Photo

GTA Online "Bad Sport" Petition

238 replies to this topic
FrostKnivEz
  • FrostKnivEz

Just epicly epic me

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:36 PM

If you don't like people causing chaos in a game which is popular because of chaos, go play the sims or something. This is GTA, of course people are going to blow up your car and kill you, you don't like it? Play another game, simple as that.

Well, the fact that you are making a petition trying to change something you don't like is kind of funny when you make a statement like that.

I mean if you don't like getting bad sports for blowing up personal cars you should play another game..Right?

But the point is, this is Grand Theft Auto. The reason I buy GTA games is for the chaos, blowing up sh*t and having fun doing so, not for a boring realistic world with it's own laws.

fullmetal5550
  • fullmetal5550

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:53 PM

If you don't like people causing chaos in a game which is popular because of chaos, go play the sims or something. This is GTA, of course people are going to blow up your car and kill you, you don't like it? Play another game, simple as that.

Well, the fact that you are making a petition trying to change something you don't like is kind of funny when you make a statement like that.

I mean if you don't like getting bad sports for blowing up personal cars you should play another game..Right?

But the point is, this is Grand Theft Auto. The reason I buy GTA games is for the chaos, blowing up sh*t and having fun doing so, not for a boring realistic world with it's own laws.

Except they are the laws Rockstar want in their game. It is Rockstar's world, not yours. If they want it to be boring and realistic that is their right to put into their game. If you don't like it go and play another game. Saints Row IV lets you blow up as much crap as you want and does little to punish you. 

• BurningChrome likes this

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:21 AM

Except they are the laws Rockstar want in their game. It is Rockstar's world, not yours. If they want it to be boring and realistic that is their right to put into their game. If you don't like it go and play another game. Saints Row IV lets you blow up as much crap as you want and does little to punish you. 

Except that Rockstar has stated that they want all feedback about what we like and don't like. And Bad Sport is definitely in the "dont' like" category.

Honestly, what does Bad Sport actually accomplish? Does it stop people from blowing up personal vehicle? No ... because I've had mine blown up several times. Does it stop people from being spawn-killed? No, happens all the time. Does it stop a group of friends from getting into one car and hunting down a single player until they leave? No. 

There are so many worse things that you can do in this car than blow up a personal car. Plus, it doesn't make any sense to have a bounty system in place and then punish you if you defend yourself by using a grenade while someone is chasing you and has the upper hand.

In fact, the Bad Sport system is easy to abuse, especially when you force someone to blow up your vehicle  while defending themselves. Or the guy who gets into a mission, kills you so that you have to spectate, and then just runs around the map until you finally get fed up and leave.

The system is both broken and stupid.

Sloths
  • Sloths

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:30 AM Edited by Sloths, 04 November 2013 - 01:31 AM.

FCUK EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU BAD SPORT ASHSOLES!!! Im sick of you siht bags constantly blowing up me and my crew members when we're just cruising around or drifting, trying to have a good time. YOU BAD SPORTS NEED TO QUIT CRYING LIKE LITTLE BICTHES JUST BECAUSE YOU ASHSOLES ARE STUCK PLAYING WITH OTHER ASHSOLES WHO LIKE BLOWING PEOPLE UP!

OR MAYBE we are just protecting our self from others, and blowing up their car is the best way to do it. Ever thought of that? No of course not.

Don't like being labeled a bad sport than go play another game. You people complaining about this are pathetic. Just play the game how you want and take the damn penalty. 
How can one simply "play another game" when he/she paid sixty dollars and, is obligated to play and complain? You're in no place to tell someone what to do.

razorsharkhead
  • razorsharkhead

Cockstar Employee

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:42 AM

Hate how people are telling you to go out of your way to not blow up someones car.

OH NO! SOMEONE IS CHASING ME IN A CAR. Let me just turn around in my car going 100 MPH and take a few wild shots. Or better yet, let me just swing around behind the car and try to shoot out all of its tires.

