Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you wish there were more customization options for more cars?

44 replies to this topic
Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:43 PM

I'm not hating, I'm just criticizing. There are some cars that you can fully tune out like the Sultan, but then there are cars like the IV Oracle that cannot even be visually touched besides colors, rims, lights, and well nothing else. In IV there was an Irish Oracle and it looked touched up. Sucks that you cannot make the same thing in V because they were too lazy to even make the parts for it. I mean, if you're going to add customization, at least make an effort to add detailed customization to every car. I'd at least like a new bumper and sideskirt for the Oracle like in IV but no... I wish special variants of cars were back. :(

• illuminaughty likes this

hhamzah99
  • hhamzah99

Call me.. Heisenberg.

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

yeah pretty sad, but c'mon you can NOT call r* lazy.

PreciousWall
  • PreciousWall

Sophie Ellis-Bextor <3

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

has more customization than SA tho

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

At first I was surprised by how much customization was available. Lately though it seems like every other car you bring to L.S. Customs is void of options to customize. I must say, I just found out the Calvacade can have a custom speaker setup in the back (aesthetic benefit only, of course) so that was kind of cool.

And it hurts deeply that the Carbon RS cannot be modified nearly at all.

• Scaglietti likes this

tubevox1982
  • tubevox1982

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:58 PM

Maybe in the future they'll add more posibilities... anyway if you're a car customazation fan you've bought the wrong game IMO!

Silverbolt Wolf
  • Silverbolt Wolf

the resident furry

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

It would be cool if they release a dlc free or not called "The Midnight Club" just car customization pack
  • Android and tubevox1982 like this

JordCorner
  • JordCorner

Smoke Show

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

Yeah, the game is one of the most (if not THE most) incredible Sandbox games of it's time. You can't expect it to be exactly like the real world! 

I however feel there actually is quite a lot of customization; at least for the vehicles you purchase online. My Sandking is a death trap but it looks pretty nice of you ask me.  :lol:

WalterS_LV
  • WalterS_LV

One ticket to LS please

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

Yeah, was a dissapointment. When they sayd it wil be on par with MC:LA I was expecting full bodykits, neons, custom lights and atleast pre-made paintjobs, but all we got was what we see now. Still better than nothing though. But maybe they removed some parts since the console couldn`t handle it? Imagin all the parts that have to be loaded. 

Insincere
  • Insincere

Thug

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

Funny thing is that most of the visual customization from V was in IV. Every car had few components that randomly were applied to cars, like for ex. different grills, speaker setup (Calvacade), spoilers, roofs for convertibles etc. The only difference is that we couldn't choose/change that parts.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

It's pretty lame like a lot of things in the game. R* made this beautiful world with nothing in it. Not many missions, nothing at the prison, no interiors, dumbed-down car damage and handling, car mods,---the list goes on and on.

You'd think that there would be hover lights for vehicles and that the mods would be different for every vehicle. R* just added this quick half-assed version to keep people shut up.

Gutslab
  • Gutslab

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

has more customization than SA tho

That's a dumb comparison. It's like if I said at least V's driving is better than GTA III tho.

(And actually SA modding was pretty decent as many of the slow and normal cars had modding options and you could also use pc mods to add extra stuff to cars you normally couldn't.)

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:44 PM

It will never be enough for you. You are happier about cars in gta 4 than in gta 5. Im sorry for being rude but it will never be good enough for people like you. you choose to see the things that are not there and obsess about them forgetting the things that are.

• tubevox1982 likes this

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Street Cat

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:44 PM

Yeah I was SUPER dissappointed that you can't pimp the taxi. After I bought the business I wanted to set up my own taxi for missions received and general taxi mission...NOPE. If you wan't a taxi, you just have to drive the boring POSes rolling around LS. And I also found it dissappointing you couldn't convert some of the hard top's into a convertible.

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Street Cat

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:48 PM

It will never be enough for you. You are happier about cars in gta 4 than in gta 5. Im sorry for being rude but it will never be good enough for people like you. you choose to see the things that are not there and obsess about them forgetting the things that are.

