• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,589 replies to this topic
greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:36 AM

Okay enough is enough. I got fed up with living in a mob mentality that someone else would do the grunt work here and confirm/validate the claims found here. So here I am, home, with my 120GB Xbox 360 hard drive gutted from my console, hooked up to my PC and being explored using Party Buffalo. I have found the 59MB GTA V update package and have extracted to my PC. I have then opened the file with a HEX editor and am stuck.

5o54.png

I WILL validate this sh*t tonight, but I need to know what the next step is in finding this forum-talk "code" that you guys are talking about. Code doesn't just pop up all pretty as if you have the original editing file, pre compile.

But if someone knowledgeable in this area can tell me what to do next I will GLADLY put this sh*t to bed tonight.

no offense to you, but NG is a respectable modder in the community, if he says the code is legit, then its most likely legit

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:41 AM Edited by cp1dell, 28 October 2013 - 05:42 AM.

Well from what we know NG claims to have opened the patch 1.04 files. With a HEX Editor he extracted them or something. That's all I really know. The file package he's releasing is apparently extracted/decompiled from the patch.

Good luck man, you're the hero we need.

dravenik
  • dravenik

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:58 AM Edited by dravenik, 28 October 2013 - 06:01 AM.

Okay enough is enough. I got fed up with living in a mob mentality that someone else would do the grunt work here and confirm/validate the claims found here. So here I am, home, with my 120GB Xbox 360 hard drive gutted from my console, hooked up to my PC and being explored using Party Buffalo. I have found the 59MB GTA V update package and have extracted to my PC. I have then opened the file with a HEX editor and am stuck.

I WILL validate this sh*t tonight, but I need to know what the next step is in finding this forum-talk "code" that you guys are talking about. Code doesn't just pop up all pretty as if you have the original editing file, pre compile.

But if someone knowledgeable in this area can tell me what to do next I will GLADLY put this sh*t to bed tonight.

First you need to extract the contents from the title update, to do that you can use a program like Horizon or LeFluffie. But I have already done that for both consoles, to download a copy go to this mediafire link here

To further open the .rpf files you need a program called Liberty V, link here. Although NGclan stated that the files he found were in the launcher/executable files, which I believe means they were either in the eboot.bin for the PS3 or the default.xexp for the Xbox 360. 

• Deadly Target likes this

The_Fluffmeister
  • The_Fluffmeister

Professional Equine

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:12 AM

Ooh, the final unveiling.

System32.exe
  • System32.exe

Bad Poster

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:19 AM Edited by System32.exe, 28 October 2013 - 06:19 AM.

Good luck, hopefully you'll find something that can confirm whether this is real or fake.

greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:24 AM

if this is real guys...

how do you guys see Michael relationship with Niko and Rick in contrast with Trevor and Franklin?

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:26 AM

5o54.png

Thank god there's someone here who knows exactly what they're doing, who can confirm/deny these claims. If I knew anything about coding, I would have done it myself (even if it was overly time consuming). Good luck finding/not finding these files so we know whether or not NG is full of sh*t

BOOCAKE4U
  • BOOCAKE4U

The Lurker

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:30 AM

just gonna leave this here...(this is in mikes house)

yankton-tickets.jpg

• Doland J. Trump likes this

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:41 AM Edited by DaRkL3AD3R, 28 October 2013 - 06:49 AM.

First you need to extract the contents from the title update, to do that you can use a program like Horizon or LeFluffie. But I have already done that for both consoles, to download a copy go to this mediafire link here

To further open the .rpf files you need a program called Liberty V, link here. Although NGclan stated that the files he found were in the launcher/executable files, which I believe means they were either in the eboot.bin for the PS3 or the default.xexp for the Xbox 360. 

Thanks for the tips dravenik, definitely getting closer. At least I can now see the game data. Now it's just a matter of finding where he is pulling this code from and nailing down that 100% confirmed/putting the "speculation" to rest.

ty80.png

Is that .xexp file in the update package by chance?

Edit: duh, the .xexp file was right there all along. Time to start digging...

• Duxfever likes this

dravenik
  • dravenik

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:50 AM

Is that .xexp file in the update package by chance?

It's in the title update itself, the "tu00000009_00000000" file. When you extract it with LeFluffie or Horizon you should see it. Although I already included all of the extracted data in the mediafire link I posted earlier.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:59 AM

It's in the title update itself, the "tu00000009_00000000" file. When you extract it with LeFluffie or Horizon you should see it. Although I already included all of the extracted data in the mediafire link I posted earlier.

Yeah I already have the xexp files, I did a full package extract from the update file.

Now I am at the point where I have no idea how to open this file in a manner that it can be converted to readable code. Any programs that will do that? Google searches are showing up pretty much blank on this.

Blastoise1994
  • Blastoise1994

Chief Procrastinator

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:13 AM

Here's to hoping this is legit! If not, I'll only be a little disappointed... Like I pointed out earlier in this thread, inevitably once the PC version is released and people start modding it'll happen eventually anyways. :p

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:25 AM Edited by spamtackey, 28 October 2013 - 07:25 AM.

Yeah I already have the xexp files, I did a full package extract from the update file.

Now I am at the point where I have no idea how to open this file in a manner that it can be converted to readable code. Any programs that will do that? Google searches are showing up pretty much blank on this.