Like no. If someone is chasing me in a car guess what? I'm throwing a sticky bomb that was provided for me.

Also Are you really going to make tanks purchasable and then punish people for using them R?

fullmetal5550
  • fullmetal5550

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:43 AM

FCUK EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU BAD SPORT ASHSOLES!!! Im sick of you siht bags constantly blowing up me and my crew members when we're just cruising around or drifting, trying to have a good time. YOU BAD SPORTS NEED TO QUIT CRYING LIKE LITTLE BICTHES JUST BECAUSE YOU ASHSOLES ARE STUCK PLAYING WITH OTHER ASHSOLES WHO LIKE BLOWING PEOPLE UP!

OR MAYBE we are just protecting our self from others, and blowing up their car is the best way to do it. Ever thought of that? No of course not.

Don't like being labeled a bad sport than go play another game. You people complaining about this are pathetic. Just play the game how you want and take the damn penalty. 
How can one simply "play another game" when he/she paid sixty dollars and, is obligated to play and complain? You're in no place to tell someone what to do.

You open your console, take game out of console, insert other game disc, and now you're playing another game.

How about you tell this to everyone on the internet who tells someone else what to do. Almost everyone on the internet tells someone else what to do. You saying this isn't going to stop me or anyone else. In fact, I can be with at least 99.9% certainty that you have told someone else what to do over the internet. 

Except that Rockstar has stated that they want all feedback about what we like and don't like. And Bad Sport is definitely in the "dont' like" category.

Honestly, what does Bad Sport actually accomplish? Does it stop people from blowing up personal vehicle? No ... because I've had mine blown up several times. Does it stop people from being spawn-killed? No, happens all the time. Does it stop a group of friends from getting into one car and hunting down a single player until they leave? No. 

There are so many worse things that you can do in this car than blow up a personal car. Plus, it doesn't make any sense to have a bounty system in place and then punish you if you defend yourself by using a grenade while someone is chasing you and has the upper hand.

In fact, the Bad Sport system is easy to abuse, especially when you force someone to blow up your vehicle  while defending themselves. Or the guy who gets into a mission, kills you so that you have to spectate, and then just runs around the map until you finally get fed up and leave.

What's stupid is how people are getting so angry over this. I have killed over a dozen other players in cars and never once blew one up. it's not that hard to shoot them through the windshield. 

Mugetsu
  • Mugetsu

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:44 AM

No whats worse is when your on a mission and cars get blown up. Either they are in the way or it was an accident it clunts as a bad sport. Makes no f**** sense

Sloths
  • Sloths

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:45 AM

You open your console, take game out of console, insert other game disc, and now you're playing another game.

How about you tell this to everyone on the internet who tells someone else what to do. Almost everyone on the internet tells someone else what to do. You saying this isn't going to stop me or anyone else. In fact, I can be with at least 99.9% certainty that you have told someone else what to do over the internet. 

What's stupid is how people are getting so angry over this. I have killed over a dozen other players in cars and never once blew one up. it's not that hard to shoot them through the windshield. 

I tell every soul to not command people around, especially if the person who's being commanded has the obligated right for doing whatever they are doing.

So again. Why should any soul listen to you? They have the right to complain about features when they paid 60$ for having fun.

fullmetal5550
  • fullmetal5550

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:58 AM

I honestly don't care what you have to say. People complaining about bad sport are stupid and need to get a f*cking life. If being a bad sport really effects them this much it really shows how pathetic their lives are. 

Also, you're a hypocrite and I'm done with you and this thread. Bad Sport is going to stay and no stupid f*cking petition is going to get it removed, So either grow a and accept the punishment or cry like a bitch and play another game. 

Sloths
  • Sloths

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:40 AM

I honestly don't care what you have to say. People complaining about bad sport are stupid and need to get a f*cking life. If being a bad sport really effects them this much it really shows how pathetic their lives are. 

