Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is anyone else slightly disappointed with the radio stations?

44 replies to this topic
Rainbow_Dash
  • Rainbow_Dash

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:09 AM Edited by Rainbow_Dash, 22 October 2013 - 10:11 AM.

And I'm sorry..Channel X just sucks. And that's coming from someone who listens to punk, industrial, and metal. For the biggest game in a decade, you'd think they'd play some real mean classics. But instead we get some "punk" station where everyone singing sounds like they're drunk and slurring their words, 

The very fact that you put punk in quotes indicates to me that you don't actually listen to any punk. If you did, you'd know that Black Flag, TSOL, FEAR, the Descendents, Agent Orange, Youth Brigade, the Circle Jerks, the Adolescents and the Weirdos are among some of the more renowned punk bands, not only in LA,/So-Cal but in general. That being said, Channel X is the best radio station in the game, hands-down.

Making an assumption about me just because I put a certain word in quotes..Wow. That's REALLY grasping at straws, dude..I know a lot of Punk music..I think I even had The Descendents on my old ipod before it got stolen at a bus stop. But I mostly listen to cyberpunk.

The assumption that we all love rap sucks.
Way way too much rap.
That is all.

The assumption that we all love dubstep sucks. And if its not dubstep, then its just something equally annoying. The only rap music I like and even RECOGNIZE is Dr. Dre. Everything else needs to go.

And am I the only one that notices Sleepwalking is probably the most rare song ever? Since the day I bought the game on the 17nth, I only ever heard the song on Radio Mirror Park like...Six times. Which is really obnoxious since its pretty much my only true FAVORITE song on the GTA V radio, other then Miami Horror.

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

I don't know, it's one of those songs you'll hear more often when you stop wanting to. To me it seems I keep hearing the song over and over again, whether I walked into a Suburban and heard it or its on the radio.

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:07 AM

I hardly ever hear the Sleepwalking song, which I like. But I always hear that annoying Subliminal song.

Rainbow_Dash
  • Rainbow_Dash

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:38 PM

That's the punk song I'm talking about. I walk into ammunation and hear that song playing..And I'm just like "Alright, f*ck it. I'll come back later". It reminds me of Slayer, but at least I LIKE Slayer to some extent. That song just sounds like some drunk guy on NyQuil singing into a karaoke. God, just thinking about this crappy music annoys me. You know what has some good music? Breaking Bad..They use really good songs in their episodes. "Pick yourself up" and "Out of time man" might not be MY genre, but it was still catchy enough to play in my head.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:48 PM

The radio of GTA V is horrible, other than a handful of songs. Sanits Row has better music, and that is sad. I can't even stomach listening to it so I just keep it off. I noticed my nephew playing and anytime he got in a vehicle, the first thing he done was turn the radio off. I asked why and he said because it sucked bad. I LOL because I never gave him my opinion on it. This is L.A. so why is there no classic rock and hair bands? The country radio is absurd as well. Ivan Polvich needs sent off kickin cans. What horrible taste he has in music.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

The soundtrack is above average imo, it could have been better. EFLC had a good soundtrack, so I don't know what happened here. Some of the songs don't even fit the vibe.

Valanazes
  • Valanazes

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

Why couldn't it be like Saints Row, where you could buy CDs? And people were so excited about that concept art of Micheal wearing earbuds and listening to an ipod-esque device. And I was one of em. I thought "Cool! So maybe we could make our own playlists but that was just one big NOPE.

Yes! Yes! Yes! I loved this feature in Saints Row, loved the Mixtape as well they had on there allowing ya to select songs ya own and put them in a playlist.

But on this topic generally, I must agree... There's nowhere near enough songs on the radio. It's practically the same songs over and over and over again and it can be a bit tedious when I'm not stoned. Personally, I find the radios to be one of the best features in the game and would love to see a lot more songs added. 

Especially some Gorillaz & Meatloaf, they are artists that ya just have to be listening to when you're blazing down the motorway, bottle of Pisswasser in hand.

rovert
  • rovert

Los Santos Hobo

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:39 PM

Oh I really hate that mexican rap, everytime I get into a cab, makes me wanna punch some NPCs.

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

Is it just me or is everything sh*t?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
  • Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Bloody Ungrateful 2016

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:44 PM Edited by ShootPeopleNotDope, 22 October 2013 - 06:44 PM.

And I'm sorry..Channel X just sucks. And that's coming from someone who listens to punk, industrial, and metal. For the biggest game in a decade, you'd think they'd play some real mean classics. But instead we get some "punk" station where everyone singing sounds like they're drunk and slurring their words, 

The very fact that you put punk in quotes indicates to me that you don't actually listen to any punk. If you did, you'd know that Black Flag, TSOL, FEAR, the Descendents, Agent Orange, Youth Brigade, the Circle Jerks, the Adolescents and the Weirdos are among some of the more renowned punk bands, not only in LA,/So-Cal but in general. That being said, Channel X is the best radio station in the game, hands-down.

