Photo

The Official "I'm Dissapointed with GTA 5" Thread V2.0

538 replies to this topic
jmack3d
  • jmack3d

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:22 AM

Totally worth $60. Heck I'd even say its worth $150 or more. Theres just so much to do, I think people who dislike GTA V simply don't have an imagination.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:34 AM

Totally worth $60. Heck I'd even say its worth $150 or more. Theres just so much to do, I think people who dislike GTA V simply don't have an imagination.

I actually did pay $150 for the collector's edition and I don't regret it one bit. 

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:37 AM

I agree that GTAV is worth $60, especially in comparison to other $60 games.  But in that beautiful, rich world that Rockstar created, so very many great stories could be written, The story we actually got was a disappointment. 

Also, I can excuse lack of interiors and similar processing-heavy realtime functions due to the large number of polygons in the city and the great draw distance.  But it seems like many little simple gameplay functions and triggers could have been added without taxing the processing power any more than the existing game. I expected they would add all these little touches just to balance out the masterpiece, but no. 

StarVisitor
  • StarVisitor

GTA #1 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:42 AM

I love these threads. I honestly laugh a lot reading thru all the posts. :D

Johan
  • Johan

Kaioken!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:45 AM

I actually did pay $150 for the collector's edition and I don't regret it one bit. 

I payed 150$ also, and I regret it.

HornyHabib
  • HornyHabib

Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won’t expect it back.

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:25 AM

i want my 500 000 rockstar!

aidanp
  • aidanp

Beat em bust em thats our custom

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:18 AM

I agree that GTAV is worth $60, especially in comparison to other $60 games.  But in that beautiful, rich world that Rockstar created, so very many great stories could be written, The story we actually got was a disappointment. 

Also, I can excuse lack of interiors and similar processing-heavy realtime functions due to the large number of polygons in the city and the great draw distance.  But it seems like many little simple gameplay functions and triggers could have been added without taxing the processing power any more than the existing game. I expected they would add all these little touches just to balance out the masterpiece, but no. 

How dare you...the nerve ah you to excuse the out right treason  of rockstar to exclude interior versatility. i brand you a terrorist, oust with you

Rhym3z
  • Rhym3z

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

I totally regret buying this game.

I, like many, dusted off their 360 just to get it.

Im mainly a pc gamer and hardly ever touch the 360.

I bought into the hype and just had to get it.

It was one of those games you just couldn't miss out on, or thats what i thought.

The singleplayer is good, however thats not why i bought it.

The multiplayer was supposed to be this open-world sandbox, where you could

go anywhere, do anything, but it really isn't.

One of the craziest and shocking limitations to this game is the fact that 

missions/races etc are instance based.

By that I mean seperate from the 'game world' I.E free-roam.

Everything in this game should take place there and then, within free roam.

This is something that APB:Reloaded has done since 2011, and this was supposed to 

be the next gen, big grand theft auto, yet lacks this simple feature from years past.

This issue probably comes due to it being developed on consoles.

Perhaps is them that is limiting this feature, either way, its pretty shocking.

I'm almost level 40, I have the cars that i want, the weapons and the cheapest apartment,

what is left for me to do? Nothing.

There is no point in having a more expensive apartment.

No point in having expensive weaponry, i can quite as easily kill people with a pistol compared 

to an assault rifle.

I have the cars I want, so nothing else to get there either.

This was supposed to be an open-world sandbox, but has so many limitations its unreal.

90% of the buildings are not enterable.

People call this an MMO, which is really isnt.

Heists will be the same as current missions, you do 10, then you get bored.

This gta series is one of those series that people look forward to the most.

R* have always created some of the best games.

However, they should have gotten someone else to develop the online part of it.

There's so much more that could have been done here.

Another one of those games to forget about.

DoubleOGJohnson
  • DoubleOGJohnson

Playa

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:13 PM Edited by DoubleOGJohnson, 21 October 2013 - 02:21 PM.

