Photo

The Official "I'm Dissapointed with GTA 5" Thread V2.0

538 replies to this topic
digital31
  • digital31

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:51 AM

For those who find it hard to understand why anyone could be disappointed with GTA V, let me sum it up for you.  Casual gamers like myself have always operated on this principle:  When all else fails, R* will come through. 

And to us....... they just didn't come through this time. 

• saintsrow, AtomicPunk, PkUnzipper and 1 other like this

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:45 PM Edited by PkUnzipper, 25 October 2013 - 02:18 PM.

For those who find it hard to understand why anyone could be disappointed with GTA V, let me sum it up for you.  Casual gamers like myself have always operated on this principle:  When all else fails, R* will come through. 

And to us....... they just didn't come through this time. 

QFT.

In my case, casual gamers who also happen to be sandbox immersion gamers.

• saintsrow likes this

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:18 PM Edited by PkUnzipper, 25 October 2013 - 02:20 PM.

When I factor in the stimulus with the amount of money I've made playing online missions/activities so far, I'll have enough to buy that $391k - $400k apt.  Which was one of my main objectives for playing online in the first place, since I couldn't do this in SP.  And because of this, I'm probably not going to need to to buy any cash cards. I'll probably end up buying at most one cash card when they finally come out for minor stuff like clothes etc.  But it's unlikely buying these will make a difference on the level of sandbox activities that are still lacking online to date.

R* really lost out on a big opportunity to make real $$$ off me, when I was still sky high in my expectations for the game. Because even after an extremely disappointing SP experience, I had hoped GTAO would make up for all the content they left out of SP.  So I had planned on spending at least $40-$60 real money to get all the necessary stuff. Like a nice safe house, a decent wardrobe, half a dozen really nice cars/boats and especially weapons.  Just so I could focus on the missions and begin enjoying the gaming experience that had been denied me in SP.  The discovery missions and map activities would be unlocked instead of being available up front didn't bother me as much.  I was perfectly content to work my way up earning XP and JP as long as I had a decent safe house to put my char and cars in.

Instead, I got a botched launch, unreliable server system which lost my char's stats and income, and a plague of cheaters/glitchers and griefers.  Especially the griefers who R* has yet to really penalize for all their harrassment of other players like myself who don't give a flying f*ck about PvP outside of missions in FM.  Worst yet, I run the risk of being labeled a bad sport.  Just because I might make the mistake of trying to retaliate against griefers whose mindless WoW/death match game play style constantly ruin my gaming experience in FM (and even on missions).

Now I only do Invite Only or Solo sessions whenever I go online. Which means I'm excluded from playing the higher $$$ reward/XP/JP missions which require at least 1 other person at minimum to play.  So basically, my online experience is going to be a limited one at best, because the best missions, races etc. all require at least 2 ppl minimum.  So my online char won't be able to use all the contacts on his phone, and will never develop to their full capacity or potential. 

Add that to the lack of interactive sandbox activities to do on the map, and playing GTA V in the future will increasingly become a real deal breaker for me. :/

• saintsrow likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:14 PM Edited by StingrayX, 25 October 2013 - 06:16 PM.

Off topic I know but I'm just posting that I am disappointed in some of the GTA 5 fanbase. If you're looking for a game related criticism post, then just skip this post.

It seems a large quantity of this games' fans do not like any sort of feedback that is not positive. If you have even one negative opinion, you'll most likely get one of these responses:

If you don't like the game, sell it or don't play it.

People are never happy.

So many whiners.

Who cares about that anyways?

And so on. Its honestly getting annoying posting an opinion, one that doesn't kiss Rockstar's ass, when you know you'll receive a response from someone whose mind cannot seem to grasp what an "opinion" is.

It is okay to love V to death or disagree with the haters. I am 100% fine with that. But when you all start growing a vendetta against me for even one negative opinion, that crosses the line. I don't hate on the people who despise V nor the ones who completely love it and I do not view your opinion as wrong, but apparently some people just love to state their opinions as facts. Both haters but mostly nonhaters. "Hater" isn't what I actually mean but the people here view every person with a criticism as "haters".

I remember Prominent Fate acting like a complete and utter dick to me just because I had some criticisms towards the game. I mean, what the f*ck. It is a video game and if we're posting on this forum we have to like it 100%? Feels like that doesn't it.

