» «
Photo

GTA Online "Bad Sport" Petition

238 replies to this topic
FrostKnivEz
  • FrostKnivEz

Just epicly epic me

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:38 AM Edited by FrostKnivEz, 19 October 2013 - 12:15 PM.

Gettin' real tired of your sh*t Rockstar. The "Bad Sport" system is the biggest pile of bullsh*t I've ever seen in a video game ever. So I made a petition to get Rockstar to remove it.

https://www.change.o...m-in-gta-online

If you don't know what the "Bad Sport" system is, i'll tell you.

If you blow up someones car in GTA online (a lot) you will be named a bad sport... Yes thats right, for blowing up peoples cars in a blow up-car game.... Great logic there Rockstar.

Everyone who also hates this system (90% of the community I presume) please sign this, lets make GTA a GTA game again, if that makes sense.n7pmsa5.png

• Setrakus, doutee8, Jetpack5000 and 2 others like this

BigSean715
  • BigSean715

The deaf hear me and the blind lookin'.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:42 AM

I think that paying for the insurance is enough. Why do I have to be put into a lobby with other dickheads? Especially if I'm just defending myself.

• spongebob83 and SKaREO like this

Broblab
  • Broblab

Homicidal maniac

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:44 AM

its a more stern warning i think and i find it perfect the way it is.

thanks to bad sport lobbies i was forced to play in, i learned to kill without destroying vehicles.

you just have to learn to pop melons without popping the car.

• WhutsAGamertag likes this

FrostKnivEz
  • FrostKnivEz

Just epicly epic me

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:44 AM

I think that paying for the insurance is enough. Why do I have to be put into a lobby with other dickheads? Especially if I'm just defending myself.

Exactly, I don't mind paying for other peoples insurance. I actually like that idea. But being but into another lobby and being stuck with that DUNCE hat is bullsh*t

• sportbikepilot369 likes this

FrostKnivEz
  • FrostKnivEz

Just epicly epic me

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

thanks to bad sport lobbies i was forced to play in, i learned to kill without destroying vehicles.

Yeah, but if you're being chased by people in cars, destroying the car would be the best way of killing them.

You have a point though

Broblab
  • Broblab

Homicidal maniac

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:49 AM

Yeah, but if you're being chased by people in cars, destroying the car would be the best way of killing them.

You have a point though

~pat pat~ trust me. youll get better with time. just dont outwardly blow it apart. if you HAVE to kill the car, aim for the rear suspension just behind the tire. if you can hit it a few times youll detonate the care for sure. but really, if they are taking cover behidn a car, ram it. if you dont kill them then, take the oppertunity to shoot them from the car or get out and finish them while they are rag dolling.

there is always a way.

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:51 AM

The answer is not to remove it entirely. I like it. Atleast with it the amounts of idiots is greatly reduced. 

• primevil60, Barcelonic and juzzy051 like this

FrostKnivEz
  • FrostKnivEz

Just epicly epic me

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:52 AM

You have a point though

~pat pat~ trust me. youll get better with time. just dont outwardly blow it apart. if you HAVE to kill the car, aim for the rear suspension just behind the tire. if you can hit it a few times youll detonate the care for sure. but really, if they are taking cover behidn a car, ram it. if you dont kill them then, take the oppertunity to shoot them from the car or get out and finish them while they are rag dolling.

there is always a way.

YES. Thats what I do on GTA Online, I don't go around with an RPG finding and blowing up personal cars haha.

I just hate how I can be named a bad sport even if i'm defending myself.

Broblab
  • Broblab

Homicidal maniac

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:54 AM

You have a point though

there is always a way.

YES. Thats what I do on GTA Online, I don't go around with an RPG finding and blowing up personal cars haha.

the best way to prevent from doing something is avoiding it entirely.

i actually stay on the highways and blain county generally. but if i go through town, i go like a bat out of hell....unless of course i choose to hang around in town for lulz.. which is where.

so yeah. stay out in the country and on the road. itll solve a lot of problems.

iPone
  • iPone

Super Thug

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:58 AM

It's understandable to be bothered by it, but you have people who are in tanks riding around blowing up cars or choppers they rid of those players. And you have to blow up a lot of cars in a shot period of time so I am going to assume you were doing more then "defending yourself" because I have got my revenge and honestly defended myself and have yet to see bad sport. But my friend on the other hand blew up about 10 cars in a span of 30 minutes and was sent to bad sport. Don't be mad because you messed up accept your 48 hours go around blow up cars there  

• Konstelation and TimelyMeerkat like this

echocrack
  • echocrack

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:00 PM

Here's my biggest problem with bad sport lobbies.   It makes one of the most expensive items (the tank) completely useless.  They're pretty pointless for missions seeing as you can only fit one person inside, and they're completely useless on freemode because when people attack you they're more than likely coming in cars.  If someone is stupid enough to attack your tank with their car, I don't feel like I should be considered a "bad sport" for putting them in their place.  Isn't it bad enough I have to pay the insurance company for your stupid mistake?  

