Good sport/Bad sport

22 replies to this topic
sportbikepilot369
  • sportbikepilot369

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:20 PM

I hate this system for many reasons, but mainly for it being vague in nature. What actions specifically make one a "bad sport"? I know blowing up other players personal vehicles is one fast track to dunceville, but what else? Refusing to vote on jobs? If I join a race lobby and some tard has traffic on or it's a gta/rally race... does backing out before the race starts eventually get me a dunce cap? Is playing bumper cars in a non gta race a bad sport offence (please please please make it so)

And as for that dunce cap... the one player I've seen with seemed quite please with himself. And WTF, I thought that bad sport were only going to be matched up with other bad sport, how the hell did that ass get put into a lobby with players who are considered good sports? This threat of being banned to bad sport purgatory is the only reason I want to avoid the title.

So far I know these are bad sport offences, can you add any you know of?

1 Blowing up other players personal cars ( does killing someone in passive mode count?)

2 Rage quitting a job

SolidSnails
  • SolidSnails

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:40 PM

well apparently I am a bad sport so i would just like to say once you are in purgatory you are stuck in a endless loop past two days i have been casually driving got down to 10 hours and it randomly went back up to two days

smil0
  • smil0

<3

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:25 AM

I hate this system for many reasons, but mainly for it being vague in nature. What actions specifically make one a "bad sport"? [..]

LOL if rockstar would tell anybody you could easily avoid doing these things and never get a bad sport even if you are a bad sport. that would destroy the bad sport system. it is good if no one knows it!

iamtew
  • iamtew

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:04 PM

Is it possible to view some where if I'm considered a bad sport or not? 

LcplJarheadFi
  • LcplJarheadFi

<----- Enter Member Title Here

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:25 AM

I think they still have some bugs with the Bad Sport system. The only thing I hate, is the time randomly going back up, and not being able to join a friends private session.

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:51 AM Edited by BuyMeTheMoon, 21 October 2013 - 07:54 AM.

Quitting races, matches and missions is considered bad sport if you do it frequently.. I think you should get bad sport for killing people thats in passive mode, because as the situation is now; there is no use for passive mode, since people will do everything to kill you anyway. Unless you want to spend your time in free roam standing on balconies, stairs and on rooftops waiting.. 

Birch Tree
  • Birch Tree

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:34 PM

I believe this whole "Good Sport" and "Bad Sport" thing is stupid. It's bad enough you have to pay for their insurance but to not allow use to play with friends for a period of time is so stupid. And the reward you get for being a "Good Sport" is crap, it's only $1,000. An absolute garbage reward. Besides, isn't that the whole point of GTA, break real laws in a game for fun and get away with it? I've been a bad sport for 2 days which sucked since I couldn't play with friends. This whole system in short doesn't solve anything, people in "Bad Sport" lobbies just have Buzzards and Tanks and still blow up personal vehicles and kill people. I like to kill people because it's funny but the vehicles are just collateral damage. Rockstar should at the very least, make the "Good Sport" reward more money, like maybe $10k? It's hard not to do this, it really is.

SK1NJ0B
  • SK1NJ0B

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

there is no use for passive mode, since people will do everything to kill you anyway

After enabling it, try walking where ppl cant drive. Planters, rooftops, etc. I will stick to back alleys while on foot, and if someone approaches, hop on top of a car or wall or something. they will shoot at you and you can just give them the finger.

• BuyMeTheMoon likes this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:14 PM Edited by fw3, 04 November 2013 - 02:19 PM.

edited.

MrSirLanceAlot
  • MrSirLanceAlot

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:10 AM

This really just makes me want to rant about this subject, but i will keep it short. Its suppose to be FREE MODE so you can have fun with your buddies just f*cking around doing the things you cant actually do, but more like "FREE (this is suppose to be like real life now) MODE" where if you blow up a car or ditch a game because you died and dont feel like waiting 10-20 mintues for it to end then you get punished and stuck with the ruthless pricks. You know what i think. I think they should have made it to wjere if you didnt have the money to pay for the insurance THEN you get stuck with bad sport, and if you do do enough bad things then instead of a bad sport lobby, they should make that prison functional, have them all get stuck in there with no way out for one full day.
  • Treeburner67 likes this

Lord Fredinho
  • Lord Fredinho

Legends of Red Dead

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:55 AM

I got bad sport for disconnecting from 3 Deathmatches in a row...

the_samich
  • the_samich

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:41 AM

I was in a private session with a bad sport but no one else was bad sport. Is that possible or a bug?

