» «
Photo

"Bad Sport" Questions and fixes

22 replies to this topic
ShapelessHorr0r
  • ShapelessHorr0r

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:04 PM Edited by ShapelessHorr0r, 20 October 2013 - 03:40 PM.

1. what actions make you into a "bad sport"

2. will this be tweaked as the mechanic (from what I've gathered) is broken.

eg. doesn't affect invite only sessions

eg. have a "foregive" option if you are killed or your car is destroyed by said player (they'll still pay for the insurance/hospital fees)

eg. Have a "bad sport" voting system in which player can manually report players who are being "bad sports." These votes aren't bad sport tally marks. Let's say it took 20 votes over the course of 2 days for those votes to add up to a tally mark. If the votes don't = 20 by the end of 2 days, no tally mark is recieved.

eg. geared more towards excessive destruction/killing instead of the random once-an-hour kill

• Expertninja likes this

FoolCool
  • FoolCool

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

What gets me is you get auto voted bad sport, but players have to manually commend you!

• Vaymasters likes this

ShapelessHorr0r
  • ShapelessHorr0r

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:30 AM Edited by ShapelessHorr0r, 20 October 2013 - 02:31 AM.

What gets me is you get auto voted bad sport, but players have to manually commend you!

It really sucks when devs have great, innovative ideas but implements them horribly.

A great example of this is the suppression mechanic in BF3.

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

DONE.

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:59 AM

'(X) Report xXsn1p3rk1dXx as bad sport' during 'Wasted' screen, not pressing X leaves them without a mark on their name. You're welcome, Rockstar.
  • Sticky Pads likes this

ShapelessHorr0r
  • ShapelessHorr0r

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:37 AM

'(X) Report xXsn1p3rk1dXx as bad sport' during 'Wasted' screen, not pressing X leaves them without a mark on their name. You're welcome, Rockstar.

Then it would probably get abused by mad players.

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

DONE.

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

Then don't blow up people you don't know, for little or no reason. Casual destruction among friends, however, would no longer be a problem. Lots of things can be abused by mad nerds and the only solution is to avoid them. Case in point - getting kicked from Left 4 Dead 2 lobbies by baddies who fail to teamkill you and vote you out while they die.

ShapelessHorr0r
  • ShapelessHorr0r

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:33 PM Edited by ShapelessHorr0r, 20 October 2013 - 03:40 PM.

Well simply saying "oh well" to a problem is, in my opinion, a bad idea. I think excessive killing should only affect bad sport marks.

Say maybe...4 kills (mst be random people, not some derp coming for revenge) in a day....or.....after you kill x amount of players (no time cut off), say 20.

If you hit one of these ceilings the police will label you as a serial killer. That would put a high bounty on you (out of your pocket).

See, there are fixes everywhere.

PS: The game is called Grand Theft Auto, the series that prides itself on killing, huge worlds, violence with military grade hardware, decent AI, drugs, loss, and stealing . Simply saying "derp herp, you can't do that because it's not fun to others" is stupid. Yes, being a troll and just annoying people is wrong, but give us something.

For the record: I haven't killed anyone yet or stolen a personal car.

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

DONE.

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:41 PM

At what point did I say, "oh well"? I suggested a practical solution that encourages players to be cautious about wanton, pointless idiot behaviour and allows mature people to engage in carnage with wild abandon when playing with friends. In other words, more or less the same way a 'bad sport' type system has been implemented in countless other games.

ShapelessHorr0r
  • ShapelessHorr0r

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:35 PM Edited by ShapelessHorr0r, 20 October 2013 - 10:38 PM.

"Then don't blow up people you don't know, for little or no reason" = "oh well"

Refer to the PS statement above in my 4th comment. I should be able to kill you without consequence (aside from police, friends, gangs, you yourself, etc.) regardless if you're my friend or not. However, if I continue to kill others excessively (mentioned this word countless times), then yes, there should be consequences. Random once-in-a-blue-moon muggings shouldn't earn you a bad sport reputation though.

This is Grand Theft Auto Online (Refer to the PS statement above in my 4th comment), not My Little Pony Online.

(For the record: I haven't killed anyone yet and recently recieved the "good sport" reward)

ShapelessHorr0r
  • ShapelessHorr0r

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:00 AM

Bbbbbbbbbbuuuump

Expertninja
  • Expertninja

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:09 AM

GTA 5 Online RANT! (Bad Sport and Death Penalty)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=RzwcesuaPRc

Please Watch

ShapelessHorr0r
  • ShapelessHorr0r

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:17 PM

bump

cfrostyscriv
  • cfrostyscriv

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:19 AM

its a little random to be honest i think, so long as you dont go on a massive car destroying session, blew my freinds cars up last night alot, got the warning then an hour later blew one up again and got a $1000 good sport right after.

Just stop when you get that final warning and wait for about an hour.

(we were in invite only session and having fun killing and destroying each other, just to clarify i wasnt being an ass lol)

Dr__Gonzo__95
  • Dr__Gonzo__95

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:08 AM

I think that the bad sport mechanism needs to be tweeked a fair bit.

But then I think Passive Mode should be tweeked as well.

