538 replies to this topic
Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

Crying+Baby+Natural+High+for+Some+Moms.j

Do you regret buying what will likely be Game of the Year 2013?

Do you feel like the botched online rollout was a crime against humanity?

Can you believe they didn't include Cricket?!!?!?!?

Then this topic is for you. If you think all these people are crazy, however, this is not the topic for you

Have at 'er complainees. Use this topic and this topic alone.

• Eutyphro, TakinThyBacon, neuhier and 1 other like this

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

"Do you regret buying what will likely be Game of the Year 2013?"

No. It wasn't as good as everyone on the forums was anticipating, but it's still easily the GOTY. Our expectations were too high.

• Freezer89, yonatan755, theGTAking101 and 3 others like this

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:35 PM

These threads are getting on my f*cking nerves. Yes, you're too blinded by nostalgia to like GTA V... We get it

• Slowthrill likes this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

Are neglected, spirit-broken and depressed PC gamers also welcome here?

:p

• PlasmaFLOW, LesterTheMolester and SubtlyAgressive like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

Don't lock my customization thread. I love V, just have a few criticisms.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

Are neglected, spirit-broken and depressed PC gamers also welcome here?

:p

That would include me, yes. :p

Any day now, right!?!?!?!

• PlasmaFLOW and SubtlyAgressive like this

Vugo
  • Vugo

An user with an actual, functional brain.

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:37 PM Edited by Vugo, 19 October 2013 - 03:38 PM.

The Official Locked Thread v321847812094821984192.0

EDIT: Wait, why would a mod incite this?

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

The same reason I nearly gave you a warning for replying with a spam post. Please don't do that. That's part of the problem.

• Rown likes this

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

quite frankly i'm disappointed and outraged with this thread.

• Otter and Slowthrill like this

plz honor me
  • plz honor me

that guy

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:44 PM

was overrated (because of great advertising) but still worth buying ...

TLOU for game of the year :D

• DonatKap likes this

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

PC or die'

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:45 PM Edited by Suppa K, 19 October 2013 - 03:56 PM.

What's the point of making multiple "disappointment" threads? What are you guys going to accomplish other than sulking and complaining.

Also just shut up about Online. It was a huge scale thing and there are always kinks to work out in any big online launch. It's practically fixed now anyways.

23Jarek23
  • 23Jarek23

ya momma

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

Do you regret buying what will likely be Game of the Year 2013?

TLoU? Not at all. I don't regret buying GTA5 either though. 

• condor1605 likes this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

I am disappointed with Watch Dogs delay
it was my one and only last hope!

ArcaneKnight
  • ArcaneKnight

Unf*ckwitable

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:57 PM

R* should've stayed true to their roots. GTA online is a disappointment. I honestly don't even really play it, it's just not that fun. And with how much they inflated the pricing on car mods, takes way too long to get anything to even be able to enjoy the game. And they did it on purpose, there's no reason for it other than to get people to buy cash cards. With how much they were docking people for dying and charging for gun attachments and car mods, it was blatantly obvious what they were doing with online.

Atleast in GTA 4 I could choose Race.. Not get thrown into GTA races and have to continue backing in and out of games via GPS constantly wasting time. I liked how easy it was to pick your game mode, and back out of lobbies you didn't like and find a new one with relative ease. If you wanted free roam, then you had that option. Now you have to access everything via free roam. Yeah there's the quick game through your phone, but you still get thrown back into free roams where you then have to worry about depositing your race earnings before someone tries to come and kill you for it.

I won't be buying another R* game on day 1 again. I bought MP3 day 1 and less than 6 months later that game was like 14 bucks, I think it even sold on XBL one weekend for less than 10. R* lost a lot of respect, and this half million dollar front isn't about "paying fans back for their patience" it's about trying to lure people back to a game they effectively destroyed to the point nobody gives a sh*t about it anymore.

Good going R*.
  • NinjaWJ and KyleAElliott like this

DaTerror
  • DaTerror

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

Gta v was ok but disappointing. Gta online sucks, 4 patches and still f*cked up. R* can't even fix the mess they've made. These dumbasses are more interested in probably making other versions to sell more copies than fix this turd.
  • AtomicPunk likes this

jpalmer2004
  • jpalmer2004

Stop being an idiot!

