Quantcast

» «
Photo

How do you behave in free roam?

59 replies to this topic

Poll: How do you behave in free roam? (197 member(s) have cast votes)

Title is self-explanatory. How do you behave and interact with other players in GTA Online?

1. Passive mode all the time, avoid other players, mind my own business, change server when attacked (9 votes [4.57%])

Percentage of vote: 4.57%

2. Occasionally in passive mode, ignore other players, only attack or set bounties when attacked (131 votes [66.50%])

Percentage of vote: 66.50%

3. Rarely or never in passive mode, often attacking other players and putting bounties on them (34 votes [17.26%])

Percentage of vote: 17.26%

4. Attack everyone, blow up everything, bounties on everyone, because f*ck you that's why (23 votes [11.68%])

Percentage of vote: 11.68%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Misfit-N7
  • Misfit-N7

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:32 PM

Invite only sessions is how I do free roam.

TiggerThaWigger
  • TiggerThaWigger

Heisenberg

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

I sit on top of buildings with my sniper rifle and shoot any players in sight.  

Lethita
  • Lethita

Something Slayer...

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:37 PM

Everyone automatically assumes you're out to kill them the moment you get close to them, I just give them what they're expecting.

Garrison64
  • Garrison64

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:40 PM

The main reason I go into Passive mode is for missions because when you quit out with other's at the same time it's funny when the first thing they try to do is kill you and they can't. I think that's what I like about passive mode. I was inside an Ammunation the other night and when I walked out the door two guys were outside and opened fire instantly. I was still in Passive from doing missions and I just shot them the finger and stood there and they drove off disappointed. ha ha Love that sh*t. 

• Chaos-Elite likes this

henriquedematos
  • henriquedematos

Proud member of the SA Pfister Owners Club™

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:54 PM

The main reason I go into Passive mode is for missions because when you quit out with other's at the same time it's funny when the first thing they try to do is kill you and they can't. I think that's what I like about passive mode. I was inside an Ammunation the other night and when I walked out the door two guys were outside and opened fire instantly. I was still in Passive from doing missions and I just shot them the finger and stood there and they drove off disappointed. ha ha Love that sh*t. 

Well, they could have simply ran over you with the car  :bored:

Garrison64
  • Garrison64

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:59 PM

Well, they could have simply ran over you with the car  :bored:

I'm not that stupid. Where I was standing a car wouldn't go. So sad for them. 

SprunkJunkie
  • SprunkJunkie

Thug

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:00 PM

Because the game was screwed up today I joined a random session got my bmx out of the garage and rode it all the way to the top of mount chiliad, had a great time and nobody tried to kill me.

Tequim
  • Tequim

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:02 PM

If I get attacked proceed to pull out mini gun and make some rage quits happens

JerridPrime
  • JerridPrime

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:54 PM

Crew only session is how I play

tigo132
  • tigo132

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:58 PM

Kill or be killed. It´s hard enough just to walk by some random fellow without them pulling a gun on you.

Sayid
  • Sayid

East side fruity nigga

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:00 PM

This poll would have you believe that you would be pretty safe in free-roams, and then you get online.

And this poll is a lie.

mfw

TransparentBackground.gif

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:05 PM

"Attack everyone, blow up everything, bounties on everyone, because f*ck you that's why"

This this this! I love annoying people.

RedDevilSativa
  • RedDevilSativa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:07 PM

try to do my own thing and only go after people if they are being dickheads to me or my crew like atacking us while we are doing jobs or shoot us while we are robbing shops.

xterrorist
  • xterrorist

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:36 PM Edited by xterrorist, 19 October 2013 - 11:37 PM.

I never attack anyone and never use passive mode.

If I am attacked I retaliate but if I am in the middle of doing something and don't want to waste my time I will only fight enough to make a clean retreat.

Mindless killing does nothing for me.

I prefer to play as if we all get along but if I get crossed by someone then I am happy to put them down.

I do use other peoples cars but only to get where I am going if it is convenient.

Never destroyed another players car as far as I know.

If I see a player in Free Roam in trouble and I am not busy I help them out.

I like to play the role of a criminal making money/connections and not like a mindless kid playing a game and causing aimless destruction.

When I am online I am my toon.

"Attack everyone, blow up everything, bounties on everyone, because f*ck you that's why"

This this this! I love annoying people.

Guys like you don't worry me.

The world can be a dangerous place after all, so be it.

