Quantcast

» «
Photo

[SPOILERS]The hunt for North Yankton?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,589 replies to this topic
Trinette
  • Trinette

lean on me. so you wont. stray your neck.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:14 PM Edited by Trinette, 25 October 2013 - 10:21 PM.

I could imagine the score of Yankton having that 'cold' feel to it if you get what I mean. For example:

and perhaps music such as this could fit well into the soundtrack: :ph34r: :ph34r:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBjhAyGqcr0

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:25 PM

I would love this to be in the North Yankton soundtrack, I know it's used a lot on YouTube, but I just think it would fit that particular area, might even use it for the background music in my video.

X-Files Theme:

Now just imagine doing a mission running towards something just as you discover it, or perhaps chasing someone.

• Blastoise1994 likes this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:25 PM

I'm an agent of the IAA and I need to ask you a few questions about this friend of your named Rick. What is your name?

Carlon Hill, sir. What do you need to know about Rick?

I know who he is and everything, but I need to know what he does. Is he a member of the local neo nazis?

He isn't. He hates them ratty bitches. I've ran into them tons of times. They tried to f*cking kill me. All these crazy mothaf*ckas keep trying to kill me just because I'm black.

Conversation between Carlon and an unnamed IAA agent? Possibly the one from IV/V?

EDIT: NVM the IAA agent from IV/V is dead. Dunno which guy this is.

That IAA agent could be the one from IV/V since his death is optional. He either dies by

Spoiler
or can be killed by
Spoiler

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:32 PM

Off the topic of the supposed DLC, turns out someone has managed to glitch in Blue Hell during the opening mission to GTA V. He doesn't say or show exactly how he does it, but if someone else can manage to do this could it somewhat help to find it's in-game location?

• WildBrick142 likes this

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:32 PM

So NG, will you be releasing the hidden DLC files in a .rar file soon? I need 100% proof this is real, because it sounds like a dream come true.

• theNGclan likes this

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

ey b0ss, got skippy?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:32 PM Edited by theNGclan, 25 October 2013 - 10:34 PM.

<Item>
			<Name>DLC_Bruce</Name>
			<HasFacial value="true"/>
			<AttackPlayer value="true"/>
            <HasRagdollConstraints value="true"/>
			<HasInventory value="false"/>
			<HasVfx value="false"/>
			<HasSpeech value="true"/>
			<HasPhone value="false"/>
			<HasHelmet value="false"/>
			<HasShockingEventReponse value="false"/>
			<IsRidable value="false"/>
		</Item>

Bruce attacks any protagonist when not in a cutscene, so this means he HAS to be the antagonist and only appears in cutscenes (until the end of the game, obviously, he has to be in-game there).

Also, I made a new header for the soundtrack speculation, thoughts?

jWXUSxl.png

EDIT: @xXGst0395Xx, soon. Once I find most/all the files in the updates. It'll most likely be out after the update next week. Sit tight. I know it's hard to believe, but you've just gotta have faith!

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:36 PM

I just wondered... Is it somehow possible to activate some of the DLC stuff?

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

ey b0ss, got skippy?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:40 PM

No. Not without models/textures/audio. The game would notice the needed data is missing and skip over it.

Trinette
  • Trinette

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:41 PM

I just wondered... Is it somehow possible to activate some of the DLC stuff?

Like how people managed to get some of the audio files from GTA 5 when it was put on the PS store to DL before release? I bet it'd be very possible once those files start to appear in future updates (if they appear). I'm not computer savvy enough to confirm or deny this but it seems like it could be possible for someone who knows what they're doing. :ph34r: :ph34r:

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

ey b0ss, got skippy?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:47 PM Edited by theNGclan, 25 October 2013 - 10:48 PM.

Universetwisters and I were discussing this thread over skype and we talked about speculating what might happen in the story. I'll still be searching for story bits and I'll try to work a rough draft of what the story may be like. Be sure to post anything you're expecting to see!

EDIT: Here's a new header!

57KbIAf.png

Thegtauser
  • Thegtauser

same as the others

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:03 PM

one time when i was jumping to online from the start of the prologue mission it zoomed out and went to my character like usual but i zoomed over to los santos from the south east from michael to my online guy, this means that north yankton, if it were to be accessible would be to the south-east of los santos

Trinette
  • Trinette

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:03 PM

I'm expecting something along the lines of this:

Michael will take Jimmy to NY to further bond with him minus the distraction of Los Santos. The two will have to bond regardless and Jimmy has no choice because he can't just go a few blocks down and be home. They might reside at a family members place and Jimmy will be stuck doing work for whoever's place they'll be staying at.

Micheal will then probably eventually start crossing the paths of significant people unexpectedly (Rick, Niko, etc) either by chance or because Jimmy somehow does something and catches the attention of the wrong person, puts himself in danger, Michael kills/hurts said threat, and this brings further unwanted attention onto Michael. I could imagine the first part of the story having to do with Michael, Jimmy, and whoever else is associating with them being in tight situations (maybe people working with Bruce) and Michael having to defend them to keep alive.

