Photo

GTA Online "Bad Sport" Petition

238 replies to this topic
Sloths
  • Sloths

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:23 PM

Yea, bad sport exists to protect ME from noobs like YOU, the game is not meant for a single guy to have total domination using explosives, get some skill noobs

This thread is stupid.

R* will not cater to griefers and noobs just because you made a petition. 

Bottom line, aim for the player not for the car. 

You seem to be supporting the broken Bad Sport system as if you're freighted of getting kill by these "noobs" you speak of by your own definition.

I'm questioning your sincerity.

What if they take out the Bad Sport system today? Will you get scared and decide to quit?

Ya I support the Bad Sport.. So what?  
I deal with players with blasting them in the face.. Not herp a derping sticky bombs at them when they ain't looking or driving around in tanks or buzzards all day.

Which is exactly what most Bad Sports want to do.. Use a f*ckin gun and aim for the player face.  Or are you to scared to engage in real combat with players?
Now you feel then need to assume.

I don't need to assume.. Just read every single post that players in Bad Sport are complaining about is pretty obvious. 

Ah, so you apprehend a large amount of people saying that they were flying in Buzzards and/or tanks to achieve vehicular destruction?

I want to see some these threads you're reading where people state this.

Sloths
  • Sloths

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:23 PM

Yea, bad sport exists to protect ME from noobs like YOU, the game is not meant for a single guy to have total domination using explosives, get some skill noobs

This thread is stupid.

You seem to be supporting the broken Bad Sport system as if you're freighted of getting kill by these "noobs" you speak of by your own definition.

What if they take out the Bad Sport system today? Will you get scared and decide to quit?

I deal with players with blasting them in the face.. Not herp a derping sticky bombs at them when they ain't looking or driving around in tanks or buzzards all day.

Which is exactly what most Bad Sports want to do.. Use a f*ckin gun and aim for the player face.  Or are you to scared to engage in real combat with players?

I don't need to assume.. Just read every single post that players in Bad Sport are complaining about is pretty obvious. 

Ah, so you apprehend a large amount of people saying that they were flying in Buzzards and/or tanks to achieve vehicular destruction?

N99999NAmillion
  • N99999NAmillion

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:26 PM Edited by N99999NAmillion, 31 October 2013 - 05:26 PM.

It does not. I just stated above that my friend destroyed two cars right in my presence of the server, and was labeled "Bad Sport". I don't know about your cases seems like you was exerting yourself to become a Bad Sport anyways.

I give you this, it does not take a "asshole" to become a bad sport. If you have a AP pistol, and explosives it's the easiest thing you can achieve.

I'm done arguing with someone who has never been a bad sport. I challenge anyone on the forums to blow up 2 personal vehicles and get bad sport from it. I'd bet money they don't get bad sport . Because I know they won't get bad sport from just doing that.

Sloths
  • Sloths

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:26 PM

Please excuse my double posting, I have no idea why it's happening. I don't know how to fix it.

Sloths
  • Sloths

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:33 PM Edited by Sloths, 31 October 2013 - 05:44 PM.

It does not. I just stated above that my friend destroyed two cars right in my presence of the server, and was labeled "Bad Sport". I don't know about your cases seems like you was exerting yourself to become a Bad Sport anyways.

I give you this, it does not take a "asshole" to become a bad sport. If you have a AP pistol, and explosives it's the easiest thing you can achieve.

I'm done arguing with someone who has never been a bad sport. I challenge anyone on the forums to blow up 2 personal vehicles and get bad sport from it. I'd bet money they don't get bad sport . Because I know they won't get bad sport from just doing that.
You have got to start refraining yourself from assuming...

I have been dubbed a "Bad Sport" once. Don't assume buddy.

We're not arguing, or at least, I don't see this as a argument. I'm just giving my thoughts and opinions to your statements. Same as you're doing to me.

I never said that you actually could be labeled an "Bad Sport" from simply destroying two personal vehicles. I'm saying it's easy to achieve the title by just playing the game. You don't have to be an "asshole".

creed200569
  • creed200569

Thug

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

Definately dont need to remove it, but it needs to be adjusted cuz it can be ridiculous or at least make it a mode where anything goes so people can have fun without worrying about being banned for a few days.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:10 PM Edited by Vooodu, 31 October 2013 - 06:11 PM.

This thread is stupid.

I never said a large amounts of players are flying buzzards or tanks.  Noobs in general gravitate toward easy/simple explosives to annoy the sh*t out of people.  Pick your poison jack, sticky bombs, buzzards, tanks what ever..

If a Noob can get his hands on it, he will use it.

