Photo

The Official "I'm Dissapointed with GTA 5" Thread V2.0

538 replies to this topic
iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:25 PM Edited by iiGh0STt, 19 October 2013 - 08:27 PM.

And irony strikes. my game froze online during matchmaking.

this has happened to me multiple times since the latest update. i never had that problem before.

to the mod OP: was this thread an attempt to view random complaints or are you guys actually going to do something about issues brought up here? maybe reword your attempted humor and you would receive more precise responses. then again, maybe not, and maybe i am one of the people who should avoid this topic ;)

33oH
  • 33oH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:28 PM

I am enjoying online but I do admit it got off to a very rocky start. The other day though I kept hearing some guy crunch potato chips on the chat and I finally had to mute him. I am sure it will be much better when heists come into play.

exactly! there is still more to come and people have already made up their minds.

The heists will be no more than 

1. Hire your friends

2. Place a getaway vehicle

3. Go to the bank and destroy everyone

4. Pick up the money in the 'safe'

5. Drive away in getaway vehicle

6. Split the cash

They are over glorified missions. They will not be special they will be extremely basic like every other feature / activity in this game.

Like I said if they focused more on the SP and less on this colossal f*ck up of an MP (Which albiet is fun to muck around in but seriously ask yourselves are you actually enjoying the 100+ missions that are more or less the same but with different coats of paint to disguise the repetitive nature of the missions? Or do you acknowledge that it is nothing more than a novelty just like GTA IV's online and RDR),

The SP was great for the most part however it was depressingly short considering 10-20 of the missions were the cursed 'heist setup' missions that barely reached more than 2 minutes (at best), top that off with 69 missions in total and it was shockingly shorter than previous GTA games.

f*ck even vice city stories and liberty city stories I am sure had roughly the same amount of missions and they were passed off as 'DLC of the PS2 era'.

Its disappointing. It was worth the $60 but the best GTA game? It is nothing more than a prettier San Andreas with online and less stuff to do in the SP.

i can actually agree with you on this but i hope they do it a little bit better. one thing that will piss me off is if they make it to where you make very little for each heist. but still that wont be the last thing they add to the game.... i hope

S99
  • S99

'StueyCow'

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:46 PM

why would you complain...

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

It surely isnt a game of the year.

It had a great (but too damn short) storyline. R* was way too horny on the number 69 for the mission count...

GTA Online... well was fun for the first two weeks - but its nothing else than helping gerald build his coke fortress, killing random people there and bombing simeons shop with random vehicles over and over and over. And dont forget the glitchers, GTA Online is broken now :l Im just messing around with friends now, lets see when we get bored..

chilleverest
  • chilleverest

Ironborn

• Members
  • Nepal

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:39 PM

Thank you gta online for cutting the main story short, thank you gta online for slashing other ingame contents. But honestly, id be happier if there was one big city and a little bit more of countryside. 

Verdant
  • Verdant

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:11 AM

I really enjoyed the story line for GTA V, but it really needed an extension on heists. I thought after you finished the story line, you were still able to hire a crew and do heists together but I heard that's coming for the Online. Was this game too over hyped? Eh, I guess so. At least it wasn't in development for about 12 years. The protagonists were well done I have to admit. As for GTA Online? I haven't tried that yet but I have seen some game play of it.

Napalmbrain
  • Napalmbrain

What is Buzz?

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:14 AM

With a budget of 300 million, and a profit of 1 billion in 3 days, you bet your ass I am disappointed with R*. Maybe if half the development team were literally retarded making retarded design decisions, we wouldn't have to complain.

TC is a fanboy who apparently likes being lied to and taking it up the rear. F U TC you sheeple.

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:29 AM

A bit disappointed with SP.

- Not many interiors, but doing missions almost all are unlocked. I don't see the point.

- Wanted level 1 and 2 messed up, cops spawning out of nowhere, if you insult/hit cops disarmed they kill you. Ped is punching you no cops around, if you punch the ped wanted star 1.

- Cheats are sh*t, you can't have god mode for infinite time, you can't remove all stars instead of 1 by 1 (lazy and annoying) and you can't have infinite ammo.

