» «
Photo

Which is the best 4-door car?

16 replies to this topic
Evo X Ali
  • Evo X Ali

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:16 AM Edited by Evo X Ali, 19 October 2013 - 03:31 AM.

I don't mean just speed, i mean overall, i really need to find out which has the best traction control/handling, braking, speed and acceleration.

So far i have tested the following (and also seen their stats in the online mode garage by pressing down on the D-pad):

Ubermacht Oracle 2 (BMW M5)

Karin Sultan (Lexus RS200/Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 6)

Benefactor Schafter (Mercedes Benz)

Lampadati Felon (Jaguar XFR)

Dewbauchee Exemplar (Aston Martin Rapide)

The oracle 2 doesn't seem to be the best because it lacks good brakes and traction control but it has excellent speed and acceleration, also its really good looking.

Sultan probably has the best speed and acceleration among all 4-doors especially if fully modded but it has terrible brakes and traction control, it drifts too much and can only be handled by someone who is used to drifting a lot without losing control.

Schafter is really good overall, excellent top speed, excellent braking and traction control but it lacks acceleration though that can be fixed by buying mods in Los Santos customs.

Felon is similar to Schafter, good handling and top speed but lacks acceleration.

Exemplar seems to have better acceleration than Felon and Schafter and also has the same excellent traction control, brakes and top speed.

So which is the best? and which ones do i still need to test out??
I love the sultan it seems to be the fastest but sometimes i lose control because i cant drift when i panic.

Is there a 4-door car with high speed, acceleration, traction control/handling and brakes all-in-one?? or are these 5 cars that i mentioned the only good ones? If so then which one to have out of these 5? i already have a sultan, i modded it into a sultan RS. Next i'm thinking of getting the Exemplar because i seem to lose control of the sultan when chasing someone or getting chased. it didn't seem to be like this in GTA IV, i used to handle the sultan RS perfectly in that game.
Also i have a Felon but didn't mod its acceleration yet not sure if it will be fast enough.

I'm disappointed that they didn't make a 4-door car as good (or almost as good) as a super car in this game, or i wished you could buy high grip racing tyres and improve the braking by at least 50%.
Also i don't like that they have removed the Sultan RS (separate car) from gta 4 and just made us transform a sultan into a sultan RS in gta 5, its just not the same!! instead they should have made the sultan RS (which was a 2-door) from gta 4 into a 4-door. That way you could make the normal sultan into a GT version and the sultan RS into even a faster car. I remember the Sultan RS in GTA 4 was as fast as the super cars like infernus.

Anyway back to the main topic.... which is the best 4-door car in gta 5?

motosyko
  • motosyko

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:23 AM

The Sultan is my personal fave. Mostly because of the customization options.

I'd say the Oracle is based off of a7 series BMW.

The Sultan is based off the is300 but more so the Toyota Altezza.

That's one really cool thing about the game.
The Sultan, rebel, and FJ cruiser looking thing are all based off real Toyota models. They kept the fictional vehicles models the fictional brands corresponding with their real counterparts.

Like vapid. The vapid stainer and sandking relating to the crown vic and f350.

But to answer your question, the Sultan

Kifflom
  • Kifflom

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:45 AM

I wouldn't say it's my favorite, but the Super Diamond is worth checking out. It feels a bit sluggish off the line, even when tuned up to maximum, but once you get going there are few things that'll stop you. It's got an absolutely beastly top speed (rivaling that of some super cars) and it's very sturdy, more than capable of absorbing bullets and blindly ramming through cop cars when the need arises. The handling is pretty good, even at high speeds, although you've got to remember that it's heavy and slow to accelerate, so there's not a lot of room to compensate if you get sloppy and wind up losing all your forward momentum in a head-on collision.

Evo X Ali
  • Evo X Ali

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:08 AM

The Sultan is my personal fave. Mostly because of the customization options.

I'd say the Oracle is based off of a7 series BMW.

The Sultan is based off the is300 but more so the Toyota Altezza.

That's one really cool thing about the game.
The Sultan, rebel, and FJ cruiser looking thing are all based off real Toyota models. They kept the fictional vehicles models the fictional brands corresponding with their real counterparts.

Like vapid. The vapid stainer and sandking relating to the crown vic and f350.

But to answer your question, the Sultan

yeah my favorite is sultan too because of the RS model in GTA 4 but for some reason they decreased the handling, traction control and brakes of sultan in gta 5... and oh yeah its more like the Altezza RS200/RS300 BUT the sultan RS version's side decal stripes and the rear is exactly like the Lancer Evo 6 Tommi Mäkinen Edition. 

car_photo_300838_7.jpg

lancer%2Bevo%2BVI%2BTM_2.jpg

Mitsubishi_Lancer_Evolution_VI_CP9A_4.jp

c_sultanrs_r.jpg

0_0.jpg

L-Lancer-Evolution-5-2.jpg

_Mitsubishi_Lancer_Evo_V4a0854421a406.jp

the nameless
  • the nameless

R*

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:13 AM

Sultan for me, especially if it is tricked out, close second is the felon.  If you wanted it for something like the mountain roads, I'd choose the felon, because the sultan will probably slide you off a cliff at some point.  But it will be fun up until then.

• Troublesome86 and Evo X Ali like this

Evo X Ali
  • Evo X Ali

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:15 AM

I wouldn't say it's my favorite, but the Super Diamond is worth checking out. It feels a bit sluggish off the line, even when tuned up to maximum, but once you get going there are few things that'll stop you. It's got an absolutely beastly top speed (rivaling that of some super cars) and it's very sturdy, more than capable of absorbing bullets and blindly ramming through cop cars when the need arises. The handling is pretty good, even at high speeds, although you've got to remember that it's heavy and slow to accelerate, so there's not a lot of room to compensate if you get sloppy and wind up losing all your forward momentum in a head-on collision.