Also, you're a hypocrite and I'm done with you and this thread. Bad Sport is going to stay and no stupid f*cking petition is going to get it removed, So either grow a and accept the punishment or cry like a bitch and play another game. 

How can you tell them to get a life? What position are you in to say? You need to get a life, I need to get a life, we all need to get a life.

IXBillyXI
  • IXBillyXI

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:07 AM Edited by IXBillyXI, 04 November 2013 - 05:07 AM.

Funny thing is I have seen no one complain about being killed by sticky bombs in GTA4 in either a friendly fire off or on lobby. I would of been that way still in GTA5 if they had a friendly fire off and on lobbies. Passive mode is basically your friendly fire off and on lobby so that can stay. Bad sport system is overall bad and shouldn't stay the way it is. It either needs to be changed or removed but NOT TO STAY like it is in its current state. If this bad sport system never existed then people wouldn't be complaining like they are now. Even with tanks running around people wouldn't complain like this.

Sloths
  • Sloths

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:23 AM

How can you tell them to get a life? What position are you in to say? You need to get a life, I need to get a life, we all need to get a life.

HBSanta
  • HBSanta

Pegassi Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:35 AM

I'm a level 93 and I've never been in a bad sport lobby and I've blown up my fair share of personal vehicles.  You just have to not be a complete moron about it.  When the game tells you to stop blowing up cars, stop blowing up cars.  The bad sport system is perfect the way it is.  Separates the douchebags from the super douchebags.

ComicBookGuy
  • ComicBookGuy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:55 AM Edited by ComicBookGuy, 18 December 2013 - 10:57 AM.

So don't be a dick, don't blow up players' cars. The game isn't exclusively about randomly killing people like call of duty...if you want to kill people, go play deathmatch. If you want to blow up cars, play a race with weapons on. It irritates the hell outta me when i'm offroading near Mt Chiliad with, drag racing at the airport, getting chased by cops with some friends alongside me, or just trying to have fun in my way, and some idiot comes up and tries to blow us up with sticky bombs, even without bounties on any of our heads... If you act a fool, you're going to be put with the other fools, then you can kill all the people you like.

. Except it doesn't work like that.
They send one of yours to the hospital.....
If I'm minding my own business and u drive up and shoot at me... I will blow you up.
Don't like it?
Don't shoot at me.

jdwarfer
  • jdwarfer

Soldier

• Members
  • France

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:19 AM

I don't approve this sh*t. 

I approve the bad sport system. So take this petition and stick it up... somewhere, where the sun light never goes.

therealBOZEEL
  • therealBOZEEL

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:26 AM

i blew up a guys car 3 times because he was trying to troll/grief me. logged off for a few days, get back on and not only am i in the cheater pool for 4 days but my bank account is empty. thanks R* wont be playing your increasingly sh*tty game anymore

Kazandra
  • Kazandra

serial killer

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:33 AM

This game is not about just "doing whatever you want to do and getting away with it".

This game is about living the life of a criminal and the CONSEQUENCES that come along with that lifestyle.  If you shoot at people they might shoot back.  If you ruin people's lives they might want to seek revenge and ruin yours.  If you commit crimes the police come after you.

Why should any of us feel sympathy for you people? You are the Trevor Phillips's of the gaming community.  You are NOT to be trusted.

Besides.....you were warned not once, not twice, but MULTIPLE times that you would be punished for your actions in grieving other players, yet you continued to do so.  

So I say: No.  Not until you apologize to every person you constantly harassed and grieved online.  Why should we allow you back into the community when you can't be trusted?

toybasher
  • toybasher

Cute Anthromorphic Skunk

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:29 PM Edited by toybasher, 21 January 2014 - 04:40 PM.

In a update like last november, the B.S. system was supposedly tweaked so destroying personal vehicles awards much less "Bad Sport" points.

I've destroyed a couple, and wasn't given the "Final Warning" (You're being a bad sport! Stop or you'll be punished!) message.

