» «

Base Invaders

13 replies to this topic
  • HammerLarry

Boss member

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:38 AM

this was already posted in the general gta online forum. i figured it was only right to bring it back here.

what are your strategies of succeeding Base Invaders.

here's my method of doing it alone.
- get ron's plane; get out
- drive my coquette to the base using the cliff on the north side.
- sticky bomb the lazers
- drive to the back of the hangar, use my car for cover against the incoming foes
- shoot whoever's in there
- take the bob, detonate, fly off to the sunset.

note that there are truckloads of army men coming when you alarm the foes so, try to get a good angle to throw a grenade, it saves bullets.

some people are able to fly a lazer. i think high levels (50+ ) are responsible for the possibility of the mission spawning a lazer or an attack buzzard behind ron's plane. maybe the host has to be a high level. idk.

• Cpt_Mustache

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:46 AM

is how I go about it.

• namenotneeded2

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:13 PM Edited by namenotneeded2, 19 October 2013 - 04:14 PM.

I just use the military trucks and drive in to the jets. The truck takes hardly any damage, plus if you drive fast enough you can avoid getting shot by the enemies.

No need to use explosives either, then you pull up to the right side of the Cargobob, get in as quickly as possible and fly away because the windows are bulletproof. Sure, the Cargobob takes a bit of damage and the black smoke starts fuming out, but that's not much of an issue.

• ThePwnerOwner

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

Anyone up for it? invite Johnny13081995 on PSN

• Shedden2012

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:46 AM

I snipe out all army personnel in trucks from the runway , then its a case of blowing up the two en route to the hangar , where I snipe out thoseinside , grab the cargobob , fly down to the lazer at end of runway . Fly back . NEVER EVER EVER get in a fighter jet to shoot as more just respawn . Easiest mission online

• Whiteboi11

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:16 AM

I dont understand why does it only give you 12,500 now >:(

• KiTTYReCkless

Probably hax

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:15 PM

If you have the grenade launcher then Base invaders is soo easy. I just  fly the plane there, hop out between the first two jets and hide behind the haystacks that are just out of the soldiers line of sight and destroy the first. Quickly run behind the bleacher looking things that are close to the second and shoot it from a distance. After you destroy them you can either run back to the plane and drive/fly it down to the last, which may get you shot a few times or you can run. I prefer running if I'm soloing, tho it takes a bit longer, but you save ammo.  The last one I just throw a regular hand grenade at and run for the Cargobob, shoot the guy near the  jet hangers and run and gun the guy near the bob's hanger, hide behind the left side entrance, kill the three guys inside and get the chopper.

If everything goes right and I start  by the airfield then I can complete the mission in around eight or nine minutes and I only have to kill five or six enemies. It can go even faster when I go in with my friends and crew.  Even though it's only 12,500 now, it's still more fun then racing and it only takes a few minutes longer to earn a similar amont of money and it's guaranteed unlike racing where you have to come in first to get the big payout.

• chuckberry04

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:37 AM

You don't even have to get into the plane 1s to finish base invaders I think. I'm not sure tho.

• Cpt_Mustache

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:17 AM

You don't even have to get into the plane 1s to finish base invaders I think. I'm not sure tho.

You have to at least enter it.  You don't need to land it.  Say someone owns a Buzzard and brings it over to Ron's airfield at the start, have one person enter and exit the plane, then everyone take the buzzard over to the airbase.  Whoever is flying can blow up all the jets with ease, then have everyone cruise to the hangar and grab the cargobob.

• DrGreenThumb_NZ

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:52 AM

RPG makes this mission so easy, they halved the payout now so its not even really worth the time anymore

• WreckinBall

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:32 AM

Missions are just laugh value now due to money halfed, but 4 people 2 buzzards,go rons, in n out to activate lazers, leave plane at strip, the buzzards blow up everything as no friendly fire, while the other 2 get the cargo out, dont deliver the cargo just land it at safe distance, then all get back in a hammer the base till bored, npcs, trucks, tanks, all respawn over and over, you can all rake up alot of kills and rp in 2 jets n buzzards.

• Jmacz

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:55 AM

Me and my friend had a great set up for this, was finishing in under 6 minuets most time. We would take the plan land near the plane thats furthest away, drop a sticky on it and then fly back to the other planes and get out. He would go over behind the things that look like bleachers. I would go over to the jet closest to where we would fly in where two guards are facing each other. I would wait for them to sway there heads back and forth so they would line up and I would take out both with one shot. This wouldn't alert the bus that spawns behind them. He would be looking into the hangar where the cargo bob was. There are three guys that spawn in there, and buy trial and error he figured out that if you kill the middle guy, then the right, then the left. I wouldn't alert anyone else, and would cancel a bus spawn. By the time he would have that finished up, I'd usually already have the 2nd sticky bomb set, and would getting into the jeep thats parked near it and drive to the 3rd one and get a bomb on it. There are two guys near the last jet that he would take out as I drove over, I'd then go and pick up him up, drive into the hangar, and fly away as all the busses come out to stop us unsuccessfully.

I made like 3 million dollars off that mission.

• jeager1999

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:01 PM

As long as the base doesn't have their auto Missile Defense active.  Call Lester for a Buzzard?

• esmittystud101

Play everything and enjoy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

It was weird, i farmed this mission for a while when we still could. I played it again last night and one of my crew members. He only got 12,500 and it was the first time in like a week he played it, but for me it was the same but I got 25,000, I played it roughly a week ago as well. Just didn't know how this "half money" system works. Please can someone tell me (an idiot most of the time) how this system works?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users