» «
Photo

GTA Dollars

41 replies to this topic
Teckyy
  • Teckyy

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:57 PM Edited by Teckyy, 19 October 2013 - 03:58 PM.

When I was loading the game up earlier a message came up saying you can buy GTA Dollars for real money.

I'm just curious to the prices and been looking where to buy everywhere but can't see it.

The only thing I found was playstation store in the pause menu when online but it says down for maintenance.

This is for PS3.

Thanks 

WildmouseX
  • WildmouseX

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:00 PM

they had buying the cash cards up the first couple of days, but shut it down because people's monies were disappearing all over the place - then glitchers got super mega rich and will be able to out spend any cash players.... Once they get the servers fully stable and have fixed the economy those cards will go on sale again.

• Teckyy likes this

Teckyy
  • Teckyy

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

they had buying the cash cards up the first couple of days, but shut it down because people's monies were disappearing all over the place - then glitchers got super mega rich and will be able to out spend any cash players.... Once they get the servers fully stable and have fixed the economy those cards will go on sale again.

Thanks for clearing it up for me!

karmaman101
  • karmaman101

Thug

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

Right after GTA:O launched, before they took down the cash cards, they were charging $20 USD for 1.2 million GTA $. I'm guessing they'll become available again sometime next week, once Rockstar fixes the cloud server issues a bit more.

• Teckyy likes this

Teckyy
  • Teckyy

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

I guess most people will be against buying GTA Dollars for real money?

karmaman101
  • karmaman101

Thug

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:06 PM Edited by karmaman101, 19 October 2013 - 04:07 PM.

I wouldn't say most...but rather just the idiots who take the game entirely too seriously. Personally, I don't give a sh*t how much another player has or how they got it...because it doesn't affect my gameplay/experience at all. :)

Shellfish
  • Shellfish

COYI

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

Not here. I am waiting for the cards to come back online. I haven't glitched any money and always hanging around the 50k mark.

Teckyy
  • Teckyy

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:09 PM Edited by Teckyy, 19 October 2013 - 04:11 PM.

I wouldn't say most...but rather just the idiots who take the game entirely too seriously. Personally, I don't give a sh*t how much another player has or how they got it...because it doesn't affect my gameplay/experience at all. :)

Nice answer to be fair.

If what was posted on here is true, $20 for 1.2m GTA$ then I'll be buying some for sure once it's up again. 

I'm currently at $450k, according to my GTA:O account I've earned $900k, didn't realise I spent so much, don't even have an apartment or car, just two motorcycles lol

victor1987
  • victor1987

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

its becouse i dont take the game seriously that i wanna buy it..then i can mess around in free roam without worrying about cash

STEADYSERG
  • STEADYSERG

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

only morons will buy cash cards. 20$ for 1.2mill is a blatant ripoff.  I dont care how rich you are in real life its the principle that asshats charge 20 bucks for a meager mill.

Shellfish
  • Shellfish

COYI

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

Not here. I am waiting for the cards to come back online. I haven't glitched any money and always hanging around the 50k mark.

Teckyy
  • Teckyy

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:17 PM

only morons will buy cash cards. 20$ for 1.2mill is a blatant ripoff.  I dont care how rich you are in real life its the principle that asshats charge 20 bucks for a meager mill.

Cant blame Rockstar for micro transactions. 1.2m in game takes longer to get than $20 for me; although I agree you'd get more self satisfaction if you got the money through playing the game. 

FarVision
  • FarVision

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:21 PM

On the other side of the coin, someone could make really good money IRL and not really care about $20.  1.2mil GTA$ gets a couple fake sports cars and a few days of fun.  $20 is lunch.  Who cares?  Would someone who does OK IRL want to sit at a computer and be Fake Poor for the 12 hours it takes to figure it all out and buy a decent fake car?  

SSjEnforcer
  • SSjEnforcer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:21 PM

Boycott the cash cards until the game is fixed and fair and fun

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:22 PM

Why? I would like to support Rockstar and this game. In return they give me some GTA bucks to spend. It's a fair deal in my opinion. Unless of course you're one of those freeloader types.

Teckyy
  • Teckyy

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:30 PM Edited by Teckyy, 19 October 2013 - 07:31 PM.

Why? I would like to support Rockstar and this game. In return they give me some GTA bucks to spend. It's a fair deal in my opinion. Unless of course you're one of those freeloader types.

Normally either the people who grinded stupid amount of hours to get their bank or the people who can't afford to buy gta dollars are quick to have a go at the people who buy their bank. I'll be buying millions of GTA $s once it's up and running again :D

OptionalZero
  • OptionalZero

Opt_0

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:30 PM Edited by OptionalZero, 23 October 2013 - 11:36 PM.

20$ = 1.2M  GTA$

10$ = 500K  GTA$

5$   = 200K  GTA$

3$   = 100K  GTA$

For a point of reference: The CargoBob (capable of air-lifting a single vehicle via the cable and hook) (2-6 players I think) is 2million GTA$! So think about that... it would be 40$ to buy a CargoBob with maybe enough left to buy an apartment. Many unique vehicles are around 500k... 10$ for a single plane or vehicle? Does that seem fair?

Remember these are not DLC, they are not post production products. They already exist in the game. You are buying a form of digital unlock.

