» «
Photo

Survival Strategies

23 replies to this topic
VitalEcho
  • VitalEcho

Saint

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:56 PM Edited by VitalEcho, 08 November 2013 - 01:39 AM.

To any mod who sees this, could you move this topic to the 'Guides' section? I think it'll be a better fit.

Everyone post up your best Survival Strategies. Videos and pictures are great for hold-out spots. If you don't have videos or pictures please try to be descriptive as possible so someone can follow and try it out themselves.

Everyone please help me out with the names of maps. I don't pay much attention to these so if any below are wrong let me know so I can fix it! If I forgot you in the 'Thanks' section, let me know. I got a little mixed up copy and pasting!

General Tips:

Use your pistol first 2 rounds it will just take one bullet to kill them. Switch to the Uzi type guns in rounds 3-5 and then the heavier assault rifles in rounds 6-10.

Links:

This Link is a great resource for some strategies that include pictures. Check the first answer for all of this. Credit goes to Dom of http://gaming.stackexchange.com

Boneyard

As you start, looking at the big barn, to the right there is a container by the fence. Two people each end is enough to complete 10 waves.

Here you are protected from the helos. The person on the right end can take out all the NPCs as they come through the gate, and this position also has good sight of the NPCs coming from the rusted bus. The person on the left has clear sight of the vehicles as they approach.

The position is in good proximity to two vests and health packs.

Processed

In the shed furthest away from the starting point, behind the dumpster in there.

If you have a 3 man crew, 2 people on either side of the portable in the same shed, and if they get killed, the guy behind the dumpster can easily finish the rest off.  He won't get many kills unless other players die, but it's a great spot for providing backup.  Teamwork for the win.

In the same shed, there's sandbags near the front LHS which make good cover from the choppers as well.

Processed can be done by yourself. Its faster, by like 5 minutes, plus only two helis come. Big building has a bunch of dumpsters towards the back wall find the green one on the right. As you kill everyone all the weapon ammo will be right in front of you. Health and armor right outside the door. Sometimes they come in swarms so your just need to pop up and knock them down quick, not necessarily kill them, then start picking them off as they get up. Helicopter can be taken out inside the building at the far left wall. You can still die this way so if they shoot you a couple times make sure to hid for a few seconds until your health comes back.

Sandy

The first requires a team of 3 or 4. Go to the Chinese restaurant (written in big red letters on the wall), one guy stands on the dumpster. The aiming is a little finicky from there but you'll get the hang of it. Another is in the doorway. Finally, if you have a full team put one guy on the left behind the food stand to block them from coming around the tattoo parlor, those guys will cause problems for the guy in the doorway. The last guy is on the right side by the body armor, blocking enemies from spawning there, because they will really give the guy in the doorway hell. On helicopter waves (4, 7, 10) the two guys on the ends are exposed to the choppers, either they hide in the restaurant or prioritize the choppers and get rid of them fast.

If you're alone then go to the body armor on the right end of the restaurant, behind it is a great spot to hole up in, they can only come from in front of you but guys in trucks can come from the right. Those guys can give you issues but they usually move to a position in front of you before they start shooting, because they're meth addicted idiots.

In Sandy Shores Survival, there is a little 'L' shaped brick wall on two sides at the back of a building. Its the opening to a toilet (which you can't go in, of course), and is a good cover. It doesn't work unless you have two or more players, 'cause you need to cover each side.

Industrial Plant:

There are two body armor locations. I usually go to the one on the ground floor and there is a kind of container you can hide in. Sometimes having the entire team there helps a lot. However its not so good against helicopters.

Thanks to:

Digyerownhole, Mr Walker, Upggrade, cml41, JTGreat, Jack Reacher, JasonZN

gtaplayer001
  • gtaplayer001

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:43 PM Edited by gtaplayer001, 19 October 2013 - 06:47 PM.

I've gotten 10 waves on 3 of the survival missions repeatedly.  There are sweat spots that make it the easiest but even those can fail if you aren't covered/backed up by another player.

