Photo

Not saving just lost everything from today

13 replies to this topic
SnoSurfer
  • SnoSurfer

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

So I have been on most of the day, initially I was leaving and coming back to save progress when I realised it wasn't working.

From there I just decided to stay on during the day, I wasn't always playing but I stayed on in an invite only session. Against my better judgement I did a bunch of races and missions and had gone up from level 75 to 77, and had earned $230k.

All that progress is now gone. I left as I thought the servers were working again, waited a while, went back online and was at the same stage as the start of the day. My stats on social club didn't update all day, I should have known better. How do you not fix this over the entire day? And on the weekend?! Wow.

Jock Cranley
  • Jock Cranley

Governor

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:24 PM

So I have been on most of the day, initially I was leaving and coming back to save progress when I realised it wasn't working.

From there I just decided to stay on during the day, I wasn't always playing but I stayed on in an invite only session. Against my better judgement I did a bunch of races and missions and had gone up from level 75 to 77, and had earned $230k.

All that progress is now gone. I left as I thought the servers were working again, waited a while, went back online and was at the same stage as the start of the day. My stats on social club didn't update all day, I should have known better. How do you not fix this over the entire day? And on the weekend?! Wow.

Did you ever cheat or glitch?

SnoSurfer
  • SnoSurfer

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

Why would I be grinding races for money if I was a glitcher?! Those guys have millions stored up.

It has now put me back to my stats from yesterday before all these problems with the cloud servers. So now I have lost 3 levels and nearly $300k.

The message I saw from R* is that progress wouldn't be lost it was just being slow to update, but mine has so far only updated to an earlier state, anyone confirm if it will catch back up, or is all that play time for nothing?

Jock Cranley
  • Jock Cranley

Governor

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

Why would I be grinding races for money if I was a glitcher?! Those guys have millions stored up.

It has now put me back to my stats from yesterday before all these problems with the cloud servers. So now I have lost 3 levels and nearly $300k.

The message I saw from R* is that progress wouldn't be lost it was just being slow to update, but mine has so far only updated to an earlier state, anyone confirm if it will catch back up, or is all that play time for nothing?

Link to where Rockstar said that please. And if that is correct it sounds like Rockstar knows what they are doing and are up to something very big.

SnoSurfer
  • SnoSurfer

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:51 PM Edited by SnoSurfer, 19 October 2013 - 07:55 PM.

http://support.rocks...g-in-GTA-Online[/url]

I'll try to find the post again where they said progress would catch up and not be lost.

http://support.rocks...ne?locale=en-us

SnoSurfer
  • SnoSurfer

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

Ok, RP and Cash slowly going up, will see how much progress I will recover.

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:19 PM

I took advantage of the money not updating when the update first came out. I bought a car, then left online. Came back, and I had the car, but my money reset to what it was originally. Got a few upgrades, left online, came back, and the upgrades stayed, while my back went back to what it was, again. Free car, and full unlocked upgrades for free!!! I don't consider it cheating, as I was f*cked out of appx. $200k in races before I did this, so it balances out :p

SnoSurfer
  • SnoSurfer

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:27 PM

Yeah, well I'm still down over 2 RP levels and $240k, but it is very slowly going up.

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:38 PM

Yeah, after upgrading my car(s), I went to an Ammunation and cleaned out what I had left, bought an Assault Rifle and Sniper, left, came back, and my money reset again, but the guns didn't stay. I woke up this morning, and the money was gone, and I had the Assault Rifle+upgrades I bought, but the Sniper isn't there yet. If you go on to social club, it should show your updated RP and rank (it shows mine being halfway through 25, which I get to last night), while I'm still down at 23 ingame right now. This better straighten up tonight.

SnoSurfer
  • SnoSurfer

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:55 PM Edited by SnoSurfer, 19 October 2013 - 08:56 PM.

I am checking it on Socialclub as that has been updating and if I go back into the game it matches that. I am still down a long way on cash and RP right now.

This is a massive sh*t show, and has been going on since last night apparently. They really need to sort their servers out.

Jahaga
  • Jahaga

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

I'm having the exact same issue. Last night I ranked up from 19 to 23 and earned $100k, that was all lost after leaving GTA V Online and re-entering. Although the upgrades I made on my car saved, still lost $50k and 4 ranks. I ranked up to 21 after the loss and logged off.

Now about 20 minutes ago, I finished playing 4 hours ranking up from 21 to 27 and earning $140k (a total of $378k in my bank) and lost EVERYTHING after switching to Story Mode and back. I'm back to rank 21 with only $227k.

I'm done. I'm not playing anymore until this issue is resolved. It's a huge waste of my time to play this broken game now.

Rule of Two
  • Rule of Two

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:45 AM

I hope my catches up by later today. I went from rank 64 to 71 and it's now gone according to Social Club. The in-game stats menu is showing my proper Global RP amount though. Would be nice to see if others also can see their real Global RP in the stats menu.

Matahari0711
  • Matahari0711

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:00 AM

Well, it seemed to have saved partial bits yesterday. I went up to rank 25 from 22 and got the achievement for it, bought the apartment I wanted and when I came back on this morning I still had the apartment but was down to lvl 24 and less cash than I had yesterday when I left. 

Crows Descend
  • Crows Descend

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:15 PM

Exact same has been happening to me. I've gone from Level 92 down to 89, then to 91 and then back down to 90. Then last night, I went to level 94 from doing missions. I switch my Xbox 360 on today (1 hour ago) and find myself BACK down to level 90!!!!!!  :cry: 

It just feels like a huge waste of time, all that progress lost from hours and hours of missions and races, and bought weapons/ammo all reset back from the start of my day... and the thing is, I thought I was safe after seeing the message on the left side of my screen in-game saying "Save Successful" ... But obviously, no... 

My friend has been doing the same activities as me, with races and missions yet he hasn't lost any Rank/progress, but me and my other friend have.. and obviously some of you guys on this topic.

Hopefully there's a way to fix this!  :blink: 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users