Oh yeah i remember driving a super diamond in one of the online missions it seemed pretty slow but did have a really good top speed once it got going, i'm gonna have to check it out again and tune it up to max since its free for me (bought los santos customs) i'll see how it feels. thanks for reminding. 

Evo X Ali
  • Evo X Ali

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:22 AM

Sultan for me, especially if it is tricked out, close second is the felon.  If you wanted it for something like the mountain roads, I'd choose the felon, because the sultan will probably slide you off a cliff at some point.  But it will be fun up until then.

hhhmmmm yeah Felon has more control. i don't like sultan's traction control and brakes but i still like sultan the most.

Evo X Ali
  • Evo X Ali

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:23 AM

Has anyone driven the exemplar yet? how does it compare with felon and sultan?

Wug
  • Wug

Wez

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:26 AM

I got the felon, love the thing, got it so tuned out that it would sell for 14k.

• Evo X Ali likes this

Evo X Ali
  • Evo X Ali

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:29 AM

I got the felon, love the thing, got it so tuned out that it would sell for 14k.

how's the acceleration when fully tuned? 

pinky
  • pinky

"Tooled up and chibbin' ye, ya Bass".

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:14 AM

The Oracle 2, crew mate has one and nothing touches it vanilla vs vanilla. Even more so when tuned vs tuned.

probably why it is mysteriously in the coupe class as it would rape all and sunder in the sedans class and all but the GT cars in the sports class.

It humps Sultans for breakfast and is a better mission car too.

However the four door in my own garage is a Sultan, sometimes the heart rules over the head.

• Evo X Ali likes this

Kifflom
  • Kifflom

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:21 PM

My personal favorite is probably the Patriot, mostly because of the nostalgia, but it doesn't really fit all the qualifications for "best" 4 door. It was absolutely brilliant in earlier titles - quick and hardy and quite nimble - but it's not really fast enough to outrun cops anymore, let alone pissed off players, and it's a bit too big for hiding. That said, it's very tough, which is great for online missions (most of which, if you need a 4-door, involve getting shot at by lots of enemy SUVs) and it provides ample cover in a firefight (another key concern in online missions). It can roll right over some of the smaller barricades that would stop a lesser 4-door, which often comes in handy. And it's REALLY f*cking easy to find; Patriots are everywhere, so if you don't want to spend money or run the risk of your personal vehicle getting trashed, you won't have to look far.

• Evo X Ali likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:31 PM Edited by StingrayX, 19 October 2013 - 01:34 PM.

My favorite is the Ubermacht Oracle II, based off the sleek ass BMW 650i Gran Coupe. What they did to the Oracle was sexy. :inlove: I have one but here is just a random picture of one:

Oracle_2_%28Front%26Side%29-GTAV.jpg

The front and side are Gran Coupe whilst the rear is 750i and partially '13 Lexus GS350

2013-BMW-6-Series-Gran-Coupe-front-three

2013-Lexus-GS-350-review-rear-angle.jpg

2013-bmw-750i-rear-34jpg.jpg

I love the way it sounds too. Unlike the Schafter, it has a rather beastly sounding engine and it shifts quick too. The moderny looks are priceless. And those rims alone are just the best I've seen on a sedan. :D

Yes and I was not impressed. The looks are okay but the back looks funky. It also doesn't seem to have the fun that it's coupe based Rapid GT's do. Haven't done a road trip in one but I might to get a full opinion.

• Evo X Ali likes this

Evo X Ali
  • Evo X Ali

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:54 AM

I love the way it sounds too. Unlike the Schafter, it has a rather beastly sounding engine and it shifts quick too. The moderny looks are priceless. And those rims alone are just the best I've seen on a sedan. :D

Yes and I was not impressed. The looks are okay but the back looks funky. It also doesn't seem to have the fun that it's coupe based Rapid GT's do. Haven't done a road trip in one but I might to get a full opinion.

yeah i have the oracle 2 as well i think its really sexy maybe the sexiest 4-door car along with sultan rs. 

and i love Aston martin so i really love the looks of rapide gt but i wish the exemplar was as good.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:06 AM

Either the

Benefactor Schafter

Schafter-GTAV-Front.png

or the

Oracle 2.

Oracle_2_(Front%26Side)-GTAV.jpg

Both cars look absolutely stunning, so you can't go wrong in that department. However in terms of overall performance the Oracle 2 has the edge but only slightly over the Schafter. It's just a wee bit better. 

• Evo X Ali likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:56 AM

I swear to god somebody just bought a Gran Coupe a few houses down from mine! :O This is going to be so awesome to see on a regular basis.

• Evo X Ali likes this

Evo X Ali
  • Evo X Ali

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:53 AM

i just tuned the exemplar to the max and im not impressed its still slow to take off and it seems kind of heavy. good top speed and handling though but certainly not the best 4 door. 

I also just tuned a Felon to the max and oh my i think i just found the best 4-door when it comes to performance. i used to drive it stock and didn't think it was that special but now i just found out the car is a beast, perfect traction control, quick to take off, perfect handling and grip, best brakes out of all the 4-doors and great top speed. It seems to be like the sultan rs but with much better brakes, traction control and handling, maybe slightly higher top speed and slightly lower acceleration than sultan rs.

so now i've made up my mind, i'm keeping three 4-door cars in my online garage, Sultan RS, Oracle 2 and Felon. beast mission cars and perfect for the crew.

So i think when you are not that good at controlling a car in chases i think felon is the best 4-door option with around same speeds as sultan and oracle 2, but only if you have it tuned to the max! it seems slow as stock. although sultan is still my favourite.  :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users