» «
Photo

What about apartment customization?

33 replies to this topic
BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:25 PM Edited by BumpyJohnson, 08 June 2014 - 10:11 PM.

I think we should be able to customize the apartments.  As of now everyone who bought this apartment has the same exact look on the inside.  Allowing us to customize them would give us the opportunity to make them our own.  I bought one of the apartments that's in the center of the city area for $200k which comes with a 10 car garage.  I don't know how the cheaper ones look bcuz I waited until I had enough for one with a 10 car garage but I believe these ideas should still apply.

My ideas are...

* We should be able to change the furniture.  Add a furniture store to the map and allow us to shop there for chairs,  coaches,  tables,  lamps,  etc.  If not at least let us change the color as well as texture from leather to suede of the furniture we have.  We should also be able to change the pictures that are on the wall.  Again add a store to the map for this.  This store could even be used in a heist mission since expensive paintings could be sold there.

* Instead of having to take the shot of alcohol from the designated spots,  we should be able to pour a glass and walk around with that glass and take more than one drink from it.

* We should be able to have more than one stripper as a contact so we can call multiple over to our place.  Also when they come over they should be wearing the jacket like they do in single player or clothes.  Then they could take it off and you know actually strip.  ;)  They also shouldn't stay in that one spot by the chair and dance to themselves waiting to give someone a lap dance.  They should walk around like they do in the club.  If someone wants a lap dance then they should walk up to them and ask them like they do in the club.  Then they would go to the nearest available chair or couch.

* We should be able to get food out of the kitchen to replenish health wether from the fridge or the cabinets.  Friends should be able to as well.

* We should be able to add minigames to the apartment.  Here is a video I found on youtube of someone doing a walkthrough of the same apartment I bought to help me explain.  Credit goes to Mrazgoodaz

* OK at 2:04 you see a table with 3 chairs around it.  My 1st idea is add a 4th chair and make this table for games like dominoes,  chess or card games like,  spades,  poker,  etc.  We should also be able to make bets.

* At 2:11 is the TV area.  I think the weed bong should be moved to this area since the table wont be used for anything.  Maybe watching TV while high could produce some funny images on the screen.  As for the TV,  there needs to be more channels.  You can watch the news and see other players but it changes to 1st person.  I also would like for it to stay 3rd person if possible.  Lastly,  make it where everyone sees the same thing and if the channel is changed everyone sees it change too.

* At 2:29 there is a dinner table.  We're not gonna eat dinner on it so we should be allowed to replace it with a pool table or ice hockey table.  We should be able to make bets here as well.

* We should also be able to add an arcade game or two (don't know where exactly but it would still be a cool addition).

* Allow us to add a fishtank against the wall shown at 2:33.  There could even be different sizes like small ones that sit in the center to huge ones that cover almost the whole wall. 

Those are just some ideas that came across my mind that could make the apartments more live.  Right now its pretty boring so nobody really wants to visit them after the 1st time.  Anyone else want to add anything?  thoughts?

BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:35 AM Edited by BumpyJohnson, 08 June 2014 - 10:12 PM.

Wow nobody?

TheBeautifulGame
  • TheBeautifulGame

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:49 AM Edited by TheBeautifulGame, 22 October 2013 - 12:51 AM.

I didn't know we could call strippers to our apartment. I haven't gone into a strip club online yet. Defo agree with card games, Poker would be excellent and Pool and Air Hockey would be great. 

I like the walking around with the glass idea, nice role play of watching carnage through your huge window, sipping whiskey with a suit on listening to classical music on your radio :)

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:50 AM

DLC

Rockwheels
  • Rockwheels

ayy lmao

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:58 AM

DLC

Definitely. Pool was there in IV so why not.

I expect the DLCs to bring overpriced in-game material..

IShotBambi
  • IShotBambi

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:06 AM

I agree. What I think would be some cool ideas:

-Add poker table, pool table, fish/shark tank, lighting(disco ball? color changing) darts etc

-color change of garage floor

-AT LEAST color changing of funiture, walls, kitchen appliances

-mini bar

-stereo system instead of that 1990's CD player lol

-Changing wall pictures to pictures you've personally have taken

-statues

Kind of sounds like The Sims but lack of personality in these apartments is terrible 

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:09 AM

I want a pool table, a stripper pole, an indoor pool, a gym, a bar, and a fish tank.

There is plenty of room.

teagle
  • teagle

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:10 AM

The only thing that I want is to be able to run in my apartment. Stop being so casual!
  • Biohazard Abyss likes this

MyLittlePony
  • MyLittlePony

Crew: Ponyville

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:15 AM

I don't know why the hoof they would add food on a plate that you can't eat or some weird ass juice that doesn't even heal you, let alone do anything for that matter.

DEERxBanshee
  • DEERxBanshee

Badder den dem

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:18 AM

That'd be too nice of rockstar and would probably cause a bunch of more progress loss issues and deleted characters...hope they will do what you say it'd be sweet and add longevity to the game

myname2917
  • myname2917

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:08 PM

I am all for customization whether by specific things you can add like say just adding a pool table or by  more wholesale changes to the entire style like Saints Row 2 had.