GH05TF4CE
  • GH05TF4CE

I love lamp

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:38 AM Edited by GH05TF4CE, 20 October 2013 - 12:38 AM.

Yes and no I suppose. The worst part of GTAO is deathmatch. What a retarded piece of sh*t it is. RDRs deathmatch was so much fun, GtAO's is just bollocks. Not only that but the rewards are sh*t aswell. WTF? I do enjoy the online experience as a whole though. The loading times are frustrating but that's to be expected from a 7 year old console but the thing that pisses me of the most - getting from A-B in your apartment. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

GranThefTito
  • GranThefTito

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:46 AM

before the game grand theft auto 5 selling i am happy boy with rockstar games company just now not i do not agree to rockstar games company i am not paying for the game grand theft auto 5 pc version just i am enjoy electronic arts company more more more

Tha_Mac
  • Tha_Mac

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:46 AM

The thing I'm most disappointed with is the length of the SP Mode.  I expected to be playing SP mode for about 3 or 4 months then after that I could play online and even replay SP making different decisions.  But to be finished with SP mode in 28 days which is what it took for me is just asinine.  

I enjoy GTAO but I liked GTAIV's online better. 

Murad96
  • Murad96

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:56 AM Edited by Murad96, 20 October 2013 - 12:56 AM.

38398.png

dhMeAzK.gif

727gta
  • 727gta

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:12 AM

Disappointed? No Thrilled with it? No 

Goty? Couldn't care about that, it's not my GOTY which matters to me. 

The story was weak. I know GTA games main selling point isn't the story but it felt flat at times, no development of the characters and hell, even two of the characters were just awful. Out of the six heists I only enjoyed probably 2 (5th and 6th) which was a shame because I was excited about the inclusion of them at first. 

I loved how big the game was at first. It was detailed, colourful and full of life. There was quite a lot to do which kept me playing for hours. But quickly it became stale and hard to play ecause if you wanted to have fun you'd get chased by cops after the slightest of things which left me staying away from SP for a while. 

Then Online came out and it is a disaster. I am hoping that the content they release over the coming months gets me playing it again. So it is a solid game overall but overrated by a lot of people. 

Xaynt
  • Xaynt

Hell awaits.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:05 AM

GTA is just some immoral clunk of a cheap trick.  I'm gonna go play Saint's Row.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:34 AM Edited by Official General, 20 October 2013 - 02:35 AM.

38398.png

Looooooooool this sh*t is funny  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I am part of the GTA V is not so great crowd, but this is pure comedy !!

Crewnordin
  • Crewnordin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:36 AM

It surely isnt a game of the year.

It had a great (but too damn short) storyline. R* was way too horny on the number 69 for the mission count...

GTA Online... well was fun for the first two weeks - but its nothing else than helping gerald build his coke fortress, killing random people there and bombing simeons shop with random vehicles over and over and over. And dont forget the glitchers, GTA Online is broken now :l Im just messing around with friends now, lets see when we get bored..

You could talk like that about any good game. TLOU,, hiding there,, throwing bomb here. Fifa,, pass the ball. NBA,, dunk. COD,, Shoot reload shoot. What is innovative then? You could talk like that about GTA San Andreas aswell. Hood here,, shoot there,, fly plane, jump off and repeat. Just enjoy the game and if you don't just play another game that might interest you.

Curlypyebs
  • Curlypyebs

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:00 AM

I think people are to spoiled and think every game should be perfect. Well gta isnt c.o.d. that comes out every year. Thats why these bigger open world games have glitches. And honestly i think a lot of you are making alot of it up. because i play on xbox and have alot of friends that play ps. and other than when online came i have not heard of any game ending glitches. sure it has glitches but does it really ruin your game? not for me or anyone i know. I think alot of you are over privilaged kids who complain over the smallest things. find an open world online game that dont have glitches.

Slurp slurp

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:33 AM Edited by bish0p2004, 20 October 2013 - 03:34 AM.

I definitely think that people who say that this is the worst game ever are trolls.  Hell, it's not even the worst GTA game...that title belongs to GTA IV :) :) :) Also, I really hope the TC can tell the difference between a troll complaint topic and a legitimate complaint topic (even if it is considered nitpicking).  