Somewhere down the line, Niko and Rick will appear because perhaps they have issues with the same group that's giving Michael and co problems and they eventually hear about all the heat that's going on and use a situation to their advantage where the group is putting full focus on Michael and they take them by surprise, kill them all, and go to the aid of Michael. They get to know each other and all are brought together by having like issues. At this point, all three characters being playable becomes possible.

Perhaps Roman and Niko moved there to get away from everything that had happened in Liberty City and they try to move on in NY and forget about it all. Maybe Roman even leaves Mallorie (finds out he's really not fit for the life of marriage and raising a child and goes back to his old ways or simply leaves because he and Niko are both hot targets in Liberty of somebody and he leaves Mallorie and his son behind to avoid having to drag them into the unnecessary conflict).

As for Luis, (gay?)Tony, and everybody else, I'm not so sure what to expect from them. Perhaps they'll be involved mainly in side things like stranger and freaks missions or something like that. :ph34r: :ph34r:

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

ey b0ss, got skippy?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:06 PM

I'm expecting something along the lines of this:

Michael will take Jimmy to NY to further bond with him minus the distraction of Los Santos. The two will have to bond regardless and Jimmy has no choice because he can't just go a few blocks down and be home. They might reside at a family members place and Jimmy will be stuck doing work for whoever's place they'll be staying at.

Micheal will then probably eventually start crossing the paths of significant people unexpectedly (Rick, Niko, etc) either by chance or because Jimmy somehow does something and catches the attention of the wrong person, puts himself in danger, Michael kills/hurts said threat, and this brings further unwanted attention onto Michael. I could imagine the first part of the story having to do with Michael, Jimmy, and whoever else is associating with them being in tight situations (maybe people working with Bruce) and Michael having to defend them to keep alive.

Somewhere down the line, Niko and Rick will appear because perhaps they have issues with the same group that's giving Michael and co problems and they eventually hear about all the heat that's going on and use a situation to their advantage where the group is putting full focus on Michael and they take them by surprise, kill them all, and go to the aid of Michael. They get to know each other and all are brought together by having like issues. At this point, all three characters being playable becomes possible.

Perhaps Roman and Niko moved there to get away from everything that had happened in Liberty City and they try to move on in NY and forget about it all. Maybe Roman even leaves Mallorie (finds out he's really not fit for the life of marriage and raising a child and goes back to his old ways or simply leaves because he and Niko are both hot targets in Liberty of somebody and he leaves Mallorie and his son behind to avoid having to drag them into the unnecessary conflict).

As for Luis, (gay?)Tony, and everybody else, I'm not so sure what to expect from them. Perhaps they'll be involved mainly in side things like stranger and freaks missions or something like that. :ph34r: :ph34r:

I'm expecting Jimmy to befriend Roman, hence Jimmy would bitch to Roman about his problems and Roman (being the idiot he is) would offer to bring Niko into the situation because "he gets sh*t done".

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:14 PM

I'm expecting Jimmy to befriend Roman, hence Jimmy would bitch to Roman about his problems and Roman (being the idiot he is) would offer to bring Niko into the situation because "he gets sh*t done".

I can picture it now.

Roman: Hey Jimmy, let's go bowling!

Jimmy: Alright, let's bounce!

• theNGclan, Target13 and SidSid like this

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:16 PM

I'm too lazy to look but is there any proof of all this?

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

ey b0ss, got skippy?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:18 PM

Yes. Coding has been shown and a .RAR containing all the files is going to be released soon.

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:20 PM Edited by gtamad8, 25 October 2013 - 11:20 PM.

Yes. Coding has been shown and a .RAR containing all the files is going to be released soon.

Sorry but the coding, you could edit before posting and as far as i'm concerned having

Lines of text involving characters talking like this rather than shown in code

isn't proof.

I look forward to the .rar file

• Nyxian likes this

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

ey b0ss, got skippy?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:22 PM

Everyone is. No need to sound rude. We have enough negative nancies around here.  :^:

Nyxian
  • Nyxian

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:40 PM

Everyone is. No need to sound rude. We have enough negative nancies around here.  :^:

I'm curious though, why can't we just have the code now? Aren't you worried people won't believe it's genuine if it starts to look like you've taken time to edit, or even create it?

You could start off by just providing one of the game folders, or better yet the source from which you just downloaded the latest update - that way we can all work on sifting through it together, faster.

Send us the link, and we can all get on this hunt :)

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:43 PM

How about, send a screenshot of the code and another screenshot of the file's properties that can show the date of original creation?

• Nyxian likes this

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:44 PM

I just find it incredible that no one else has pulled the actual files themselves and done the digging to find the same code.
  • Nyxian likes this

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:45 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 25 October 2013 - 11:46 PM.

How about, send a screenshot of the code and another screenshot of the file's properties that can show the date of original creation?