Hopefully they add this since it does improve the longevity and gameplay. 

Myles Prower
  • Myles Prower

Mechanic

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:12 PM

Customising your appartment like you could in Playstation Home would be great

ProTrunks
  • ProTrunks

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:20 PM

I want a crew apartment! :)

• Manic_Feer likes this

CunoVonRembold
  • CunoVonRembold

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:21 PM

Just need few things like: be able to run, mini-game, more action in general. Even drinking wine should be more long...

Unjust
  • Unjust

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

I want roof access with helipad.
  • meezy4sheezy likes this

BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:34 PM

I want roof access with helipad.

I agree.  It could easily be an option when you go to the door to leave like they have the garage.

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:42 PM

Rockstar will absolutely deliver that content in a dlc coming soon - very soon ... And you will be able to purchase these items for no more than what corresponds to 453 online hours of grinding missions or one of these fine cash cards *big smile* .... Soon that is - very soon ...

• StupidAssHeadAss likes this

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:45 PM Edited by darkdayz, 27 October 2013 - 11:48 PM.

I'd rather a more diverse range of safehouses before going into that much detail, say for example, uh, HOUSES.

At the moment there are just what I like to call 'safeapartments', and they are all incredibly low tiered. There are 3 interior builds, this is so lazy, they could of easily faked it and moved some furniture around or changes some art/colours in the different priced properties to make them a bit different, I don't think a different view justifies a 150k difference personally.

Although I've noticed that other real estate websites are 'currently down for maintenance' just like dynasty 8 was. This is promising because those websites have houses listed according to radio ads, awesome houses, not just samey apartments. I hope we see more than just apartments. Maybe then we can start thinking about customisation. 

Digitalbulletz
  • Digitalbulletz

bad ass mofo

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:33 AM

I'm down with all of OPs ideas, R* make it happen!

BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:43 AM

I'd rather a more diverse range of safehouses before going into that much detail, say for example, uh, HOUSES.

At the moment there are just what I like to call 'safeapartments', and they are all incredibly low tiered. There are 3 interior builds, this is so lazy, they could of easily faked it and moved some furniture around or changes some art/colours in the different priced properties to make them a bit different, I don't think a different view justifies a 150k difference personally.

Although I've noticed that other real estate websites are 'currently down for maintenance' just like dynasty 8 was. This is promising because those websites have houses listed according to radio ads, awesome houses, not just samey apartments. I hope we see more than just apartments. Maybe then we can start thinking about customisation. 

Wont happen bcuz they wont be able to instance them like they can the apartments.  If more than one person in the session owns said house there will conflict.  With apartment buildings you can mask this but with houses it will look silly if multiple owners are running in and out of the same house. 

CurtisC87
  • CurtisC87

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:46 AM

My 400k apartment looks the same as this 200k. This is weak.

CurtisC87
  • CurtisC87

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:48 AM

Wont happen bcuz they wont be able to instance them like they can the apartments.  If more than one person in the session owns said house there will conflict.  With apartment buildings you can mask this but with houses it will look silly if multiple owners are running in and out of the same house. 

I would rather take silly over dull and boring looking apartments.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:50 AM

Yes, would love to see a Furniture Store in a future update!

Where you could purchase different furniture, wallpapers etc for your apartment!

Making each apartment (although similar frame and foundation) unique and look very different! :)

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:53 AM

Give me something to remove bruises from my character.  That's all I want.

Shouldn't have to leave the game and rejoin.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:53 AM

Guys, I love threads like these. They are the best part of the forums. However, its VERY important to not only discuss your ideas here, but also email rockstar about these ideas. 

If 300 people email rockstar about apartment customization they will be more inclined to consider the idea. Especially if you link to, or better yet, cope the contents of extensive posts like these.

Look at the "Love of Money" topic. It got alot of attention, and I can tell you for a fact that rockstar used some of those ideas.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:02 AM

Give me something to remove bruises from my character.  That's all I want.

Shouldn't have to leave the game and rejoin.

Showering and then Sleeping on the Bed should remove bruises no? :)

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:13 AM

No, lol why does everyone say that?

It doesn't work.

BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:14 PM

Guys, I love threads like these. They are the best part of the forums. However, its VERY important to not only discuss your ideas here, but also email rockstar about these ideas. 

If 300 people email rockstar about apartment customization they will be more inclined to consider the idea. Especially if you link to, or better yet, cope the contents of extensive posts like these.

Look at the "Love of Money" topic. It got alot of attention, and I can tell you for a fact that rockstar used some of those ideas.

I emailed all my ideas so hopefully they will be realized.

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:16 PM

"nice bump" :cookie:

LOES
  • LOES

Kawaii!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:57 PM

I'd so love it, and then maybe the Giantsgiants of the apartment world will be able to show the community their interior designs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users