I am disappointed with Watch Dogs delay
it was my one and only last hope!

This!

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:37 PM Edited by woggleman, 19 October 2013 - 05:37 PM.

Maybe now it's all out of our systems? Any other complaints before we lock this up? (complaints about me will be ignored)

Don't lock it. Let's concentrate it all in one thread so we can actually discuss good topics again.

• John Smith likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

كساااد

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:38 PM

the only thing I'm "dissapointed" with this game is that the annihilator isn't in the game :*(

I saw that heli tons of times but I can't find it ANYWHERE! :sui:

if it does include, then can you tell me where? I only managed to see it in video mods

(I realized that you CAN modify the Xbox version but you'll get banned in Online)

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:53 PM

the only thing I'm "dissapointed" with this game is that the annihilator isn't in the game :*(

I saw that heli tons of times but I can't find it ANYWHERE! :sui:

if it does include, then can you tell me where? I only managed to see it in video mods

(I realized that you CAN modify the Xbox version but you'll get banned in Online)

did you try the heli pad? lol... it is there literally every time. lvl up.

i am dissapointed with the f*ckING UPDATES... that keep freezing my game, and not loading/kicking me from servers randomly.

last time i checked updates were supposed to fix these issues. as my own boss, i can say that if i had a team who did not fix things and only made more issues, i would fire them all and do the work myself, and then hire a new team. hint hint rockstar.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:06 PM

In short like I've said many times. 

GTA V is an excellent game indeed, but it just was not as great as it should have been and for what it was made out to be. 

Another thing that really annoyed me about the game, was that it appears that Rockstar invested way too much time, effort and resources into the online multiplayer at the expense of the single player. I really feel that the SP would have been much better without that over-amibitious, complicated MP mode that is not really a flying success anyway. 

Finally you and I can agree on something.

This is my only significant gripe with V. A game like GTA should always be an SP primary focused game, with MP being an added bonus. That said, I was still more than happy with the SP, and am still having a great time with it (I hardly ever touch MP...), but I would've much rather R* took the resources they used on online, and had instead made like a longer campaign, or smaller second city; something like that.

Nonetheless, GTA V is definitely my GOTY.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:12 PM

Maybe now it's all out of our systems? Any other complaints before we lock this up? (complaints about me will be ignored)

Don't lock it. Let's concentrate it all in one thread so we can actually discuss good topics again.

This.

Constructive criticism is fine, but I'm getting f*cking sick to death of seeing this forum being swamped with thread upon thread containing..."this is the worst game ever...online suckz". At least with this thread, we can try and keep it all in one place.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:28 PM Edited by Official General, 19 October 2013 - 06:29 PM.

In short like I've said many times. 

GTA V is an excellent game indeed, but it just was not as great as it should have been and for what it was made out to be. 

Another thing that really annoyed me about the game, was that it appears that Rockstar invested way too much time, effort and resources into the online multiplayer at the expense of the single player. I really feel that the SP would have been much better without that over-amibitious, complicated MP mode that is not really a flying success anyway. 

Finally you and I can agree on something.

This is my only significant gripe with V. A game like GTA should always be an SP primary focused game, with MP being an added bonus. That said, I was still more than happy with the SP, and am still having a great time with it (I hardly ever touch MP...), but I would've much rather R* took the resources they used on online, and had instead made like a longer campaign, or smaller second city; something like that.

Nonetheless, GTA V is definitely my GOTY.

Ha ha, yeah it's a rare moment so make the most if my friend.

Definitely. The online MP mode should have just been the usual deathmatch, team vs team, free-roam stuff. Rockstar should be clever enough to realize that a complex, big online MP system just does not work for a game like GTA, it's main strengths will always be in SP, it's where it's best utilized. They could have put WAY more content into the SP and they know this man. There is really no excuses and nothing else to it. 

I'm not even bothered about this GOTY business, I'm just now looking forward to seeing what the next-gen consoles (PS4) have to offer. Especially since now that the GTA V hype has died down and the game ended up not meeting my greatest expectations. 