$150 for one video game is out of this world, Im surprised that people actually buy those things. You could have gotten 2 games for that price. Kiss my ass with that limited edition sh*t. I cant believe that people let these game developers take advantage of them like this. There needs to be an increase in smart consumerism in the video game industry. This is one of the few industries where consumers don't think like consumers, act like they're friends with the cooperation, and surrounder all their power to the cooperation. Hence the prevalence of fanboys who basically sold their souls to these game developers.

The pimp-prostitute relationship with Rockstar or any other developer needs to stop. This is why it's beautiful to see the GTA fanbase rising up and being opinionated about the flaws of GTA 5. Showing the same spunk the fanbase lost after GTA 4 and that not EVERYBODY in the fanbase has sold their souls yet, even though we may still have a few soulless dick eating zombies like StarVisitor who would like ANY product put out. But then I forget, some of these fanboy guys on this site were born in the 1990's, an era that produced boys instead of men.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:15 PM

$150 for one video game is out of this world, Im surprised that people actually buy those things. You could have gotten 2 games for that price. I cant believe that people let these game developers take advantage of them like this. There needs to be an increase in smart consumerism in the video game industry. This is one of the few industries where consumers surround all their power to the cooperation, hence the prevalence of fanboyism and the prevalence of people basically selling their souls to these game developers. This is why it's beautiful to see the GTA fanbase rising up and being opinionated about GTA 5. Shows that not EVERYBODY has sold their souls yet, even though we may still have a few zombies like StarVisitor.

We are talking about a video game and not fighting some important cause. It's a matter of opinion and not about people rising up against an oppressor.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

$150 for one video game is out of this world, Im surprised that people actually buy those things. You could have gotten 2 games for that price. I cant believe that people let these game developers take advantage of them like this. There needs to be an increase in smart consumerism in the video game industry. This is one of the few industries where consumers surround all their power to the cooperation, hence the prevalence of fanboyism and the prevalence of people basically selling their souls to these game developers. This is why it's beautiful to see the GTA fanbase rising up and being opinionated about GTA 5. Shows that not EVERYBODY has sold their souls yet, even though we may still have a few zombies like StarVisitor.

We are talking about a video game and not fighting some important cause. It's a matter of opinion and not about people rising up against an oppressor.

Lol Double OG's passion for GTA is second to none on here :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:27 PM

Lol Double OG's passion for GTA is second to none on here :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  

I guess so. Maybe he is just joking but it is an insult to people who actually do fight oppression. I read another  post where somebody said he felt raped. If the game is not your cup of tea fine but isn't that taking just a bit too far.

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

Yes I f*cking am. Trading it in.

TheDust
  • TheDust

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

Well boys, we got a real "tough" guy here.

Slowthrill
  • Slowthrill

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:08 PM

GTA 5 ruled them all, officially!

17th
  • 17th

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:15 PM

I'm very sorry to say that but: Grand Theft Auto V is most overhyped game ever.

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

I really only have one complaint, and that is the hangar spawn of the Titan renders it useless, it spawns in the wall. I have filed a report with Rockstar and they seem to be ignoring the issue completely. 

cheetah_7
  • cheetah_7

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

In short like I've said many times. 

GTA V is an excellent game indeed, but it just was not as great as it should have been and for what it was made out to be. 

Another thing that really annoyed me about the game, was that it appears that Rockstar invested way too much time, effort and resources into the online multiplayer at the expense of the single player. I really feel that the SP would have been much better without that over-amibitious, complicated MP mode that is not really a flying success anyway. 

Finally you and I can agree on something.

This is my only significant gripe with V. A game like GTA should always be an SP primary focused game, with MP being an added bonus. That said, I was still more than happy with the SP, and am still having a great time with it (I hardly ever touch MP...), but I would've much rather R* took the resources they used on online, and had instead made like a longer campaign, or smaller second city; something like that.