So if you want to see these threads..  Just search for those posts complaining about being in BS servers for blowing up cars. They act as if that's their GOD GIVEN right because that's what GTA is all about.  Then look at the end result of how BS lobbies are... Tanks and Buzzard.

Personally I don't give a f*ck about player with explosive fetishes and I think the Bad Sport filters these idiots fairly well. 

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:25 PM

How to avoid bad sport:

1. Don't leave games
2. Don't play free roam with random people.

There ya go. You're welcome.

Sloths
  • Sloths

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:17 PM Edited by Sloths, 31 October 2013 - 08:20 PM.

This thread is stupid.

I never said a large amounts of players are flying buzzards or tanks.  Noobs in general gravitate toward easy/simple explosives to annoy the sh*t out of people.  Pick your poison jack, sticky bombs, buzzards, tanks what ever..

So if you want to see these threads..  Just search for those posts complaining about being in BS servers for blowing up cars. They act as if that's their GOD GIVEN right because that's what GTA is all about.  Then look at the end result of how BS lobbies are... Tanks and Buzzard.

Personally I don't give a f*ck about player with explosive fetishes and I think the Bad Sport filters these idiots fairly well. 
Exactly, I never stated that you did say "large amounts of players use tanks and Buzzards"

I stated that you said "Most bad sports use tanks and Buzzards" or something similar.

And no. "Noobs" use whatever it takes. It can be guns too. Bad sport servers aren't just about explosives buddy.

They don't act like it's their god giving right, I think your blowing things out of proportion.

They are just a bit confused since they have a certain mindset; Havoc & power. Is what they are thinking. Is that wrong? No. It's just a game. It's made for having fun, and If that's what they think fun is, then so be it. They paid 60$ to have fun. And of they can't have it in a certain way, they'll complain.

It's not your giving job to tell these people who don't want Bad Sport system to be in existence just because "it keeps the noobs off of you". I look at that as selfishness. These People can't even play with their friends or crew.

Halver7
  • Halver7

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:32 PM Edited by Halver7, 31 October 2013 - 08:34 PM.

I have been unfairly put on a bad sport server.

I logged onto GTA one evening and found myself on server with me and 5 other people who were in the same crew. They kept killing me over and over. I didnt even have time to put passive mode on before they sniped me again.

Eventually I got passive mode on but they still shot gun me through the windshield and killed me. I then went to my phone and joined a random job. The host in the lobby kicked me for some reason. So I was back out on the same map, this time I was spawned up near the military base. I jumped the fence and got a tank. Escaped the base and called lester to remove stars.

They then put a bounty on me and I see on the map 5 white dots racing towards me. They chased me down the freeway throwing sticky bombs on the back of the tank. I slammed on the breaks and reversed over them blowing them all up (they were in there personal cars). I hit start find new session and I got spawned on a bad sport server with a dunce hat on....this is BS imo. I cant play with any of my freinds. No one plays death matches on bad sport servers its only freemode with carnage....my time has reset for some reason to 2 days...I only had a few hors to go...its a joke.

Sloths
  • Sloths

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:39 PM Edited by Sloths, 31 October 2013 - 08:47 PM.

This thread is stupid.

I think you act as if you don't even want the bad sport servers to be tweaked. You can clearly see it's a broken system.

Sloths
  • Sloths

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:45 PM

This thread is stupid.

I think you also act like GTA consists of skill, if people were just to use guns, it's all auto aim buddy. No skill involved.

mdm1234567890
  • mdm1234567890

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:45 PM

Signed

BRASCH
  • BRASCH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:02 PM

Since I have been reading this forum, I have yet to hear a legitamate reason why a player who wants to be able to blow up player cars has a problem doing so in a bad sport lobby. Everything is the same there except you get more people who play the same way.  Someone please tell me what is wrong with that.

And I don't get all the 'people were chasing me, so I blew up their car' outrage.  If people are chasing you, get out of your car near some cover and shoot them, or just keep driving, or drop a grenade/sticky, blow them up, and accept the fact that you will get a bad sport warning.

Voodu said it earlier - without bad sport, the game turns into jets and tanks and GTA 4. This game has evolved from that but if that is what you want to do, you can do so in a bad sport lobby. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with blowing up player cars, but bad sport provides a designated place to do that.

two major issues with the bs servers:

you can't play with your friends.  I have my panties in such a wad about this issue if they let you still play with your friends.  you should be able to host a private session, you should be able to host missions, and your friends should be able to join you on your server.

the other thing is the length of time you are banned.  two days is ridiculous.  and to have it double every time?  unacceptable.  

when a tank is in town, that guy is like a bounty; everyone wants to kill that guy.  it is events like these that make the open world online experience spontanious and fun. people step up to the challenge of taking out the tank.  what is a better use of the air strike than raping a tank on a bridge?!?  