Seriously, I have just lost respect for this game's fanbase ever since release. Some of you guys were cool before the release but after it some of you just turned into biased, opinion hating assholes. This section of the forum itself has turned from fun discussion to mess with illiterate newcomers who talk LiK dIS n literally hate anybody who doesn't like what they like.
  • saintsrow, G.S.T, latigreblue and 1 other like this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:18 PM

Off topic I know but I'm just posting that I am disappointed in some of the GTA 5 fanbase. If you're looking for a game related criticism post, then just skip this post.

It seems a large quantity of this games' fans do not like any sort of feedback that is not positive. If you have even one negative opinion, you'll most likely get one of these responses:

If you don't like the game, sell it or don't play it.

People are never happy.

So many whiners.

Who cares about that anyways?

And so on. Its honestly getting annoying posting an opinion, one that doesn't kiss Rockstar's ass, when you know you'll receive a response from someone whose mind cannot seem to grasp what an "opinion" is.

It is okay to love V to death or disagree with the haters. I am 100% fine with that. But when you all start growing a vendetta against me for even one negative opinion, that crosses the line. I don't hate on the people who despise V nor the ones who completely love it and I do not view your opinion as wrong, but apparently some people just love to state their opinions as facts. Both haters but mostly nonhaters. "Hater" isn't what I actually mean but the people here view every person with a criticism as "haters".

I remember Prominent Fate acting like a complete and utter dick to me just because I had some criticisms towards the game. I mean, what the f*ck. It is a video game and if we're posting on this forum we have to like it 100%? Feels like that doesn't it.

Seriously, I have just lost respect for this game's fanbase ever since release. Some of you guys were cool before the release but after it some of you just turned into biased, opinion hating assholes. This section of the forum itself has turned from fun discussion to mess with illiterate newcomers who talk LiK dIS n literally hate anybody who doesn't like what they like.

At the same time people just post incessantly about how this is the worst game over and act like R defrauded them. It's sad that you can't say positive things about a GTA game on a GTA forum without people calling you a fanboy.

• G.S.T likes this

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:26 PM

Yeah, people on both sides can be ignorant. People who like or dislike the game will question people who say the opposite to their side. GTA V may not have pleased everyone, but we should at least try and respect each other's opinions without being too extreme.

• Scaglietti likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:32 PM

Yeah, people on both sides can be ignorant. People who like or dislike the game will question people who say the opposite to their side. GTA V may not have pleased everyone, but we should at least try and respect each other's opinions without being too extreme.

Agreed. But unfortunately it seems we'll never be able to discuss different opinions politely and some of the ignorant biased people cause to lose it lol.
  • G.S.T likes this

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:28 PM

I love this game to death but It ain't perfect. I got a few complaints.

-The super cops and their shoot to kill personalities.

-speaking of personalities, these cops are way to serious and douchey. They don't say funny things like the cops in past GTAs. I f*cking hate them.

-Also the peds are so forgettable. They have no personalities either and hardly say anything funny.

-No surfing. This is SoCal! How the hell are you gonna create the most realistic wave physics seen in a game and not even let you surf the waves? What a waste! They better unf*ck this with a DLC real soon.

-Hardly any interiors

-sh*t that was in multiplayer but not in sp for some stupid ass reason.

-Get rid of yoga and sh*t. It serves no purpose and a waste of disc space . Shoulda just been a mission-only mini game just for the lulz.

I got more but I don't feel like adding right now.

Other than that I still love this game and play it everyday. But even the greatest game doesn't come without its own gripes.

/bitch complete.
  • saintsrow and bread like this

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:58 PM Edited by Gst0395, 25 October 2013 - 09:00 PM.

-speaking of personalities, these cops are way to serious and douchey. They don't say funny things like the cops in past GTAs. I f*cking hate them.

-Also the peds are so forgettable. They have no personalities either and hardly say anything funny.

-No surfing. This is SoCal! How the hell are you gonna create the most realistic wave physics seen in a game and not even let you surf the waves? What a waste! They better unf*ck this with a DLC real soon.

-Hardly any interiors

-Get rid of yoga and sh*t. It serves no purpose and a waste of disc space . Shoulda just been a mission-only mini game just for the lulz.

Other than that I still love this game and play it everyday. But even the greatest game doesn't come without its own gripes.

/bitch complete.

Your thoughts are pretty much the same as mine. I hate the cops in this game, they're a bunch of over-powered dicks who just make you frustrated. Again, I do love the game but R* should seriously fix some things.

