» «
Photo

I'm going to end the universe nonsense.

55 replies to this topic
Uhwoahnohuh
  • Uhwoahnohuh

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:15 AM Edited by Uhwoahnohuh, 19 October 2013 - 09:17 AM.

Before you send your opinions, read the damn thing, otherwise you wont understand what im talking about.

Sure the Universes are seperate, BUT that never meant the former characters never existed. When Rockstar said no characters from former universes will appear in this era, It did not mean they never existed...What they actually meant, was that The characters of This universe, NEVER KNEW The older characters..

Think of Niko for example. Niko never knew CJ, therefore he doesnt exist in His "Universe".. Packie has never spoken face to face with Tommy Vercetti as far as we know, so he's not within his universe

Id like to add the fact that OG Loc and Madd dogg are seen all throughout Gta IV, and Gta V. So Obviously they are real, and guess what? They exist in The world of Gta IV and V. If they didnt, they would have never mentioned them.

Also not to mention, CJ was on a billboard right down the street from Niko and Roman's place, and I can tell from the face, its definitely CJ. They threw that in there for reference, Therefore, CJ was "Seen" in Liberty City in 2008 on xbox 360 and ps3, by either Johnny Klebitz, Luis Lopez, or Niko Bellic depending on which character you look at the billboard with.

Grove Street, and all the gangs from the 3D universe are all alive and well, and even take part in the story in Gta V, in fact, Lamar and Franklin talked about the Grove Street Families. I mean, come on!!! The Grove Street families were SPECIFICALLY CJ and His family, and close friends on the street.

Now before you comment, just read this. what is your argument? Universes are separate, But that doesnt mean the old characters cant be in a game. Hell Maccer even got his own website these days with a HD looking model.....tell me about that

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:18 AM

TLDR

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:21 AM

Wrong. All completely different universes, and all of those things you mentioned about the other characters being in the HD games, well those are called homages. R* does that quite often in their game to give all GTA players that nostalgia.

Uhwoahnohuh
  • Uhwoahnohuh

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:22 AM

Wrong. All completely different universes, and all of those things you mentioned about the other characters being in the HD games, well those are called homages. R* does that quite often in their game to give all GTA players that nostalgia.

Main Characters in Gta V talking about the main Characters of San Andreas is not homage, its real characters talking about real characters that they remember specifically 

Databank
  • Databank

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:23 AM

Uhh, interesting. How did this come up as an argument though?

Insincere
  • Insincere

Thug

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:28 AM

Any physical character from 3d era cant exist in HD era, because the geographic of San Andreas and Liberty City are totally different from their 3D era counterparts. Street names, gang names, brands can cross universes. Any mentions of old characters are simply easter eggs, nothing important.

SammiiDoogles
There are many references to GTAIII characters and brands (El Burro graffiti in LC for example) in GTAIV, but do any characters (other than Lazlow) actually exist within both 'universes'? Is that where Donald Love went? Did he hop dimensions into the GTAIV universe?! Plot twist!! Are the two universes completely separate? I understand it'd make almost no sense having two Liberty City's but is there any way we'll see characters from GTAIII return? GTAIV has some amazing characters, but some of the characters in the III era are just unforgettable.

Rockstar says:
El Burro is referenced as he was also referenced in GTA 1, so it felt appropriate that he should cross “universes” – the “universes” are the worlds interpreted at different definitions, 2d, 3d and high definition, so we felt brands and radio / back ground characters would exist in both, but 3 dimensional characters would not. This is the logic (as far as it could be considered logical) behind it – so no, we don’t believe any GTA3 characters could exist in the GTA4 universe.

• Jacob-B likes this

Uhwoahnohuh
  • Uhwoahnohuh

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:31 AM

Any physical character from 3d era cant exist in HD era, because the geographic of San Andreas and Liberty City are totally different from their 3D era counterparts. Street names, gang names, brands can cross universes. Any mentions of old characters are simply easter eggs, nothing important.

SammiiDoogles
There are many references to GTAIII characters and brands (El Burro graffiti in LC for example) in GTAIV, but do any characters (other than Lazlow) actually exist within both 'universes'? Is that where Donald Love went? Did he hop dimensions into the GTAIV universe?! Plot twist!! Are the two universes completely separate? I understand it'd make almost no sense having two Liberty City's but is there any way we'll see characters from GTAIII return? GTAIV has some amazing characters, but some of the characters in the III era are just unforgettable.

Rockstar says:
El Burro is referenced as he was also referenced in GTA 1, so it felt appropriate that he should cross “universes” – the “universes” are the worlds interpreted at different definitions, 2d, 3d and high definition, so we felt brands and radio / back ground characters would exist in both, but 3 dimensional characters would not. This is the logic (as far as it could be considered logical) behind it – so no, we don’t believe any GTA3 characters could exist in the GTA4 universe.

They threw that straight out the window when franklin and lamar started talking about CJ and his family

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:31 AM Edited by spamtackey, 19 October 2013 - 09:34 AM.

