[SPOILERS]The hunt for North Yankton?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,589 replies to this topic
Blastoise1994
  • Blastoise1994

TFW I actually am your scooter brother

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:40 AM Edited by Blastoise1994, 28 October 2013 - 03:41 AM.

In that case there's a simple solution IMO, just structure the OP like this:

Confirmed true
Speculation

Confirmed false

EDIT: Just for the sake of putting it out there, not trying to backseat mod or disrespect the staff or anything, just trying to help come up with a solution that makes everyone happy.

I appreciate the suggestion, but the OP has the content divided into sections by headers,he just needs to go through his facts section and prove them, or put them in a new section called speculation.

Color coding wouldn't just be easier? Regardless, if that's the way it goes, I'm perfectly fine with it. :3

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:41 AM

think you'd need a transfer cable to hook up to your pc (if you're using Xbox that is) to pull all of the files off of the console. I have no idea if you have a transfer cable or not, I don't, but assuming that you don't either, I believe they are very cheap in price now so you may want to pick one of those up to try and see the files for yourself. Only way I know.

I already know how to crack open my old elite 120gb hard drive and connect it to my pc. My only uncertainty is whether or not the files will be encrypted and require special programs to read.

F*ck I wish I was home tonight because I'd just say f*ck it and do this myself right now. End this sharade once and for all. Like I said I want to prove NG correct (or anyone orove him correct) because this all sounds too good to be true.

Outplug
  • Outplug

PSN: Headphenomenon

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:44 AM Edited by Outplug, 28 October 2013 - 03:45 AM.

wouldn't Michael of said something though about Niko when Lester hinted at the "eastern European guy making moves in liberty city" etc

or packie mentioning "Niko"

I think it takes place after V... it only makes sense really

For Michael not bringing up anything with Lester, maybe he didn't think about it being Niko at the time (maybe Niko would never even tell Michael about originally being in Liberty City).

For when Packie mentions Niko, maybe each ending of the NY DLC leaves Michael not wanting to remember Niko (so, ignoring Packie's mention of him). I believe 2 of the 3 endings involve

Spoiler
; I'd assume the third follows the pattern in some way by having something done
Spoiler
that Michael would rather not remember.

Again, just a theory.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:47 AM

Im going to step in and say that NG will need to provide proof for his claims, same goes for universe twisters with his "Facts" list in the OP. 

If there is no proof than either these things need to be removed from the OP, or they need to be categorized as speculation or wishlists.

@Edward: Lol did you edit my reply because thats not what I said

Thank you. Thank you thank you thank you. I was one of the first people to flat out say "how has no one else confirmed this by now?" dozens of pages ago.

Honestly NG, I want this all to be true. But what I don't get is why is it IMPOSSIBLE to say "here's how YOU can pull the real files from your console and chdck the code yourself"?

Really just give us a general idea how to do this so one person can go ahead and do the same work here to validate. That's all I've ever wanted here.

So.... please?

Apparently, NG is going to let "trusted members" (whatever the f*ck that means...) know tomorrow how to check the files.

That's a bit fishy don't you think? I mean, if this were true then simply tell everyone and everyone knows you're telling the truth. Tell a few 'trusted' people and you have people to back up your claims but not a means for verification. I mean, I could ask a friend of mine to join this forum and back up everything I say, that doesn't make what I say true.

To be honest, I don't even know what the f*ck to think at this point. It smells like bullsh*t, but at the same time, apparently NG is respected among the modding community around this forum, so who knows.

Kifflom!
  • Kifflom!

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:48 AM

kifflom!

• 2281 and Blastoise1994 like this

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:52 AM

Or y'know, if this DLC is real - it makes the Revenge ending in IV canon. So Rockstar could go the same route and make ending C canon - which I'm pretty sure it already is, considering that it appears in artwork and trailers.

Or, it takes place after "The Big One" and before Devin approaches Franklin with the choice. Both are very possible.