So the key really is to stick with the other players so one can guard one side and you guard the other.  Every best spot seems to cover you from two sides max.  So you need one player to cover the left and another cover the right.  Or you got to be good at watching the map and switching sides quickly as they sneak up from behind.

gtaplayer001
  • gtaplayer001

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:45 PM Edited by gtaplayer001, 19 October 2013 - 06:46 PM.

If you play enough survival missions, go where all the other players are because usually one knows where the sweat spot is and will lead you to it.  That's the easiest way to find it.  Or if you die, you go into spectating/observing mode and can watch and see where the remaining players are and what they are doing and do that on your next attempt and can join them in their area.

immortal starshunps3
  • immortal starshunps3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:16 PM

Hello I have a crew and I want people in it , when i play i do missions and etc.. so join if you want to play ! :) The name of my crew is : Immortal StarsHUNPS3

digyerownhole
  • digyerownhole

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:39 AM

Boneyard

As you start, looking at the big barn, to the right there is a container by the fence. Two people each end is enough to complete 10 waves.

Here you are protected from the helos. The person on the right end can take out all the NPCs as they come through the gate, and this position also has good sight of the NPCs coming from the rusted bus. The person on the left has clear sight of the vehicles as they approach.

The position is in good proximity to two vests and health packs.

VitalEcho
  • VitalEcho

Saint

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

Hello I have a crew and I want people in it , when i play i do missions and etc.. so join if you want to play ! :) The name of my crew is : Immortal StarsHUNPS3

There is a sub-forum for these kinds of requests, please keep on topic in this thread.

Mr Walker
  • Mr Walker

No. I don't like you.

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:40 AM

Processed, in the shed furthest away from the starting point, behind the dumpster in there.

If you have a 3 man crew, 2 people on either side of the portable in the same shed, and if they get killed, the guy behind the dumpster can easily finish the rest off.  He won't get many kills unless other players die, but it's a great spot for providing backup.  Teamwork for the win.

In the same shed, there's sandbags near the front LHS which make good cover from the choppers as well.

KingCantona
  • KingCantona

I am not God

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:09 PM

Processed, in the shed furthest away from the starting point, behind the dumpster in there.

Processed is not on my list nor can I find it on map.  All the other Survivals are :/

kalltkaffe
  • kalltkaffe

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:08 PM

I know a good place in Sandy survival, but when i now going for 1 leader pos in sandy i wont tell.. but if you play with me you will see, its not a secret, many stands there... and you dont need backup, im current on 500 position, done wave 10  a several times.. 

Upggrade
  • Upggrade

Queen of Zimbabwe

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:59 PM Edited by Upggrade, 24 October 2013 - 01:59 PM.

I know 2 ways to do Sandy easily.

The first requires a team of 3 or 4. Go to the Chinese restaurant (written in big red letters on the wall), one guy stands on the dumpster. The aiming is a little finicky from there but you'll get the hang of it. Another is in the doorway. Finally, if you have a full team put one guy on the left behind the food stand to block them from coming around the tattoo parlor, those guys will cause problems for the guy in the doorway. The last guy is on the right side by the body armor, blocking enemies from spawning there, because they will really give the guy in the doorway hell. On helicopter waves (4, 7, 10) the two guys on the ends are exposed to the choppers, either they hide in the restaurant or prioritize the choppers and get rid of them fast.

If you're alone then go to the body armor on the right end of the restaurant, behind it is a great spot to hole up in, they can only come from in front of you but guys in trucks can come from the right. Those guys can give you issues but they usually move to a position in front of you before they start shooting, because they're meth addicted idiots.

I know how to do Boneyard but I'm not quite sure how to describe my spot, if I remember to I'll get pictures.

Just as a general tip, guys in trucks have broken accuracy, they will not miss so stay in cover until they get out.

Lewis Chappers
  • Lewis Chappers

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

In Sandy Shores Survival, there is a little 'L' shaped brick wall on two sides at the back of a building. Its the opening to a toilet (which you can't go in, of course), and is a good cover. It doesn't work unless you have two or more players, 'cause you need to cover each side. Credit goes to my crew leader Josh (JTGreat on XBOX Live) who was the one who introduced me to the strategy.

cml41
  • cml41

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:51 AM

Processed can be done by yourself. Its faster, by like 5 minutes, plus only two helis come. Big building has a bunch of dumpsters towards the back wall find the green one on the right. As you kill everyone all the weapon ammo will be right in front of you. Health and armor right outside the door. Sometimes they come in swarms so your just need to pop up and knock them down quick, not necessarily kill them, then start picking them off as they get up. Helicopter can be taken out inside the building at the far left wall. You can still die this way so if they shoot you a couple times make sure to hid for a few seconds until your health comes back.