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:52 AM

I am disappointed that there was little player choice. Apart from that gay ending choice. I remember that first time I played through IV and all the choices we got. Which brother to kill? Kill the junkie Niko was searching for or let him live? Like it or not V's story is borderline linear.
  • NinjaWJ likes this

Niobium
  • Niobium

Johnny the Commie

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:48 AM Edited by nobum62, 26 October 2013 - 03:54 AM.

Are neglected, spirit-broken and depressed PC gamers also welcome here?

:p

and people upset about 

Spoiler
? :)

What's the point of making multiple "disappointment" threads? What are you guys going to accomplish other than sulking and complaining.

Also just shut up about Online. It was a huge scale thing and there are always kinks to work out in any big online launch. It's practically fixed now anyways.

we're not trying to accomplish anything. we just like to discuss, that's why we go to forums.

and for online, no it's not practically fixed. yesterday i bought a bait 800 to replace my red and white elgy but the next day my bait 800 disappears and my elgy returns for some reason. i didn't get my money refunded though.

Niobium
  • Niobium

Johnny the Commie

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:50 AM

-Hardly any interiors

/bitch complete.

Your thoughts are pretty much the same as mine. I hate the cops in this game, they're a bunch of over-powered dicks who just make you frustrated. Again, I do love the game but R* should seriously fix some things.

well, i think rockstar made them douchebags on purpose so you don't feel bad when killing them :)

szmty
  • szmty

Hi Ho

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:57 AM

My main complain is that you cannot interact with fast-food vendors any more, nor go to Burger Shot or Cluckin' Bell to replenish your health. In SA and IV restaurants were really useful. You'd know where you could eat a burger and get your health back. Now you have to look around everywhere for a soda machine, or for an accessible convenience store, which are not marked on the map.

My second complain is that you can perform kills with a single hit. I liked that in IV you could just push people, and I really liked that after you had beaten up someone, they'd still be alive and could even stand up and walk away after a while. It was a nice aesthetic feature that added more realism. Now in V, I find somewhat unsettling that people can die from a single hit, while in real life, it'd be rather hard for someone to die that way. In any case, it'd be more real if they were just K-O'd, and I used to think that they were just K-O'd when I performed those attacks, but then the ambulance would come up, and the paramedics would only confirm that the dude I just slapped once had already passed away.

Speaking about paramedics, there's another thing that was removed; the function of  paramedics in-game was to revive people after you had killed them. In IV, they'd try to do it, but they'd never be successful (however, if they helped a guy that was alive but beaten-up, he'd stand up and walk away as usual). Now they don't even attempt to help! The paramedic just kneels, sees the body, checks it out, and leaves. It'd be nice if people who just were beaten up, or were shot only once or twice, could be revived by the paramedics. Or that the paramedics could at least try to revive the guy on the floor as they used to.

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:56 AM

That stupid little leg kick the characters do, wtf is that?

digital31
  • digital31

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:08 AM

To me it seems like the R* team wasn't all on the same page.  Because so many things feel unfinished in the game.  I think there was a disagreement when the game should have been released at the top management level.  I think some wanted to wait to release it on the next gen consoles where they would have more space and processing power to work with, and others wanted to go ahead and push it out now because they had already start working on this generation of systems and didn't want all that work to go to waste.  I think R* focused on trying to make the biggest game world ever made, and at the end found out they bit off a little more than they could chew with the perimeters of this generation of gaming consoles.  I believed they delayed and then at the end just got tired when they couldn't work out the bugs in a lot of features in the game, so they just left them out completely (i.e.  mini games like basketball and pool,  and entering interiors).  Then I also think that they had a bit of an identity conflict.  They forgot who they are...The game actually feels a bit like Saints Row,  over the top cops, sucky AI , huge customization of cars (although this is something I've always wanted).. It was like they were trying to show everyone that they can play Saints Row's game and beat them at it,  instead of just being Rockstar. And then the whole GTA Online thing, they didn't implement it right, but it was their first crack at it and you gotta start somewhere.

I think at the end of the day, we'll all look back on GTA V as a pioneer of a few key game features that will become staples in the GTA series.  I think the multiple character thing is here to stay,  only I think that from now own there will be one main character, and a way you can customize and instruct your own team, kinda like Mass Effect.  I also think the special abilities system will stay in future games also.  

Rockstar has put out a lot of great titles, and have deserved one mulligan.  I think to salvage this they must come correct with GTA 6, and SOON....  get back to the roots of what GTA Fans love,  ATTENTION TO DETAIL.  I believe they had some amateur programmers on this project, and spent too much on marketing instead.

