» «
Photo

There should have been 1 large Bank to rob, like a store, in free roam

17 replies to this topic
BioVirus
  • BioVirus

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:24 PM Edited by BioVirus, 19 October 2013 - 07:31 PM.

We have 20 stores to rob, but would it have killed R* to add in an interior of 1 of the large banks in Downtown Los Santos? We would only need the first floor of said bank, the rest of the floors can be unavailable.

But, walk in, with guns pointed, in a Bank with say... 3 fixed Security Guards.... and a Bank Vault in the back.  Intimidate 1 Bank NPC behind the counter, in the same way the current Intimidate works in the Store Robbery function.  Once you Intimidate the NPC, he/she opens the back door, and now you have to place a Sticky bomb on the Vault door.  BLow it up, run inside, grab the loot, and run outside and make your getaway.

This is all done in free roam, just like Store robberies.

1) If you die with the money on you, you drop the bags of loot.  Any player can kill you and steal it.

2) The only way to successfully keep the Money from the Bank, is to get into your apartment.   This adds another perk to having apt's.   It's required if you want the Bank robbery.

3) automatic 4 star wanted level, maybe 5?

4) Since there is only 1 bank, that means when someone robs it, you have to wait X amount of minutes before it's robbable again.  Maybe once an in-game day, which is 48 real life minutes? or maybe once every 3 hours?  You can change it.

5) Make the payout something like 20k?   Since the bank is only robbable by 1 player every  amount of time, it's not like the payout is too big.  There's risk.

You have to run from players and cops..... and it would be fun.

• KyoukoToshinou likes this

cwo-reynolds
  • cwo-reynolds

Thug

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:29 PM

Sounds cool. I'm sure its in the works. They promised heists, haven't really found one yet that I'd consider a "heist". I think of the final chase in GTA SA when I think of a heist getaway
  • DaPieGuy likes this

BioVirus
  • BioVirus

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:38 PM

Nah, the Heists stuff they are adding is Mission stuff.  Like any other mission..

not in free roam stuff

Zone-Tan
  • Zone-Tan

Zone Archive

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

I like the idea of 1 bank in Free Roam, haha

sronsr
  • sronsr

3 bit Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

I've posted something very similar before

http://gtaforums.com...ks-in-freemode/

Jock Cranley
  • Jock Cranley

Governor

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

We have 20 stores to rob, but would it have killed R* to add in an interior of 1 of the large banks in Downtown Los Santos? We would only need the first floor of said bank, the rest of the floors can be unavailable.

But, walk in, with guns pointed, in a Bank with say... 3 fixed Security Guards.... and a Bank Vault in the back.  Intimidate 1 Bank NPC behind the counter, in the same way the current Intimidate works in the Store Robbery function.  Once you Intimidate the NPC, he/she opens the back door, and now you have to place a Sticky bomb on the Vault door.  BLow it up, run inside, grab the loot, and run outside and make your getaway.

1) If you die with the money on you, you drop the bags of loot.  Any player can kill you and steal it.

2) The only way to successfully keep the Money from the Bank, is to get into your apartment.   This adds another perk to having apt's.   It's required if you want the Bank robbery.

4) Since there is only 1 bank, that means when someone robs it, you have to wait X amount of minutes before it's robbable again.  Maybe once an in-game day, which is 48 real life minutes? or maybe once every 3 hours?  You can change it.

5) Make the payout something like 20k?   Since the bank is only robbable by 1 player every  amount of time, it's not like the payout is too big.  There's risk.

Cool idea, but to big of payout for such a little amount of time. It should be 1 chance per 1 week irl.

kushalKD
  • kushalKD

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

If you look at the random spots where a Fleeca bank is, you can see there's people inside of it and it is actually fully detailed. We're not allowed inside of it yet but possibly in the near future as DLC.

Tayman
  • Tayman

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:46 PM

A great idea that sounds like it would be easily implemented...but where is it?  >_<  As soon as they give us something worth fighting over in Free Roam or an area to hold for some type of gain, the game will become much more fun.

• BioVirus and Chaos-Elite like this

BioVirus
  • BioVirus

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

If you look at the random spots where a Fleeca bank is, you can see there's people inside of it and it is actually fully detailed. We're not allowed inside of it yet but possibly in the near future as DLC.

Yes, the interiors are there..... but it's locked....... I don't know what the deal is.

MisterRawgers
  • MisterRawgers

Swindler

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:39 PM

I wish we could rob Fleeca banks with people in free roam, without having to set up a heist. It's said that we will need a certain amount of JP (job points) before we can even do a heist. It would be cool if it takes JP to do a larger heists, but smaller things like the fleeca banks could be robbed once every in game day at the cost of 0 JP.

dream3r
  • dream3r

Keeper of dreams

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:51 PM

This is all going to be added, they've said that before, several times.  They have the interior of the banks done as you can see, you're just locked out.  I believe they're still trying to work on a system of how they will work.  In single player you had a board where you could choose how to go about the heist, the board is in the high end apartments too.