Another thing is to use your pistol first 2 rounds it will just take one bullet to kill them. Switch to the Uzi type guns in rounds 3-5 and then the heavier assault rifles in rounds 6-10.

VitalEcho
  • VitalEcho

Saint

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:16 PM

I know a good place in Sandy survival, but when i now going for 1 leader pos in sandy i wont tell.. but if you play with me you will see, its not a secret, many stands there... and you dont need backup, im current on 500 position, done wave 10  a several times.. 

You've wasted everyone's time. Don't post on a thread looking for tips if your tip is 'I know something you don't know!' It just makes you look stupid.

kalltkaffe
  • kalltkaffe

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:39 PM

You've wasted everyone's time. Don't post on a thread looking for tips if your tip is 'I know something you don't know!' It just makes you look stupid.

Yeah sure, i dont care. :3

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:57 AM

So don't post.

riksterinto
  • riksterinto

Trick

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:10 AM

Anyone have tips for Sawmill or Industrial Plant??  I've reached wave 10 on all the others but have not found any good spots or strategies for these 2.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:16 AM

On Industrial Plant there are two body armor locations. I usually go to the one on the ground floor and there is a kind of container you can hide in. Sometimes having the entire team there helps a lot. However its not so good against helicopters.

VitalEcho
  • VitalEcho

Saint

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:47 AM

Bump for more tips and strategies!

Shmiqq
  • Shmiqq

hello!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

Good advice there, I always use that Boneyard one.

I'm not sure which building you meant for Sandy Shores but there's that red one with two garage spots by an alley, and it's easy to block off and camp there. Maybe that's the one you meant.

Str1p3s
  • Str1p3s

Pixel Fanatic

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:43 PM Edited by Str1p3s, 31 October 2013 - 07:43 PM.

Most of them are pretty easy to do by yourself with the right spot. Sandy has one inside a little cubby where you can get behind a dumpster and pretty much never die, Processed has one inside the back dumpster in the big building, Industrial has one in an empty dumpster in the very back by the crates, and Boneyard has one inside the bus by the fence gates.

Just take cover in those spots and you're good to go, especially if you blind fire with an Assault Shotgun. That thing is freaking OP.

JasonZN
  • JasonZN

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:33 PM Edited by JasonZN, 31 October 2013 - 08:48 PM.

http://gaming.stacke...eft-auto-online

This should help, it helped me

Oh and also thanks for the tips.

I obviously didn't think of that myself full credit to those guys.

jcph3
  • jcph3

JCPH3

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:35 PM

Just as a general tip, guys in trucks have broken accuracy, they will not miss so stay in cover until they get out.

I've noticed that too, in Boneyard if Im behind the trailer by the road I've just starting moving to the center until they pass. They hit you everytime!

Anyone have tips for Sawmill or Industrial Plant??  I've reached wave 10 on all the others but have not found any good spots or strategies for these 2.

The best spot at the sawmill is in the chute that runs along the left side. From the back end you can shoot everything coming behind the mill on the right and cover the driveway on the left. If you move forward there's an overhang protection from the choppers. 

Have a guy low in front and another low on right and sawmill goes quick.

h1r0ll3r
  • h1r0ll3r

Calm and cool with just a hint of psychotic tendencies

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:36 PM

Anyone have any tips for Del Pierro Survival? I've done all the others solo but this one is proving tougher than the others. It's almost like whack-a-mole with this survival. Enemy seems to pop up from everywhere making it hard to find a sweet spot on that map. 

jcph3
  • jcph3

JCPH3

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:40 PM

All of the survival missions can be accomplished pretty quick as long as everyone works together, once the fight for RP breaks out chances for success drop.  I take the least desirable spot every time and hold it down, I may end up with 600 less RP's, big deal, thats one parachute jump!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users