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:03 AM

I killed a few people the past few days. They approached me, I got paranoid and killed them. :( I've started doing what I dislike others doing to me as a kind of pre-emptive self-defence. When they approach I panic and kill them. I need to work on not doing that as I regret it afterwards.

Broblab
  • Broblab

Homicidal maniac

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:04 AM

the way i play isnt there.

never in passive mode, but i avoid players unless im feeling ballsy.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:04 AM

I killed a few people the past few days. They approached me, I got paranoid and killed them. :( I've started doing what I dislike others doing to me as a kind of pre-emptive self-defence. When they approach I panic and kill them. I need to work on not doing that as I regret it afterwards.

I do it too.

With auto-aim, there's no way to be sure of it.  If someone heads in my direction on foot, they are dead.

If in a vehicle, I leave them alone but make sure to be ready if they try to run me over.

Victor_714
  • Victor_714

Kid Detector

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:10 AM

Attack everyone, blow up everything, bounties on everyone, because f*ck you that's why. Thats what the game is supposed to be, and if I hear that you are a kid the apocalypse will fall all over your ass. 

JoshhT
  • JoshhT

'Bidness Nigguh

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:14 AM

I go about my buisness w/o passive mode, i dont shoot unless someone comes at me with intent to do me harm. If you have a bounty i'll hunt you down and give you 50% of what i earn from it.

I play like this.
It's a shame there's not more of us though :(

D. Bigalow
  • D. Bigalow

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:30 AM

#2 more or less... I sometimes attack other players just because it's fun. But I do not spawn-kill them or do it constantly, it's more like I kill just because it's kind of the point of GTA. I don't think you should be mad if I kill you once... if you retaliate, it's alright. If you don't, well it is your problem. If you kill me after I have killed you, I'll revenge that... if I am not doing so good, I probably go mind my own business & do Jobs.

110% with you word for word

Machinehead2332
  • Machinehead2332

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:55 AM

I'm completely passive towards other players. Most of the time if I pass someone in my car I give a couple honks and if they return it I know we're good. Of course little things like staying off your phone unless in the apartment or bracing for white dots flying toward you help the deaths stay low.

Zodape
  • Zodape

CABINETS

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:56 AM

I'm everyone's bitch.

IH8PITT
  • IH8PITT

Let's Go Mountaineers

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:09 AM

I've never used Passive Mode, and I don't intend to do so. I don't randomly attack other players unless they have a bounty, but I only kill for the cash then leave them be. I will, however, fully defend myself if attacked. If I am repeatedly attacked, I'll continue to defend and send Mercs via Merryweather. Haven't done the Airstrike thing yet, but would like to try it out. If I am shot at by another player(s) while driving, it always ends with the same result: me driving safely away from the burning wreck that used to be their vehicle. Yay sticky bombs.

louietheking
  • louietheking

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:00 AM

if you're not my crew or my friend and you come around me you're dying... simple as that because i cant trust anybody in this game everybody that comes around you wanna kill you or blow up your car and my premium is too expensive 

OneFlaw
  • OneFlaw

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:03 AM

I Picked 

Attack everyone, blow up everything, bounties on everyone, because f*ck you that's why 

I go to Free roam for the pvp and chaos.

hallkjell
  • hallkjell

High roller

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:08 AM

Invite-only session, because I don't play with children.

Jmacz
  • Jmacz

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:13 AM

I attack anyone nearby defensively. I will kill you before you can kill me.

Basically this, if anyone I don't recognize is near me I instantly get ready to kill them. Trust no one.

Nipper
  • Nipper

Beware the 'stache

• Members
  • Bolivia

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:16 AM

Invite-only session, because I don't play with children.

If only parents would read the damn certification, and care about what media their child is consuming, online games in general would be a far more relaxing environment.

Sp4wnicus
  • Sp4wnicus

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:20 AM

Never been in passive mode. Depends on the mood, I generally stick to myself unlesss some bitch roles up on me or my crew. Then its open season until they leave the server. I do bounty hunt though and dont take it personally when im bounty hunted, I rather enjoy the thrill in fact haha.

Detained
  • Detained

Peon

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:22 AM Edited by Detained, 20 October 2013 - 09:29 AM.

I choose to play in Solo online mode for the fact to avoid loosing money and to be shot at and set bounty on ect, which in a sence isnt  fun at all the real freedom online would

be play among other people but as iv seen it cant be done a friend yes but if you join a 16 player session with just anyone trouble awaits out of the apartment.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users