Nonetheless, GTA V is definitely my GOTY.

completely agree 

kurpow
  • kurpow

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

Been playing it for about a week. Franklin and Michael were some of the best game playing I've ever had, the game was great. Then, I got to Trevor and now I don't "regret" buying it, but I wouldn't if I had to do it all over again. Nothing wrong with the game, I just really suck at FPS/military fly games and am just skipping thru all the missions. Kinda wasted my $60 and wish I had known it was going to turn into this. I would've purchased something different. I'm kind of "stuck" at Trevor also, can't switch back until I complete so many missions with Trevor I read, but then again, Im going to have to come back to him again eventually, so...this GTA will prolly sit on the shelf next to IV as I didn't care for it either.

Graphics are really great, game is really funny, the driving is awesome and the cops aren't that bad til you get to Trevor. I can't even *think* about stealing a car with him or see a cop. I decided to run home cause I got tired of him being busted after $50k in losses on hospital bills and run him home to his truck. A block away from his house, cop fires up his lights and at the speed of sound runs me down in the street and back at the hospital for another try....I just don't find that fun myself unless Im the one doing the coding and watching others go thru it, then its a blast 8D

Anyways, I felt it was just an intro to an FPS with some real life options in it instead of a chow line. I'll def be getting the 6th one tho if it comes around and hopefully we get back to boosting cars and running people down as the main objective. But, I'll leave this one to the military, FPS, boom headshot guys and go back to Skyrim.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

كساااد

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:25 PM

$150 for one video game is out of this world, Im surprised that people actually buy those things. You could have gotten 2 games for that price. Kiss my ass with that limited edition sh*t. I cant believe that people let these game developers take advantage of them like this. There needs to be an increase in smart consumerism in the video game industry. This is one of the few industries where consumers don't think like consumers, act like they're friends with the cooperation, and surrounder all their power to the cooperation. Hence the prevalence of fanboys who basically sold their souls to these game developers.

The pimp-prostitute relationship with Rockstar or any other developer needs to stop. This is why it's beautiful to see the GTA fanbase rising up and being opinionated about the flaws of GTA 5. Showing the same spunk the fanbase lost after GTA 4 and that not EVERYBODY in the fanbase has sold their souls yet, even though we may still have a few soulless dick eating zombies like StarVisitor who would like ANY product put out. But then I forget, some of these fanboy guys on this site were born in the 1990's, an era that produced boys instead of men.

:yawn:

are you gonna believe me if I told you that the legend of Spyro: Dawn of the dragon is, as its an old game, its 100 Dinars here in Libya? I have it (after a long battle with that useless "figure" called dad)

its 145 here. and I used to have the double of it :monocle:

of course new games' prices are hell in the ass. later the prices will drop with the time (that rule isn't in Libya though :p)

if the game was as bad as Ace combat: Assault horizon or any Skylanders: Spyro's adventure series, then its fine. but a game that (as how I heard) broke the gaming records in almost everything, with a huge world and awesome things, how much you aspect the price will be? 1$? or less??? :bored:

last thing: that is an insult. calling it/us that way and what's even more, insult the fans. being in love with all the GTA games doesn't mean you're a "Cockstar fanboy"

Vatus
  • Vatus

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:58 PM Edited by Vatus, 21 October 2013 - 06:59 PM.

GTA V is definitely worth your money. If you have to buy one game this year, it would be this one. It has the lasting appeal and it is very fun. I think GTA V is equal to GTA: SA to be the best GTA game. And it's among R* best with Red Dead Redemption. I only have a few criticisms of GTA V.

1. Interior buildings: The most annoying aspect of GTA V is that you go to a building in one of the missions like a bar. After you finish the mission, you cannot go back into the building. Even if you own it.

2. There are more features online than singe player: What's up with that? You buy many safehouses, masks are actually useful besides from the missions, they have a inventory menu, arm wrestling, car tracking and insurance, you can sell cars, and more clothes and etc. It makes me a bit disappointed that they will focus more on the online mode than the single player mode. While I'm not asking for over 400 missions or somehting, I'm just asking for those features to be apart of the single player mode. 