Though, I'm thinking that this might be fake or Rockstar is messing with people looking at the files. I'm certain that the ending in IV where Roman dies is canon. It also appears in IV's trailers. Also, Packie mentioned multiple times in IV that he could never leave Liberty City because he has to take care of Ma. If Kate is dead, Packie would have to take care of Ma. Packie is in V, which means Katie is probably in LC taking care of Ma. On top of that, I remember (and a few other people mentioned this) that someone from Rockstar said they wanted Roman to make an appearance, but couldn't since his life/death depended on a choice in IV.

So either some of the names in the data are placeholders, Rockstar is screwing with us, or NG is screwing with us. I really hope it's the first one, because this sounds amazing - besides the way it screws with IV's ending.

Kifflom!
  • Kifflom!

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:54 AM

Or y'know, if this DLC is real - it makes the Revenge ending in IV canon. So Rockstar could go the same route and make ending C canon - which I'm pretty sure it already is, considering that it appears in artwork and trailers.

Or, it takes place after "The Big One" and before Devin approaches Franklin with the choice. Both are very possible.

Though, I'm thinking that this might be fake or Rockstar is messing with people looking at the files. I'm certain that the ending in IV where Roman dies is canon. It also appears in IV's trailers. Also, Packie mentioned multiple times in IV that he could never leave Liberty City because he has to take care of Ma. If Kate is dead, Packie would have to take care of Ma. Packie is in V, which means Katie is probably in LC taking care of Ma. On top of that, I remember (and a few other people mentioned this) that someone from Rockstar said they wanted Roman to make an appearance, but couldn't since his life/death depended on a choice in IV.

So either some of the names in the data are placeholders, Rockstar is screwing with us, or NG is screwing with us. I really hope it's the first one, because this sounds amazing - besides the way it screws with IV's ending.

screw u

kifflom

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:56 AM Edited by TensaZangetsu, 28 October 2013 - 03:58 AM.

kifflom!

Kifflom!

EDIT: I think this guy's a troll, Deffpony, if you're reading this can you tell this guy to stop trying to derail the thread? thanks.

• Kifflom! likes this

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:07 AM

To be honest, I don't even know what the f*ck to think at this point. It smells like bullsh*t, but at the same time, apparently NG is respected among the modding community around this forum, so who knows.

The only people who really know would probably be those who can mod GTA V. They might be able to tell if the coding looks right or not, but even then it's not a guarantee. Those who know how to mod GTA games probably have the easiest time writing fake code than anyone. 

<CDataFileMgr_ContentsOfDataFileXml>
	<disabledFiles/>
	<includedXmlFiles/>
	<dataFiles>
		<Item platform="xbox360">
			<filename>platform:/data/cdimages/DLC/North_Yankton.rpf</filename>
			<fileType>RPF_FILE</fileType>
		</Item>

<Item dlc_weapon="NAILBAT">
			<data slot="MEELEE" firetype="MEELEE" damagetype="MELEE" group="MELEE_WOOD" targetrange="100.05"/>
			<damage base="1" offlineplayermod="1.3" onlineplayermod="1.1" pedmod="1.0"/>
			<store slot="025" dlccheck="yes" cost="250" ammo="no" ammocost="0" color="3592x02H39" stock="1"/>
			<pickup regentime="200"/>
			<spawnrate="3953"/>
			<spawnlocations = "22343,35322" />

</Item>

I wrote that up in a minutes based upon the stuff on page 11 and a GTA III weapon file. Now, I know it's fake and you know it's fake and anyone who messes with the weapons in GTA V will know it's fake, but to anyone who doesn't mod... I could be legit. It's taken me longer to write out this post than it did to write the fake code. 

That's why we need to be able to find this code he posts. Unless we can find the code we can't verify the legitimacy of it and a few "Yes" men won't convince me. 

Of course, I'm hoping the whole thing is false because I don't want them to bring Niko and Roman back. I like to think that Niko is lying low running the taxi cab company and helping Mallorie with her child because my ending was the deal ending and always will be.  :pp It's the ending that had the most impact on me.

bobo081093
  • bobo081093

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:10 AM

Ma could have died between 2008 and 2013, Packie then leaving as there was nothing left for him in Liberty City..

