Photo

Same 2-3 cars spawning bug

257 replies to this topic
Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:22 AM Edited by TensaZangetsu, 28 April 2014 - 01:24 AM.

Since I started my second play through I haven't noticed this yet. I am curious though, how many people are on 360 with this happening. And what version of the console do you have? That is always something to consider.

I have a white Xbox 360 Arcade with Jasper chipset from October of 2009 with a 20GB HDD and a 16GB usb that I use to install the game. Btw, what does the model of the system have to do with anything? All models should play the game the same. I have read an article somewhere on the internet about older Xbox 360s having problems with the game. Don't know if that has anything to do with it.

SonLantos88
  • SonLantos88

Crackhead

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:17 PM

I cant believe that there are people not having this problem or are they just not aware of it?

I dont get it..

This bug occurs for me even without all patches on my ps3 80gb.

Im so fed up with this bullsht!

buginafug
  • buginafug

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:07 PM

I just went down to Del Perro Beach and saw nothing but jeeps:

0_0.jpg

BTW, this is online on the PS3 with patch 1.12 .

CorvetteStingray
  • CorvetteStingray

All the hype is back.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:27 PM

Start of the game, I see a nice variety of cars. Comets, Felon GTs and other luxury cars in Vinewood, Injections and beater Emperors in Paleto Bay, and the list goes on and on.

Halfway through the game, I see only 2-3 cars spawning. Once my game spawned Habaneros, Gresleys, and Bisons. Then on my next session, I only see Grangers, Injections and Peyotes. And here's one thing that intrigued me: when I once loaded the game, from Rockford Hills all the way to Paleto Bay, I only see Rocotos, Super Diamonds and Penumbras (and a REALLY rare encounter, I saw a f*cking Entity XF driving down the Del Perro Freeway :D ).

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:35 PM

An entity?
I emailed Rockstar about it, and they basically said, clear your cache, delete all game data, except save files. And reinstall all of it again. I wasn't expecting much.
But it did increase the overall amount of traffic, and instead of 2-3 cars spawning it's more like 3-4.
Not bad :), I would recommend trying it. Still not completely satisfied, but did fix another issue I was having.

Also, the version of the console does count as the older ones, have older parts etc. I've got one of the first gen 360's as well. It's parts aren't as efficient, technically it should all be the same, regardless of version. But it doesn't work in out in practical terms.

ric4rd094
  • ric4rd094

Remember who you are... :)

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:46 AM

I like V a lot and I just wanted to make another playthrough of it, but until they solve this bug with cars I'll wait..
This is really gamebreaking for me.

StMarksCaporegim
  • StMarksCaporegim

Player Hater

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 12 May 2014 - 02:39 PM Edited by StMarksCaporegim, 12 May 2014 - 02:40 PM.

Same problem with my game :( Based on my observation, the games has been suffering from this glitch (roughly) since the main story was completed. No traffic spawn bugs during the main story line - various vehicles spawned throughout LS and Blane County, each type of car corresponed to the area in which it appeared. Now, no matter what I'm driving there (or where) there are only about five different cars on the roads. Maybe, it's even worse on Blane County roads (Mesas and Grangers everywhere). This really sucks!!!!!! Needs to be fixed immediately!!!! I'm on my way to 100% completion but this really stops me from playing GTA V anymore!!!!! FIX FIX FIX!!!!

StMarksCaporegim on Rockstar Social Club
mister_tp on PSN

Share your experiences, messages are welcomed!!!!!

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:24 PM

And they still didn't fix it. f*ck this sh*t. This game is about to be sold. I have had it with this f*cking sh*t.

• ric4rd094 likes this

buginafug
  • buginafug

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:21 PM

Why didn't they patch it? Does R* dislike car variety or something?

SonLantos88
  • SonLantos88

Crackhead

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:57 PM

Yep, still not fixed.. Cant believe this sht! I am a patient person but now I only have hate for them fools at rockstar. They dont reply to my report-tickets they dont reply to my posts.

I would like to give up on this but I cant. I want them to tell us what went wrong and what they are going to do about it.

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:38 PM

My copy seemed to have a but a rejuvenation after this patch, it's still not perfect, but the variety has definitely increased since 1.13

KBG
  • KBG

8-bit.

• Members
  • India

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:29 AM

This is the ultimate glitch in GTA IV's South Bohan. :D
  • theGTAking101 likes this

SonLantos88
  • SonLantos88

Crackhead

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:30 PM

I understand they have to focus on MP because it is so broken, but only one SP fix again isnt acceptable!

Keep sending support tickets to R* till they adress this issue!

ric4rd094
  • ric4rd094

Remember who you are... :)

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:35 PM Edited by ric4rd094, 16 May 2014 - 05:36 PM.

1.13 ...

i50dQm6.jpg

I think I give up..
Until they fix this I'm not going to play this game anymore..

SonLantos88
  • SonLantos88

Crackhead

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:18 AM

What if it has something to do with the firmware update from Sony that came in december? No way or maybe possible? And are we able to download just one part of the Gta5 patch, cancel the others and install? Someone said it works but I dont think so..

CorvetteStingray
  • CorvetteStingray

All the hype is back.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:29 AM

Glitch is still there after 1.13. Tried a variety of things - got a Rebel from Trevor's garage, drove it around, and same 2-3 cars spawning. Sometimes 3-4.

