Photo

Game Failing to Save Post Patch

88 replies to this topic
Rule of Two
  • Rule of Two

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:23 PM

Just checked Social Club and it's definitely catching up!

AgentTran
  • AgentTran

Top Negro

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

I've lost about 10 levels, but thats not what I'm ultimately mad about.

One of my friends got deleted, he did not glitch or anything, just got deleted. So he has to now start from scratch, which was unfair... 

For a game which is highly known and is looked up to in the industry, this is very disappointing. 

• RICHIECOQUI likes this

Rubidium86
  • Rubidium86

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:42 PM Edited by Rubidium86, 20 October 2013 - 04:58 PM.

A few times I've seen a message in the lower left corner of the screen telling me my game hasn't saved. I would suggest waiting until you see the 'save successful' box pop up before exiting. Having lost progress myself I now just wait in my garage until it updates. Not ideal but less of a risk than exiting when there's a possibility the game won't save, especially if you've racked up a lot of RP and cash.
Good luck!
Having said that, it appears some people are doing this and still losing progress. If you do want to carry on playing, I would say save and exit regularly rather than play all night and lose everything. I know it's bollocks to have to do this but you should at least keep what you've earned most of the time. Mind you, if you're glitching or boosting I couldn't care less if you've lost everything - touche! I only care about players that play 'properly'. But, that's my personal opinion of course.

Rubidium86
  • Rubidium86

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:12 PM

Absolutely, this is seriously wrong. We play the game for enjoyment, nothing more and nothing less. Once the enjoyment goes, so does the playing. R*'s credibility is being questioned on a massive scale right now. Most gamers aren't stupid and will consider other options before buying the next R* game.

I've lost about 10 levels, but thats not what I'm ultimately mad about.
One of my friends got deleted, he did not glitch or anything, just got deleted. So he has to now start from scratch, which was unfair... 

For a game which is highly known and is looked up to in the industry, this is very disappointing.

Bflaker
  • Bflaker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:16 PM

Just thought I should let you guys know that my stats finally updated today. I didn't play yesterday and I just checked to see where my stats were at and my lvl 33 is back, my money is back, and my tattoos and clothes I bought for my character are back. Still pretty lame that it happened, so I hope they fix it soon.

Reaper21321
  • Reaper21321

Overlord

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:09 PM

So are things back to normal?

hansabergen
  • hansabergen

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

My is back ti normal.. But how long?

Reaper21321
  • Reaper21321

Overlord

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

No one is getting their characters deleted anymore? Did anyone get theirs back?

cml41
  • cml41

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:35 PM

I have lost at least 2-3 ranks and over 300k since update. Got on tonight and made some cash. Quit game directly from online mode. Checked R* Social and money is there right after turning off PS3. Previously I have always logged out online and gone to single player to quit the game. Not sure if this is the reason nothing is saving since update but I'm trying everything at this point. Haven't logged back on yet to check. Another point, before and after updates I have always loaded online from the start up screen. Just trying different combos to see what works.

cml41
  • cml41

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:15 AM

So I get back on by going directly online from start up screen. Money is there but in pocket not in bank. So I put it in the bank again and exit online to single player then exit game from there. Money shows up still on R*. This time at start up screen I let it go to story mode then get online from single player. Money is in bank. Hopefully this works from here on out start up from story mode and exiting from story mode.

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:00 AM

I played sunday morning/afternoon and it was functional. It even caught me up from the progress I lost on Sat. Weird how it works, I kept testing things on sat.... getting one rank, buying some ammo ect. I eventually gave up and decided to take advantage of the fact nothing was saving and went rampaging... Today I logged on to find all the xp I earned sat added up to get me to rank 13 and it gave me SMG i bought.... odd how it just catches up like that. 

cml41
  • cml41

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:38 AM

Mine never caught up. Today has been fine but I also changed how I load and quit the game. May have nothing to do with it but sticking to it

PreciousWall
  • PreciousWall

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:50 AM

so is it fixed now?

AJ-in-JAX
  • AJ-in-JAX

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:24 AM

I was having this problem over the weekend too. I kept starting off the game w/ $300K at level 52.

My RP and $ wasn't saving, but my garage was.

That changed yesterday AFTER I SWITCHED CREWS.

I spent about $100K on upgrades, so when I left the game I had $200K'ish. I went all the way to the dashboard, restarted the game and waited for single player to load. Then I went to the online menu and switched my crew. When I loaded back into online my guy was only holding $200K and my RP points were exactly what they were when I left before.

I don't know if it'll work for everyone but it's worth a try.

