Photo

Game Failing to Save Post Patch

88 replies to this topic
SGT TickleFight
  • SGT TickleFight

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:29 AM

My game is not saving any progress since installing the patch. I tried everything including deleting and re-installing the patch and the problem is still there.

Anyone else having this problem?

Please fix R*...lvl 58(legit)

SGT TickleFight
  • SGT TickleFight

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:52 AM

Bump. You already deleted a lvl 30 char of mine - this crap is getting tired...

Mussieboy84
  • Mussieboy84

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:58 AM

I have stopped playing online for now, done survival mode twice. Got good rp and cash. Then get kicked by other players load up again and my rp and cash never saved. Was working fine before the update. Whats the point in giving us $500k when you cant rank up which i care more about than cash.

evilclive
  • evilclive

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:02 AM

Since the update my game has frozen twice while im in my apartment and i lost hours worth of grinding.

Kendoyid
  • Kendoyid

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:06 AM

lost 2 hours worth of gameplay earlier,had lots of problems today with most parts of the game.

SGT TickleFight
  • SGT TickleFight

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:06 AM

Someone from Rockstar said on their support forums that the servers just aren't updating progress and will show up in a few hours.  I somehow find that hard to believe.  Sounds like they are stalling...

Hopefully deleting and reinstalling the patch a couple times didn't affect that...if there is any truth to it...

BurningBalls
  • BurningBalls

The furthest minion of the Crimson King

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:07 AM

Nothing is being saved.

I just went into Online, got a few attachments for my guns, then exited Online to force a save.

I get back into Online and the attachments are all gone. I've done this several times already, it's just not saving.

BlackEdge
  • BlackEdge

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:07 AM

My game is not saving any progress since installing the patch. I tried everything including deleting and re-installing the patch and the problem is still there.

Please fix R*...lvl 58(legit)

And this is why I took my copy to gamestop and got 30 bucks for it. f*ck Rockstar and their broken ass game

DS Monkfish
  • DS Monkfish

Doesn't know how to do good avatars

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:11 AM Edited by DS Monkfish, 19 October 2013 - 01:12 AM.

According to R* support, saving is delayed by a few hours and nothing is lost, it's just taking aaaaages to show up. I "lost" 6 levels tonight but my car upgrades were saved just fine, and my money was all over the place. Saving and reloading 8 or 9 times, my level's creeping back up on its own, as is my cash.

Clicky

Misfits1904
  • Misfits1904

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:26 AM

Yeah I'm having the same problem. My cars are updating but that's it. Quick question, I moved up 3 or 4 levels before going offline and then back on to realize it was 'lost'. Then I went back offline and on a few times to try different things to get something to save. So will my character go back up to the highest level I got it to or just the last time I tried to save it?

DS Monkfish
  • DS Monkfish

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:29 AM

Yeah I'm having the same problem. My cars are updating but that's it. Quick question, I moved up 3 or 4 levels before going offline and then back on to realize it was 'lost'. Then I went back offline and on a few times to try different things to get something to save. So will my character go back up to the highest level I got it to or just the last time I tried to save it?

Supposedly, it should go back to where it was. Supposedly. We'll know in a few hours, I guess.

BurningBalls
  • BurningBalls

The furthest minion of the Crimson King

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:35 AM

Supposedly, it should go back to where it was. Supposedly. We'll know in a few hours, I guess.

And what if it doesn't?

That is a whole lot of wasted progress.

It doesn't even make sense. Why would there be a "delay" in saving?

DS Monkfish
  • DS Monkfish

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:41 AM

And what if it doesn't?

That is a whole lot of wasted progress.

It doesn't even make sense. Why would there be a "delay" in saving?

No argument here. It's pretty damn lame. Just checked mine again and three of my six lost levels are back, as is half of my cash. So far so good...