3. You level up your RPG elements too fast to know a difference:  In the singe player mode, I think most of the are pretty much unnoticable except for stamina. In online mode, I notice them a bit more. I think it's because it's harder to level up your stats.

There are other things that I dislike, but those things that are not implement in the game that I wish R* would put in like gang wars, gambling, and etc. But even with the criticisms, I still think that GTA V is arugubly the best in the series along with GTA: SA. None of the GTAs measure up with the amount of features, fun missions, and replayability that GTA V and SA have.

And GTA V and The Last of Us are front runners for GOTY for me. But I also really like  Ni No Kuni. Bioshock Infinite may win a couple of rewards. I haven't played Gone Home or State of Decay yet.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

Why would you trade it in?

Trading in games is the most retarded thing you can do. You get next to no money back for it, and then if you ever want to play it again, it's gone. All because you're retarded and just didn't let it sit on the shelf.

By all means though, go ahead and trade it in. Enjoy the $10 you'll get back

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:29 PM

20000000.0 more like it. 

Still lovin' it... neh!:p neh!:Pneh!:Pneh!:Pneh!:Pneh!:Pneh!:Pneh!:Pneh!:Pneh!:Pneh!:Pneh!:Pneh!:Pneh!:Pneh!:Pneh!:p

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:49 PM

I think people are to spoiled and think every game should be perfect. Well gta isnt c.o.d. that comes out every year. Thats why these bigger open world games have glitches. And honestly i think a lot of you are making alot of it up. because i play on xbox and have alot of friends that play ps. and other than when online came i have not heard of any game ending glitches. sure it has glitches but does it really ruin your game? not for me or anyone i know. I think alot of you are over privilaged kids who complain over the smallest things. find an open world online game that dont have glitches.

dont ever compare gta to call of duty again and we are just fine.

also, the point of this threat is to avoid childish name calling and identify problems. if you have none, then dont just assume those of us who do are whiny kids.

this is the nonsense this thread was made to avoid. all you accomplished with your original post was an instigation. please leave this to the adults now.

I think people are to spoiled and think every game should be perfect. Well gta isnt c.o.d. that comes out every year. Thats why these bigger open world games have glitches. And honestly i think a lot of you are making alot of it up. because i play on xbox and have alot of friends that play ps. and other than when online came i have not heard of any game ending glitches. sure it has glitches but does it really ruin your game? not for me or anyone i know. I think alot of you are over privilaged kids who complain over the smallest things. find an open world online game that dont have glitches.

Well what do you expect? If Rockstar are guaranteeing that GTA V will be amazing and all of this can't provide, some people will go heptic. I can't see anyone being happy and jolly over the amount of issues. I didn't pay for a game in order for the game not to work. I may aswell give my money away to absolutely anyone on the street.

But how was it unplayable.

The fact that you couldnt make it get passed the tutorial due to constant freezes and disconnects (acknowledged by R*) is what I assume he means. 

But that was fixed after the first couple days. and if i remember rockstar said there would be problems. its not like they are trying to hide it.and again i think people are spoiled

I am genuinely interested in how people are 'spoiled'.

Its not like people paid $60 to play half a game only for the other half (or maybe the other 2/3 of the game considering the single players length) to be delayed by 2 weeks for what we thought were 'optimizing' issues only for the game to not be playable for *cough* not a 'couple of days' try a f*cking week buddy. sh*t the cloud servers are even off now making it pretty much unplayable as everything you do will not be saved.

Dude another curiosity of mine is, why do you feel obliged to defend a game company profiting off your hard earned money? Srs question.

i paid $60 and got a good game in my opinion. Thats why im defending them sure it could have been better, any game that comes out could be better when it comes out really. But this is a good game to me. kinda wish sp was better but hey its going to be a game i play for a while(which is rare). so $60 isnt bad(sim city was a game i complained about and now boycott EA). and again i have yet to see or hear first hand anything most people are saying about this game, which makes me think some people are making it up to ruin rockstars image idk(not saying some people arnt having problems). and for the spoiled part im talking about kids who play nothing but cod and come to bigger games thinking there aint going to be a problem with the game. because game like cod that come out once a year have very few problems when they are released, because they are really the same game as last year.