• shadyslady likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:35 PM

This.

Constructive criticism is fine, but I'm getting f*cking sick to death of seeing this forum being swamped with thread upon thread containing..."this is the worst game ever...online suckz". At least with this thread, we can try and keep it all in one place.

Exactly. Somebody like OG and others I can have intelligent disagreements with but you see some other players who act like R murdered their family and I just shake my head.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:38 PM

@General

Maybe it's because we're getting old (I'm in my late 20's/I believe you're in your 30's), but yeah, the online stuff in V is too bloody confusing for me. I'm not much of an online gamer anyway, but I must admit, the free-mode in IV could sometimes be fun - when you didn't have hacking little kids ruining it. If R* had implented the same type of free-mode in V, then maybe I could get onboard.

But yeah, it should never be at the expense of SP.

• saintsrow and cheetah_7 like this

Xaynt
  • Xaynt

Hell awaits.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:45 PM

I was only disappointed because there wasnt as much to do as there was in San Andreas.  But still impressed and looking forward to better and better.

Vagos MC
  • Vagos MC

Playa

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:52 PM Edited by Vagos MC, 19 October 2013 - 06:52 PM.

R* should've stayed true to their roots. GTA online is a disappointment. I honestly don't even really play it, it's just not that fun. And with how much they inflated the pricing on car mods, takes way too long to get anything to even be able to enjoy the game. And they did it on purpose, there's no reason for it other than to get people to buy cash cards. With how much they were docking people for dying and charging for gun attachments and car mods, it was blatantly obvious what they were doing with online.

Atleast in GTA 4 I could choose Race.. Not get thrown into GTA races and have to continue backing in and out of games via GPS constantly wasting time. I liked how easy it was to pick your game mode, and back out of lobbies you didn't like and find a new one with relative ease. If you wanted free roam, then you had that option. Now you have to access everything via free roam. Yeah there's the quick game through your phone, but you still get thrown back into free roams where you then have to worry about depositing your race earnings before someone tries to come and kill you for it.

I won't be buying another R* game on day 1 again. I bought MP3 day 1 and less than 6 months later that game was like 14 bucks, I think it even sold on XBL one weekend for less than 10. R* lost a lot of respect, and this half million dollar front isn't about "paying fans back for their patience" it's about trying to lure people back to a game they effectively destroyed to the point nobody gives a sh*t about it anymore.

Good going R*.

Yeah, I agree with you. I was actually quite hyped about online. Due to the amount of hassle, I haven't got that good feeling about online anymore. My opinions and views over Rockstar have completely changed. I once believed that Rockstar were the bomb and a problem like now couldn't ever occur. I guess I was wrong..

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:08 PM

i love this game, i hate the issues it is having online.

simply put, fix your updates that are not fixing real issues. i have more issues now after the current update than ever.

i enjoyed single player very much, i dislike the waiting for random calls from purchased properties, and not being able to buy all the cars, or have them delivered like you can online. apply some online features to single player, or most of them.

online is honestly, a complete mess. the main issue, not enough money for jobs, and the time and effort it takes to complete them. also, red blips popping up on the mini map out of nowhere, and not showing up until i am 5 feet away. We want to mark targets, and see them since we know they are there. countless times i have looked in my scope and not seen an enemy i know to be at that location, until i get too close and they spot me. is that an issue because of current gen consoles?

lastly, how can someone survive so many shots, and stand back up continuing to shoot me 500 feet away with a pistol? my AK and or S.A.W. will not even target them (turn red) until i am closer.

33oH
  • 33oH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:10 PM

I think people are to spoiled and think every game should be perfect. Well gta isnt c.o.d. that comes out every year. Thats why these bigger open world games have glitches. And honestly i think a lot of you are making alot of it up. because i play on xbox and have alot of friends that play ps. and other than when online came i have not heard of any game ending glitches. sure it has glitches but does it really ruin your game? not for me or anyone i know. I think alot of you are over privilaged kids who complain over the smallest things. find an open world online game that dont have glitches.

