• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,589 replies to this topic
xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:19 PM

I'm guessing North Yankton will become a playable map in GTA Online some time in the future, hopefully.

3Hunt
  • 3Hunt

Evilest nigga this side of the Mississippi.

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

This is real interesting! I've always wanted a GTA in a simple, American, small town and sh*t. But really? What does the map offer with a pop. of 904? Plus I looked at Bismarck's demographics, and mostly Whites rule this place with only about 100 African Americans.... The music in it, will it be diverse? There will only be like, country or some sh*t..

The Dark Passenger
  • The Dark Passenger

Bay Harbor Butcher

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:36 PM

North Yankton is the state, Ludendorff is the actual city.

Startug
  • Startug

No Custom Title Here...

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

North Yankton is the state, Ludendorff is the actual city.

Thank you, but I believe they're already discussed that a couple pages ago, mate.

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:31 PM Edited by pokemon4ever, 20 October 2013 - 07:34 PM.

Great finds WildBrick. Here's the showroom pic of that Mesa

mesa2.jpg

Sergio2007
  • Sergio2007

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

what about south/west/east yankton

Tefzors
  • Tefzors

Reclaimer

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:36 PM

Interesting thread and interesting findings. Now I feel like trying to get a snow car and drive around it in sunny LS and Sandy Shores hehe.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

This is probably the same system as GTA SA's Liberty City. It loads that part just for the mission and makes it inaccessible outside it. The only mission part is that one so other parts of the map don't need to be solid, it's just to give the sense of being a huge place. Anyway if anyone glitches through it, you'll probably find nothing but unsolid map and roads ending nowhere :p

It will still be curious however.

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci
  • Croatia

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:50 PM Edited by GTARandom, 20 October 2013 - 08:00 PM.

Pretty sure North Yankton map is handled by a script. The game simply unloads the regular V map for those 2 missions and loads NY. After missions were made the proccess goes vice versa, unloading NY, loading V regular map again.

You can fly all you want out to sea , but i would say the blip in "Bury the Hatchet" is just the trigger to perform the unload/load operations(after checking that the player has met the certain radius to it's coordinate) i just mentioned. I don't think you can reach it without going through a serious glitch or modding game's files which i cannot see until PC release.

To simplify things for you a bit, this was already done in IV but went into full effect on EFLC, on IV it was the Roman's depot and apartment burning down after missions in Broker where it was whole , which you can see is just switching back and forth, while in EFLC, IV's regular map is still present within but some files from it are unloaded to load the new episodic files.

Might i also add that in San Andreas, LC was part of interior world which the game had even after all missions were complete(because for it to dissappear other interiors would be gone too), so that explains why it was seen even after the "St Marks Bistro" mission.

• Spider-Vice likes this

wiits
  • wiits

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:27 PM

I personally think that NY is gonna be DLC, or atleast the modding can do something with it.

And also i watched a video about GTA 5 - Max Payne 3 vehicles.ide and i saw there were vehicles : boblseigh and skimobile but these vehicles werent used in gta 5  :panic: !! THE VIDEO LINK :http://www.youtube.c...h?v=e8j8aonKTd8

DLC IS VERY POSSIBLE SET IN NY !!  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:

VIPΣR
  • VIPΣR

R.I.P Far Cry franchise

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:28 PM

The next GTA should be set in North Yankton. I'm sry VCfanboys.
  • HoleInTheSky likes this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:34 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 20 October 2013 - 08:39 PM.

Pretty sure North Yankton map is handled by a script. The game simply unloads the regular V map for those 2 missions and loads NY. After missions were made the proccess goes vice versa, unloading NY, loading V regular map again.

You can fly all you want out to sea , but i would say the blip in "Bury the Hatchet" is just the trigger to perform the unload/load operations(after checking that the player has met the certain radius to it's coordinate) i just mentioned. I don't think you can reach it without going through a serious glitch or modding game's files which i cannot see until PC release.

To simplify things for you a bit, this was already done in IV but went into full effect on EFLC, on IV it was the Roman's depot and apartment burning down after missions in Broker where it was whole , which you can see is just switching back and forth, while in EFLC, IV's regular map is still present within but some files from it are unloaded to load the new episodic files.

Might i also add that in San Andreas, LC was part of interior world which the game had even after all missions were complete(because for it to dissappear other interiors would be gone too), so that explains why it was seen even after the "St Marks Bistro" mission.

True, but I doubt that entire LS would unload within one cutscene, definetly not on these consoles. I can skip the cutscene and a second later, I'm in Asea, going towards Ludendorff.

E: It is most likely that it happened though because the entire map is surrounded by mountains.

I personally think that NY is gonna be DLC, or atleast the modding can do something with it.

And also i watched a video about GTA 5 - Max Payne 3 vehicles.ide and i saw there were vehicles : boblseigh and skimobile but these vehicles werent used in gta 5  :panic: !! THE VIDEO LINK :http://www.youtube.c...h?v=e8j8aonKTd8

My speculation is that we might get NY (or something NY related) in December because there are many hints that NY (Prologue) is set during December and still remains like that in August/October when Mike returns.

The next GTA should be set in North Yankton. I'm sry VCfanboys.

I wanted VC for next GTA but North Yankton would be awesome :^:

wiits
  • wiits

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:39 PM

THIS IS SO F#####G INTERESTING STUFF

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:14 PM Edited by SkylineGTRFreak, 20 October 2013 - 09:14 PM.

E: It is most likely that it happened though because the entire map is surrounded by mountains.

