Quantcast

» «
Photo

Unlocking vehicle performance mod workarounds?

12 replies to this topic
jmack3d
  • jmack3d

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:16 PM

Basically I am curious if there is any way to unlock the vehicle performance mods without winning races against other players.

I know it sounds stupid but has anybody figured anything out? I hate racing and honestly I suck at it and have no desire to do them. Especially in GTA where racing dirty is encouraged. I just want to fully upgrade my cars for personal use cruising around the city and doing missions ect..

So has anyone figured out a good way to do this? Any ideas or hints? Basically what I have boiled it down to is boosting. It seems to be the only way to unlock the mods without doing 100's of races against players who have mods unlocked and smoke you every time.

So I'm thinking you just find someone online and trade wins? I find it very stupid that R* made it this way.. Why not place in top 3 to unlock or just mark the price for the mods way up? Just an alternative option to simply winning a Shi* ton of races would be nice.

I guess this turned into a rant so I apologize. But does anyone on Xbox want to "race" with me online? Maybe take turns doing a short 1 lap race 5 times a piece?

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:55 PM

Im pretty sure you lcan unlock mods by doing time trials mate. Start a race as host and start it before anyone joins so its just u driving in it. I unlocked the turbo for my dominator this way. I certainly havent won enough normal races to unlock it as i mostly race the bikes againt fellow players.

jmack3d
  • jmack3d

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

Im pretty sure you lcan unlock mods by doing time trials mate. Start a race as host and start it before anyone joins so its just u driving in it. I unlocked the turbo for my dominator this way. I certainly havent won enough normal races to unlock it as i mostly race the bikes againt fellow players.

Thanks man, I will give it a try

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

*LHDC* LongHairDontCare

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:07 PM

lol @ trading wins

jmack3d
  • jmack3d

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:22 PM

By time trials do mean just racing yourself? I couldmt find any race types regarding time trials.

I've tried just doing a solo race and it didn't count towards upgrades

jmack3d
  • jmack3d

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:34 AM

Bump. Any more thoughts?

fresheggroll
  • fresheggroll

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:15 AM

jailbroken iPhone + iFruit = free maxed out upgrades

high91
  • high91

Eminem- Infinite-1996-313

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:59 AM

And you, amongst other people are the ones encouraging that? come on what is so hard about actually earning them in the game? you should not even own a game of this stance if you cant play it legitimately.  Yes, now I am one of them people who dis agree with you but for good reason.  OP just do time trials mate :)

jmack3d
  • jmack3d

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:01 AM

And you, amongst other people are the ones encouraging that? come on what is so hard about actually earning them in the game? you should not even own a game of this stance if you cant play it legitimately.  Yes, now I am one of them people who dis agree with you but for good reason.  OP just do time trials mate :)

How do I start a time trial?

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:24 AM

There's no such thing. The only way to get the parts is by doing the races. Trading wins is easiest, find a guy who's going for XP on the Criminal Records race and ask him if he'll help you. Most people trade wins. It's tedious but the only way, since everyone online in the 'legit' races drives like a jackass.

TBH if you don't enjoy racing I wouldn't even bother with the unlocks. The only one that does anything is the turbo. The visual unlocks are what you want, and those you get mostly by just leveling up. As someone who drives a fully pimped Ruiner, let me say it's better to just have a separate car that is already super fast (buy a supercar when we get the cash update or something) and drive that when you need a quick ride instead of trying to make a sweet-looking cruise car into a rocket. In my case, Ruiner + tons of upgrades = a cool looking Ruiner that still drives no better than the stock, lol.

• TGroves14 likes this

tresshold
  • tresshold

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:20 AM

they won't count towards win, you have to race with persons.

you can level up this way though.

BlademanX
  • BlademanX

Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:44 AM

Thanks man, I will give it a try

My mate laughed when i told him this, but its true,

Or race your friend take it in turns to win.

You,ll soon be escaping griefers in 3 seconds!

Pizentu
  • Pizentu

Platinum Deplorable

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

I can understand having to unlock upgrades through racing. I do not however understand the need to race just to unlock paint. When I play with my crew, none of them really want to race, so I try to join a race but get kicked because people are in a lobby boosting and dont want me there beating them. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users