Photo

Same 2-3 cars spawning bug

252 replies to this topic
Baron Bacon
  • Baron Bacon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:35 PM

Yes - I realize this has been discussed before but since this bug seems to be dependent on story progress I find it fair to bring it up again.

Basically this bug means that only 2-3 different cars spawn all over the map. Most ppl have jeeps, suvs and some third slow vehicle.. And its not normal gta behaviour or area dependent car spawning. Its nothing but suvs and jeeps from mt chiliad to ls international airport.. Gamebreaking bug!!!

If you too are having the same problem - and looking at different forums there must be quite a few of you out there - please follow this link to rockstars support and vote the bug report up.

http://support.rocks...t-cars-spawning
  • Lelouch vi Britannia, RolfStarGames, QuietJosh and 2 others like this

illuminaughty
  • illuminaughty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:43 PM

Done. Thanks for the post. This is not only annoying, but quickly kills immersion when you see half a dozen of the same car stopped together at a stoplight like there's a Saturn owner's convention.

myname2917
  • myname2917

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:05 AM Edited by myname2917, 20 October 2013 - 02:31 AM.

I noticed this came and went. It was fine until having to plan for the final heist where it kept spawning the Mini Cooper variant and a suv and some 2 door muscle car. I figured it was a bug and then figured they wanted people to use the SUV as the getaway vehicle. After I put it in place as the getaway vehicle I still noticed way too many of those 3 types of cars and was annoyed.

Once I finished the story the car spawning variety basically went back to normal like how it was before this suv-fest popped up where I had many different models showing up.

I do feel (can't confirm) that at the start of the game there was even more variety than later though.

As for Online, the car spawning right now for me is horrible.

Edit- as I play single player/offline tonight I am seeing lousy variety once again.

Baron Bacon
  • Baron Bacon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:17 AM

I have completed 80% of the game and finished the entire story. And still only three types of cars. Yes, after deleting the game data cache I have five minutes of maybe 6-7 cars but soon Im back to suvs all over. Even starting a new game I have suvs in the very first mission..
Guess I will start all over - delete my save game too - and if this comes back Im seriously done with gta v. A game I have been waiting to play for years... And all of rockstars responses have been standard delete everything restart system kind of bs. Seriously ppl - lets bring this to attention.

Grand Theft SUV 5 sucks!!!

Vulgar_Monkey
  • Vulgar_Monkey

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:03 PM Edited by Vulgar_Monkey, 20 October 2013 - 02:03 PM.

Nah buddy, I already tried deleting all data including saves. By accident, admittedly, but still..... :D

It did definitely help to start with. Not sure I'd dare say it was 100% normal, but much improved. However, this didnt last more than maybe an hour before things went back to being all bugged up.

By all means try it, but dont expect much. Best of luck all the same.

MrMate
  • MrMate

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:13 PM

The car rotations on this game is completley random as hell.

I spent around 50 hours alone just seeing SUVs.

If you get in one car, then cars in that class will spawn, unless you cant find a car in that class. Then your screwed.

Even then... you drive one car and thats all you ever see.

Really frustrating that the good cars and especially the FWD cars which are much more fun to drive cos they drift better... barely ever spawn... and when they do... my f*cking garage makes them dissaperar. and no the patch did not fix this... cos it still happens.

paradiselove
  • paradiselove

Player Hater

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:15 PM

Hopefully some fans will patch it for the PC version, hehe. No, seriously, maybe you have some minor game's bug, that just got "stuck". have you tried play the new game to see if this happens to you too?

Souzooka
  • Souzooka

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:16 PM Edited by Souzooka, 07 February 2014 - 07:16 PM.

Due to console (memory) limitations, GTA games have always done that. Hopefully we will get more realistic vehicle spawning in the PC version.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:16 PM

Really frustrating that the good cars and especially the FWD cars which are much more fun to drive cos they drift better... barely ever spawn... and when they do... my f*cking garage makes them dissaperar. and no the patch did not fix this... cos it still happens.

I still have the glitch as well. :/

Best to save cars at your lockup, instead. At least they don't disappear there. :p

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:38 PM

I spent around 50 hours alone just seeing SUVs.

I switched to Trevor, got the drunken bum down from his rooftop hideaway and all the cars on the streets of LS were from the f*cking 1970s!

It was like being in an episode of Columbo!

• universetwisters likes this

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:39 PM

.........Am I the only one who doesn't get either the garage glitch or this glitch? 

• buginafug, WildBrick142, Luuk' and 4 others like this

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:41 PM

.........Am I the only one who doesn't get either the garage glitch or this glitch? 

Well, you're very lucky. :^:

R* need to fix SP in their next patch. Online has had enough patches, if you ask me.

