.

frustration rant...stupid cops, they have the freedom to play without fear of being punished by rockstar.

brooklyn718
  • brooklyn718

AZ

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:21 PM

What i dont like is the cops knows your car regardless of where it is. I can leave my car downtown LSC, and go kill someone in BC, and your car will still be impounded. Its silly. You should be able to park your car away from the crime scene and it be ok.

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:27 PM

Any instance where you're killed while in your car with any star wanted level it will be impounded. I've been impounded when the cops weren't after me yet got killed by another player. Really annoying especially when you're trying to grab a jet from the base. If you're killed it will get impounded, then its miles away. If you use a random car, your chances of surviving long enough to get a jet drops significantly.

crashhat69
  • crashhat69

Homie

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:27 PM

Same with my Sultan RS. :) $125 to replace by Insurance and I have it nearly fully modded, awesome 4 door car IMO, pretty fast.

As for the OP, you mention "every other time it gets impounded" ? The ONLY time your car gets impounded is if the cops kill you and you're in/near your car.

What other scenarios are you talking about?

actually mines been impounded several times without having a wanted level. mines been impounded just by getting killed by another player. so i know how the op is feeling.

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

*Roark!*

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:31 PM

I really like how the cops can impound your car even when there's no way to get to it.

Like how my Rebel got impounded a minute ago when it was on top of a four story building after a failed stunt jump on a three star.

M3mn0ch_1987
  • M3mn0ch_1987

Prankster

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:37 PM

Do you know how the ignition bomb works?

It sounds like fun.

I stole simeon's car that he wanted off another player and installed an ignition bomb in it. Be warned it does not discriminate so if you do get out of the car once it has been modded into it do not get back in otherwise you will go kaboom. It works pretty much how it states on the tin. Someone gets in turns the ignition and boom! Be warned though it is not a lasting mod so If you do do it to your personal vehicle it will not follow you across lobbies. Any kill you do get from the ignition bomb does not count as a kill to you but rather a suicide to them.

SouthWestPayDay
  • SouthWestPayDay

Tha SouthWest Soldier...BIG money folder...Motorolla holder

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:14 PM

If you don't get your car from the impound it will say "Your car has been destroyed by the authorities." At that point call mutual insurance and you can have a replacement at your expense. After that just call your mechanic and you will have your car delivered to you within 6 seconds.

I used to waste so much time trying to get my car back. But now I realized I can just get my mechanic to bring it to me, whether it has been destroyed or impounded (if impounded just wait for destroyed by authorities text).

Yeah...my Space Docker has a $12,500 deductible. I will risk getting it out on my own. All my other vehicles though, I go to the impound lot, throw a sticky at it and pay the deductible.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:53 PM

I stole simeon's car that he wanted off another player and installed an ignition bomb in it. Be warned it does not discriminate so if you do get out of the car once it has been modded into it do not get back in otherwise you will go kaboom. It works pretty much how it states on the tin. Someone gets in turns the ignition and boom! Be warned though it is not a lasting mod so If you do do it to your personal vehicle it will not follow you across lobbies. Any kill you do get from the ignition bomb does not count as a kill to you but rather a suicide to them.

Unless patch 1.06 changed this, in personal vehicles the ignition bomb can not be triggered by the owner. Kills count as kills.

I have the platinum car bomber award on two characters.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:49 PM

I really like how the cops can impound your car even when there's no way to get to it.

Like how my Rebel got impounded a minute ago when it was on top of a four story building after a failed stunt jump on a three star.

The cops impounded my tank.

Like...I don't even know what to say to that, lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users