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:24 AM

Ma could have died between 2008 and 2013, Packie then leaving as there was nothing left for him in Liberty City..

Packie leaves as early as after the events of TBOGT. He is seen getting on a plane during the credits for TBOGT. Departure Time (TBoGT Finale) takes place the day after IV's finale.

And I knew someone was going to say Ma could have died. Someone always says she could have died. But yeah, she could have, but we don't know. We can only base everything off of the fact that she is still alive by the end of IV. You can't assume she died, and use that as proof.

On top of all that, the Deal ending is depicted in one of IV's trailers.

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:31 AM

Packie leaves as early as after the events of TBOGT. He is seen getting on a plane during the credits for TBOGT. Departure Time (TBoGT Finale) takes place the day after IV's finale.

And I knew someone was going to say Ma could have died. Someone always says she could have died. But yeah, she could have, but we don't know. We can only base everything off of the fact that she is still alive by the end of IV. You can't assume she died, and use that as proof.

Um no. Departure Time takes place DURING Out of Commission. If you look closely as Niko has the gun pointed at Pegorino's head, you can see an explosion in the background, that is the plane that exploded from the grenade that Bulgarin had when you shot him. It all takes place AT THE SAME TIME.

greenrock
  • greenrock

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:36 AM

NG said though that the DLC takes place after V........

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:40 AM Edited by cp1dell, 28 October 2013 - 04:44 AM.

Um no. Departure Time takes place DURING Out of Commission. If you look closely as Niko has the gun pointed at Pegorino's head, you can see an explosion in the background, that is the plane that exploded from the grenade that Bulgarin had when you shot him. It all takes place AT THE SAME TIME.

Ah, okay, same time.

I've seen this mentioned before, could you give me a video or screencap? I just watched a video, and the only thing I could see was some smoke/fire behind Niko - but that is those pipe things in Alderny. I saw a plane above Pegorino, but no explosion or anything.

EDIT: Hell, I just watched a couple more and I'm not seeing any explosion. Just a plane passing through some clouds.

greenrock
  • greenrock

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:42 AM

so is Rick like the Anti-Franklin in a way

Rick is the same age as Franklin..... but Rick seems like he is going to challenge Michael's authority, unlike Franklin who didn't really challenge  Michael

Niko just in the middle between them, like Franklin was to Mike and Trev

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:53 AM

Ah, okay, same time.

I've seen this mentioned before, could you give me a video or screencap? I just watched a video, and the only thing I could see was some smoke/fire behind Niko - but that is those pipe things in Alderny. I saw a plane above Pegorino, but no explosion or anything.

EDIT: Hell, I just watched a couple more and I'm not seeing any explosion. Just a plane passing through some clouds.

Try this one

12:30-12:41

greenrock
  • greenrock

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:54 AM

but seriously guys, if this DLC is true..

how do you guys see Rick contrasted with Franklin, personality wise........

why is Niko dependent on Rick?

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:57 AM

@TZ

I'm sorry man, I'm still not seeing it. Is it possible you're talking about the plane passing through some clouds above the shot of Peg, or that smoke behind Niko?

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:01 AM

@TZ

I'm sorry man, I'm still not seeing it. Is it possible you're talking about the plane passing through some clouds above the shot of Peg, or that smoke behind Niko?

Only way to see it is to take a screencap and then zoom in real good. Many users on this forum have confirmed seeing this, I myself have already seen it. 

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:02 AM

@TZ

Only way to see it is to take a screencap and then zoom in real good. Many users on this forum have confirmed seeing this, I myself have already seen it. 

Which shot is it? What line is being said?

WorldWideFM
  • WorldWideFM

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:02 AM

I've been suspicious from the start but post 884 cries out that this is fake. Sorry, but you don't store the VA (or more appropriately the lack of a VA) in your code. You just don't, I mean what use does it serve? None, that's what. Good code is efficient code. Efficient code doesn't have irrelevant data dotted in like that. 