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

R* should've stayed true to their roots. GTA online is a disappointment. I honestly don't even really play it, it's just not that fun. And with how much they inflated the pricing on car mods, takes way too long to get anything to even be able to enjoy the game. And they did it on purpose, there's no reason for it other than to get people to buy cash cards. With how much they were docking people for dying and charging for gun attachments and car mods, it was blatantly obvious what they were doing with online.
Atleast in GTA 4 I could choose Race.. Not get thrown into GTA races and have to continue backing in and out of games via GPS constantly wasting time. I liked how easy it was to pick your game mode, and back out of lobbies you didn't like and find a new one with relative ease. If you wanted free roam, then you had that option. Now you have to access everything via free roam. Yeah there's the quick game through your phone, but you still get thrown back into free roams where you then have to worry about depositing your race earnings before someone tries to come and kill you for it.
I won't be buying another R* game on day 1 again. I bought MP3 day 1 and less than 6 months later that game was like 14 bucks, I think it even sold on XBL one weekend for less than 10. R* lost a lot of respect, and this half million dollar front isn't about "paying fans back for their patience" it's about trying to lure people back to a game they effectively destroyed to the point nobody gives a sh*t about it anymore.
Good going R*.

You do know you can deposit money with your phone right?

Jimmy Darmody
  • Jimmy Darmody

Don

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:34 PM

Make a thread for fanboys to dickride the game and divide the forum in both.

Or simply have some respect and acceptence towards different opinions, wich would be a much easier way, as this thread is pointless and doesn't make you look any badass if that was your intention

• diesel47, Skitzo100, latigreblue and 1 other like this

Average white guy
  • Average white guy

Story Mode Fanatic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

GTA is not perfect, but I would say it is better than the previous titles.

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:40 PM Edited by lizardman563, 19 October 2013 - 04:41 PM.

Or simply have some respect and acceptence towards different opinions, wich would be a much easier way, as this thread is pointless and doesn't make you look any badass if that was your intention

You aren't entitled to anything, and that includes respect and acceptance. As it happens, you can't expect someone to respect your worthless opinion when it starts with "make a thread for fanboys to dickride the game and divide the forum"

Yeah, because obviously going "LOL COCKSTAR SUCKS LOL IF YOU LIKE THE GAME YOU ARE AN IDIOT" certainly doesn't divide the forums too or anything.

I have news for you. Everyone here, including you, and probably me too, is an idiot. We're going to be permanently divided because these forums suck, and everyone here does as well. The sad reality is, your side, more often than not, is the one doing the dividing, evident by the fact that you can't compliment this game without being called a "blind cockstar dickrider" by a bunch of entitled millenial twats with a need for feeling victimized. 

• Lock N' Stock likes this

Jimmy Darmody
  • Jimmy Darmody

Don

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:44 PM Edited by Jimmy Darmody, 19 October 2013 - 04:44 PM.

You aren't entitled to anything, and that includes respect and acceptance. As it happens, you can't expect someone to respect your worthless opinion when it starts with "make a thread for fanboys to dickride the game and divide the forum"

Yeah, because obviously going "LOL COCKSTAR SUCKS LOL IF YOU LIKE THE GAME YOU ARE AN IDIOT" certainly doesn't divide the forums too or anything.

I have news for you. Everyone here, including you, and probably me too, is an idiot. We're going to be permanently divided because these forums suck, and everyone here does as well. 

Yo!

The reason i said to make a fanboys thread was to balance this one. If someone opens a thread to "officialy complain" and evens posts a picture of a crying baby out of simple disrespect then it would make sense to open a thread to dickride the game as well, to make it balanced. That was the only point. 

But once again, respecting and accepting would be a much easier way, like i said.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

Jimmy, your words have touched me. Although, you have to realize, this is a catch-all thread because I've locked/deleted nearly ten horribly constructed hate threads in the past hour.

That said, lizard, if you can't post maturely I'm gonna have to ask you to leave.

• Jimmy Darmody likes this

illuminaughty
  • illuminaughty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

Don't regret buying it. Loved the single player story mode and finished it in record time (for me). The multiplayer side of things however . . . fantastic concept, great potential, but falling short through horrible implementation and bugginess. They fix one issue and make two more it seems. Hope they fix things before BF4 otherwise a lot of people, myself and my tiny crew included, will simply move on and forget about this game.

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

To be honest, I just think everyone who doesn't like V should, sell their copy and not visit this section at all, let all the IV fanboys stay in the IV section and so on..

• davetopper likes this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:51 PM Edited by Official General, 19 October 2013 - 04:52 PM.