33oH
  • 33oH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

I do think however there needs to be more things to do and more things to buy, which should be come sometime soon.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

38398.png

• Prometheus and Jrjohnbarn1 like this

Vagos MC
  • Vagos MC

Playa

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:15 PM

I think people are to spoiled and think every game should be perfect. Well gta isnt c.o.d. that comes out every year. Thats why these bigger open world games have glitches. And honestly i think a lot of you are making alot of it up. because i play on xbox and have alot of friends that play ps. and other than when online came i have not heard of any game ending glitches. sure it has glitches but does it really ruin your game? not for me or anyone i know. I think alot of you are over privilaged kids who complain over the smallest things. find an open world online game that dont have glitches.

Well what do you expect? If Rockstar are guaranteeing that GTA V will be amazing and all of this can't provide, some people will go heptic. I can't see anyone being happy and jolly over the amount of issues. I didn't pay for a game in order for the game not to work. I may aswell give my money away to absolutely anyone on the street.

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

I am kinda pissed that the SP took a severe back seat for what imo is a medicore online (with one of the worst launches I have witnessed) that while admittedly is fun with a few friends once the novelty wears off the online will die out just like GTA IV and RDR leaving me sad that the single player had to suffer because of this. Sadly it is a trend that is becoming apparent because it is no secret that MP makes more money in useless gun and vehicle DLC's, swapping real money for virtual money (pmfsl) and other useless features thats ultimate goal is to milk some more money out of the game.

Not that I blame em, they are a business after all just kinda bummed how I will need to wait a few more years to see if Rockstar takes a less mainstream approach and actually stick to what made GTA games great (by focusing on the SP and for f*ck sake give us a damn jet pack)

Also I find it funny that R* are giving us virtual money as a way to apologize for their f*ck up. Why not give us a few free DLCs (big DLCs) instead of useless ingame money that can be obtained with grinding? (They could already be doing this but I have not seen any reports of this so feel free to correct me if I am wrong).

Ah well feel free to hate on me and call me a COD player. Or is a 'Saints row' player more trendy of an insult these days? 

33oH
  • 33oH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

Well what do you expect? If Rockstar are guaranteeing that GTA V will be amazing and all of this can't provide, some people will go heptic. I can't see anyone being happy and jolly over the amount of issues. I didn't pay for a game in order for the game not to work. I may aswell give my money away to absolutely anyone on the street.

But how was it unplayable.

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

The fact that you couldnt make it get passed the tutorial due to constant freezes and disconnects (acknowledged by R*) is what I assume he means. 

33oH
  • 33oH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:40 PM

The fact that you couldnt make it get passed the tutorial due to constant freezes and disconnects (acknowledged by R*) is what I assume he means. 

But that was fixed after the first couple days. and if i remember rockstar said there would be problems. its not like they are trying to hide it.and again i think people are spoiled

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:42 PM

I am enjoying online but I do admit it got off to a very rocky start. The other day though I kept hearing some guy crunch potato chips on the chat and I finally had to mute him. I am sure it will be much better when heists come into play.

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

But that was fixed after the first couple days. and if i remember rockstar said there would be problems. its not like they are trying to hide it.and again i think people are spoiled

I am genuinely interested in how people are 'spoiled'.

Its not like people paid $60 to play half a game only for the other half (or maybe the other 2/3 of the game considering the single players length) to be delayed by 2 weeks for what we thought were 'optimizing' issues only for the game to not be playable for *cough* not a 'couple of days' try a f*cking week buddy. sh*t the cloud servers are even off now making it pretty much unplayable as everything you do will not be saved.

Dude another curiosity of mine is, why do you feel obliged to defend a game company profiting off your hard earned money? Srs question.

33oH
  • 33oH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

I am enjoying online but I do admit it got off to a very rocky start. The other day though I kept hearing some guy crunch potato chips on the chat and I finally had to mute him. I am sure it will be much better when heists come into play.

exactly! there is still more to come and people have already made up their minds.