Um, weren't they part of something called CGFs and not Grove Street or anything like that? I mean, I took it that Franklin and Lamar were part of one gang and wanted to start doing their own thing because they didn't want to pay other gang members (at least Franklin didn't). Their gang once had Grove Street but no longer does and that's basically it. 

I really don't get with the obsession with CJ or the events of SA. It's like people will not let go of it even after 9 years and keep expecting more SA. "Oh my gosh the voice of Franklin said he's working on a non-GTA project with the voice of CJ! IT MUST BE GTA DLC!" No, it just means the two artists are working together. If it were surprise DLC they wouldn't be allowed to say anything. Let go of CJ people... it's getting pathetic.

• hywelkidd likes this

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:33 AM

Me personally, I hate the universe idea. It's dumb as f*ck. and I think Rockstar is slowly trying to move away from their words also.

but that's just my opinion.

Uhwoahnohuh
  • Uhwoahnohuh

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:35 AM Edited by Uhwoahnohuh, 19 October 2013 - 09:36 AM.

Um, weren't they part of something called CGFs and not Grove Street or anything like that? I mean, I took it that Franklin and Lamar were part of one gang and wanted to start doing their own thing because they didn't want to pay other gang members (at least Franklin didn't). Their gang once had Grove Street but no longer does and that's basically it. 

I really don't get with the obsession with CJ or the events of SA. It's like people will not let go of it even after 9 years and keep expecting more SA. "Oh my gosh the voice of Franklin said he's working on a non-GTA project with the voice of CJ! IT MUST BE GTA DLC!" No, it just means the two artists are working together. If it were surprise DLC they wouldn't be allowed to say anything. Let go of CJ people... it's getting pathetic.

Facepalm...Listen, In the mission Hood safari, if you escape and go with lamar, He will talk about The GROVE STREET FAMILIES. Specifically, and that is CJ, Sweet, Ryder kendl, big smoke and the few others

And besides, The Rockstar employee that talked about universes was just one employee anyways

egoloss
  • egoloss

Adam Santos

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:37 AM

Love watching geeks argue!

DrAnomalous
  • DrAnomalous

Disfavored Veracity

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:37 AM Edited by DrAnomalous, 19 October 2013 - 09:38 AM.

Yeah you're not going to get 3D era main characters in the HD era storylines. References to minor characters in the form of billboards and ads are just that. If Families and Ballas are seen here it makes no difference, so is eCola and Sprunk. They are brands and generalizations.

CJ, Tommy, and Claude are not gonna come back and neither are their supporting characters.

Uhwoahnohuh
  • Uhwoahnohuh

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:39 AM

ok read the full post again. CJ and Sweet were mentioned By The protagonist of Gta V, i mean come on how much more obvious can this sh*t get?? 

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:47 AM

ok read the full post again. CJ and Sweet were mentioned By The protagonist of Gta V, i mean come on how much more obvious can this sh*t get?? 

Again, it's homages. Nothing more.

Uhwoahnohuh
  • Uhwoahnohuh

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:50 AM

Again, it's homages. Nothing more.

But Franklin and Lamar were actually saying CJ and Sweet existed, and that they probably went to live in suburbia. Its more than homages, Its Characters actually talking about Protagonists from a former era

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:50 AM

Facepalm...Listen, In the mission Hood safari, if you escape and go with lamar, He will talk about The GROVE STREET FAMILIES. Specifically, and that is CJ, Sweet, Ryder kendl, big smoke and the few others

And besides, The Rockstar employee that talked about universes was just one employee anyways

Show me exactly where they mention Sweet and CJ by name. "Grove Street Families" means ... wait for it... there was a gang ... on Grove Street.  

I know. It blows my mind too. What it doesn't do is tell us anything about the damn gang. It could be CJ it could be any idiot on Grove Street in this universe. I don't recall them mentioning any specifics only that "the families" had control of grove street and that doesn't mean anything in terms of connecting SA to V. Both are set in similar location with a bunch of gangs, so them using the same gang terms doesn't connect them. 

Uhwoahnohuh
  • Uhwoahnohuh

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:53 AM

Show me exactly where they mention Sweet and CJ by name. "Grove Street Families" means ... wait for it... there was a gang ... on Grove Street.  

I know. It blows my mind too. What it doesn't do is tell us anything about the damn gang. It could be CJ it could be any idiot on Grove Street in this universe. I don't recall them mentioning any specifics only that "the families" had control of grove street and that doesn't mean anything in terms of connecting SA to V. Both are set in similar location with a bunch of gangs, so them using the same gang terms doesn't connect them. 

The Grove Street families Was Sweet and CJ, plus the 5 additional men walking that street. Obviously If more men came into grove street, The ballas wouldnt have taken it over. The street had very few members, no wonder the ballas took it over. 

Insincere
  • Insincere

Thug

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:56 AM Edited by TheTruthOnly, 19 October 2013 - 09:56 AM.

When they talk about Sweet and CJ?

Uhwoahnohuh
  • Uhwoahnohuh

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:57 AM

When they talk about Sweet and CJ?