I feel really WTF when I only saw Comets, Felon GTs, Sentinel XSs and Sabre Turbos all around Sandy Shores, Grapeseed, and Paleto Bay.

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:44 PM Edited by TensaZangetsu, 27 May 2014 - 08:45 PM.

This problem has been going on since release for some people. It just started happening to me back in February or March. I remember having a sh*t ton of variety of cars, now it's just mostly Jeeps. I am so 400% done with this sh*t until it gets fixed, if it ever does get fixed that is. Now this isn't my video, but this is basically what I have been experiencing for a long time now, it isn't just Jeeps though, but you get my point.

• theGTAking101 and Awesom-0 like this

buginafug
  • buginafug

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:15 PM

Wow, even my PS3 version isn't that bad. On my 360 copy, the car variety is totally normal. Sometimes the SUV's will increase, but driving around Rockford Hills or the pier helps it out for me. I wish this didn't happen, because GTA V is a great game. I was impressed on day one.

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:02 PM Edited by TensaZangetsu, 27 May 2014 - 11:02 PM.

This is really pissing me off, it's like I'm the only one that has it that bad, maybe my 360 is close to it's deathbed or something, don't know but this sucks total ass.

buginafug
  • buginafug

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:32 AM

Maybe having just one or two types of cars everywhere is actually supposed to prevent players, mentally ill or not, from becoming obsessed or addicted to the game. If that's the case then I understand. Otherwise, we still need an official word as to what causes this problem.

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:01 PM

My game randomly selects 3 cars, and only spawns them around the entire map, apart from trucks and taxis.

Sometimes I get really weird choices like:

Bullet
Banshee
Lampadi

Even in blain county it was ridiculous

SonLantos88
  • SonLantos88

Crackhead

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:50 AM Edited by SonLantos88, 29 May 2014 - 07:54 AM.

I recently cleaned my lense and it helped a little bit. It got a little bit better.

(Not sure if this really helped or the 1.13 patch changed this bugs appearance again for me.)

And why is this issue so different for everyone? Some only have jeeps and others get other vehicles. I dont get it..

LeonVegaSuarez
  • LeonVegaSuarez

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:31 AM

I sometimes get a ton of jeeps and SUV's in Los Santos, especially when driving Trevor's Bodhi jeep.

Then when I switch to Michael or Franklin driving their cars after a while it gets back to normal, lots of different cars. Sports cars in the richer parts, gang cars near Grove Street ect.

Ive never had a crazy amount of sports cars in Paleto Bay or the desert. Occasionally a Carbonizzare or Bullet on the highway but never in Sandy Shores or Paleto Bay area.

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 May 2014 - 01:25 PM

The strange thing is, that when I play on my brothers account on the same xbox, there's a higher variety of cars. Which shows it isn't the xbox/ps3 running out of memory or something

LeonVegaSuarez
  • LeonVegaSuarez

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:03 PM

The strange thing is, that when I play on my brothers account on the same xbox, there's a higher variety of cars. Which shows it isn't the xbox/ps3 running out of memory or something

Have you ever tried clearing your cache?

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 May 2014 - 03:15 AM

I know I've cleared the cache several times and still no fix. I beginning to think it may only affect older Xbox 360s from 2009 and before. I've had mine for almost 5 years. It works good on all games but GTA V seems to act up with the vehicles not sorting itself out. If anyone with newer 360s (2010 and after, slim models not white ones, I have a white arcade from 2009) having the same problem then I don't know what it could be that's causing it, I've tried every possible solution there is. Clearing cache, reloading save, switching characters repeatedly, driving across the whole map, saving at each of the protags safehouses and then reloading, retrieving cars from depot and blowing them up, removing cars from garage. None of this works at all, I don't know what to do as I've tried everything, even tried unplugging my ethernet and still nothing. If anyone on these forums know a fix to this issue, please tell us right away, I BEG YOU! I want to play this game so bad but this bug is preventing me from enjoying the full experience.

Above
  • Above

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:58 PM Edited by Above, 30 May 2014 - 12:59 PM.

I think variety is fine with like 5-6 different cars in traffic. What's more annoying is that the game won't randomize traffic unless I restart the game. It's basically unplayable and I'm still waiting for a fix. Until then I won't even consider playing through this game. I've never felt so ripped off by a Rockstar product. Why do all patches address multiplayer? Do they really think that we're all into GTA Online and have left GTAV behind? Even their customer support is ridiculous and unprofessional.
  • theGTAking101 likes this

Mr.Man
  • Mr.Man

Badking

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 May 2014 - 01:52 PM

It is out of memory

SonLantos88
  • SonLantos88

Crackhead

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:23 PM

It is out of memory

If u're trying to say that the patches strain the consoles memory then thats just not true, it happens even without patch. Its a damned bug, an issue! If it is a memory problem they couldn't, wouldn't  have released it. I don't think so but if they knew it and now just ignore it shame on them!! Many companys release games with big issues I know but for some reason I don't think Rockstar would. On the other hand they don't even address this bug, I don't know what to think anymore.. :whuh:

Twilight Sky
  • Twilight Sky

Driftin' at the apex, sliding into 1rst.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:33 PM Edited by Twilight Sky, 04 June 2014 - 05:07 PM.

I got this bug. But it only happened when I had to get in a jeep. Go figure..

Come to think of it, this all started when I replayed a mission.

And this bug is persistent  across all saves.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users