You seem like an intelligent person. So please do not stereotype people who feel this game is lacking which alot of us do are not all 'cod' fanboys and also if you could be so kind as to explain what signifies a COD fanboy despite the accused (the 'cod fanboys') not mentioning COD at all in any of their posts? I have always wondered that.

Listen GTA had a 5 year development cycle with the highest budget of any game... ever. Now throw in the facts that it is the shortest (MAIN) GTA game, has arguably less activities than San Andreas and overall seems smaller in scale (I do not mean the map size guys...) and seems HEAVILY multiplayer influenced (which btw was a route COD took and guess what GTA is following suit which in turn makes you more of a COD fanboy than the 'spoiled brats' ... see what I did THAR!!!!), then throw in more facts about the online being more or less the same with the new added feature of 'missions' (which are all nearly identical), heists, a sh*tty launch and you can see the concern.

Rockstar are turning into corporate assholes who for some reason seem to have some people who blindly worship them. 

Ask yourself this. If they really gave a f*ck that the online launch was that bad why not give you something with real life value like I dunno 

"The first two DLC's for free!"

Instead of 500k (in game money)............

Trust me they are just as mainstream as the COD developers. Not that I blame them they are just a business it just disturbs me that people feel like they 'owe' R* some form of gratitude as if GTA V was made EXACTLY for them, and out the kindness of R* hearts. We paid them for a service we got it, we can critique it, no form of gratitude towards them is necessary it is just blatant foolishness.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:20 PM

Im going to pin this thread. It is far too common a topic to be allowed to drift below the others

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:23 PM

Im going to pin this thread. It is far too common a topic to be allowed to drift below the others

May I ask Deffpony, what are your thoughts on the game? Good idea as well.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:30 PM

I love the game, really. But I too have my disappointments. Alot of them actually.

I think its important to realize that there was no way for the high expectations we set for this game to be fully met. But with that being said, there are some things that cant go unnoticed, and I am hoping that they improve GTA V and GTA Online as much as possible through DLC and updates/patches.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:37 PM Edited by Gst0395, 21 October 2013 - 09:38 PM.

I love the game, really. But I too have my disappointments. Alot of them actually.

I think its important to realize that there was no way for the high expectations we set for this game to be fully met. But with that being said, there are some things that cant go unnoticed, and I am hoping that they improve GTA V and GTA Online as much as possible through DLC and updates/patches.

Same here. I do love the game and the various things it has to offer, though it is not without it's disappointments. Almost worth the wait I'd say.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

My biggest issue is that some of my personal disappointments seemed like no brainers to me. But somehow they decided to leave these things out.

• saintsrow and Official General like this

blowtorchrepair
  • blowtorchrepair

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:00 PM Edited by blowtorchrepair, 21 October 2013 - 10:00 PM.

I think the game and story are first class, but I'm going to have to get used to the online portion.  I'm 40 years old so my time and interest in having/building an online career are limited, and I'm not really that interested now that I've seen it.  I don't doubt that to some the online career is dope, but as other posters have said, car parts are super expensive and even with the R* stimulus you still have to level up to buy anything cool.  I have to reach level 45 to purchase the bumper I want for the Vapid Sandking.. phuck that!

I do miss the simplicity of IV's freemode and I would LOVE to see that style of freemode come back to where we have a map full of heath and weapons, and every helipad has a heli on it (no unlimited amo for airpower) for the times when I just want to jump into a chaotic game of insanity for 30 minutes before bed time....  

I applaud R* for trying this new online, and I'm sure some will find it to be super cool, but I am not there, yet, and may never be.

• Lock N' Stock likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users