Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA V vs Other GTA games

70 replies to this topic

Poll: Favorite GTA (167 member(s) have cast votes)

Which one is better?

1. GTA V (131 votes [78.44%])

Percentage of vote: 78.44%

2. GTA IV (36 votes [21.56%])

Percentage of vote: 21.56%

Which one is better?

1. GTA V (106 votes [63.47%])

Percentage of vote: 63.47%

2. GTA SA (61 votes [36.53%])

Percentage of vote: 36.53%

Which one is better?

1. GTA V (87 votes [52.10%])

Percentage of vote: 52.10%

2. GTA SA (39 votes [23.35%])

Percentage of vote: 23.35%

3. GTA IV (21 votes [12.57%])

Percentage of vote: 12.57%

4. GTA VC (13 votes [7.78%])

Percentage of vote: 7.78%

5. GTA III (7 votes [4.19%])

Percentage of vote: 4.19%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

Wait just realised your name ^^ forget I said anything not gonna waste my time.

LcplJarheadFi
  • LcplJarheadFi

<----- Enter Member Title Here

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:07 PM Edited by LcplJarheadFi, 21 October 2013 - 09:07 PM.

*V is much better than SA. The latter is one of the overrated GTA games.

No surprise there coming from a certified San Andreas hater. You are one of those certain guys on here who are just mad that SA is so overwhelmingly popular with GTA fans, and still is preferred over newer GTAs like your dearly, beloved Niko and GTA IV. But it's all good, you are entitled to your personal opinion. 

@ Flexx

* I'm not joking at all bro. GTA IV actually was better in certain areas than GTA V. For starters, IV has a better storyline and much more interesting and intriguing set of non-protagonist characters. IV has better immersion and interaction with it's city environment, it actually more accessible interiors than Los Santos in V. In my view, I preferred the gunshot sounds of IV to V. V is better, just not by much, that's just my view. 

* Vice City is my favorite GTA and I think it's slightly better than SA, but only just. My favorite GTA protagonist is Tommy Vercetti, and I just loved the whole Miami style-setting, 1980s vibe, it's then-new features were groundbreaking and the storyline was brilliant ALL the way through. It just an all-round excellent game. SA was very similar to VC in all aspects, apart from the storyline which was good for most part, but got a bit stale and silly in certain areas. But make no mistake, I have a massive amount of admiration and respect for SA, it's easily my second favorite GTA. 

LOL. GTAIV had a terrible story in comparison with V. Onine was the only thing that kept it floating for so long.

• ten-a-penny likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Union Of Flesh And Machine

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:09 PM

GTA4 was one of the worst online games of it's generation. The fact the game even had an online component was an abomination. R* has obviously seen how online gaming has grown and has tried to address that. Hence, GTAO. However, it has been a bumpy ride so far. They're best game to date in every aspect is RDR - a true masterpiece.

GTA4 has one of the best multiplayer/online systems. Honestly, the only thing it really needed is more or custom game modes, more interactivity in free mode without being annoying, all vehicles available, basically even more freedom. It doesn't have any of the sh*tty xp points popups, exaggerated slipstream, catch up bullsh*t, and it let players be competitive. It was all about skill.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:14 PM Edited by Official General, 21 October 2013 - 09:14 PM.

*V is much better than SA. The latter is one of the overrated GTA games.

No surprise there coming from a certified San Andreas hater. You are one of those certain guys on here who are just mad that SA is so overwhelmingly popular with GTA fans, and still is preferred over newer GTAs like your dearly, beloved Niko and GTA IV. But it's all good, you are entitled to your personal opinion. 

@ Flexx

* I'm not joking at all bro. GTA IV actually was better in certain areas than GTA V. For starters, IV has a better storyline and much more interesting and intriguing set of non-protagonist characters. IV has better immersion and interaction with it's city environment, it actually more accessible interiors than Los Santos in V. In my view, I preferred the gunshot sounds of IV to V. V is better, just not by much, that's just my view. 

* Vice City is my favorite GTA and I think it's slightly better than SA, but only just. My favorite GTA protagonist is Tommy Vercetti, and I just loved the whole Miami style-setting, 1980s vibe, it's then-new features were groundbreaking and the storyline was brilliant ALL the way through. It just an all-round excellent game. SA was very similar to VC in all aspects, apart from the storyline which was good for most part, but got a bit stale and silly in certain areas. But make no mistake, I have a massive amount of admiration and respect for SA, it's easily my second favorite GTA. 

LOL. GTAIV had a terrible story in comparison with V. Onine was the only thing that kept it floating for so long.

GTA IV's story had it's flaws, but overall it was very good - I loved the dealings with the Russian Mob, The Mafia, the Irish Mob, Albanians and the Playboy-Dwayne Forge fallout. GTA V's storyline was good too, but a chunk of it got ruined by that corrupt cop/FIB part, I thought that was the most boring part of the game, and it just went on for much longer than it should have. 