In short like I've said many times. 

GTA V is an excellent game indeed, but it just was not as great as it should have been and for what it was made out to be. 

Another thing that really annoyed me about the game, was that it appears that Rockstar invested way too much time, effort and resources into the online multiplayer at the expense of the single player. I really feel that the SP would have been much better without that over-amibitious, complicated MP mode that is not really a flying success anyway. 

• cheetah_7 and QuietJosh like this

Jimmy Darmody
  • Jimmy Darmody

Don

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

Jimmy, your words have touched me. Although, you have to realize, this is a catch-all thread because I've locked/deleted nearly ten horribly constructed hate threads in the past hour.

That said, lizard, if you can't post maturely I'm gonna have to ask you to leave.

Okay, i understand your point now and am solidary with it  :^:

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

You know I'm right, as does the majority of the people here who are fed up with not being able to say anything positive about this game without 10 f*cking registered-in-september-or-august trolls coming around and going "you suck on the cock of cockstar ahahaha idiot!!"

But fine, I'll leave so you and Jimmy can discuss how critics of GTA V are the nicest people ever and they have never once attacked fans of GTA V once ever in the history of forever period. 

• SmoothGetaway likes this

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:06 PM

Well that would appear to be the exact opposite of my position, if the giant picture of a crying baby didn't tip you off. ;)

vashts1985
  • vashts1985

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:10 PM Edited by vashts1985, 19 October 2013 - 05:11 PM.

not really saying the game sucks. frankly i did get hours of enjoyment from it, these are just the few nitpicky things i have.

Annoying cop chases/ over zealous cops

its really not that hard to avoid the cops in most cases, and you can still respray cars to lose your wanted level (though there are alot of vehicles you cannot enter LSC with) it is very easy to obtain a wanted level accidentally and cop chases escalate to ramming tactics and helicopters quickly. the whole mechanic gets cumbersome and annoing quickly when you just want to move on with the game.

Lack of car/truck customization options/ flat out lack of customization for certain vehicles.

there are only a few cars in the game that have any body modifications, 90% of the vehicles in the game get the standard performance crap. big pet peeve is the lack of any sort of off road modifications for trucks ect. you want to build a good old jacked up hill climber, you are SOL unless you like the sandking. also big trucks are flat out not customizable. (personal opinion that they should be, though i understand if people think it is a non issue.) as well as most vans (how the F is the Burrito non customizable... i mean it boggles my mind.)

bad choice in drivetrain for some vehicles.

again, personal pet peeve. biggest example would be the Mesa. yes i know 2 wheel drive jeeps are out there, but 4 wheel drive jeeps our just as common. the Mesa off road was even a bigger blow being 2 wheel drive as well, as it should have been 4 wheel drive. there are 4 semi tractors in the game, all in a 10 wheel configuration. none of them are 3 axle drive.

Flight skill.

so i get my flight skill up to 100, and all planes an helicopters still spazz around like a ADHD 5 year old high on speed constantly. WTF. i get that you want it to feel "so real" but in the context of what GTA is, im not really interested in playing a flight sim. it really distracts from the feeling that you are accomplishing something when you can barely keep the nose forward.

Vehicle saving.

i know unlike previous GTA games, you have a better ability to keep certain vehicles for longer periods of time. i am thankful for that, but after playing SR, i really cant stand it. id much rather have a solid way to keep cars than hope your cherry pimped out ride does not get destroyed. . just let us perma save stuff already R*.

DaTerror
  • DaTerror

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:16 PM

You know I'm right, as does the majority of the people here who are fed up with not being able to say anything positive about this game without 10 f*cking registered-in-september-or-august trolls coming around and going "you suck on the cock of cockstar ahahaha idiot!!"

But fine, I'll leave so you and Jimmy can discuss how critics of GTA V are the nicest people ever and they have never once attacked fans of GTA V once ever in the history of forever period.

Everybody should be entitled to their opinion. But if you are having an issue with the game or don't like something they did with a patch, fanboys attack. Ppl who actually enjoy the game get attacked by ppl who don't.

This forum is full of 10 yr olds who shouldn't even be playing the game. And this jackass making this thread with that picture only proves me right.

Single player in this game lacked so they can focus the broken mp.
  • Skitzo100 likes this

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:21 PM

Maybe now it's all out of our systems? Any other complaints before we lock this up? (complaints about me will be ignored)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users