I feel like there needs to be some type of system that recognizes combat... If someone is in combat and their car happens to get blown up, it should be their own problem...

• BRASCH likes this

WhutsAGamertag
  • WhutsAGamertag

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:02 PM

the bad sport system should stay in place and the change.org thing made me burst out in laughter since there are absolute real issues in this world like starvation or wars or corruption in politics.

It's a 3 strikes system, simply stop blowing up peoples cars just because you are a dunce at aiming while driving.

what they should do is get rid off passive mode and make passive servers instead this way people who want to kill and want to be killed can choose which is better as a closed session where you don't meet new people.

FrostKnivEz
  • FrostKnivEz

Just epicly epic me

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:04 PM

You have a point though

there is always a way.

i actually stay on the highways and blain county generally. but if i go through town, i go like a bat out of hell....unless of course i choose to hang around in town for lulz.. which is where.

You have a point though

there is always a way.

I will, thanks for the advise. :D

I will visit the city occasionally for missions and stuff though.  

FrostKnivEz
  • FrostKnivEz

Just epicly epic me

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:14 PM

the bad sport system should stay in place and the change.org thing made me burst out in laughter since there are absolute real issues in this world like starvation or wars or corruption in politics.

It's a 3 strikes system, simply stop blowing up peoples cars just because you are a dunce at aiming while driving.

what they should do is get rid off passive mode and make passive servers instead this way people who want to kill and want to be killed can choose which is better as a closed session where you don't meet new people.

Change.org is for anything, real life or gaming. ANYTHING. It also holds the GTA V on PC petition with over 600,000 signatures.

And no, i'm not going to stop blowing up peoples cars. I obviously don't go around blowing up their cars for no reason, but if they're chasing me and going to kill me I will.

RajunCajun88
  • RajunCajun88

PS4 Car Meets

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

So don't be a dick, don't blow up players' cars. The game isn't exclusively about randomly killing people like call of duty...if you want to kill people, go play deathmatch. If you want to blow up cars, play a race with weapons on. It irritates the hell outta me when i'm offroading near Mt Chiliad with, drag racing at the airport, getting chased by cops with some friends alongside me, or just trying to have fun in my way, and some idiot comes up and tries to blow us up with sticky bombs, even without bounties on any of our heads... If you act a fool, you're going to be put with the other fools, then you can kill all the people you like.

• OptionalZero and juzzy051 like this

Broblab
  • Broblab

Homicidal maniac

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:21 PM

Change.org is for anything, real life or gaming. ANYTHING. It also holds the GTA V on PC petition with over 600,000 signatures.

And no, i'm not going to stop blowing up peoples cars. I obviously don't go around blowing up their cars for no reason, but if they're chasing me and going to kill me I will.

and you will go right back into bad sports lobbies.

maybe youll learn the next time around.

ells144
  • ells144

i like franklin because of lamar

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:21 PM

I have never been in a bad sport lobby :D

Jeone
  • Jeone

I don't like cats

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:33 PM

So you want 7 year olds with rocket launchers blowing up your car?

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:36 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 19 October 2013 - 12:37 PM.

Gettin' real tired of your sh*t Rockstar. The "Bad Sport" system is the biggest pile of bullsh*t I've ever seen in a video game ever. So I made a petition to get Rockstar to remove it.

https://www.change.o...m-in-gta-online

If you don't know what the "Bad Sport" system is, i'll tell you.

If you blow up someones car in GTA online (a lot) you will be named a bad sport... Yes thats right, for blowing up peoples cars in a blow up-car game.... Great logic there Rockstar.

Everyone who also hates this system (90% of the community I presume) please sign this, lets make GTA a GTA game again, if that makes sense.

You are lying a bit: You get a WARNING first. Even then, you still have about 3 cars before you actually are sent to bad sport lobbies.

Nobody is to be blamed but yourself for not heeding the warning.

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:46 PM Edited by Munx, 19 October 2013 - 12:47 PM.

So, we got grenades, stickies, grenade launcher and rpgs and we arnt supposed to use them to blow up vehicles? R* I must say I am quite confused by this.

Also if you are not supposed to blow up vehicles, then why the f*ck not just make cars more realistic so that they just shut down rather then explodes from damage.

Getting bad sport stat for blowing up a vehicle dosn't make any sense what so ever, especially now that you pay the insurance bill.

If blowing up vehicles become to much of a problem, increase the insurance prices instead.