Yeah, that would prove something. I don't want to accuse NG of lying at all, but I need some definite proof this is real.

I just find it incredible that no one else has pulled the actual files themselves and done the digging to find the same code.

Well, not everyone here has the tools to do that.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

ey b0ss, got skippy?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:46 PM Edited by theNGclan, 25 October 2013 - 11:47 PM.

There are a few reasons why I haven't released the .RAR just yet.

1. I'd prefer to release it in one big cluster. Seems more professional for some reason.
  2. I haven't found all the files (I think, I don't know for sure yet).
  3. And I'm afraid that at this moment Rockstar could take action and consider it to be mass leakage, it's own thing to show something than it is to give it away. If a few people are interested, I'll pick a few people and we can search for any more content in private then show off what we find.

Call me neurotic, but in cases like this we have to be careful. If anyone isn't interested in the coding but is interested in hunting, it'd be great if they'd help with the mapping. We're trying to figure out how North Yankton will look entirely, seeing as how the map will be updated. Any more exploring video from Bury The Hatchet would be useful.

EDIT: Screenshots will start showing when people stop accusing me of lying. It's a fair leverage. Be nice to me, I'll be nice to you.

• xXGst0395Xx and WildBrick142 like this

TwinFire
  • TwinFire

Barfs rainbows

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:48 PM

nothing important i guess but here's one video R* fav'd a long time ago about a movie called "to live and die in l.a." (like the final mission's name in gta v) and one of the characters is a criminal called rick/richard chance :)

Nyxian
  • Nyxian

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:50 PM

1. I'd prefer to release it in one big cluster. Seems more professional for some reason.
  3. And I'm afraid that at this moment Rockstar could take action and consider it to be mass leakage, it's own thing to show something than it is to give it away. If a few people are interested, I'll pick a few people and we can search for any more content in private then show off what we find.

Call me neurotic, but in cases like this we have to be careful. If anyone isn't interested in the coding but is interested in hunting, it'd be great if they'd help with the mapping. We're trying to figure out how North Yankton will look entirely, seeing as how the map will be updated. Any more exploring video from Bury The Hatchet would be useful.

EDIT: Screenshots will start showing when people stop accusing me of lying. It's a fair leverage. Be nice to me, I'll be nice to you.

Surely can you accept that all this is a pretty bold claim, even the kindest people in the world are going to be a little dubious. There's that tired old line about 'extraordinary claims requiring extraordinary evidence', you know?

I'm just trying to help you man....

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

ey b0ss, got skippy?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:55 PM Edited by theNGclan, 26 October 2013 - 12:18 AM.

Surely can you accept that all this is a pretty bold claim, even the kindest people in the world are going to be a little dubious. There's that tired old line about 'extraordinary claims requiring extraordinary evidence', you know?

I'm just trying to help you man....

I know you're trying to help, and I appreciate it. I'm just waiting for people to simmer down and be nicer. Being nice gets you things, ya know?

@TwinFire, and people were accusing me of lying about Rick... 

EDIT: Maybe Rick produces fake cash?

EDIT 2: For some reason, I could see this being a credits song

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:25 AM Edited by gtamad8, 26 October 2013 - 12:26 AM.

"Being nice gets you things"

ha

haha

This is gonna be one of those things where now you've been caught out you either

1. Don't ever release the "code" 

or 

2. Release edited code as a .txt file or something

People will stop accusing you of lying when you post screenshots. Not the other way round

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

ey b0ss, got skippy?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:27 AM Edited by theNGclan, 26 October 2013 - 12:27 AM.

"Being nice gets you things"

ha

haha

This is gonna be one of those things where now you've been caught out you either

1. Don't ever release the "code" 

or 

2. Release edited code as a .txt file or something

People will stop accusing you of lying when you post screenshots. Not the other way round

Fine, I'll release 1 XML file. Give me a bit and you'll get what you want.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:28 AM Edited by WildBrick142, 26 October 2013 - 12:49 AM.

:facedesk:

There was once a good topic and soon got derailed....

Windows is looking for solution to fix the problem

Ok, so I've got a few ideas to solve that real or fake argument

Either:

A) Apologize to NG for calling him a liar. When he posts a pic and it turns out to be fake/troll, bash him all you want.

or

B) Try to not accuse him of anything until Page 29 (starting from next page). We get a pic. If it's fake, bash him all you want. If it's legit, apologize to him.

Even when we will get the files later on, it'll be pretty easy to find the original creation/edit date. Ok, downloading files are marked as if the one who downloaded created it so it's not possible to see if it's legit creation/edit.

From this post on, I don't want to hear any more "liar this, troll that". Alright? This is actually a decent thread and it's all being derailed. It's annoying how it all gets ruined.

/backseatmod

On Topic: Is there any code that shows new animals?

• theNGclan likes this

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

ey b0ss, got skippy?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:46 AM Edited by theNGclan, 26 October 2013 - 12:47 AM.

f*ck, hold on, getting a screenie

One moment

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users