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:32 PM

20$ = 1.2M  GTA$

10$ = 500K  GTA$

5$   = 200K  GTA$

3$   = 100K  GTA$

For a point of reference: The CargoBob (capable of air-lifting a single vehicle via the cable and hook) (2-6 players I think)

is 2million GTA$! So think about that... it would be 40$ to buy a CargoBob with maybe enough left to buy an apartment. Many unique vehicles are around 500k... 10$ for a single plane or vehicle? Does that seem fair?

Pretty sure you mean the titan costs 2M, unless ive become blind and missed the cargobob on warstock..

WildmouseX
  • WildmouseX

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:58 PM Edited by WildmouseX, 24 October 2013 - 12:19 AM.

the micro transactions for Star Trek Online works out to about $25 per premium ship, however it was going free to play and adding lock box's that brought in the income to save that game which allowed them to develop and put out the Romulan expansion.

Rockstar would be wise to learn from that. sell the L.S. lottery tickets from the radio in the cash store - $5 for 10 of them... have some special cars, paint schemes, clothing, tattoos, and other vanity stuff as prizes along with in game cash.....

would work best if they add an e-bay spoof website for players to sell the stuff they get from tickets to each other for GTA $.

remember folks Online isn't 5, micro transactions are going to be what keeps it available and adding new content...Maybe it's just because I grew up in an age where we had to pay $.25 each time we wanted to play a game at the arcade, but i don't mind spending a few dollars on games I enjoy to play.

Video games are like sex for men - one way or the other you gotta pay for it.

GoodGreen
  • GoodGreen

Gustavo "Gus" Fring

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:57 AM

Los Santos Customs put Cash Cards out of Business!

Eradicate
  • Eradicate

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:59 AM

20$ = 1.2M  GTA$

10$ = 500K  GTA$

5$   = 200K  GTA$

3$   = 100K  GTA$

For a point of reference: The CargoBob (capable of air-lifting a single vehicle via the cable and hook) (2-6 players I think) is 2million GTA$! So think about that... it would be 40$ to buy a CargoBob with maybe enough left to buy an apartment. Many unique vehicles are around 500k... 10$ for a single plane or vehicle? Does that seem fair?

Remember these are not DLC, they are not post production products. They already exist in the game. You are buying a form of digital unlock.

It's more like you're buying your way out of ADD. You can always just be patient and earn it. Or cheat of course.

vince91
  • vince91

the pube in your orange juice

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:03 AM Edited by vince91, 24 October 2013 - 04:12 AM.

Video games are like sex for men - one way or the other you gotta pay for it.

thank god for the pirate bay and rape :^:

OptionalZero
  • OptionalZero

Opt_0

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:17 AM

20$ = 1.2M  GTA$

10$ = 500K  GTA$

5$   = 200K  GTA$

3$   = 100K  GTA$

It's more like you're buying your way out of ADD. You can always just be patient and earn it. Or cheat of course.

I'm not saying there are not other ways to earn it. But even if you farm a minimum of 50K a day it's still 40 days straight. And they super lowered the payouts for most missions after 1.4patch. And no buying anything else. My concern isn't the time, it's the unfair prices for very little GTA$.I love RockStar I just don't want them to become another EA or Ubisoft money grubbing bs.

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:23 AM

I was one of the people that bought GTA$ and lost it all due to a glitch. The day I bought it almost everyone on the forums were calling me an idiot saying that I shouldn't spend irl money on a game, saying that I ruined the game for the legit players (who gained their cash while ranking), etc etc.

Then after glitchers came out, I see a ton of posts telling the glitchers that they ruined the game and that if they wanted easy cash they should have just bought GTA$ instead of glitching.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:25 AM

It's very sad that fanboys want to support R* to continue to sell broken games and don't want them to fix problems. Hopefully these guys leave to Battlefield 4 to support EA, which R* is very close to becoming. Maybe then R* will fix GTAO and never create a broken piece of sh*t again.

600noodles
  • 600noodles

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:06 AM

i only has 16,000 dollars :( for like 1 month 

BurningBalls
  • BurningBalls

The furthest minion of the Crimson King

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:16 AM

We supported Rockstar by buying their games, and giving them $1 billion dollars in the first few days of sale.

Not to mention all the other Rockstar games we have bought (Red Dead etc), across multiple platforms (most people would have bought GTA 4 for both the Xbox and PC).

GTA Online though... is an entirely different ball-game. I can't even believe Rockstar would even allow their name to be attached to such an enormous piece of junk.

GTAVMNKYIII
  • GTAVMNKYIII

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:19 AM

If you buy gta cash cards then your a mug. They have made a billion on this game, they have used us all as beta testers for their online game causing 1000s to loose characters, money, cars, levels. They can't provide a stable world where people can't glitch millions (fair play to the glitchers). After all this you are still prepared to pay more of your money for gta$1.2m. My advice play the races and missions sell cars and collect bounties, you'll soon have the cash for your chrome paint job.

philthethrill81
  • philthethrill81

Japan makes hawt women (ai shinozake)

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:26 AM

Dem devs need dem bonuses so u betz be buyin deir shiat

philthethrill81
  • philthethrill81

Japan makes hawt women (ai shinozake)

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:29 AM

I'd rather race or do missions and if need be glitch to replace cars I've lost than give R* more money for this 'close to ending up in the garbage' game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users