Then you have the idea that R* are supposedly sending out an update full of DLC data despite the fact that the update is designed primarily to fix V and Online, why would you include that stuff? Oh so there's probably some excuse that certain parts of the code are dependent on others, which is perfectly possible, but these are bug fixes in this patch. They fix garages and nerf briefcases or whatever (I haven't followed what they've actually been doing with these patches, but it's not to add DLC) That isn't dependent on some completely irrelevant DLC. In a well designed programming project, you'd have a rough idea of what code depends on what, this isn't some two man project it's a corporate team project, you have to make the code pretty easy to follow and easy for person A to edit person B's input, you would have a pretty succinct documentation of all of the particular code dependencies on a project this big. You also do what you can to reduce interdependencies between all of your different modules, you wouldn't allow a garage fix to get intertwined with some NY DLC. 

Then there's the fact that no-one can replicate these findings and only a carefully selected number of people are allowed any other information. 

Finally, I'm not the biggest programming buff in the world but GTA V is obviously developed in some kind of object oriented programming language, most likely C++ or a variant of it. Why would any objects like weapons and etc. be stored in what looks like an XML file? 

My stance - this is a publicity stunt for a fan fiction mod project, one which would probably be pretty damn good, but I remain unconvinced that this is legit until someone can show me some hard evidence, I would love to be proved wrong, I really would, and I hope I'm not being too hostile in this post, I mean no hostilities whatsoever, I'm just really interested by all of this and hungry for answers. 

• Pelle likes this

Tilemaxx
  • Tilemaxx

I Run This Town

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:09 AM

Great topic. North Yankton is way too detailed to be just a placeholder location for a couple of missions. An upcoming NY DLC is the safest bet at the moment.

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:10 AM

@TZ

Which shot is it? What line is being said?

somewhere between the time Niko has the gun pointed at Pegorino's head. Just take a bunch of screencaps and then you can look through all of them until you find the actual shot of the plane exploding. And also, I forgot to mention that you don't see a plane, but just the explosion of smoke in the background. You can literally see the smoke from the explosion and then a few seconds later it disappears. 

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:16 AM

Is this it?

TzwC4cN.jpg?1

Bottom right.

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:18 AM

Is this it?

TzwC4cN.jpg?1

Bottom right.

Yep. That is definitely it.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:21 AM Edited by cp1dell, 28 October 2013 - 05:21 AM.

Is this it?

-snip-

Bottom right.

Glad that you said that. Because that's Alderney.

And that fire/smoke, is this:

ySHFn9s.jpg

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:24 AM

Is this it?

-snip-

Bottom right.

Glad that you said that. Because that's Alderney.

And that fire/smoke, is this:

ySHFn9s.jpg

If that's the case, someone needs to edit the GTA wiki and fix that sh*t, it's advertising false information that probably isn't even true. All this time and I thought it was the plane. But nope, it's just smoke from Alderney Industrial. Can't tell though really because of the bad draw distance.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:28 AM

Is this it?

TzwC4cN.jpg?1

Bottom right.

But that object (whatever it is) is above Alderney. Bulgarin's plane blew up above the ocean just south of Broker.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:29 AM Edited by cp1dell, 28 October 2013 - 05:33 AM.

That's exactly what it is. It's the draw/view distance rendering the fire but not the smoke stacks.

Do you have a link to the page on whichever GTA Wiki (there are two for some reason) it's on? I'm looking at both sites for Departure Time and Out of Commission, and I'm not seeing anything mentioned. Perhaps it was already removed?

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:34 AM

Okay enough is enough. I got fed up with living in a mob mentality that someone else would do the grunt work here and confirm/validate the claims found here. So here I am, home, with my 120GB Xbox 360 hard drive gutted from my console, hooked up to my PC and being explored using Party Buffalo. I have found the 59MB GTA V update package and have extracted to my PC. I have then opened the file with a HEX editor and am stuck.

5o54.png

I WILL validate this sh*t tonight, but I need to know what the next step is in finding this forum-talk "code" that you guys are talking about. Code doesn't just pop up all pretty as if you have the original editing file, pre compile.

But if someone knowledgeable in this area can tell me what to do next I will GLADLY put this sh*t to bed tonight.

• Duxfever, Deadly Target, System32.exe and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users