Currently if you get killed you can go into a one on one deathmatch, go in to  passive mode or respawn faster.

I think Passive mode should provide a level of invulnerability to the player and their insured car, where neither can be damaged from other players weapons, or pretty much be impervious to damage in any way.

But if the player wants to do anything like steal a car or enter any kind of job then passive mode is disabled immediately.

This will help those that just want to cruise around in a public lobby.

As for bad sport, I think it needs to be for consistent repeat offenders. I think it's good that the offending player foots the insurance bill when destroying a car, but I think if you target a player or group of players in a single session and repeatedly destroy their vehicles then that should label you a bad sport.

But the game is Grand Theft Auto, there is supposed to be guns, violence and killing.

ShapelessHorr0r
  • ShapelessHorr0r

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

Exactly

Vaymasters
  • Vaymasters

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:28 AM

How ever they change it, they need to certainly remove the "bad sport" point gained by leaving a mission early. My buddy got a point when me and him were duoing a mission and his PS3 froze right at the end, on my screen it showed he got money and rep, but he didn't and instead got 1 point.

Maybe R* should have consulted MMO developers before implementing ANYTHING like this.

ShapelessHorr0r
  • ShapelessHorr0r

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

How ever they change it, they need to certainly remove the "bad sport" point gained by leaving a mission early. My buddy got a point when me and him were duoing a mission and his PS3 froze right at the end, on my screen it showed he got money and rep, but he didn't and instead got 1 point.

Maybe R* should have consulted MMO developers before implementing ANYTHING like this.

Yep

truffleshuffle03
  • truffleshuffle03

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

that happened to me. I kept freezing up doing missions today and when I gave up doing missions I wanted to drive my tank around and low and behold one idiot tried to drive into me which blows up his car which in turn makes me into a bad sport for 3 freaking days. Players already pay for the cars they blow up and if a player uses a personal car to attack other players there should not be a bad sport thing because he got his car blown up while attacking someone.  I can understand some kind of punishment for just relentlessly killing someone but being put in a bad sport only server because a car gets blown up in a fight is a bit much. I mean you get bad sport for getting kicked, leaving missions, and blowing up cars. There needs some tweaking done to this.

Sticky Pads
  • Sticky Pads

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

Sounds good!!

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

DONE.

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:41 AM Edited by chainsoar, 24 October 2013 - 08:44 AM.

"Then don't blow up people you don't know, for little or no reason" = "oh well"

Refer to the PS statement above in my 4th comment. I should be able to kill you without consequence (aside from police, friends, gangs, you yourself, etc.) regardless if you're my friend or not. However, if I continue to kill others excessively (mentioned this word countless times), then yes, there should be consequences. Random once-in-a-blue-moon muggings shouldn't earn you a bad sport reputation though.

This is Grand Theft Auto Online (Refer to the PS statement above in my 4th comment), not My Little Pony Online.

(For the record: I haven't killed anyone yet and recently recieved the "good sport" reward)

Seems like you have problems with reading comprehension.

By the way, you apparently have no idea what you're complaining about. Killing other players doesn't get you bad sport. Neither does mugging them, stealing their car, etc etc. Blowing up their personal vehicle and quitting games early gets you bad sport marks.

Please stop disregarding the endless spawnkilling of 12 year old idiots camping LS Customs with the assault shotgun they bought with glitched cash as "IT'S GTA LOL GET OVER IT". By your logic if I teamkill my friends endlessly in Call of Duty I could say "IT'S A WARGAME LOL GET OVER IT IT'S ABOUT KILLING". Yes, it's GTA. A game about professional criminals. Not reckless f*cktards who blow entire city blocks to sh*t with an attack chopper, cackling with glee and yelling "fagfagfagfag lol urbad fag ima play this til bf4 comes out then rape u ther 2 fag lol fagfag".

You know what would happen if people didn't get bad sport for blowing up your car? You'd never see anyone online except your friends, because no one would go near public games due to their car detonating every 15 seconds.

tl;dr once again, clearly definable line between PVP and f*cking idiocy.

ShapelessHorr0r
  • ShapelessHorr0r

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:13 PM

Thank you. I thought killing people got bad sport points.

trickstar1992
  • trickstar1992

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:40 AM

eg. have a "foregive" option if you are killed or your car is destroyed by said player (they'll still pay for the insurance/hospital fees)

eg. Have a "bad sport" voting system in which player can manually report players who are being "bad sports." These votes aren't bad sport tally marks. Let's say it took 20 votes over the course of 2 days for those votes to add up to a tally mark. If the votes don't = 20 by the end of 2 days, no tally mark is recieved.

eg. geared more towards excessive destruction/killing instead of the random once-an-hour kill

I think you've got some really great ideas here. Bad sport has affected me even when it's only been harmless fun between friends so I think Rockstar does have to look at the mechanic again and fix some of the issues people are having.

ShapelessHorr0r
  • ShapelessHorr0r

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:19 AM

I think you've got some really great ideas here. Bad sport has affected me even when it's only been harmless fun between friends so I think Rockstar does have to look at the mechanic again and fix some of the issues people are having.

Thank you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users