37 replies to this topic
stangone50
  • stangone50

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

****May Contain Minor Spoilers****

I am reposting this to warn others and to save them from the misery which I have encountered .
First of all lots of people know about this by now but many others do not .
There is a Random Event for Simeon .
It is right in the beginning of the game after his missions . This mission will not be available after completing MR Philips . If you do not do this mission before then you will never be able to do all the random events in the game . The screen does not even flash if you get close to it like other random events . you must go back to the dealership after his last mission to start this event .
I was very close to 100% when i realized this and was forced to start a new game which made me quite furious . Now im back at 20% and im getting to the point i dont even wanna play anymore .

Another thing to look out for ..Tanyas towing missions . Many people have not been able to do the last one . It may need to be done BEFORE meeting lester .

One more thing ... If you plan on buying all properties you must save lesters missions for last and use the stock market .

I hope this will be of help to some of the newcomers just starting out .

skyfamster
  • skyfamster

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

No random event only require to 14,you can continue your previous game,
There is a track list related to your progress on social club .if it's required,there is a colored line beside that picture

skyfamster
  • skyfamster

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

If anyone can't activate Tanya's mission call her
  • CuteBlondeCrystal likes this

stangone50
  • stangone50

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:57 PM

I am talking about getting a true 100% no skipped missions .
Calling Tanya is not the solution to this particular mission . It involves her last mission and calling does not work .

jarriix
  • jarriix

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:06 PM

So is this the reason I don't see random events anymore after 100% like picking up hitchhikers as Trevor to take to the Altruist camp? I can never get that to trigger and I only needed to do it once more for him to take out the camp. That is a real bummer.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

Yeah I missed out on this and the Altruist camp thing. Hate it when the game's do stuff like this, we should be able to do these whenever wherever.

IntoGloryRide
  • IntoGloryRide

Warmonger

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:23 PM

I seem to be in a very small minority where the last Tonya mission worked right away. All I did was call her and bam. This happened a few in-game days after I completed the story, so I don't think it has to be done before a specific time.

I did not know that about the Simeon event though, thanks for the tip.

CP27
  • CP27

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:40 PM

Yeah I missed out on this and the Altruist camp thing. Hate it when the game's do stuff like this, we should be able to do these whenever wherever.

You don't need to do this to do the Altruist camp crap. I missed out on this and got 100% and was still able to take hitch hikers up there afterwards...

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:42 PM

So you're creating your own misery? Have fun with that.  

jarriix
  • jarriix

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:45 PM

You don't need to do this to do the Altruist camp crap. I missed out on this and got 100% and was still able to take hitch hikers up there afterwards...

How do you get hitchhikers to appear again. Before I would just steal a taxi and take them there instead of their destination but now it won't even trigger the camp.

Carbonox
  • Carbonox

Too weird to live but much too rare to die

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:46 PM

How do you actually trigger Simeon's encounter? I tried loitering around inside the dealership for a while to no avail. GTA Wiki says armed men would appear if I entered the dealership but that doesn't seem to be entirely accurate...

I also haven't completed any missions after Complications, so I should be more than eligible to get this random event to start.

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:46 PM

update

there not really random events predetermined events is more like it

CP27
  • CP27

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

How do you get hitchhikers to appear again. Before I would just steal a taxi and take them there instead of their destination but now it won't even trigger the camp.

The camp location just appears on the map when I pick up a hitchhiker. Do taxi customers ever work? I always used the random event hitchhikers throughout the map. Like the drunk guy, the drunk couple who have sex on the way their, the crazy chick hitchhiker in the mountains etc.

You might be screwed if you've already taken all of the random encounter hitchhikers to their right destinations. Also, I'm sure you know this but I'll say it anyway, remember you have to be Trevor while driving the hitchhikers.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:26 PM

im working on my real 100% and im 5 random events away from completing that section. too bad i notice the simeon thing 93% too late.

btw, you dont have to be trevol to be able to pick up the hitchhikers, unless you want to take them
to the altruists.

rojovo74
  • rojovo74

Peon

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

Well,,,I haven't gotten to "Mr. Phillips" yet, but I just completed "Friend Request" for Lester, so apparently, I can't do Tonya's last mission, but I should be okay with the Simeon encounter (which gives me a reason to FINALLY switch back to Franklin lol).

