Photo

GTA Online "Bad Sport" Petition

238 replies to this topic
die231
  • die231

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:48 AM

I'm pretty sure the ''badsport'' is glitched in some way, i destroyed countless PC's now and still marked as clean (i wanted to get into badsport to get the hat).

Anyway, it's freaking hillarious to ram personal cars into douchebags with tanks, they usually leave the game after the second one.

BRASCH
  • BRASCH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:49 AM

if the bad sport servers are going to stay, i would say:

the sentence doesn't need to double every time.  two days is already way more than it should be. one day should suffice.

stop making me pay for players cars if i'm going to be punished via bs servers.

let me still join private sessions/missions with my friends, and even let my friends join the bad servers with me if they want (where anything goes).

get rid of the dunce cap.

N99999NAmillion
  • N99999NAmillion

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:24 AM

Am I the only one who loves bad sport servers? They are way more populated it feels like. And everyone is a dick, which makes life easier because at least I know, everyone wants me dead.

Also to anyone telling their I don't deserve bad sport sob story. There seems to me to be a number of cars in x amount of time. I can 100% say it isn't easy to get without being mean. My friend got bad sport for blowing up 5 personal vehicles in 5 minutes. I got mine with about 20 cars in an hour.

I still don't understand why people hate the bad sport servers. All my friends became bad sports after I did it and we have a blast with all the free roam carnage.

fullmetal5550
  • fullmetal5550

Trick

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:51 AM

It's always good to know people like TC want this to be another shoot em up game. 

"HEY, I SEE YOU'RE TRYING TO DO A GOOD SYSTEM TO KEEP THE GAME FAIR AND FUN FOR PLAYERS WHO AREN'T WRECKLESS AND WEAK MINDED. INSTEAD OF WAITING FOR IMPROVEMENTS, HOW ABOUT WE JUST GET RID OF IT."

You, and the 2000 others who signed the things are idiots. Bad sport system is a great idea that needs a few tweaks. I like the fact people who think GTA Online is about blowing up cars are out of the game. And god willing, they keep it around.  

Go play Call Of Duty. 

it's not a good system.  it's more than just broken, it's fundamentally flawed.  when they made the first incredible hulk game they couldn't get the testers to play the missions b/c all they wanted to do was destroy the city.  the day z mod for arma 2 has people killing other players and finding ways to glitch to get the upper hand instead of surviving the world like they're all alone they way the game was intended to be played.  it's human nature.  we get bored and we want to cause drama.  you can't expect the audience that would want to play gta in the first place to be willing to be held to some higher standard of a social contract.  

the system was never a good idea.  making players pay the fee should be enough.  what does it really hurt your gameplay experience if i destroy your car?  especially if i'm paying for it!!  and quitting matches should not incur punishments either.  r* is punishing you for playing their game (blowing up cars) and punishing you for quitting their game in ways they don't like.  who thought of this?

the system needs to go away!  and this doesn't even touch on the exploits of people trying to make you quit missions by killing you and standing around, or glitching a tank as their personal vehicle to get you a bad sport mark when you destroy it.  and i can still destroy your car and not get a bad sport mark too!!  instead of adding/changing rules to the bs system to make it more palatable it just needs to be thrown out like the garbage that it is.

It is a good idea but it is used improperly. It should be assigned to players that subvert or beak the rules like spawn killing, team killing, or killing players in passive mode and vice versa. Actually give it to players that deserve it for being a bad sport. 

Sloths
  • Sloths

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:08 AM

Am I the only one who loves bad sport servers? They are way more populated it feels like. And everyone is a dick, which makes life easier because at least I know, everyone wants me dead.

Also to anyone telling their I don't deserve bad sport sob story. There seems to me to be a number of cars in x amount of time. I can 100% say it isn't easy to get without being mean. My friend got bad sport for blowing up 5 personal vehicles in 5 minutes. I got mine with about 20 cars in an hour.

I still don't understand why people hate the bad sport servers. All my friends became bad sports after I did it and we have a blast with all the free roam carnage.