The decision not to implement a manual local save as a backup in the event of cloud storage being unreliable bullsh*t was remarkably stupid, unless I'm missing something.

c4grafx
  • c4grafx

--TEAM HURE--

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:43 AM

never happened before -_- now 4h and 2 levels are gone

i thought i would be the only one -_-

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:48 AM Edited by blk95ta, 19 October 2013 - 02:15 AM.

I did some races for about $20k and leveled up to 89. I quit the races and went back to free roam and joined a friend's game. When i got there i was back on lvl 88 and my $20k was gone from my wallet. Then later it seemed like the $20k returned but not the level. I had to do some more racing to get 89 again and then leveled to 90

SGT TickleFight
  • SGT TickleFight

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:56 AM

I will check my char after Stl romps the Dodgers and update what happens.

gta5locknloaded
  • gta5locknloaded

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:59 AM

Delay in saves, no loss of progress. R* said it'll be fixed later tonight - early tomorrow morning. I hope so, because I played for like 4 hrs straight and want to keep all my RP and $$$

Mr_Hate_Me
  • Mr_Hate_Me

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:00 AM

I did survival, completed 10 waves, and then leveled up. Logged off to have dinner and then logged back on only to notice I'm back down a level.

Nothing serious, but curious.

SmokinScorp
  • SmokinScorp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:09 AM

Yep same here, getting a bit much now. Had 5 characters deleted, cars gone, money gone, could not get online for days. Now this, had enough now, time to get rid.

Cpt_Mustache
  • Cpt_Mustache

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:10 AM

Just got a notification ingame that cloud servers are unavailable, could not save.  Time to stay online until that goes away.

Tayman
  • Tayman

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:12 AM

Since the update my game has frozen twice while im in my apartment and i lost hours worth of grinding.

Yah, I just logged in and could not leave my apartment or use the start menu.  Strange to say the least.

GTAPhilly1
  • GTAPhilly1

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:14 AM

Made 100k on boneyard and it's wiped out now

Nivak
  • Nivak

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:20 AM

Yes.  Money and RP earned are not saving for me, although car mods and changes to the garage are saving successfully.  

Interestingly, I earned a level dependent LSC unlock and then subsequently lost the required level.. but the unlock is still available.

Beyond882001
  • Beyond882001

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:33 AM

Happened to me about 15 mins ago. Notification pops up saying it couldn't save but after about 5 mines a pop up came up saying save successful. Still crazy to me how these pop ups don't show up during a mission..

AutoPenalti
  • AutoPenalti

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:33 AM

Made 320k in races, switched to Michael to start a crew session and went back to 70$.

SGT TickleFight
  • SGT TickleFight

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:44 AM

My cash on my social club stats just went from 1028 to 1075 so maybe there is some truth to what R* said...

SGT TickleFight
  • SGT TickleFight

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:48 AM

RP just went up to. Been offline for a couple of hours now but it looks like it is updating...very slowly...

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:51 AM

I probably lost up to $50,000 and a whole level (or two) of progress earlier today.  R* further broke their game with this patch.

riksterinto
  • riksterinto

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:03 AM

I was just playing with some friends in a party for a few hours and then went to go back into free mode from a playlist.  I received a timeout message from Rockstar and was booted out to single player.  I restarted the game and went back into online.  It appears that I have lost all my progress and close to $100K.  Previously I had close to 400K in the bank and had just reached Level 76.  Now I am Level 73 again and have just under $300K in the bank.  Funny thing about it is that an Oracle that I had just stolen and placed in my garage prior to receiving the timeout is still in my garage.  I remember stealing it about 10-15 minutes before I lost all the $$ and progress.

Ataricade
  • Ataricade

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:16 AM

ive been out of the game for a hour or so and checking the webpage my rank has been slowly creeping up where it should be. not there yet tho. lets hope if the saves were working and just being slow that once it reaches where it should be it doesn't jump back down. i know alot of us kept playing hope it didnt save over with the lower rank

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users