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

exactly! there is still more to come and people have already made up their minds.

The heists will be no more than 

1. Hire your friends

2. Place a getaway vehicle

3. Go to the bank and destroy everyone

4. Pick up the money in the 'safe'

5. Drive away in getaway vehicle

6. Split the cash

They are over glorified missions. They will not be special they will be extremely basic like every other feature / activity in this game.

Like I said if they focused more on the SP and less on this colossal f*ck up of an MP (Which albiet is fun to muck around in but seriously ask yourselves are you actually enjoying the 100+ missions that are more or less the same but with different coats of paint to disguise the repetitive nature of the missions? Or do you acknowledge that it is nothing more than a novelty just like GTA IV's online and RDR),

The SP was great for the most part however it was depressingly short considering 10-20 of the missions were the cursed 'heist setup' missions that barely reached more than 2 minutes (at best), top that off with 69 missions in total and it was shockingly shorter than previous GTA games.

f*ck even vice city stories and liberty city stories I am sure had roughly the same amount of missions and they were passed off as 'DLC of the PS2 era'.

Its disappointing. It was worth the $60 but the best GTA game? It is nothing more than a prettier San Andreas with online and less stuff to do in the SP.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:03 PM Edited by iiGh0STt, 19 October 2013 - 08:07 PM.

dont ever compare gta to call of duty again and we are just fine.

also, the point of this threat is to avoid childish name calling and identify problems. if you have none, then dont just assume those of us who do are whiny kids.

this is the nonsense this thread was made to avoid. all you accomplished with your original post was an instigation. please leave this to the adults now.

RyanM1995
  • RyanM1995

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:04 PM

How can people be disappointed with this game? I don't understand :(

33oH
  • 33oH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

I am genuinely interested in how people are 'spoiled'.

Its not like people paid $60 to play half a game only for the other half (or maybe the other 2/3 of the game considering the single players length) to be delayed by 2 weeks for what we thought were 'optimizing' issues only for the game to not be playable for *cough* not a 'couple of days' try a f*cking week buddy. sh*t the cloud servers are even off now making it pretty much unplayable as everything you do will not be saved.

Dude another curiosity of mine is, why do you feel obliged to defend a game company profiting off your hard earned money? Srs question.

i paid $60 and got a good game in my opinion. Thats why im defending them sure it could have been better, any game that comes out could be better when it comes out really. But this is a good game to me. kinda wish sp was better but hey its going to be a game i play for a while(which is rare). so $60 isnt bad(sim city was a game i complained about and now boycott EA). and again i have yet to see or hear first hand anything most people are saying about this game, which makes me think some people are making it up to ruin rockstars image idk(not saying some people arnt having problems). and for the spoiled part im talking about kids who play nothing but cod and come to bigger games thinking there aint going to be a problem with the game. because game like cod that come out once a year have very few problems when they are released, because they are really the same game as last year.

• White Hot Speed likes this

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:18 PM

I'm not dissappointed with the game, I'm f*cking pissed that it's pretty much 3 weeks since launch and the stupid idiots in charge haven't thought of a f*cking way around the cloud server issue.

33oH
  • 33oH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:20 PM

dont ever compare gta to call of duty again and we are just fine.

also, the point of this threat is to avoid childish name calling and identify problems. if you have none, then dont just assume those of us who do are whiny kids.

this is the nonsense this thread was made to avoid. all you accomplished with your original post was an instigation. please leave this to the adults now.

LOL I never compared the two. im talking about people who play all the time and think games should be just as smooth as that game, i guess you can i say i talking about kids. and im not calling anyone names did i? its not like i called anyone a fag like most people on the internet do these days. but anyways not trying to be an asshole just thought id make a statement.and like i just said im sure some of you have issues with the game im just saying i think some people are just jumping on the bandwagon. im sure some people aint even played the game and are just trolling.

33oH
  • 33oH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:22 PM

And irony strikes. my game froze online during matchmaking.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users