Furthermore, someone here got defensive and complained that if you compliment the game here, you get called a fanboy immediately or whatever.  Well, this is a complaint topic and yet some guy came in here calling people spoiled brats....I mean, even the TC (who is a mod) posted a picture of a crying baby.  So basically, you guys think people who complain about the game are babies and the guys who think that people who worship the game are "Cockstar Fanboys."

It balances out in the end.  What's the problem?

• Feckbadger likes this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:35 AM Edited by saintsrow, 20 October 2013 - 09:34 PM.

Hard to believe that GTAV is the culmination of 5 years, $265M dollar budget, and the accumulated knowledge and skill of the entire GTA series and RDR.  Wow.  :/

First, the GOOD:  The graphics, the virtual world design; it's beautiful and really does represent 5 years of hard, dedicated work, research, and accumulated skill.  The flying is good.  The underwater world is a nice piece of design also.  :^:

The SO-SO:  Gameplay balance, lack of good side missions, some aspects of the cops. 

The BAD:  Storyline, short SP game, pedestrian reactions, police dialog, almost all aspects of GTAO, no way to explore military base, no way to access interiors or certain other functions outside of missions.  :cry: North Yankton is a linear corridor throwaway. 

First, the ridiculous and disgusting Rockstar non-marketing in 2012 made me madder than hell.  :angry:

Then when the game came out and I, a half-assed casual gamer, fairly breezed through the main mission storyline and got to the end and I thought, "where's the beef??" -- I could not believe that 5 years of thought went into this game.  :blink:

The I found out that this game has the biggest budget of all video games and in fact a bigger budget than almost all movies.  I thought, where did all that money go???  :sarcasm:

Then I hear that out of the $265M, an obscene $150M went to "MARKETING" !!!!!  WTF!!!! F*ucking Rockstar did not spend a dime on marketing in 2012.  How, how, how could they claim to have blown $150M on the 3 to 4 months of actual marketing they did, leading up the September 2013.  I blew a gasket.  What an obscene waste of money!!!! That money should have gone to game design!!!  :angry: :angry:

Here's what I think the budget breakdown was for GTAV: 

$ 150M   Marketing (wasted) :angry:   :v: :v:

$  85M    Virtual world design (well-spent, a beautiful world, congrats to Aaron Garbut!!) :^: :^: :^:

$    2M    Single player gameplay design :v:

$    2M    GTAO design :v:

$    1M    Storyline development (this is being generous - I think they came up with it during lunch) :v: :v:

$    5M    Scriptwriting (lots of words, about half of them good, and then there's Lazlow, good and bad)

$    5M    Voice acting (lots of lines to speak, some of it was great, some was so-so)

$  10M    Soundtrack (Tangerine Dream, at least the name; it was OK)

$    5M    Radio music licenses (not the biggest names in the business, but some music fit well)

$265M   TOTAL  :cry:

So you ask if I am disappointed.  Yes, I have to say, I am disappointed.  Partly, I just expected more; I expected a masterpiece.  Partly I was pissed off by Rockstar's bullsh*t in 2012 and I will never forgive them for that.  Then the cinematic trailers, full of cutscenes (including the "gameplay" trailer) and camera angles that we can't create, further deceived us about the nature of the actual game and the resources in it. 

Nonetheless, this is what we have.  I'm going to play GTAV (single player) for a long time, exploring and trying to optimize my battles with the cops.  I feel I may get tired of it sooner than the past GTA games and RDR.  That's probably a good thing.  I have a life to get back to. 

• Soda and Soap likes this

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:41 AM

On the balance of things the game was a massive disappointment. 

R* spread themselves much too thinly with having three protagainsts and it was never clear who the antoganist was through the game. The only emotional point was when Trevor reunited with Michael and learnt he was still alive but I never got worked up about any of the missions. They were all so easy and the game didn't even let you go about it your way, making you change characters at times which was more to do with showing off the cinematic aspect of the missions than the gameplay side. 

Positives were the beautiful map, the desert areas, the first portion of Trevor missions and the huge range of vehicles and the business buying but I've lost count of the annoying little things.