There is 3 ways to go on the jet ski, The option to follow lamar and get a getaway car is the one where they talk. look it up

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:03 AM

The Grove Street families Was Sweet and CJ, plus the 5 additional men walking that street. Obviously If more men came into grove street, The ballas wouldnt have taken it over. The street had very few members, no wonder the ballas took it over. 

You're not helping your case here. You're talking San Andreas and I'm talking V. Show me where, in V, it says that CJ, Sweet, OG Loc, Ryder, and Big Smoke existed. No ambiguous terms, no homages, nothing that can be twisted to mean what you want it to mean. 

Grove Street exists in GTA V. This is undeniable.

A "Grove Street Families" is easy to accept because there was a Grove Street. This is established by facts in V. 

The membership of that gang is, however, not disclosed. Unless they say the words "Sweet" or "CJ" we're dealing with a nod to San Andreas and nothing more.

Think of it this way:

GTA 3D universe is one story. It had a set number of characters and a set number of events. 

GTA HD universe is a brand new story. It contains references to the author's older works and maybe even similar events because they're dealing with some similar situations and the author thought it would be cool to throw back to their older work... but that's all it is. 

• Insincere and Jacob-B like this

Uhwoahnohuh
  • Uhwoahnohuh

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:13 AM Edited by Uhwoahnohuh, 19 October 2013 - 10:15 AM.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=M63VhykoLtM

So the johnson they speak of is random huh???

Go to 0:40

AllenKS
  • AllenKS

SoLoville

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:19 AM

One day I'm gonna make some games or tv shows or something, I'm gonna write my characters, and put the setting on 2 different planets, and then drop Easter eggs and cameo mentions everywhere, and have the nerds fight over how it's the same planet, the people just live really far from each other and that I don't know what I'm talking about.

You know, the nigga who created them. Apparently, internet nerds think all of this sh*t is real, and GTA games are a documentary or some sh*t.

Uhwoahnohuh
  • Uhwoahnohuh

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:20 AM

One day I'm gonna make some games or tv shows or something, I'm gonna write my characters, and put the setting on 2 different planets, and then drop Easter eggs and cameo mentions everywhere, and have the nerds fight over how it's the same planet, the people just live really far from each other and that I don't know what I'm talking about.

You know, the nigga who created them. Apparently, internet nerds think all of this sh*t is real, and GTA games are a documentary or some sh*t.

man chill out its a video game, Exactly my argument, So why the hell cant a video game character be in another one??

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:21 AM

You know how Franklin's aunt is named Denise? She is obviously the Denise from San Andreas. Except she's not because she just has the same first name.Fun fact, apparently Johnson is one of the most common last names in the US.

It's definitely not random. It's another nod to San Andreas. There are plenty of them. The guys on the bikes, Grove Street itself, an OG named Johnson, a woman named Denise. We still don't have absolute proof that CJ existed or was a part of this stuff. 

• Jacob-B likes this

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:21 AM

No, they said they never existed. You're not ending anything.

Insincere
  • Insincere

Thug

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:22 AM Edited by TheTruthOnly, 19 October 2013 - 10:24 AM.

They talking about some dudes that ran Grove st gang long time ago, they never said CJ and Sweet.....because these guys never exist. Events in 1992 were similar in HD era probably, but CJ and others has nothing to do with it. It's brand new story and new city, why you want old characters so bad anyway?

http://youtu.be/BCOyxW__kwk?t=21m31s

Uhwoahnohuh
  • Uhwoahnohuh

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:24 AM

You know how Franklin's aunt is named Denise? She is obviously the Denise from San Andreas. Except she's not because she just has the same first name.Fun fact, apparently Johnson is one of the most common last names in the US.

It's definitely not random. It's another nod to San Andreas. There are plenty of them. The guys on the bikes, Grove Street itself, an OG named Johnson, a woman named Denise. We still don't have absolute proof that CJ existed or was a part of this stuff. 

Here's the proof that CJ Existed 

640px-Grove_Street_Family_Artwork.jpg

I know this SHOCKING image may hurt some eyes out there, But CJ existed, because Rockstar created him in to be in the early 90s, in Los Santos, The same city Gta V takes place in

baby steps. 

AllenKS
  • AllenKS

SoLoville

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:24 AM

man chill out its a video game, Exactly my argument, So why the hell cant a video game character be in another one??

It's irrelevant because Rockstar says it's never going to happen. If Rockstar says CJ doesn't exist, then it's a done deal. You could find a character with a nametag that says "Carl" wearing CJ's exact clothes sitting on a porch in Grove Street.

They invented it. They made it up. It's not real. Doesn't matter how many "clues" you find if they never put him another GTA game ever again.

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:25 AM Edited by spamtackey, 19 October 2013 - 10:25 AM.

Here's the proof that CJ Existed 

640px-Grove_Street_Family_Artwork.jpg

I know this SHOCKING image may hurt some eyes out there, But CJ existed, because Rockstar created him in to be in the early 90s, in Los Santos, The same city Gta V takes place in

baby steps. 

You just keep proving my point. That's art from San Andreas. Where is the art from V? Oh wait, there isn't any. 

Baby steps.

hierbamala
  • hierbamala

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:25 AM

Just an excuse to not bring back old characters.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users