I found http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Vudjy-5lY3g, which has a program that's supposed to let you do stuff with .xex and .xexp but I can't get it to actually do much with the .xexp that dravenik provided.It might not do anything except patch .xex files with .xexp. :(

pFyCt7n.png

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:29 AM

I found http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Vudjy-5lY3g, which has a program that's supposed to let you do stuff with .xex and .xexp but I can't get it to actually do much with the .xexp that dravenik provided.It might not do anything except patch .xex files with .xexp. :(

pFyCt7n.png

Yeah I already saw that, not really what we are looking to do here unfortunately.

I have the concepts down on how to get to the destination, but I'm running into little speed bumps along the way. Basically I am trying to convert the xexp file into an exe file that can be read using IDA with PowerPC language. It's only a matter of gathering the tools and executing.

dravenik
  • dravenik

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:29 AM Edited by dravenik, 28 October 2013 - 07:31 AM.

Yeah that's a bit out of my depth as well. The most console "modding" I've ever done is altering the handling.dat and a few other files for GTA V. It is possible to decrypt the eboot.bin and default.xex but I'm not sure if that allows you to see any files that may be supposedly packed inside. Here's the best I can give you.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:57 AM Edited by The Odyssey, 28 October 2013 - 07:58 AM.

Damn, 46 pages. Crazy to see how this started out as just a few of us trying to break the games boundaries.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:07 AM

Great, I have to pull my hard drive again and hook it back up to my PC. I can't really use the patch file for XeXTool and IDA, I need the patched main default.xex from the main game install. But at least now I know what I'm doing with it. I may end up crashing for the night due to exhaustion but I am confident that if I don't solve this tonight I will have it figured out by tomorrow night.

dravenik
  • dravenik

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:56 AM

Great, I have to pull my hard drive again and hook it back up to my PC. I can't really use the patch file for XeXTool and IDA, I need the patched main default.xex from the main game install. But at least now I know what I'm doing with it. I may end up crashing for the night due to exhaustion but I am confident that if I don't solve this tonight I will have it figured out by tomorrow night.

The base game launcher "default.xex" doesn't get patched/altered. And unless you extract the iso of the game or download an already ripped version you won't be able to get it anyways. Although if you still want it here's a mediafire link

Memphys
  • Memphys

Pew, you'll get shot, amigo!

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:57 AM

All of this seems to be a big bullsh*t. WTF Niko's doing in NY? And when it's happening? After GTA V storyline?

The only reason why Niko left Liberty City could be Ancellotti crime family. Niko kidnapped Gracie and she wanted revange on him (this thread wasn't finished in IV), so Niko and Roman escaped from them to North Yankton. But Gay Tony, Luis and rest of the folks gone after them.

For me is bullsh*t, I give it 10% chances for being real.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• GTA Series Staff
  • Ireland
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

-random findings-

How did you get there with the car? I can get down the street but I have to leave it near the cemetery before glitching through the buildings, causing me to fail since I have to abandon it.

Park the car at main road. Get into the parking lot. When you get to the red wall (as you said) climb on the blue fence (attached to red wall) Take out the gun and point it (to have more control when walking) and walk towards the small building. Then jump down in corner of the fence and building. Go around the back of a warehouse (near red fence) and near the corner of warehouse, take out gun and point it, walk around the corner and walk out through the back of burgershop. Go back to Sadler/Rancher DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ENTER THE ASEA BECAUSE THE MOMENT YOU ENTER IT, THE MISSION WILL FAIL and push it wherever you want.

Seeing as I wrote a block of text, I might take some pics to make it easier to understand.

Worked fine, thanks!

Mission failed, every.freaking.time. I wish somebody would upload a tutorial video.

I'll see what I can do.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

aesthetic

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:15 AM Edited by theNGclan, 28 October 2013 - 11:33 AM.

You guys searching are probably going to want the previous update too... Seeing as how you want the full story.

Also, if you're interested in left behind files for GTA Online, check the GTAO cache.

EDIT: Video showing off data will be made today and released tonight.

• Blastoise1994 likes this

gracz209
  • gracz209

Kurwa

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:16 PM

If u guys dont belive then open files by yourself and then show us what u found

Huffin-Puffin
  • Huffin-Puffin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:24 PM

Not to be the wet blanket, but why do you guys insist on spoiling things like this for yourselves?

As my late father always told me, "It's not about the destination, it's about the journey."

Yeah, but when the journey reveals everything about the destination before you arrive there, does that not then defeat the purpose of travelling to the destination in the first place?

If someone enjoys that journey despite learning everything about the destination, what f*cking business is it of yours?

tommzy2
  • tommzy2

Prankster

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:58 PM

It would be better if the DLC was set in the past (2004) and it revolved around Brad's life, etc. and in the last mission (GTA V Prologue) he dies as he does.

It would just be brad doing missions and the only time you could switch characters is during the heists you do with Michael and Trevor.

and i really hope Roman is a placeholder because he either dies or lives in GTA IV and you can't just do that to the players who killed him off in IV.

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

If u guys dont belive then open files by yourself and then show us what u found

I would, but I only have the Ps3 version and my PC is not able to read Blu-Rays.

Joonas08Joonas
  • Joonas08Joonas

PlayStation 3 player, also citizen of Ludendorff

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:18 PM

The thread increased by 12 pages overnight when I was sleeping...

:panic:

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

aesthetic

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

Be nice, guys. If arguments roll out, both sides will be punished for spamming/trolling.

greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

its sad that people won't admit this is real, when its pretty much confirmed via game code

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:28 PM

I just realised something useless but funny
Lurdernoff = Letting off :lol:

Joe Reddit
  • Joe Reddit

I won't be able to play V this year for sure.

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

Hey NG, I'm getting the files on my computer as well. Can you tell me what software you used?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users