I think that a max bounty should be put on a player that destroys x number of player cars in t time.  you'd want to set it to be uncollectable by crew/friends, but that shouldn't be too difficult with all the friend/crew options that are already in the code.  that would be better than sending him to toolbag boot camp.  these guys are furious at r* and all they want to do is take it out on anyone that is there.  they will follow you in gangs across the map chasing you down to spawn camp you in packs to dominate you.  after you've been in there for two days, you learn some really creative things and you bring them back to the normal servers.  

do you see what is happening?  this system is breeding bad sports and putting them back into the population to breed even more.  this isn't a good system.  it's garbage, and needs to go away.  it is literally causing the problems it was intended to stop.

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:43 PM

This thread is stupid.

For the record, destroying someone using a Buzzard is not very easy at all. I'm pretty darn good at flying and I'm still trying to master it. Trying to hit a sports car without crashing into something first is quite difficult much of the time.

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:50 PM

Since I have been reading this forum, I have yet to hear a legitamate reason why a player who wants to be able to blow up player cars has a problem doing so in a bad sport lobby. Everything is the same there except you get more people who play the same way.  Someone please tell me what is wrong with that.

And I don't get all the 'people were chasing me, so I blew up their car' outrage.  If people are chasing you, get out of your car near some cover and shoot them, or just keep driving, or drop a grenade/sticky, blow them up, and accept the fact that you will get a bad sport warning.

Voodu said it earlier - without bad sport, the game turns into jets and tanks and GTA 4. This game has evolved from that but if that is what you want to do, you can do so in a bad sport lobby. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with blowing up player cars, but bad sport provides a designated place to do that.

you can't play with your friends.  I have my panties in such a wad about this issue if they let you still play with your friends.  you should be able to host a private session, you should be able to host missions, and your friends should be able to join you on your server.

the other thing is the length of time you are banned.  two days is ridiculous.  and to have it double every time?  unacceptable.  

when a tank is in town, that guy is like a bounty; everyone wants to kill that guy.  it is events like these that make the open world online experience spontanious and fun. people step up to the challenge of taking out the tank.  what is a better use of the air strike than raping a tank on a bridge?!?  

I think that a max bounty should be put on a player that destroys x number of player cars in t time.  you'd want to set it to be uncollectable by crew/friends, but that shouldn't be too difficult with all the friend/crew options that are already in the code.  that would be better than sending him to toolbag boot camp.  these guys are furious at r* and all they want to do is take it out on anyone that is there.  they will follow you in gangs across the map chasing you down to spawn camp you in packs to dominate you.  after you've been in there for two days, you learn some really creative things and you bring them back to the normal servers.  

do you see what is happening?  this system is breeding bad sports and putting them back into the population to breed even more.  this isn't a good system.  it's garbage, and needs to go away.  it is literally causing the problems it was intended to stop.

I agree that the bad sport system is terrible. Regarding bounties, I think that's a pretty good idea you have. I also wish we could see how much each bounty is worth after the initial announcement. I'll enter a session and there will be three bounties and I'll just happen to go after a $1000 one. Still fun, but not worth my time like the $9000 one.

There isn't a way to see this already, correct?

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:09 PM

This thread is stupid.

I think you also act like GTA consists of skill, if people were just to use guns, it's all auto aim buddy. No skill involved.

But I don't use auto aim nor support in any way.

When people kill me with a gun in free aim free mode at least I know they did 'it'.

So yes it consists of skill if you actually aim the gun and kill players especially when driving.

jc20
  • jc20

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:32 PM Edited by jc20, 01 November 2013 - 06:38 PM.

I get that not being able to play with you friends is annoying - I would hate it.  I do think that friends that play together often play with similar styles (i.e. they roll together and blow sh*t up), so chances are they both become bad sports and would still be able to play together in bad sport lobby.  I feel like this is only an issue if you are not one who regularly does things to get tagged as a bad sport and if thats the case, it's temporary.

I didn't know that you couldnt host private sessions;  I think that is something that could be changed (in fact, I don't think bad sport should apply at all in private sessions - not sure if it does).

I have not bought a tank, but i thought that it was not able to be a personal vehicle, so airstikes shouldn't be a problem (glitching a tank to become a PV is the real issue here).

In regards to 2 days being too long, I guess this depends on how often you play.  I think two days isn't really that long, but this and the longer sentences keep true bad sports out of the general population longer before that come back and blow up more player cars, grief, etc.