The current system just seems like a excuse for R* to fill theyr crappy badsport servers, if you really want to slap badsport onto something, slap it onto the kick function.

• BRASCH likes this

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:56 PM

You also have eyes and a brain, to see and understand warnings and understand that you can shoot the car`s tires and/or driver only.

Shellfish
  • Shellfish

COYI

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:03 PM

I don't like my car being destroyed by random people planting stickies on the road. Keep bad sport as far as I'm concerned.

This isn't GTA IV it's GTA Online. GTA is evolving, play IV if you want to blow people's cars up without punishment.

FrostKnivEz
  • FrostKnivEz

Just epicly epic me

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:09 PM

I don't like my car being destroyed by random people planting stickies on the road. Keep bad sport as far as I'm concerned.

This isn't GTA IV it's GTA Online. GTA is evolving, play IV if you want to blow people's cars up without punishment.

But this is Grand Theft Auto and Grand Theft Auto is about blowing sh*t up.

Yes, I don't particualy like it when people blow up my car, but come on, it's a game and you get the car back anyway with insurance + it's fun. It's the whole point of the game. If it wasn't for blowing up cars and sh*t, GTA would not be one of the biggest franchise of all time. They can't add laws to a lawless game.

demonjlh
  • demonjlh

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:09 PM

Everyone who also hates this system (90% of the community I presume)

presumed incorrectly.

most of the people i play with don't even know there's "bad sport" lobbies. ;)

• TimelyMeerkat likes this

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:12 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 19 October 2013 - 01:12 PM.

Yes, I don't particualy like it when people blow up my car, but come on, it's a game and you get the car back anyway with insurance + it's fun. It's the whole point of the game. If it wasn't for blowing up cars and sh*t, GTA would not be one of the biggest franchise of all time. They can't add laws to a lawless game.

GTA 4 was about all of that. It appears they DID add laws to a previously lawless game for GTA 5. 

It`s just the Wild West now or The Golden Age of piracy - the world is becoming a smaller place day by day for them outlaws and pirates.

FrostKnivEz
  • FrostKnivEz

Just epicly epic me

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:17 PM

GTA 4 was about all of that. It appears they DID add laws to a previously lawless game for GTA 5. 

It`s just the Wild West now or The Golden Age of piracy - the world is becoming a smaller place day by day for them outlaws and pirates.

But come on, it's a game for f*ck sake. Games aren't meant to be that realistic.

The only franchise that succeed in being realistic (that I've played, there may be others) is the ArmA series. But lets not get into that.

The point is I just want the ability to defend myself without getting punished for it. And before you say anything I do aim for the wheels but I could accidentally hit the gas tank by doing so and blow up the car.

I want the good old GTA back where you could do ANYTHING

realee
  • realee

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:18 PM

Bad sports is bad.

Yesterday we (about 4-5 players) were going for a car wanted by Simeon. We arrived at ONCE at the car, everyone was shooting like mad. I rolled up with my car and threw a grenade into the middle. Boom. Everybody dead. I rolled away then I got the usual sh*t for bad sports... This is so bad. I mean, why would I shoot 4 of them if I can kill them by 1 grenade? It's a shame that they parked their cars like 1 metres away from each other... Seriously, this f*cks up the game a little bit.

- Remove Bad Sports

- Increase insurance rate

FrostKnivEz
  • FrostKnivEz

Just epicly epic me

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:20 PM

Bad sports is bad.

Yesterday we (about 4-5 players) were going for a car wanted by Simeon. We arrived at ONCE at the car, everyone was shooting like mad. I rolled up with my car and threw a grenade into the middle. Boom. Everybody dead. I rolled away then I got the usual sh*t for bad sports... This is so bad. I mean, why would I shoot 4 of them if I can kill them by 1 grenade? It's a shame that they parked their cars like 1 metres away from each other... Seriously, this f*cks up the game a little bit.

- Remove Bad Sports

- Increase insurance rate

That's exactly what I want. I'll add that to the petition thanks :D

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:22 PM Edited by Vooodu, 19 October 2013 - 01:22 PM.

This thread is stupid.

R* will not cater to griefers and noobs just because you made a petition. 

Bottom line, aim for the player not for the car. 

realee
  • realee

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:27 PM

This thread is stupid.

R* will not cater to griefers and noobs just because you made a petition. 

Bottom line, aim for the player not for the car. 

Take my example. Why would I waste at least 4 mags of my SMG just to kill 4 players, when I can kill them by 1 grenade? Because killing somebody really needs 1 magazines of SMG (AT LEAST). And the chance of the other 3 killing me is pretty damn high, while throwing a grenade and rolling away with a car has a much bigger chance of survival.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users