Making an assumption about me just because I put a certain word in quotes..Wow. That's REALLY grasping at straws, dude..I know a lot of Punk music..I think I even had The Descendents on my old ipod before it got stolen at a bus stop. But I mostly listen to cyberpunk.

You were implying it wasn't a punk station, that's the only reason you put it in quotes. Why else would you? 

And it's fairly obvious you don't know a lot of punk music, or much about it. If you did, you wouldn't be slagging off the bands on Channel X, and you definitely wouldn't be complaining about the f*cking vocals of all things. You sound like my mom.

That's the punk song I'm talking about. I walk into ammunation and hear that song playing..And I'm just like "Alright, f*ck it. I'll come back later". It reminds me of Slayer, but at least I LIKE Slayer to some extent. That song just sounds like some drunk guy on NyQuil singing into a karaoke. 

That's funny, cause Slayer reminds me of Suicidal Tendencies, but that's probably because they were highly influenced by them, and even covered one of Suicidal's songs:

The only band that sounds like the vocalist is really f*cked up is the Germs, and that's probably because Darby Crash was at the time of the recording, as he was during most performances. 

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:25 PM

I like:
Sleepwalking
All the things she said
Sometimes
You know how we do it
Gin n Juice
Party all the time
Viva... something a jazzy song
Throw Down
Heaven Help
Some other Vice City-ish LRR song
Adult Education
And maybe 5-10 other songs.

IV had a lot more favorites of mine, San Andreas had a lot too, and Vice City the most. V's is the worst by me. :/

Godeater
  • Godeater

RUSH RLZ

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:17 PM Edited by Godeater, 22 October 2013 - 08:26 PM.

I'm loving the game overall, but the radio stations are absolute weak sauce. Doesn't even hold a candle to anything going back to Vice CIty, looking back on previous soundtracks are enough to bring a tear to your eye.

Here's hoping they rectify this one way or another... adding songs/stations via updates with all the $$$ they made, purchasible DLC or update to allow custom soundtrack... a game this good deserves this aspect to be top notch. Compared to many fans I'm sure I've "barely played" the game, maybe 25 hours in or whatever and already bored enough of the stations to flip over to country when I am desperate. We need hard rock + metal back dammit!

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

Ah, the epitomy of annoyance that is you. :dozing: Stop making assumptions because it'll only make an ass out of you.

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Bloody Ungrateful 2016

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:32 PM

Ah, the epitomy of annoyance that is you. :dozing: Stop making assumptions because it'll only make an ass out of you.

Epitome* 

Rainbow_Dash
  • Rainbow_Dash

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:32 PM

You were implying it wasn't a punk station, that's the only reason you put it in quotes. Why else would you? 

And it's fairly obvious you don't know a lot of punk music, or much about it. If you did, you wouldn't be slagging off the bands on Channel X, and you definitely wouldn't be complaining about the f*cking vocals of all things. You sound like my mom.

That's the punk song I'm talking about. I walk into ammunation and hear that song playing..And I'm just like "Alright, f*ck it. I'll come back later". It reminds me of Slayer, but at least I LIKE Slayer to some extent. That song just sounds like some drunk guy on NyQuil singing into a karaoke. 

That's funny, cause Slayer reminds me of Suicidal Tendencies, but that's probably because they were highly influenced by them, and even covered one of Suicidal's songs:

The only band that sounds like the vocalist is really f*cked up is the Germs, and that's probably because Darby Crash was at the time of the recording, as he was during most performances. 

Alright, shut up. Just do me a favor and shut the f*ck up. You have no idea what you're talking about. If this topic was about me and my tastes in music, I'd be all over your ass naming bands here and there. But its not about me. So I don't get why you're trying to make it like that. I mean..Why should I give this whole argument or this huge explanation about how many punk songs I know, when that's not even the subject at hand?

I swear, people just love picking fights about anything. Okay, we get it. You're a hardcore punk fan. No one cares. This topics not about you and your insatiable love for punk.

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Bloody Ungrateful 2016

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:03 AM Edited by ShootPeopleNotDope, 24 October 2013 - 01:03 AM.

Alright, shut up. Just do me a favor and shut the f*ck up. You have no idea what you're talking about. If this topic was about me and my tastes in music, I'd be all over your ass naming bands here and there. But its not about me. So I don't get why you're trying to make it like that. I mean..Why should I give this whole argument or this huge explanation about how many punk songs I know, when that's not even the subject at hand?

I swear, people just love picking fights about anything. Okay, we get it. You're a hardcore punk fan. No one cares. This topics not about you and your insatiable love for punk.

Look, you made this thread asking about other's opinions on the radio stations in GTA V. it's right in the title. You mentioned the music you wished had been included in the game, and expressed your distaste of Channel X. I disagree with your opinion, and think that you--"someone who likes punk"--should know better, considering the influence of the LA/So-Cal punk scene, and how well known pretty much every band featured on Channel X is, even outside of the punk scene. You may have had the Descendents on your iPod, great. But you've really never heard of FEAR? Black Flag? You expected "real mean classics", and that's exactly what Rockstar gave you. I'm sorry it's not the boring dadrock you wanted.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users