Photo

GTA Dollars

41 replies to this topic
BurningBalls
  • BurningBalls

The furthest minion of the Crimson King

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:39 AM

I'd rather race or do missions and if need be glitch to replace cars I've lost than give R* more money for this 'close to ending up in the garbage' game

And to think, Rockstar was one of the only game companies out there that I was willing to throw cash at without any regrets at all, buying multiple copies of their games even when it wasn't necessary.

Now, I just look at GTA Online and I shudder.

Even if the most hated game company (EA) released a game in this state I would be shocked. Several days after release and I still wasn't able to play it. Now I can play it, but I can't save progress, which is just as bad in a game based on progression.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:05 AM

I guess most people will be against buying GTA Dollars for real money?

I wouldn't say most...but rather just the idiots who take the game entirely too seriously. Personally, I don't give a sh*t how much another player has or how they got it...because it doesn't affect my gameplay/experience at all. :)

you're an idiot if you think microtransactions have no impact on gamedesign

SHarm
  • SHarm

Reincarnation of Tommy Vercetti

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:11 AM

Some glitches have taken away £1400 away from rockstar

karmaman1010
  • karmaman1010

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:12 AM Edited by karmaman1010, 24 October 2013 - 08:12 AM.

I wouldn't say most...but rather just the idiots who take the game entirely too seriously. Personally, I don't give a sh*t how much another player has or how they got it...because it doesn't affect my gameplay/experience at all. :)

Game design? We're talking about gameplay. Also, I didn't say microtransactions doesn't affect it, I said GTA$ doesn't affect it...which it doesn't. Someone spending $60 in my session to get a few million in GTA$ won't affect me in the least bit. 

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:24 AM

Game design? We're talking about gameplay. Also, I didn't say microtransactions doesn't affect it, I said GTA$ doesn't affect it...which it doesn't. Someone spending $60 in my session to get a few million in GTA$ won't affect me in the least bit. 

you got me gameplay and gamedesign are completely unrelated :panic:

also GTA$ fits the definition of microtransactions like a glove

try again, idiot

CapnManic
  • CapnManic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:28 AM

20$ = 1.2M  GTA$

10$ = 500K  GTA$

5$   = 200K  GTA$

3$   = 100K  GTA$

For a point of reference: The CargoBob (capable of air-lifting a single vehicle via the cable and hook) (2-6 players I think) is 2million GTA$! So think about that... it would be 40$ to buy a CargoBob with maybe enough left to buy an apartment. Many unique vehicles are around 500k... 10$ for a single plane or vehicle? Does that seem fair?

Remember these are not DLC, they are not post production products. They already exist in the game. You are buying a form of digital unlock.

This pricing system sorta encourages higher leveled players to depend on lower level players for free access to a Cargo Bob/

obsidian_eclipse
  • obsidian_eclipse

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:08 AM

someone said earlier.. GTA online isnt GTA 5.. it will continue to grow and change, the alternative would have been to release GTA 5 and then sell GTA online for £20 or so later on, instead we got a game for free - albeit a very glitchy game. rockstar will need to make money in order to develop and release more content and expand the GTA online universe (yes I know they made a billion dollars)

sgllocal
  • sgllocal

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:11 AM

yeh only stupid people will buy the gta$ cards

PheonixRaven
  • PheonixRaven

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:42 PM

When I was loading the game up earlier a message came up saying you can buy GTA Dollars for real money.

I'm just curious to the prices and been looking where to buy everywhere but can't see it.

The only thing I found was playstation store in the pause menu when online but it says down for maintenance.

This is for PS3.

Thanks 

teckyy do you have a crew?

PheonixRaven
  • PheonixRaven

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:44 PM

looking for crew members 

Epi
  • Epi

might be a girl in rl

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:45 PM

yeh only stupid people will buy the gta$ cards

you spelled working wrong its w o r k i n g not s t u p i d

but its oke kid, mom might give you one for xmas

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

Even if the most hated game company (EA) released a game in this state I would be shocked. Several days after release and I still wasn't able to play it. Now I can play it, but I can't save progress, which is just as bad in a game based on progression.

Yeah it's not like SimCity was still getting major bug fixes 6 months after release, or was almost completely unplayable for the first week and not stable enough to enjoy for almost a month.

I've had no serious issues since day 3, and my game regularly saves when it's supposed to.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users