I'm not so sure about that. I mean, I never really looked at the mountains, but to me, they didn't seem like actual models but rather like a texture on a skybox, if you know what I mean (similiar to FPS levels, for example)

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

Thanks for all your contributions to the thread, amigos. The sooner we find out about North Yankton, the sooner our fantasies of goobering about in a snowy wonderland in the small town midwest are fulfilled! I just updated the first page with facts and theories, seeing as I just got back from the movies.

Plus I looked at Bismarck's demographics, and mostly Whites rule this place with only about 100 African Americans.... The music in it, will it be diverse? There will only be like, country or some sh*t..

I don't think Ludendorff is based 100% on Bismark. Bismark is a big city, whereas Ludendorff is a small town. The only connections I see are that they were both named after German military/political figures, but seeing as the population of North Dakota has a good deal of people with German roots, it isn't hard to believe that there's gonna be a few towns named after something German-related.

As far as the music goes, you'd be surprised how many underground raves happen in the midwest. I'm not even joking.

ShopToCustomer
  • ShopToCustomer

Ven rápido

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:20 PM

i dunno what the obsession is with north wankton

jonifun92
  • jonifun92

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:24 PM

If somebody could make a "car spawner" or trainer for console someone maby could move the bobsleight and skimobile over to gta v files and spawn it?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:27 PM

I don't know the obsession people have with elevators and EAS alerts on the television, but evidently people love them.

If somebody could make a "car spawner" or trainer for console someone maby could move the bobsleight and skimobile over to gta v files and spawn it?

That might be able to work, assuming Rockstar already has the model, handling, etc. in the files. Then it could be unlocked like how the Tampa could be spawned in TLAD or the Brickade in TBOGT.

jonifun92
  • jonifun92

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:51 PM

I don't know the obsession people have with elevators and EAS alerts on the television, but evidently people love them.

That might be able to work, assuming Rockstar already has the model, handling, etc. in the files. Then it could be unlocked like how the Tampa could be spawned in TLAD or the Brickade in TBOGT.

Yeah I hope so. Hope someone could come help with a trainer/spawner mod... :-P

theGTAking101
  • theGTAking101

Lana Del Rey is love, Lana Del Rey is life

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:56 PM

It's an awesome place!

• universetwisters likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

Yeah I hope so. Hope someone could come help with a trainer/spawner mod... :-P

I think there might be one already. How did Wildbrick get in the Mesa in the picture he posted? Unless it was unlocked and "enterable" from the start.

Wait, I f*cking remember now. In "Bury The Hatchet", all the vehicles are enterable, but if you try to drive around with them, you fail the mission for abandoning Michael's Asea. I was thinking of the Prologue, where the only vehicle you can enter is the getaway Rancher, and not any of the police ranchers, police esperantos, etc.

Speaking of cars, are there any RGSC pictures of the other NY vehicles, like the Police Esperanto or the Rancher? I'd see for myself, but unfortunately I don't have an account.

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:38 PM

End of the city is a fake image of a real life city and the car path is made for cars to do a U-turn at the end. (You can see a car (Emperor) doing a U-turn)
pzbh.jpg

Someone should find what this real life city is.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:51 PM

End of the city is a fake image of a real life city and the car path is made for cars to do a U-turn at the end. (You can see a car (Emperor) doing a U-turn)
pzbh.jpg

I'm with you. So far, it just looks like a generic streetlight thing, so it could be anywhere. It could even be outside the Rockstar studios

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:52 PM

So assuming a NY DLC is set to come, that would obviously mean that they would need to do the story aswell, before the prologue.

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:58 PM

After playing the game, I remembered the Snowplough and the Skimobile from the game files.  I made up my own little theory of how they could have been used in the game.  When Michael chases Trevor to North Yankton, I thought it would have made sense if Trevor tried to escape on the Skimobile and Michael chased him on one as well.  Then the Asian guys would hit Michael with the Snowplough and kidnap him.  It definitely seems plausible and it would have been cool if North Yankton was actually used more than it was, or if it could have been visited again.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:08 PM

After playing the game, I remembered the Snowplough and the Skimobile from the game files.  I made up my own little theory of how they could have been used in the game.  When Michael chases Trevor to North Yankton, I thought it would have made sense if Trevor tried to escape on the Skimobile and Michael chased him on one as well.  Then the Asian guys would hit Michael with the Snowplough and kidnap him.  It definitely seems plausible and it would have been cool if North Yankton was actually used more than it was, or if it could have been visited again.

Sounds like a good theory, I'll add it to the list. It would've given a much better use for North Yankton. Plus, it could extend the map. They'd probably have to think of a way on how Trevor would get away, though.

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:21 PM

pzbh.jpg

I'm with you. So far, it just looks like a generic streetlight thing, so it could be anywhere. It could even be outside the Rockstar studios

Someone could also get closer and make a clearer picture, too.

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:22 PM Edited by pokemon4ever, 20 October 2013 - 11:23 PM.

Yea, I don't see any kind of landmark we could use to identify it. It could be any city.

But anyway looking at those in game pics makes me hope it will be a DLC soon, which would fit with the soon coming winter. They also remind me of a great book I read a few months ago called Hell is Empty, which was set during a winter storm in a small town near some mountains.

StarVisitor
  • StarVisitor

GTA #1 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:26 PM

Damn, Twist! You are fascinated by North Yankton, aren't ya? lol. I am getting intrigued by it as well. Good thread!

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:37 PM

Damn, Twist! You are fascinated by North Yankton, aren't ya? lol. I am getting intrigued by it as well. Good thread!

CpasYBx.gif

glad you like it. Always good to meet a new Yanktonphile!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users