• Kampret likes this

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:42 PM

Due to console (memory) limitations, GTA games have always done that. 

I think it's deliberate. In GTA SA countryside, if CJ wrecked his car, the only vehicles to drive past were tractors or Waltons!

• jameznash and Udrift like this

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:45 PM

As far as I know, the glitch only occurs when you save 2 vehicles or more in one of the safehouse garages (the only exception is Trevor's strip club). If you only save one vehicle in each garage then nothing happens.

If you save 2 or more, Michael and Trevor's garage will remove the last vehicle you save, while Franklin's will remove anything inside.

StarSteewlolf
  • StarSteewlolf

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:47 PM

Most of the time a reload till fix the spawning problem but I've had those times where all I see are SUVs or jeep driving around. However, when I do need a SUV or jeep, I can't find one!

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:41 PM

One time I quick saved in Grove Street where there were only gang vehicles (Buccaneers, Peyotes, Tornados). The next time I spawned, all the OGs gone green... literally, Cheval Surges, Dilletantes, and in one driveway a Schafter, not sh*tting you.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:08 PM

I didn't notice this until it was brought up, but yeah. I was sitting by the freeway smoking (driving a beat up Emperor) and almost every single vehicle that drove past me for fifteen minutes was a Gallavanter Baller. I was like, "THIS SOME GOOD WEED FRANKLIN!" 

But yeah, it is a bit immersion breaking. It's as though 70% of the cars don't spawn unless you go through steps to make them spawn.

I have a Sabre Turbo and a Patriot at Franklin's safehouse. Two very rare spawns, but if I load my game up as Franklin they're both fairly common on the street for all three characters. Something is Janky for sure.   

• RolfStarGames and LiquidNitrogen like this

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:57 PM

The car rotations on this game is completley random as hell.

If you get in one car, then cars in that class will spawn, unless you cant find a car in that class. Then your screwed.

Even then... you drive one car and thats all you ever see.

I'm confused; You said its completely random, and then you said its not random at all and based on what you drive.

Truth is, its obvious that certain cars spawn when you're driving a car in the same category, but honestly, if you're just playing around and having fun, its much less noticable. If you're looking for a specific car, it'll obviously be much more noticable and frustrating, so just have fun and play. I spend so much time going from one side of the island to the other and doing all types of things that I'm constantly seeing different types of vehicles. 

• Militia likes this

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:28 PM

It doesn't bother me. If I go outside right now, I'd likely see a bunch of cars driving by that look exactly the same. 

suicidehummer
  • suicidehummer

This post will self destruct in 3... 2... 1...

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:39 AM

Wait, did you just say FWD cars are good for drifting?

463px-Epic_Facepalm.png

• jatiger13 likes this

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

The Vice City Mamba

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:59 AM

I have one of the main drives from where the game is copied from. Sometimes all the sports bikes that spawn on the street are Pegassi  401R with their very cool livery. Some say its rare that they spawn on the street. Well here's the catch, I don't own the bike with any character.

Sometimes I really have a good laugh, when the newbies sh*t themselves because they obtained the bike from the missions. I don't really have to go though that.

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:14 AM

It seems that vehicle spawning is also location influenced.

East Coast Freeway LS to Paleto: Mostly SUVs

Paleto area / West Coast Freeway: SUVs and Tourist Cars

Chumash: Coupes

Rockford/ Vinewood : Sports/Super

South Central LS : Lowriders/Gang vehicles

Harmony: SUVs

Sandy Shores: Golf buggys/Wrecks

Grapeseed: Tractors/SUVs

West Alamo Sea: Quads/Bikes

• Detective Phelps and Militia like this

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:24 AM

Rockford/ Vinewood : Sports/Super

I always see voltics and infernuses near Michael's house all the time! The carbonizzare also spawns there.

The highway seems to be the location which has the largest variety of vehicles.

ViceCityStalker
  • ViceCityStalker

Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:20 PM

I think it`s pretty cool especially if your stoned,the world gos all matrixy and sh*t when it happens.

• LiquidNitrogen likes this

Militia
  • Militia

Unique/Proof/EC Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:29 PM Edited by Raavi, 08 February 2014 - 06:11 PM.

This.

I don't get all the fuss is about losing cars.  To date since September on launch day, I never had one single car disappear on me.  I've had duplication glitches in the impound (which overwrited a car I wanted to keep there) but in my gamesave I am not all "save-happy" like a lot of you guys.  Meaning I only save AFTER I checked to make sure all my stuff is there.  I don't just save anytime I want, and I have autosave turned off since the beginning and experience no problems.