My GTA Ranking List so far:

1.  San Andreas

2.  GTA IV  (after all the expansions)

3.  GTA V

4.  Vice City

5.  GTA III

6.  GTA II

7.  GTA (original)

Haven't played "The Stories" or "Chinatown Wars" yet...  

mahoke
  • mahoke

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:14 AM

As a console player, i feel like a beta tester

Stockton209What
  • Stockton209What

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:38 AM Edited by Vanzant, 26 October 2013 - 11:19 AM.

Crying+Baby+Natural+High+for+Some+Moms.j

Do you regret buying what will likely be Game of the Year 2013?

Do you feel like the botched online rollout was a crime against humanity?

Can you believe they didn't include Cricket?!!?!?!?

Then this topic is for you. If you think all these people are crazy, however, this is not the topic for you

Have at 'er complainees. Use this topic and this topic alone.

Yeah insult us by portraying us as a bunch of crybabies and force us to post in one thread so you can ignore valid complaints because it upsets you and your delusional worship of this game. God forbid a noticeable portion of the fan base isn't happy and want to voice their grievances about it not too far removed from the release of the game.

You're like those Christians who tell schools to stop teaching students science because it interferes with their narrow-minded and childish beliefs.

And for the record! If I feel like posting a criticism of this game I will post it wherever I damn well please, whether that be in or outside of this particular thread. As long as it's relevant and not a blatant troll post then there is NOTHING you can do about it. That's right I've read the rules. I know my rights bub!

• NinjaWJ likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

#DoomFan4EverAfter

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:10 AM Edited by ten-a-penny, 26 October 2013 - 11:15 AM.

Crying+Baby+Natural+High+for+Some+Moms.j

Do you regret buying what will likely be Game of the Year 2013?

Do you feel like the botched online rollout was a crime against humanity?

Can you believe they didn't include Cricket?!!?!?!?

Then this topic is for you. If you think all these people are crazy, however, this is not the topic for you

Have at 'er complainees. Use this topic and this topic alone.

Yeah insult us by portraying us as a bunch of crybabies and force us to post in one thread so you can ignore valid complaints because it upsets you and your delusional worship of this game. God forbid a noticeable portion of the fan base isn't happy and want to voice their grievances about it not too far removed from the release of the game.

You're like those Christians who tell schools to stop teaching students science because it interferes with their narrow-minded and childish beliefs.

And for the record! If I feel like posting a criticism of this game I will post it wherever I damn well please, whether that be in or outside of this particular thread. As long as it's relevant and not a blatant troll post then there is NOTHING you can do about it. That's right I've read the rules. I know my rights bub!

And sir, if you don't like it then well frankly you can help yourself to a big old cup of f*ck you! 

<OFFEND PIC REMOVED IN THIS QUOTE>

that "insane f@ck" is a moderator he can ban you.

plus, what he mean?

he made this topic to stop the insane number of topics that made just for saying that they didn't like the game. by:

If you think all these people are crazy, however, this is not the topic for you

he meant there that if the people who love GTA V (like me) think that who hate the game are crazy, then they should hit the back arrow. and for the last line of his post, he meant that the GTA V haters should use this topic instead of overfilling the V forum with threads that about GTA V-hatred/complaint.

just to your information, these are what the Moderators have:

1. locking threads
  2. deleting posts
  3. deleting topics
  4. pinning topics
  5. banning users

there are THE LEAST of what I know about their abilities. why I set number "5" on Bold? if you keep insulting a moderator, he/she will ban you.

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

おっぱい 23V

• United-States

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

God forbid a noticeable portion of the fan base isn't happy and want to voice their grievances about it not too far removed from the release of the game.

That's fine, but we still don't need the forum clogged with topics about the same complaints. That's why Otter made this a sticky topic.

And for the record! If I feel like posting a criticism of this game I will post it wherever I damn well please

No you won't, you'll keep it here. Trust me.

That's right I've read the rules. I know my rights bub!

You don't have any "rights" here. You are a guest on a free service.

• ten-a-penny likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

#DoomFan4EverAfter

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:17 AM

God forbid a noticeable portion of the fan base isn't happy and want to voice their grievances about it not too far removed from the release of the game.

That's fine, but we still don't need the forum clogged with topics about the same complaints. That's why Otter made this a sticky topic.

And for the record! If I feel like posting a criticism of this game I will post it wherever I damn well please

No you won't, you'll keep it here. Trust me.

That's right I've read the rules. I know my rights bub!