Mainly, the game didn't ever feel that edgy or dark, the torture mission aside the game really trivialized killing, which GTA 4 didn't, it made every crime seem real and dirty. The soundtrack was filled with average poppy hip hop and r'nb tunes too. We never really learnt much about Franklin and the whole gang system seems totally lazy. Ok so theres a couple of Ballas milling about Davis and Vagos is sorta based around Strawberry/Jamestown St but its never really mentioned in the story. I was looking forward to seeing gang wars or at least taking part in them but it was a massive element of the potential story that R* didn't want to entertain.

I was under the impression R* saved a lot to multiplayer which I think is a shame, it's about getting the casual gamers excited not about what GTA fans wanted I guess. I honestly had more fun immersing myself into the GTA 3 world, GTA 5 left a lot to the imagination unfortunately.

The last mission was a shambles. Why was the that the climax? I sorta understand merryweather were the antoganists but it never  really seemed so dramatic, or well reasoned. It was probably the most dull ending to a GTA game since GTA VCS. 

Based on my Single Player experiences I'd give it a 7/10

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:42 AM

the only thing I'm "dissapointed" with this game is that the annihilator isn't in the game :*(

I saw that heli tons of times but I can't find it ANYWHERE! :sui:

if it does include, then can you tell me where? I only managed to see it in video mods

(I realized that you CAN modify the Xbox version but you'll get banned in Online)

did you try the heli pad? lol... it is there literally every time. lvl up.

i am dissapointed with the f*ckING UPDATES... that keep freezing my game, and not loading/kicking me from servers randomly.

last time i checked updates were supposed to fix these issues. as my own boss, i can say that if i had a team who did not fix things and only made more issues, i would fire them all and do the work myself, and then hire a new team. hint hint rockstar.

I'm talking about offline :monocle: since for no reason I can't log to my PS@N :sui:

anyway does that heli exist in SP?

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:57 AM

I definitely think that people who say that this is the worst game ever are trolls.  Hell, it's not even the worst GTA game...that title belongs to GTA IV :) :) :) Also, I really hope the TC can tell the difference between a troll complaint topic and a legitimate complaint topic (even if it is considered nitpicking).  

Furthermore, someone here got defensive and complained that if you compliment the game here, you get called a fanboy immediately or whatever.  Well, this is a complaint topic and yet some guy came in here calling people spoiled brats....I mean, even the TC (who is a mod) posted a picture of a crying baby.  So basically, you guys think people who complain about the game are babies and the guys who think that people who worship the game are "Cockstar Fanboys."

It balances out in the end.  What's the problem?

This  :^:

@ saintstrow and Vercetti27

I totally agree with you guys  :^:

reaszon
  • reaszon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:40 PM Edited by reaszon, 20 October 2013 - 12:42 PM.

1. PEDS - you walk arround doing your thing and suddenly you see a red dot coming and beating your ass or even calling the police , if you hit them ou get 1 star for f*cks sake.

2. POLICE - ok f*ck peds , but the police is one of the reasons i was turning off the console and trust me i know how to hide from them , i know the tactics but it just got lame , you get 1 star and they shoot you goddamit... THE THING I LOVED THE MOST IN MAFIA2 IS THAT YOU CAN BRIBE THE POLICEMAN WHICH WAS REALLY SOME MAFIOSO STYLE AND IT WAS COOL .

In GTA V you get 1-2 stars and you see mad police on your tail

3.STEALING CARS - Once again ill give an example of how cool it was in Mafia where u buy some special tools to open the cars without breaking the windows , even if franklin has that ability it doesnt work everytime time and i dont really understand how it works . OK f*ck THIS , it aint the most important issue in the game but anyways.

4.THE INTERIORS - Small shops are cool but thats all ? f*ck .

5. MINI GAMES -Tennis is kool , Darts is nice and thats all ... thats f*cking all ..... no pool at f*ckin least , air hockey was cool , bowling was nice , the gaming machines was cool too why not implement them ? all the codes are ready just implement them and thats all .

Yoga is intresting during the mission /

Scuba diving is intresting but not a big deal i would rather have pool and airhockey or bowling instead .

Cinema is cool but comedy club was more entertaining but they both are good.

6.NO NIGHTLIFE - Just one strip club ..... one f*cking strip club in the entire game . NO NIGHTCLUB , CMON even vice city had a nightclub ....