Another guy above me said that the safehouse garages don't work and save vehicles properly.  That's bullsh*t, at least in my game.  I have ALL three character's impounds filled with two cars each fully modded, each characters safehouse garage, including Trevor's Strip Club filled with TWO cars in each, plus all the four car garages.  Nothing disappears with my helipad, hanger, or marina dock either.

I think these problems come from using cheats (maybe, just a suggestion, as I don't type any in, and never lose vehicles) or they are coming from Online (again, which I never played or refuse to play) so therefore my Single Player is Glitch Free....

East Coast Freeway LS to Paleto: Mostly SUVs

Paleto area / West Coast Freeway: SUVs and Tourist Cars

Chumash: Coupes

Rockford/ Vinewood : Sports/Super

South Central LS : Lowriders/Gang vehicles

Harmony: SUVs

Sandy Shores: Golf buggys/Wrecks

Grapeseed: Tractors/SUVs

West Alamo Sea: Quads/Bikes

This is also pretty plausible.  I notice different areas of the map where vehicles are more prevalent to spawn.  I don't get what you guys are saying by seeing ONLY SUV's, etc.  That was back on Patch 1.07.  1.08 works flawlessly (as good as it could be).  Yes, I said 1.08 cuz I am still on this Patch, I refuse to update to 1.09 and any later Patch cuz my game save is epic right now and I don't want to f*ck anything up, plus I use a game save editor and have amazing stuff right now.  But yeah, I see tons of vehicles and am happy with the spawning.  The only ones I NEVER and/or RARELY see are the Muscle Cars.  To date, I've seen ONE Dominator since September and it was about 2 weeks ago.  I've NEVER seen a Ruiner, besides for playing the mission The Vice Assassination and I've NEVER seen a Gauntlet either.  If I bought a Gauntlet, though, how much do you wanna bet I'd always see it then?  LOL.  I own every single Super Car in GTA V, every single Sports Car (Minus the Futo, Penumbra and 9F Cabrio), the best looking and fastest Coupes, a motorcycle, four Sports Classics, and one police vehicle (Police Riot) and what do you know?  I ALWAYS see Supers, Sports cars, etc.  What you own surely plays a role in what is spawning in the streets.  I don't own ONE Muscle Car, so that is probably why I am not seeing any but the Buccaneer.  I see the Vigero at times, too, but the main one is that f*cking Buccaneer.  No Dominator, no Ruiner, no nothing.  Even the Muscle Car - Rat Loader is easier to find than a Ruiner, Gauntlet, Dominator, etc.

• buginafug, Gta_V_Fan_101 and ~Tiger~ like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:35 PM

So I went on MP for a few minutes last night, then back to SP. It changed up the car spawns somewhat. Added some of my garage cars like the Exemplar to traffic. 

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:37 PM

I notice different areas of the map where vehicles are more prevalent to spawn.  

This is also true of Commercial Heavy vehicles.

You never get big rigs on the East Coast freeway but lots in Paleto Bay (obviously).

By the way, I wonder where those Cluckin Bell trucks go...? Not far because you only ever see them near the Cluckin Bell factory!

You see Logger Trucks in Paleto Forest (again, obviously) and lots of big trucks on the Freeway in Chumash but none in LS (which makes sense).

In Pacific Bluffs you see lots of buses but not many elsewhere.

• Militia likes this

Terrato137
  • Terrato137

The One

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:01 AM

I've spent damn near a month looking for the convertible sentinel. I took about a week off and was playing FFXIII-2, played again today, bam, like 2905823904803 convertible sentinels.

JayJordan2008
  • JayJordan2008

GTA Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:06 PM

I've been experiencing the SUV'ville bug ever since the final heist and it has really been bugging the hell out of me an has cut the amount of time I play the game down to about 30 mins a clip cause it just pisses me off to no end because believe it or not this just Did Not Happen Before. Before this bug I could easily go to the areas certain cars are known to spawn and find them within 10mins and now this is no longer the case. Last night I cleared my cache 3 times getting rid of the patches, turned off auto save, and purposely drove different cars around I had in my garage all to see if anything changed spawn-wise. It definitely helped some as I found cars I haven't seen in awhile as well as cars I've never seen like the super diamond. But still I'm seeing way more suv's then before this bug in areas they weren't before previously like vinewood and Rockford hills as well as multiples of them at a time which like I said didn't happen before. But still I can't find intruders, sultans, surges, patriots, primos (never seen one), vigeros (again never seen one) I mean it's quite ridiculous. Sorry for ranting but I mean I absolutely loved this game before this bug an this problem is just killing the game for me especially as I'm only at 73% completion and would like to get 100% but I just can't play the game seeing 15 grangers at every intersection.

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:08 PM

I havn't seen some cars since first playing the game September 17th

• Ulysses182 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users