You don't have any "rights" here. You are a guest on a free service.

this :^:

I don't know if its fine to tell Otter (via PM) or not, but I prefer not to. (since they say do not send a moderator a PM unless you have to)

report that guy's post. :^:

Stockton209What
  • Stockton209What

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:18 AM

Mod or not, if you can't see how he's blatantly patronizing those of us who don't like the game then you my friend are blind. Until I see an official "I'm satisfied with GTA 5" thread where all positive posts about the game must be contained there. I stand by my point.

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

おっぱい 23V

• United-States

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

Let's consider it settled. I smashed his cup, it was an accident.

Back on topic from here on out.

• ten-a-penny likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

#DoomFan4EverAfter

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:22 AM

Mod or not, if you can't see how he's blatantly patronizing those of us who don't like the game then you my friend are blind. Until I see an official "I'm satisfied with GTA 5" thread where all positive posts about the game must be contained there. I stand by my point.

do you have a ban wish?

he made this topic so you can complain about it. read right next time.

he made this topic so people will stop making useless topics so you can complain about the game

he said that to all people who love the game like me, if you feel like those people are stupid and/or doesn't have anything to complain, this is not your topic.

that guy will drive me INSANE!

screw with that! I'll warn Otter! better to tell him about what that a@@hole said to him!

Stockton209What
  • Stockton209What

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:28 AM

do you have a ban wish?

he made this topic so you can complain about it. read right next time.

he made this topic so people will stop making useless topics so you can complain about the game

he said that to all people who love the game like me, if you feel like those people are stupid and/or doesn't have anything to complain, this is not your topic.

that guy will drive me INSANE!

screw with that! I'll warn Otter! better to tell him about what that a@@hole said to him!

That's my point dumbass! The fact that complaints against this game are disregarded as useless or spam. This thread minimizes our issues with the game, We're treated like outcasts. If we want to post about the game outside of this thread then it has to be positive? f*ck that. This is some totalitarian sh*t right here homie. 

• NinjaWJ and AlexL like this

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

おっぱい 23V

• United-States

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:31 AM

If you don't like it leave. It is what it is.

I'm done here. The next off topic post is getting a rotten egg.

• ten-a-penny likes this

Distrom
  • Distrom

Sodom

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:34 AM Edited by Distrom, 26 October 2013 - 11:40 AM.

That crying baby is a satire.
It was used when R* delayed GTA V, and I think the mods also used it when GTA IV was delayed.

You've been here for a week, so we can't blame you for not knowing.

If you don't like this kind of humor , then you should just leave the forums.

The only thing that mods are asking for is to keep the complaints here, instead of doing this:

If I feel like posting a criticism of this game I will post it wherever I damn well please

OT: I only have two complaints, such as:
Cops knowing where you are when you killed someone, even when nobody saw you commiting a crime.

MP cars only

That's prety much all that really bothers me.

Stockton209What
  • Stockton209What

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:39 AM

Did I mention the online sucks? 

Stockton209What
  • Stockton209What

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:57 AM Edited by Stockton209What, 26 October 2013 - 11:58 AM.

That's my point dumbass! The fact that complaints against this game are disregarded as useless or spam. This thread minimizes our issues with the game, We're treated like outcasts. If we want to post about the game outside of this thread then it has to be positive? f*ck that. This is some totalitarian sh*t right here homie. 

these threads are everywhere!

have you heard of something called capacity?

complains ISN'T SPAM and/or USELESS! the TOPICS that made every second from GTA V haters ARE spam.

like what all people are say:

love the game? play it. doesn't like it? trade it.

You say these threads are everywhere? They're getting locked the moment a mod catches a whiff of negativity. And if you're blaming this thread on the forums lack of "capacity" to handle numerous complaint threads. Then please explain to me how they have enough "capacity" to handle all the threads and posts in which people are licking Rockstars sweaty taint and praising this game to high heaven. 

Oh and I don't know if you're fully adept at reading but that one guy (not sure if mod) keeps telling us to get back on topic, and this topic just so happens to be a complaint thread. So please, complain about how sh*tty this game is or GTFO

• NinjaWJ likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

#DoomFan4EverAfter

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:04 PM

off-topic: may anyone ban that guy? *pissed*

on-topic: I hate when I switch to Trevor, I find an ARMY of police behind me :sui:

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

おっぱい 23V

• United-States

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:06 PM

You know what pisses me off is why the hell can't you enter Trevors Trailer after the story? It's still labeled a "safe house" on my map but I can't get into it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users