Yes we should get on our knees and kiss R*'s a$$ for the few customizations allowed to us after their Press release got us hyped for more than a few per vehicle.

carnage.
  • carnage.

What color do you bleed?

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

I kicked a cardboard box all the way to a Los Santos Customs and I was pi**ed when I couldn't mod it. It didn't even open the garage door! What a joke game! So disappointed! 

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

PC or die'

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

Yeah it's annoying that Muscle and Super cars get all the nice customization options. I don't even really like Super cars that's much, I enjoy pumping out regular vehicles like my Narco blue Stainer. Things like a ramming grill upgrade would have been nice, or just more overall.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilitated Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

my only complain about the customization is the fact that they didnt add "bullet resistant" glass.

whats the point of having a fully armored car with bullet proof tires if i know that all i need to do is to shoot the glass in the drivers site and youre done.

my sandking would be a tank if we had bullet resistant glass.

Barcodee
  • Barcodee

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:58 PM Edited by Barcodee, 19 October 2013 - 03:03 PM.

I recently played through Saints Row the Third and you could do so much more in that older game. I have to say I was thoroughly disappointed by the car customizing in this game. Especially (these applies to all cars) tire/wheel size, amount of car being lowered or raised, interior color options etc. When these weren't included, and then I see all the options for color of tire smoke... I'm all o.0 k................... Of course specific cars in the game are seriously lacking as far as other mods go too.

The Rebel truck is the first that comes to mind (that smaller 2 door extended cab offroad toyota-esque truck). You can't change anything physical about the looks, it's redic

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:03 PM Edited by Tycek, 19 October 2013 - 03:05 PM.

The main issue with customisation in V is overhyping made by the previewers. All these talks about it being on par with MCLA and other things made people think I will be next best thing after sex. Truth is most of the options were already present in IV and some of the cars doesn't have anything at all (respray, wheels, turbo). 

It's not bad per se, but it could be a lot better (check Saints Row for example how it could be made). R* made step in right direction by actually trying to implement such a feature, so I hope they will make it bigger and better if not in add-on then definitely in next part. 

@Barcodee

Just grab the rusty version of the Rebel and you will be seriously surprised. Conversion into Baja Truck or Sandrail? Here you go!

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:04 PM

Yes we should get on our knees and kiss R*'s a$$ for the few customizations allowed to us after their Press release got us hyped for more than a few per vehicle.

No that's going further than what I said, if the game doesn't have what you want, its only logical to not purchase it or return it after you've seen that it doesn't have the features you want. Press release said hundreds and if you counted it has hundreds, just not the hundreds you wanted.

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Street Cat

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

my only complain about the customization is the fact that they didnt add "bullet resistant" glass.

whats the point of having a fully armored car with bullet proof tires if i know that all i need to do is to shoot the glass in the drivers site and youre done.

my sandking would be a tank if we had bullet resistant glass.

LOL, this as well. All the AI are crackshots and never hit the car (makes armor pointless)...they all go for the dome. I think once you get bulletproof tires the AI also knows this and stops shooting at tires.

And before people scream OP...he said BULLET RESISTANT. After a few shots it breaks that's not too OP especially when you are on Grove St and agro 20 gun-toten muthaf*kas

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Street Cat

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

No that's going further than what I said, if the game doesn't have what you want, its only logical to not purchase it or return it after you've seen that it doesn't have the features you want. Press release said hundreds and if you counted it has hundreds, just not the hundreds you wanted.

That's a weak a$$ response, but what I have come to expect from most around here. I have said GTA V is a good game, but it's the little things that count. Customization to being able to sell a vehicle at LS Customs in singleplayer all locked off and scaled down. It prevents it in my eyes from being great.

cityspud
  • cityspud

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

I kicked a cardboard box all the way to a Los Santos Customs and I was pi**ed when I couldn't mod it. It didn't even open the garage door! What a joke game! So disappointed! 