I dunno what to say about the system after the patch. They also fixed the exploit where players can ram tanks in PV's to give the tank driver a BS rating. It appears to actually get a dunce cap you have to go out of your way to destroy like 15 vehicles in a single session or something.

I'm not even sure the exact mechanics of the bad sport system. I know how the bad sport points are awarded (Destroying P.V.'s, leaving games, being kicked, and possibly being reported?) But I'm not sure if the points are cumulative or consecutive.

Does every P.V. I destroy, whether accidental or on purpose place me 1 step closer to a dunce cap? Or is it ONLY if I destroy a certain amount in a specific timespan?

I still think the Bad Sport system should be removed though.

DrAtomic
  • DrAtomic

Volatile

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:25 PM

Current Bad Sport balance is just fine; if anything they need to increase Bad Sports points giving for people leaving jobs and especially playlists.

Kazandra
  • Kazandra

serial killer

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:33 PM

In a update like last november, the B.S. system was supposedly tweaked so destroying personal vehicles awards much less "Bad Sport" points.

I've destroyed a couple, and wasn't given the "Final Warning" (You're being a bad sport! Stop or you'll be punished!) message.

I dunno what to say about the system after the patch. They also fixed the exploit where players can ram tanks in PV's to give the tank driver a BS rating. It appears to actually get a dunce cap you have to go out of your way to destroy like 15 vehicles in a single session or something.

I'm not even sure the exact mechanics of the bad sport system. I know how the bad sport points are awarded (Destroying P.V.'s, leaving games, being kicked, and possibly being reported?) But I'm not sure if the points are cumulative or consecutive.

Does every P.V. I destroy, whether accidental or on purpose place me 1 step closer to a dunce cap? Or is it ONLY if I destroy a certain amount in a specific timespan?

I still think the Bad Sport system should be removed though.

From what I have heard, you have to destroy AT LEAST 7 personal vehicles in one session before getting dunce capped.  So I never bought the "self-defense" excuses.  If someone destroys that many people's personal vehicles in such a short amount of time and ignores all of the warnings I can't really say I feel sorry for them.  

• Iceman918 likes this

Iceman918
  • Iceman918

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

Someone actually said; "paying the insurance is enough, why does R* have to put us in lobbies with other dickheads" hahahahahahahahah!!!! THAT'S EXACTLY why!  

I LOVE this thread personally.  The OP is the perfect example of a griefer.... They think it's hilarious to mess with random people for no good reason but good forbid you turn around and beat them into submission; then they freak out and send 50 cry baby text messages and challenge you to 1v1's hahahaha. You guys are great at dishing it but even better about making idiots outta yourselves by whining about the payback... Oh well good luck on your petition hhahahah I'm still laughing at so many of these comments

vegito2010
  • vegito2010

Zombiedave

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:42 PM

This thread is aload of bull... If your a dick, get in the idiot lobby with the rest of the dicks, end of.
  • am30 and Iceman918 like this

dzian
  • dzian

Prankster

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:47 PM Edited by dzian, 21 January 2014 - 05:52 PM.

Bad sport exists for a reason. They just need to make it work properly.

The game caters to all pretty much. You wanna kill people blow up there cars. Vehicle deathmatch over there. Or even gta race mode.

To be honest though pvp in videogames gets boring after a while. As does pve. However im a huge cooperative pve player. Pvp is boring. There no goal objective to it. Just a bunch of people fighting each other. I prefer working with people to achieve something. Be it a finish a story or comllete a future heist.

Nearly everygame out there has pvp multi player. And nearly all of them suck. They get boring incredibly fast. Probably why theres a new cod title out every 6 minutes.
  • Iceman918 likes this

PGC137
  • PGC137

OPTR

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:49 PM

To many people bitch that's why their is a bad sport. Cheating I understand but blowing cars up is business as usual in gta

1DrfL
  • 1DrfL

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:54 PM

People leaving jobs deserve it, but I agree policing the free roam chaos is BS and getting really annoying I rely on destroying PV as a defense mechanism

Khelandros
  • Khelandros

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:01 PM

So four months and almost 5,000 signatures. That should tell you everything you need to know about how people feel about bad sport lobbies.