The system has some issues for sure. But overall I feel it does a pretty good job of creating two pools of players - those who like mayhem, blowing up everything in sight, etc, and those like myself who love a good firefight, but also want to be able to drive around without being blown to pieces within seconds - and letting them each do their thing.  Griefing would run rampent without some sort of system in place.

FrostKnivEz
  • FrostKnivEz

Just epicly epic me

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:09 AM

We just passed 3000 f*cking signatures.... 3. f*ckING. THOUSAND

:D

daalni
  • daalni

yep, i will stoop as low as you to make my point. suck it.

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:16 AM

So don't be a dick, don't blow up players' cars. The game isn't exclusively about randomly killing people like call of duty...if you want to kill people, go play deathmatch. If you want to blow up cars, play a race with weapons on. It irritates the hell outta me when i'm offroading near Mt Chiliad with, drag racing at the airport, getting chased by cops with some friends alongside me, or just trying to have fun in my way, and some idiot comes up and tries to blow us up with sticky bombs, even without bounties on any of our heads... If you act a fool, you're going to be put with the other fools, then you can kill all the people you like.

it annoys me that people like you think you can't do all that in a friend only server, and that you should have to be allowed to do that in a public one.  that's bullsh*t entitlement at it's finest.

Khartman
  • Khartman

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:44 AM

Ok done, Bhuckly on ps3

Blew up 2 cars, by luck. But destroyed them none the less, got 2 warnings about bad sport. I also got $1000 $gta cash for being a good sport. This was done in less then an hour a part. So I call bull shyt on your story, some thing doesnt add up. You can claim what ever you want, but I am still in good standing.

And as for the bad sport system, it needs tweaking maybe. To me freeroam can for PvE or PvP.

Just saying

Sloths
  • Sloths

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:35 AM Edited by Sloths, 03 November 2013 - 05:36 AM.

This thread is stupid.

But I don't use auto aim nor support in any way.

When people kill me with a gun in free aim free mode at least I know they did 'it'.

So yes it consists of skill if you actually aim the gun and kill players especially when driving.
It's skill for yourself. Not for the opposing player that uses it.

When a player uses explosives, you can still know they did it.

remixzen
  • remixzen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:47 AM

The fact that you can't play private games is what pisses me off. It means either R* forgot to allow us play in a private session, or they really believe you shouldn't be allowed to people with "normal people" just because you use the explosives that are in the game.

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

American MuSScle Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:52 AM

FCUK EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU BAD SPORT ASHSOLES!!! Im sick of you siht bags constantly blowing up me and my crew members when we're just cruising around or drifting, trying to have a good time. YOU BAD SPORTS NEED TO QUIT CRYING LIKE LITTLE BICTHES JUST BECAUSE YOU ASHSOLES ARE STUCK PLAYING WITH OTHER ASHSOLES WHO LIKE BLOWING PEOPLE UP!

FrostKnivEz
  • FrostKnivEz

Just epicly epic me

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:51 PM

FCUK EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU BAD SPORT ASHSOLES!!! Im sick of you siht bags constantly blowing up me and my crew members when we're just cruising around or drifting, trying to have a good time. YOU BAD SPORTS NEED TO QUIT CRYING LIKE LITTLE BICTHES JUST BECAUSE YOU ASHSOLES ARE STUCK PLAYING WITH OTHER ASHSOLES WHO LIKE BLOWING PEOPLE UP!

OR MAYBE we are just protecting our self from others, and blowing up their car is the best way to do it. Ever thought of that? No of course not.

If you don't like people causing chaos in a game which is popular because of chaos, go play the sims or something. This is GTA, of course people are going to blow up your car and kill you, you don't like it? Play another game, simple as that.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:59 PM

If you don't like people causing chaos in a game which is popular because of chaos, go play the sims or something. This is GTA, of course people are going to blow up your car and kill you, you don't like it? Play another game, simple as that.

Well, the fact that you are making a petition trying to change something you don't like is kind of funny when you make a statement like that.

I mean if you don't like getting bad sports for blowing up personal cars you should play another game..Right?

kalltkaffe
  • kalltkaffe

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:23 PM

i have blow up around 6-7 pv.. just warning about bs..  must take it easy.. the damn AP pistol :p

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:26 PM

Tone it down, stop people booting you from matches for hunting their bounties landing you in BS.

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:28 PM

And by the time they fix their game I will be on a PS4. Haha.

fullmetal5550
  • fullmetal5550

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:53 PM

OR MAYBE we are just protecting our self from others, and blowing up their car is the best way to do it. Ever thought of that? No of course not.

Don't like being labeled a bad sport than go play another game. You people complaining about this are pathetic. Just play the game how you want and take the damn penalty. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users