Now I didn't get any money or RP back, I was up to level 57 Friday night w/ about $450K, but now my guy is saving again and I didn't lose anything drastic. 

If you try this, and it works, please post back that it did so other will know.

evilhunter1987
  • evilhunter1987

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:43 AM

its for fockng 3 days now i plat i was focking  lvl 105 and now its gone its lvl 95 agian chash and lvl are gone

but rockstras never help i post on support no anser i post on forum and its the facking same no anser

dere dowing nothing about it trust mee its crap dere gowing to loss alot off ppl if its not gowing to fix the damn probleem i posting 3 days now

so i hoop the rockstras are now do samthing about it and i mean now

LtDizzee
  • LtDizzee

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:31 PM Edited by LtDizzee, 21 October 2013 - 02:31 PM.

Mine definitely isn't catching up. Logged off yesterday afternoon when I realised the cloud servers weren't working properly. Made sure to wait until it said "SAVED SUCCESSFULLY" before I went off after going from level 66 to 67, and 740k to 800k. Came on today and it's back to what it was before, pretty sure this is the 3rd time I've gone from being 67 back to 66 in the last 3 days too...

Rule of Two
  • Rule of Two

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:09 PM

Well, I guess I got excited over nothing. I'm supposed to be level 71 and Rockstar Social Club has only updated me back to level 69. Still better than level 64 though.

Odd thing is, RSC and my in-game online stats both show my Global RP where it should be. Wonder why the rank isn't working properly if the acquired rank is technically there.

Wolfrat
  • Wolfrat

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

My Cash and RP have not updated in over 40 hours.  Please fix this issue!  Please communicate with us!

AgentTran
  • AgentTran

Top Negro

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:56 PM

Yeah, been since Saturday and my rank and RP have not updated. 

I lost alot of progress, do you think it is safe to get back on and make some more levels, or no? 

NickatNite89
  • NickatNite89

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:22 AM

do you think it is safe to get back on and make some more levels, or no?

Nope. Best do just waited it out.

gnad1992
  • gnad1992

f*ck off

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:23 AM

Bunch of f*ckers @ cockstar.

I lost my progress and money today, BUT somehow I still have the Sandking XL I bought and upgraded....

Wolfrat
  • Wolfrat

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:20 AM

It is saving vehicles and vehicles mods, but not Cash, RP, or weapons.

I am in two Crews.  Is everyone having these problems in multiple Crews?

d b
  • d b

Player

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:03 AM

a car i bought saved fine but every time i exit i get reset back to level 21 and lose any money i made

gnad1992
  • gnad1992

f*ck off

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:51 AM

Finally!!!

Guys check out the Social Club, I got my money ($1,200,000) and RP back!!! 

Grim.Freeborn
  • Grim.Freeborn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

Don't know what was happening with the game last night, played fine while in missions (grinding boneyard) but something happened and the host got lost so got dumped back to offline story mode.  Logged back in fine but hadn't saved any progress so 100k lost and the RP I earnt. 

So I thought I'd try again and after three more runs through boneyard same thing happened again and I lost all that progress too

Anyone else have any issues last night?

m176195
  • m176195

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

Yes, same last night would not save any money or progress . I had no other issues. I even tried changing crews as some suggested, nothing worked

Bflaker
  • Bflaker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:53 PM

Happened to me twice last night. Played before dinner and when I got on afterwards everything was gone. Played again last night and bought an apartment. Checked my stats today and I lost all the rp and cash I earned last night. I've lost count how many times this has happened now. I'm starting to get pissed off.

gnad1992
  • gnad1992

f*ck off

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

Don't know what was happening with the game last night, played fine while in missions (grinding boneyard) but something happened and the host got lost so got dumped back to offline story mode.  Logged back in fine but hadn't saved any progress so 100k lost and the RP I earnt. 

So I thought I'd try again and after three more runs through boneyard same thing happened again and I lost all that progress too

Anyone else have any issues last night?

Yes, same last night would not save any money or progress . I had no other issues. I even tried changing crews as some suggested, nothing worked

Happened to me twice last night. Played before dinner and when I got on afterwards everything was gone. Played again last night and bought an apartment. Checked my stats today and I lost all the rp and cash I earned last night. I've lost count how many times this has happened now. I'm starting to get pissed off.

Just wait a bit guys, it will come back. I got my $500k and RP back!

agentorunge
  • agentorunge

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:35 PM

Lost all my progress from last night (rank and rp). Cash was reset to when I started playing but all the car mods and weapons I bought were kept. It seems that whenever I rp farm on criminal records the cloud fails to save any of my progress from that session.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users