If your friend has been deemed a "Bad Sport" in five minutes, how isn't it "easy" to get like you just stated above? You've flawed yourself.
  • N99999NAmillion likes this

meth.
  • meth.

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:14 AM

i finally got bad sport and it does indeed suck. well the idea is good in theory but the way it is carried out it stupid. blowing up cars should not be the trigger especially if you are forced to pay the insurance. spawn camping, passive kills, tank/vehicle destroys, sh*t like that should put you in BS lobbies or glitching and what not.

how i got it was dumb to. i had to shut my system off because of a network hang up that wouldn't resolve which probably registered as a quit. then two clowns trapped me in ammunation, killed the clerk and were camping the door so i shot through it with a rocket launcher blowing up my own car, theirs, and the clowns. boom dunce cap. this was unprovoked and i wasn't in the lobby maybe 5 minutes.

bottom line the system is f*cked. they should tweak it. decent players shouldn't be stuck with morons for 2 real time days for defending themselves. there should be some weight to who initiates confrontations where cars wind up destroyed. 

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Raiders of the Laced Arc

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:34 AM

It annoys me because I never destroy or kill anyone in a tank. I just got badsport because people crash into me. Usually I don't move because it makes them pay for their cars but it was on a ramp. My problem with badsport is that it doesn't solve the problem and blowing up cars =/= bad person.

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:41 AM

I don't understand why people would play a game like this if they are upset about their car getting blown up. That's the least of your worries, honestly. And griefers can abuse the Bad Sport system badly.

N99999NAmillion
  • N99999NAmillion

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:53 AM Edited by N99999NAmillion, 31 October 2013 - 03:01 AM.

If your friend has been deemed a "Bad Sport" in five minutes, how isn't it "easy" to get like you just stated above? You've flawed yourself.

He blew up 5 personal vehicles. With a double and triple sticky bomb kill. That's the definition of being a bad sport/asshole in my book. Also the point is all the people who say they didn't deserve it are full of sh*t. 1 or 2 cars will never give you bad sport. I know that for a fact. It takes more in a short period of time

CHIEFSTA
  • CHIEFSTA

🔰🍁

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:04 AM

LMFAO!! Randy Marsh from South Park!! XD Nahh but for real tho.. BADSPORT IS WACK!! -.- I got 4 f*cken days today :l

stankowalski
  • stankowalski

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:23 AM Edited by stankowalski, 31 October 2013 - 05:23 AM.

Bad sport is the worst game mechanic I've ever seen in any game. I've said before and I'll say it again here, I don't mind being in the bad sports lobby, because that's the way I prefer to play.  What I don't like is not being able to do missions with friends.  That's just retarded.  How is playing missions or racing with friends affecting other people?  In any case, I've traded the game in because of this, but I will come back if they implement the change I'm speaking of. 

f104G
  • f104G

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:20 AM

The problem with this system is that it punishes players who are not "bad sports", but people who simply want to play GTA, or who make a mistake, or who fall foul of some glitch or other. Meanwhile the real "bad sports" get off scot free. It also assumes that all players have the same definition of what a bad sport is. If that player had managed to hook my car with his Cargobob and had dropped me in the sea, I would have found it funny, creative - GTA. Unlike the idiot who shot me as soon as I spawned at the hospital. Rockstar obviously has the opposite idea to me of what a bad sport is.

Charge triple for destroying a player vehicle, institute free-for-all sessions where there are no repurcussions for "bad" behavior. Don't encourage players to snitch on one another, allow us to get revenge, GTA style.

BurnCK
  • BurnCK

Trick

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:31 AM

Yeah it makes no sense. Give me sticky bombs, RPG, and Grenade Launcher in Freemode, but don't let me use them to their potential.

Drive a friends car in a mission....drive it into a river by mistake....bad sport.

It wouldn't even be so bad, but there's no way of telling whether it's a personal vehicle or not.

Sort it out R*

jc20
  • jc20

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:44 PM Edited by jc20, 31 October 2013 - 01:45 PM.

Since I have been reading this forum, I have yet to hear a legitamate reason why a player who wants to be able to blow up player cars has a problem doing so in a bad sport lobby. Everything is the same there except you get more people who play the same way.  Someone please tell me what is wrong with that.