7.TUNING - Some of the tunings are cool but mostly of tuning parts are so poor seems like they didnt even put some work ...

8.CANT ENTER SHOPS WITH A WANTED LEVEL - even if the police is not on the map i cant enter the shop WHAT THE f*ck 

9. PROPERTY - You cant f*cking enter the property !!!111 There are a few missions which is cool but because you cant actually enter it its a letdown

and there are also some minor issues 

I am sure 100000 % that if there wouldnt be ONLINE GTA project in mind just Multiplayer like in IV then there would be a lot more interiors and activities and even maybe more missions . 

People who played SA-MP are simply not impressed with ONLINE . 

Ive bought xbox just to play gta V , i played all the series 100 % , played them since the childhood , spent a ton of time wasting in the gta worlds but GTA V ended for me after 2 weeks , i got 100 % did everything that you can do and explored 99 % (forced myself to lol)

Game is great but it lacks a lot and its not about the high expectations its about the fact that it lacks things , thats all .

• Zroovy likes this

KaKaja
  • KaKaja

GTA 5 GLITCHES <3 WITH PRIDE

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

samp > gtao

gta v> gta 1

liquid soap > regular soap

/threadd

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:29 PM

I definitely think that people who say that this is the worst game ever are trolls.  Hell, it's not even the worst GTA game...that title belongs to GTA IV :) :) :)

Yup yup that is so f*cking right, preach that sh*t. :dozing:

Go ahead and hate but I'm bored of driving in V. I was enjoying it for 5 weeks but then that switch just turned off and now I just feel like, bored. Driving hard in a car should feel fun but it just got boring. Did it in IV and what keeps that fun feeling alive are the different feelings of confidence when you approach a corner in IV. When you do that in V you know you're going to make the corner even if you're driving a huge truck.

Soda and Soap
  • Soda and Soap

Dr Pepper

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:01 PM

Played GTA IV for 5 years, at not one point of playing GTA IV did I ever get bored or tied of it.

Played GTA V for almost a month, on & off mind you, & now I'm completely sick to death of it. Hell yeah I'm disappointed. 

• Sting4S likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:12 PM

Played GTA IV for 5 years, at not one point of playing GTA IV did I ever get bored or tied of it.

Played GTA V for almost a month, on & off mind you, & now I'm completely sick to death of it. Hell yeah I'm disappointed. 

I played IV for 5 years and yeah there were times where I got bored but when I first played it, I was addicted for months. 2008 was full of IV memories. I think what kept me playing were the impressive physics, the fun cops, the humor, and the overall vibe.

I play V for about a month. When I first play it I'm amazed. By the 3rd week the magic wears off but I still enjoy playing the game. The problems with the game really begin to bug me at this point. I like V but it is honestly getting a bit boring. I cannot have a classic chase without getting killed within 30 minutes. I don't feel the temptation to laugh my ass off because the humor is bland. The physics are a downgrade. Driving was fun til about now. You also have to worry about dying too easily as well.

Distrom
  • Distrom

Sodom

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:43 PM

I'm still enjoying V and Online so far.

GTAO doesn't have problems anymore, not for me at least.

There are some things to critizise but nothing to feel "dissapointed"

I think anybody who is trully dissapointed about the game sadly expected way too much from the title.

• ten-a-penny likes this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Hustler

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:21 PM

I'm just dissapointed that rockstar focused and still is focusing on online

The SP is awesome but how epic would it have been if they put their 'online' resources on that

instead they cut so much from SP and added it to online

And now I'm hearing that they may add liberty city and vice city to online and that they see online as the future of GTA

if this is true then I'm surely done with GTA

• HoleInTheSky likes this

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:33 PM

I'm just dissapointed that rockstar focused and still is focusing on online

The SP is awesome but how epic would it have been if they put their 'online' resources on that

instead they cut so much from SP and added it to online

And now I'm hearing that they may add liberty city and vice city to online and that they see online as the future of GTA

if this is true then I'm surely done with GTA

That pisses me off too, single player is boring and everyone in online are too busy bitching about glitches to appreciate the sh*t single player didn't get it's a f*cking disgrace!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users