The issue is that how o they implement this online?  In single player you could steal a dump truck for a mission but in online someone could just blow up your dumptruck and f*ck you over.  That's why I don't think the heist will be as interactive as they were in SP.  More likely these job points you have will unlock a bank for you.  So you have to do a certain set of missions before you can rob and once you do you can't rob again until you have those points again.  

Then there's the issue of how to make it enjoyable.  If it is free roam, people would be pissed to do all of that only to be shot and robbed by another player.  Can you imagine working for hours to unlock a heist only to have some dude spend 2 minutes shooting you to reap all the rewards?  I'd be mad.

Lastly they said the heist leader decides who gets a cut and how much.  This could be an issue as what if the leader decides to keep it all?  How can you get it back?  Before online came out I thought your crew might just end up attacking your house and taking it back but now as you can tell, people can only enter if you allow them to.  "Hey can I come in and grab the money you owe me?"  "Yeah sure."  "Really?"  "No f*ck off."  Would make more sense if we owned actual houses that could be attacked.

BioVirus
  • BioVirus

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

This is all going to be added, they've said that before, several times.  They have the interior of the banks done as you can see, you're just locked out.  I believe they're still trying to work on a system of how they will work.  In single player you had a board where you could choose how to go about the heist, the board is in the high end apartments too.

The issue is that how o they implement this online?  In single player you could steal a dump truck for a mission but in online someone could just blow up your dumptruck and f*ck you over.  That's why I don't think the heist will be as interactive as they were in SP.  More likely these job points you have will unlock a bank for you.  So you have to do a certain set of missions before you can rob and once you do you can't rob again until you have those points again.  

Then there's the issue of how to make it enjoyable.  If it is free roam, people would be pissed to do all of that only to be shot and robbed by another player.  Can you imagine working for hours to unlock a heist only to have some dude spend 2 minutes shooting you to reap all the rewards?  I'd be mad.

Lastly they said the heist leader decides who gets a cut and how much.  This could be an issue as what if the leader decides to keep it all?  How can you get it back?  Before online came out I thought your crew might just end up attacking your house and taking it back but now as you can tell, people can only enter if you allow them to.  "Hey can I come in and grab the money you owe me?"  "Yeah sure."  "Really?"  "No f*ck off."  Would make more sense if we owned actual houses that could be attacked.

What you're talking about is Heists, planned out missions.

What I described in OP is simply a glorified Store as we already have in the game now.  The only differences would be small ones.  It's pick up and play.

DEERxBanshee
  • DEERxBanshee

Badder den dem

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

You can go inside of the bank in the online gameplay trailer as well.

dream3r
  • dream3r

Keeper of dreams

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:21 PM

What you're talking about is Heists, planned out missions.

What I described in OP is simply a glorified Store as we already have in the game now.  The only differences would be small ones.  It's pick up and play.

Oh, sorry I misunderstood.  This would make sense for the really small banks then like in Blaine County.

BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:25 PM Edited by BumpyJohnson, 19 October 2013 - 10:27 PM.

Hell yeah man!  Awesome idea.  A few buddies and I were actually discussing this last night.  lol  We know they will add this as a mission but just like you we thought it should be in free roam like the stores instead.  The only differences in our discussions was we thought all the banks should be open to being robbed bcuz if only one is open it would be chaos.  Everyone will be trying to rob it at the same time so you might not ever get a chance to rob it. 

Another difference is it could be done 2 ways which would determine the amount of stars you get.  For example...

1.  Loud and dumb - Your crew runs in guns blazing.  This way means you'll get stars instantly so guys will have to cover the door and kill all incoming cops,  another would have to hold up the teller and make him/her open the door to the vault.  The last member runs back there,  blows the vault and grabs the money then you all escape.

2.  Silent and smart -  You all go in with no guns drawn and each member takes a position.  One near the interance so nobody leaves (if a ped escapes after the robbery starts they call the cops),  one near each guard and one to point a gun at the teller.  When ready everyone acts simultaneously (the guards are killed and the teller is held a gun point and made to open the door to the vault.  If done smoothly no stars are gained.  Only when you blow up the vault will the cops start to come.  This way gives you a head start in your escape.

:D

Majick
  • Majick

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:28 PM

There is a bank you can enter with a full interior.. 3 floors, vault and all!

BioVirus
  • BioVirus

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:30 PM

There is a bank you can enter with a full interior.. 3 floors, vault and all!

Where?  I have not seen this at all. 

BioVirus
  • BioVirus

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:10 AM

anyone know what bank he is talkin bout

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users