And I don't get all the 'people were chasing me, so I blew up their car' outrage.  If people are chasing you, get out of your car near some cover and shoot them, or just keep driving, or drop a grenade/sticky, blow them up, and accept the fact that you will get a bad sport warning.

Voodu said it earlier - without bad sport, the game turns into jets and tanks and GTA 4. This game has evolved from that but if that is what you want to do, you can do so in a bad sport lobby. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with blowing up player cars, but bad sport provides a designated place to do that.

asdfkje
  • asdfkje

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

as some people have said, bad sport lobbies are tolerable, but not being able to play with your good sport friends is really annoying.

petraeus
  • petraeus

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

Yea, bad sport exists to protect ME from noobs like YOU, the game is not meant for a single guy to have total domination using explosives, get some skill noobs

This thread is stupid.

R* will not cater to griefers and noobs just because you made a petition. 

Bottom line, aim for the player not for the car. 

petraeus
  • petraeus

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

It makes complete sense, you just made their point in your own reply

the point is to limit noobs like yourself from camping/griefing people with aoes (area of effect skills)

anyways i will forgive most of you for being noobs, but for any of those who have ever played a real mmo like lineage, eq, wow, eve, etc you will understand why there needs to be some limit on aoe skills

Yeah it makes no sense. Give me sticky bombs, RPG, and Grenade Launcher in Freemode, but don't let me use them to their potential.

Drive a friends car in a mission....drive it into a river by mistake....bad sport.

It wouldn't even be so bad, but there's no way of telling whether it's a personal vehicle or not.

Sort it out R*

Sloths
  • Sloths

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:36 PM

the point is to limit noobs like yourself from camping/griefing people with aoes (area of effect skills)

anyways i will forgive most of you for being noobs, but for any of those who have ever played a real mmo like lineage, eq, wow, eve, etc you will understand why there needs to be some limit on aoe skills

Sort it out R*

If you destroy a personal vehicle via RPG, or explosive doesn't exactly mean you're a "noob".

So can you please fabricate a definition for the word "noob"?

Sloths
  • Sloths

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

He blew up 5 personal vehicles. With a double and triple sticky bomb kill. That's the definition of being a bad sport/asshole in my book. Also the point is all the people who say they didn't deserve it are full of sh*t. 1 or 2 cars will never give you bad sport. I know that for a fact. It takes more in a short period of time

You still failed to answer my question...

How isn't it easy to become a "Bad Sport" if you can achieve the title in under five minutes?

And two cars can in fact get you in a "Bad Sport" server mate. I was in a server with my friend and he only destroyed two members of the opposing crews personal vehicles, and preceded to be labeled as an "Bad Sport". Your "facts" are wrong, you should check your "facts" buddy.

Sloths
  • Sloths

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

How isn't it easy to become a "Bad Sport" if you can achieve the title in under five minutes?

And two cars can in fact get you in a "Bad Sport" server mate. I was in a server with my friend and he only destroyed two members of the opposing crews personal vehicles, and preceded to be labeled as an "Bad Sport". Your "facts" are wrong, you should check your "facts" buddy.

Sloths
  • Sloths

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:49 PM Edited by Sloths, 31 October 2013 - 05:06 PM.

Yea, bad sport exists to protect ME from noobs like YOU, the game is not meant for a single guy to have total domination using explosives, get some skill noobs

This thread is stupid.

You seem to be supporting the broken Bad Sport system as if you're frightened of getting killed by these "noobs" you speak of by your own definition. Maybe these "noobs" are actually better than you at killing then you are. You could just be envying them because you lack the proper knowledge to do it yourself.

I'm questioning your sincerity.

What if they take out the Bad Sport system today? Will you get scared and decide to quit?

petraeus
  • petraeus

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

noobs are people who complain about rules of the game rather than play and excel within set rules

nuff said

Sort it out R*

If you destroy a personal vehicle via RPG, or explosive doesn't exactly mean you're a "noob".

petraeus
  • petraeus

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:54 PM Edited by petraeus, 31 October 2013 - 04:54 PM.

i kill noobs all day long buddy and i dont have to resort to spamming rocket or nades at their cars to get cheap kills

This thread is stupid.