boyerlicious
  • boyerlicious

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:43 PM

I got booted for being a bad sport, too many wusses complained evidently. They are worse than bad sports. This get a trophy for participating generation are a bunch of losers. I never(NEVER EVER), keep going after someone of lower level after I have killed them. Yet they can keep coming after you over and over (usually as I'm trying to get away). Then I will keep wasting them. This happened several times last night with the end result being them sending complaints and getting me booted. This is so obviously reverse bad sport discrimination, I'm still major pissed off 12 hours later. Rockstar needs to address this issue. There needs to be some way to filter or verify these whiny losers complaints before taking action against said offender. Also, online players should always be aware-if you go charging straight at someone-where almost everyone is an enemy, you will get killed. You can't complain because you got killed for going after or straight into the line of fire of someone that is just trying to get away or disengage. I'm no where near being a bad sport, in fact for this game I play too fair. Quit whining and go play at the little kids session, or buck up and play right.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:13 AM

The only issue I hae with it is that the game will NOT let me invite one of my friends to my games because he is a bad sport.  -_-  I SHOULD BE ABLE TO INVITE ANYONE I WANT!!!!

boyerlicious
  • boyerlicious

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:22 PM

Rockstar, I am impressed. I could be wrong but it seems as if you have fixed the problem in probably the best way available. On more than one occasion I have seen an entire room cleared. Let the whiners move some times lol. Nice move.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:44 PM

That just means you lagged out and for everyone else you apear to be the one that left. They are all still in the same session and you were made solo.

As for the bad sport thing, i have blown up my share of vehicles, left hundreds of job lobbies but not after the job launches, repeatedly killed enemies and just in general played without worrying about what is good or bad and I have never seen a bad sport lobby. In fact I regularly get good sport money. If you regularly complete jobs it basically cancels out your bad actions assuming your not rampaging on a whole lobby of player vehicles at once.

As for the bad sport in a normal lobby...they keep thier hats when they get out and can wear them whenever they like.

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:56 PM

I hate that you can get put in the bad sport lobby for doing things that aren't your fault, for example, if I'm hunting a bounty in my buzzard and he's driving his car, I'm going to blow him up with missiles personal vehicle or no. Or when I'm in a tank and a player repeatedly rams his car into my tank just to get me put into the bad sport lobby is another flaw showing in this system. 

Just last night I was playing when three players (possibly in the same crew I don't know) decided to team up against me. I was mopping the floor with them of course, until one decided to glitch himself in such a way that he was invisible and I, completely unable to target or shoot him. Almost as though he were in passive mode except able to shoot and be not visible on the radar or at all for that matter.

Rockstar sucks.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:07 PM

Sit still in the tank when someone drives near...does not tally as bad sport.

Killing a bounty in thier personal car used to not be bad...did they change that?

Blowing up one or two cars a night is not enough to be bad sport assuming your also doing a few jobs and missions. If your entire existance is sitting in FM battling people it will likely add up though.

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:11 PM Edited by I.haigh, 26 November 2013 - 02:14 PM.

Well to be fair I spend most of my time doing missions, then I take some time to free roam and if anyone messes with me I go after them. I actually didn't know blowing up someone's personal vehicle when they have a bounty didn't count towards bad sport points, I still get the warning and have to pay whenever I do it though.

I don't enjoy just going around screwing other players over but I certainly have my fun when they egg me on. It's just too much fun to kill someone 20 times in a row after they killed you, thinking they're clever and trying to get away. Hahahaha always good fun.

Not sure what the hell happened with this post but here you go.

Kano Giovanni
  • Kano Giovanni

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:04 PM Edited by Kano Giovanni, 26 November 2013 - 09:06 PM.

At what point in the mission can you quit without being labeled as a 'Bad Sport'? I sign up for random missions all the time. Some I like, some I don't. I usually quit right at the very beginning where their recruiting players. Does that still constitute a 'Bad Sport' ?

And if it does, how can you tell if your character is currently labeled as a 'Bad Sport' anyways?

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:18 PM

Once it launches quitting is going to throw off mission balance and therefore screws other players and is bad. Quitting from the setup lobby or the end voting screen is ok.

hmuphwr
  • hmuphwr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:52 PM

Is it possible to view some where if I'm considered a bad sport or not? 

yeah, go to start, online, players, and then hover over your name. A picture of your character appears on the right with all of his/her stats. Above those will be whether your are a good or bad 'sport'. 

boyerlicious
  • boyerlicious

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:42 PM

Nah Luap it is actually most or all leaving, it's easy enough to see. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users