Chinsei
  • Chinsei

Super Rat the defender of Squeaks.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:10 PM Edited by Chinsei, 21 January 2014 - 06:11 PM.

i'll just say Geneva Convention : killing people with way more force then is needed o.O ! - tis a war crime.. the US gets away with it mostly because its not part of the group of countries that has abided by an international court an gets to use 'victors justice' ^.^

But generally GTA , the name doesn't specify violence contrary to what you may all think Thieves aren't homicidal maniacs who like blowing things up. they are in it for money , unless theres some insurace scam blowing things up o.O rarely has any profit at all.

While i'm on the fence with the 'bad sport' thing - i won a race an someone voted to kick me o.O an the game more or less kicked me after i crossed the finish line so i got a warning for being a 'bad sport' for leaving the race early o.O despite having finished it. i didn't do anything bad ..when i asked "Why" i was kicked i was told they did it because they were taking turns letting people win o.O i wasn't informed of this so i didn't know but still..a warning for being kicked in a voting system really?...

I almost never try to blow up anyones stuff. the only things i've intentionally blown up were NPC cars.. and cars during survival because its usually more effective then trying to shoot the driver and passenger(s).

plus if you don't blow them up they tend to pile up an get in the way of shooting things.

anyway it seems to me theres nothing 'wrong' with being a bad sport it puts oyu in a lobby ith people who view an treat the game the same way you do...so whats wrong with it ? is it that you don't like being treated the same way you treat others? by constantly being the target of someone who 'may' or may not be better at the game then you , being an ass to you ? do you dislike the fact that when you try to do something someone else in the bad sports lobby targets you an ruins the fun you're trying to have?

don't be such a hypocrite. if you don't like these things done to you, then don't do them to others its simple. we are all trying to play and have fun our way some of us enjoy GTA without being assholes to everyone in the same session. some of us actually enjoy driving around exploring an seeing the game world.

" Well then go in to a closed session an do it" i could say the same to those of you blowing up cars an getting sent to the bad sport lobbies but in actuality thats exactly what the game is doing for oyu putting you in private lobbies with people who play by the same rules you do.

the only reason i see for complaining is if you don't like being treated the same way you treat others.

so coming on the forums an complaining, if someone were to do this about something you enjoyed you'd insult them an call them whiners. so theres another bit of 'hypocrisy' the game doesn't stop you from playing how you wish, it just sends you somewhere that you can play as you wish away form the people who enjoy playing the game without being a jerks.

Clean players, and Bad sports seems a relatively nice way to seperate people. its not like the system works as well as I think the majority would like it to but it still works well enough.

however i do think it'd be nice if there were a session list since all it is , is auto joined lobbies anyway where you have no idea who or where you're joining.

in the end. the system works just fine , it could be a bit stricter in my personal opinion but as it is , i can't really complain.

5,000 out of how many players? because the game sold what? like 600,000 copies?

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:56 PM Edited by Jolly SWAGman, 21 January 2014 - 09:56 PM.

i blew up a guys car 3 times because he was trying to troll/grief me. logged off for a few days, get back on and not only am i in the cheater pool for 4 days but my bank account is empty. thanks R* wont be playing your increasingly sh*tty game anymore

How did you manage to find a four week dead thread to necro but still manage to miss the 1001 threads already discussing Rockstar removing glitch money from everyone's accounts?

MurderIsNice
  • MurderIsNice

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:31 PM

It pisses me off when I'm minding my own business and some trigger happy c*nt is chasing me around while Im trying to avoid conflict then finally I throw a grenade in self defense and I get charged for the car that's horse sh*t. why should I suffer because this dick is trying to shoot me?dumbest sh*t ever so f*cking stupid, penalize me for defending myself properly. in gta no less

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users