You seem to be supporting the broken Bad Sport system as if you're freighted of getting killed by these "noobs" you speak of by your own definition. Maybe these "noobs" are actually better than you at killing then you are. You could just be envying them because you lack the proper knowledge to do it yourself.

What if they take out the Bad Sport system today? Will you get scared and decide to quit?

Sloths
  • Sloths

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:54 PM Edited by Sloths, 31 October 2013 - 04:56 PM.

noobs are people who complain about rules of the game rather than play and excel within set rules

nuff said

Sort it out R*

I applaud you for your opinionated elaboration of the word "noob".

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

This thread is stupid.

You seem to be supporting the broken Bad Sport system as if you're freighted of getting kill by these "noobs" you speak of by your own definition.

Ya I support the Bad Sport.. So what?  

I deal with players with blasting them in the face.. Not herp a derping sticky bombs at them when they ain't looking or driving around in tanks or buzzards all day.

Which is exactly what most Bad Sports want to do.. Use a f*ckin gun and aim for the player face.  Or are you to scared to engage in real combat with players?

Sloths
  • Sloths

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:59 PM Edited by Sloths, 31 October 2013 - 05:00 PM.

i kill noobs all day long buddy and i dont have to resort to spamming rocket or nades at their cars to get cheap kills

This thread is stupid.

You seem to be supporting the broken Bad Sport system as if you're freighted of getting killed by these "noobs" you speak of by your own definition. Maybe these "noobs" are actually better than you at killing then you are. You could just be envying them because you lack the proper knowledge to do it yourself.

Not necessarily, they could be all-round players that acquired skill in both guns and explosives.

Yet, you still didn't answer my question.

What if they completely destroy the Bad Sport system today? What would you do?

Sloths
  • Sloths

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

This thread is stupid.

You seem to be supporting the broken Bad Sport system as if you're freighted of getting kill by these "noobs" you speak of by your own definition.

I deal with players with blasting them in the face.. Not herp a derping sticky bombs at them when they ain't looking or driving around in tanks or buzzards all day.

Which is exactly what most Bad Sports want to do.. Use a f*ckin gun and aim for the player face.  Or are you to scared to engage in real combat with players?

Now you feel then need to assume.

N99999NAmillion
  • N99999NAmillion

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:11 PM

I've had to get bad sport 4 times and so have 6 people I know. It takes a serious effort of blowing people's cars up. I or none of my friends have gotten bad sport from just playing normally. We have to go out of our way and destroy vehicles at insurance company and the impound. That's why it is difficult. It could even be more difficult for me because I have the over 90% of people think I'm a good sport discount thing. The fact is you don't get to bad sport by playing nice. If you get it after 2 cars then your friend might have been repeatedly voted as a bad person to play with over and over. It takes repeated offenses of being an asshole. So whatever story he tells you is a lie. I've seen this system a lot and I know how it works.
  • Khartman likes this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:12 PM

This thread is stupid.

Now you feel then need to assume.

I don't need to assume.. Just read every single post that players in Bad Sport are complaining about is pretty obvious. 

Sloths
  • Sloths

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:16 PM

I've had to get bad sport 4 times and so have 6 people I know. It takes a serious effort of blowing people's cars up. I or none of my friends have gotten bad sport from just playing normally. We have to go out of our way and destroy vehicles at insurance company and the impound. That's why it is difficult. It could even be more difficult for me because I have the over 90% of people think I'm a good sport discount thing. The fact is you don't get to bad sport by playing nice. If you get it after 2 cars then your friend might have been repeatedly voted as a bad person to play with over and over. It takes repeated offenses of being an asshole. So whatever story he tells you is a lie. I've seen this system a lot and I know how it works.

It does not. I just stated above that my friend destroyed two cars right in my presence of the server, and was labeled "Bad Sport". I don't know about your cases seems like you was exerting yourself to become a Bad Sport anyways.

I give you this, it does not take a "asshole" to become a bad sport. If you have a AP pistol, and explosives it's the easiest thing you can achieve.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users