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:55 PM

I wasn't playing as Trevor when I encountered the hitchhikers, so I just took them to their destinations. So I missed out on the Altruist camp shoot out.

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:00 PM

Man f*ck this sh*t, I am not starting all over, i'm 70 something percent complete, there is no way i'm starting over for one random encounter, guess i'll be stuck at 99%

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

Livin' It Up At The Hotel California

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:01 PM

Wow, that's pretty stupid.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:09 PM

Man f*ck this sh*t, I am not starting all over, i'm 70 something percent complete, there is no way i'm starting over for one random encounter, guess i'll be stuck at 99%

You'll be fine, you don't have to complete all random events for 100%.

Simon_V
  • Simon_V

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:19 PM

****May Contain Minor Spoilers****

I am reposting this to warn others and to save them from the misery which I have encountered .
First of all lots of people know about this by now but many others do not .
There is a Random Event for Simeon .
It is right in the beginning of the game after his missions . This mission will not be available after completing MR Philips . If you do not do this mission before then you will never be able to do all the random events in the game . The screen does not even flash if you get close to it like other random events . you must go back to the dealership after his last mission to start this event .
I was very close to 100% when i realized this and was forced to start a new game which made me quite furious . Now im back at 20% and im getting to the point i dont even wanna play anymore .

Another thing to look out for ..Tanyas towing missions . Many people have not been able to do the last one . It may need to be done BEFORE meeting lester .

One more thing ... If you plan on buying all properties you must save lesters missions for last and use the stock market .

I hope this will be of help to some of the newcomers just starting out .

#1 - True, you have to do this ''Random Event'' before ''Mr. Philips''.

#2 - Not true, you can do Tonya's missions whenever you want.

#3 - This is just the easiest way to buy all properties.

IntoGloryRide
  • IntoGloryRide

Warmonger

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:27 PM

Well,,,I haven't gotten to "Mr. Phillips" yet, but I just completed "Friend Request" for Lester, so apparently, I can't do Tonya's last mission, but I should be okay with the Simeon encounter (which gives me a reason to FINALLY switch back to Franklin lol).

As I stated earlier I was able to do the last Tonya mission after the story. You don't have to wait for Lester. I guess people just have sh*t luck getting her to answer the phone. It might have to be a certain time of day.

I finally got the mission for Simeon using Michael, so it's not limited to Franklin either.

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:30 PM

im getting to the point i dont even wanna play anymore .

Then take a break. Maybe go do something more useful with your time and come back later.

stangone50
  • stangone50

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:09 PM

The simeon event can be done with michael or franklin . It does not count towards 100%
This is for people who want to aquire a true 100% like myself .
To trigger this mission you must walk through the door in simeons lot .Try on a weekday in the afternoon.
The Tanya problem does not happen to everyone but it has been reported and it happened to me . I meant it should be done before michael and lester to to checkout the heist .. i think his second mission . (this i read somewhere else ).

Buchsti
  • Buchsti

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:41 AM

What do you mean by true 100%? Is there a stat that tracks if you've done all the 57 events?

NikosUncle
  • NikosUncle

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:53 AM

What is the random event?

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:55 AM

Q: What is the random event?

A: Read the first post

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:08 AM

Q: What is the random event?

A: Read the first post

Do you have comprehension problems?? I think he was referring to what you have to do after it triggers. Like, what the event is

NikosUncle
  • NikosUncle

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:11 AM

Yeah i mean like what is the mission about

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

What?
It is there detailed in first post.
Which event are you talking about? The one this topic is discussing about, right?
Sorry, if i misunderstood.

TrustNo1
  • TrustNo1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:27 AM

Spoiler

• CuteBlondeCrystal likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users