• Lock N' Stock likes this

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:29 PM Edited by RockstarFanboy, 21 October 2013 - 11:30 PM.

Wait just realised your name ^^ forget I said anything not gonna waste my time.

what a lame excuse to leave because you don't have arguments... bye :)

TheGTAone
  • TheGTAone

Piβwasser Founder

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:40 PM

Chinatown Wars is the best GTA ever. GTA V is a sh*t.

- In Chinatown you could sell drugs, in V you couldn't.

- In Chinatown the camera was up, in V it wasn't.

- In Chinatown there was a Flamethrower and a Chainsaw, but in GTA V they were cutted.

- A epic story in Chinatown, a horrible and boring story in V.

- In V you can only fly airplanes, a big map, and the rest, and in Chinatown there was going to be that, but Rockstar cutted for hardware limitations.

So in conclusion, Chinatown the BEST GTA of all time (GOTY), then SA, then VC, then IV. Finally V.

lol 

Trevor's Shaved Head
  • Trevor's Shaved Head

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:54 PM Edited by Trevor's Shaved Head, 22 October 2013 - 02:45 PM.

I absolutely love GTAV. It has it's flaws, but if anyone thinks any of the GTA games are perfect, they're seeing things through clouded eyes. 

GTA III was a lot of fun, and a game changer, but story-wise I wasn't exactly exhilarated. But it was hours of fun just creating havoc.

GTA VC had such a great setting, and score, that it remains one of the more memorable games IMO. Some of it's story and missions left a lot to be desired however, and it's always felt incredibly small-scale. 

GTA SA was a huge step forward. So many things to do, so many avenues in which to expand the gaming experience. Only, I cared not one iota for the main protagonist. CJ was interesting to a point, but I just wasn't hooked, but I played forward and enjoyed it quite a bit.

GTA IV was slop IMO. I was excited for it at first. The prospect of a next-gen GTA, especially considering what had been done with SA. Once I started playing it, I was immediately disengaged by the story, and the visuals weren't anything I'd call great (NYC is a gritty place, but this game was DRAB). 

Nico and the whole European/Russian mob/mafia angle bored me to death. I had to force myself to play the missions; just to see what came next, just to see if something - ANYTHING changed. No dice. I've not played the expansion packs, though I'm told they were excellent.

I did however play the hell out of GTA IV online. I would still be playing it were it not for the hacking that takes place. I like carnage, but the cheating and modding is ridiculous and those that participate in it should be sent into the sun.

GTA V has been incredibly fun. The story has been engaging, with each character offering something different. The visuals are incredible, and the setting - back to California - has been amazing. As I said, it's flawed, and there are a lot of little things I would rather have seen than some of the added features we did get (more interior space for starters...where's my cluckin' bell?). But as it stands, it's been my favourite GTA ride to date.

The ending left a lot to be desired for me though. But after RDR, I really had to be wowed and just wasn't.

I'm not beholden to games from the past. So many people view games they loved with rose coloured glasses and refuse to enjoy anything current (the same can be said for film and music). I certainly don't hold GTA V to be untouchable, but I'm also not going to take a dump on it simply because I had a good time playing a GTA game 7 years ago. Those games were fun and I've moved on.

I'm very interested to see what happens with GTA V going forward, and I haven't had anytime in the online arena yet, and I'm very much looking forward to that.

• Lock N' Stock likes this

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:34 PM

Chinatown Wars is the best GTA ever. GTA V is a sh*t.

- In Chinatown you could sell drugs, in V you couldn't.

- In Chinatown the camera was up, in V it wasn't.

- In Chinatown there was a Flamethrower and a Chainsaw, but in GTA V they were cutted.

- A epic story in Chinatown, a horrible and boring story in V.

- In V you can only fly airplanes, a big map, and the rest, and in Chinatown there was going to be that, but Rockstar cutted for hardware limitations.

So in conclusion, Chinatown the BEST GTA of all time (GOTY), then SA, then VC, then IV. Finally V.

lol 

hahahahah I thought you were actually serious until I've read the last line

God Of GTAO
  • God Of GTAO

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:36 PM

GTAIV has 'the magic'

GTAV is amazing and i love it but there is no denying that it's missing that something you can't express in words, GTAIV had it.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

GTA V might be my second favourite GTA, just below Vice City and slightly above or on the same level as San Andreas.

fac316
  • fac316

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:54 PM

V is better then IV because its what I wanted it to be: AN IMPROVEMENT ON IV, while some people wanted the entire world. V is better then SA because those games from that era to me feel too arcadey. The III era games had better radio stations/commercials. Vice City is my favorite game of all time, best story, soundtrack, ambience, and lead protag.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users