School boy error my friend... You have to park a car close enough to the garage door so it opens and quickly get out and kick the box in LS Customs. I got it in there and got it repaired, fixed the corners, folds, rips etc.. and then I added bubble wrap to the interior, parcel tape to seal seal it shut and changed the colour to white with black print. Felt smoother to kick as it was packed tight with bubble wrap and sprung off the foot faster too, so more distance per kick. Got some waterproofing for dat pesky rain too, yo! 

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:15 PM

School boy error my friend... You have to park a car close enough to the garage door so it opens and quickly get out and kick the box in LS Customs. I got it in there and got it repaired, fixed the corners, folds, rips etc.. and then I added bubble wrap to the interior, parcel tape to seal seal it shut and changed the colour to white with black print. Felt smoother to kick as it was packed tight with bubble wrap and sprung off the foot faster too, so more distance per kick. Got some waterproofing for dat pesky rain too, yo! 

I hated it because they dumbed down the box physics for these COD kids. Cockstar fails us yet again.

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

That's a weak a$$ response, but what I have come to expect from most around here. I have said GTA V is a good game, but it's the little things that count. Customization to being able to sell a vehicle at LS Customs in singleplayer all locked off and scaled down. It prevents it in my eyes from being great.

OK

plz honor me
  • plz honor me

that guy

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:16 PM Edited by plz honor me, 19 October 2013 - 03:22 PM.

Yeah, the game is one of the most (if not THE most) incredible Sandbox games of it's time. You can't expect it to be exactly like the real world! 

I however feel there actually is quite a lot of customization; at least for the vehicles you purchase online. My Sandking is a death trap but it looks pretty nice of you ask me.  :lol:

cough *minecraft*  cough 

nvm it is open sandbox

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:17 PM Edited by StingrayX, 19 October 2013 - 03:21 PM.

Funny thing is that most of the visual customization from V was in IV. Every car had few components that randomly were applied to cars, like for ex. different grills, speaker setup (Calvacade), spoilers, roofs for convertibles etc. The only difference is that we couldn't choose/change that parts.

Yeah most but not all. The Oracle like in my OP cannot be made like the Irish one in IV.

I hope for a customization DLC but I doubt it. I doubt any car DLC will come either unless its just for Online which is just f*cking stupid.

@Ola441, reading must be hard for you huh? Do me a favor and SHUT UP unless you know what the hell you're talking about. Why is there always some idiot in a thread who needs things broken down for them because they cannot comprehend the simplest of comments. I like customization in V but it could've been better. What, am I supposed to kiss their f*cking ass and be happy with every damn thing? God, what is your problem? You don't like opinions? Well grow up. :dozing:

cityspud
  • cityspud

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:21 PM

I hated it because they dumbed down the box physics for these COD kids. Cockstar fails us yet again.

Yeah, was slightly annoyed at these new box physics as well mate. I accidentally kicked my box at an old lady's head while she was crossing a busy road. Could of had my box repossessed that sh*t. 

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:21 PM

Yeah most but not all. The Oracle like in my OP cannot be made like the Irish one in IV.

I hope for a customization DLC but I doubt it. I doubt any car DLC will come either unless its just for Online which is just f*cking stupid.

@Ola441, reading must be hard for you huh? Do me a favor and SHUT UP unless you know what the hell you're talking about. Moron.

SHUT UP (in capitals if your don't agree with me) you smart devil you. I can get my irish oracle so the customization is sh*t and half assed. Are you 10?

PHOENIXZERO
  • PHOENIXZERO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:23 PM Edited by PHOENIXZERO, 19 October 2013 - 03:25 PM.

Customization is pretty disappointing but just another example of how you can't trust previews. Lack of bullet resistant glass is annoying and I'm almost certain at this point that customization (along with properties and probably other things) really were a last minute thing that they rushed into the game and partially why there was a delayed.

And are people really still going on about the damage modeling being "dumbed down"? It's not, vehicles are just much more durable though in most cases way more than they should be.

The AI being all god tier in terms of shooting is something that desperately needs to be addressed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users