Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is anyone else slightly disappointed with the radio stations?

44 replies to this topic
Rainbow_Dash
  • Rainbow_Dash

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:55 PM

I can name a few songs I like..The Next Episode by Dr. Dre, Sometimes, by Miami Horror, Sleepwalking by the Chain Gang of 1974, and uh..Chicago, "If you leave me now". Then there's ONE techno song I like but I don't remember the name..But yeah, that's pretty much all I like. I'm not saying that GTA SA had more songs, but..It sure kinda seems like it. But maybe thats because their songs were more classic and I liked more. Anyway, they got Rhianna, Britney Spears, Fergie and..What, some band called "23"? I listened to a few of the country songs..But it seems like the rest of the music is just annoying dubstep..Or at least it sounds like dubstep. Sometimes when I'm in GTA Online, my stupid radios stuck on either some annoying Spanish song, or some annoying dubstep song that just keeps saying the same word over and over again and I just go "Oh f*ck, thats annoying!"

Let me put to you this way...GTA 5 has the worst hangover music ever. I mean..That's just a fair warning to all of you. If you have a hangover, do NOT listen to the radio on GTA 5. Call me old fashioned, but..I was hoping for some more classic music..Like AC/DC, Iron Maiden, The Eagles, Craig David, or uh..Nine Inch Nails? Not really a classic in my opinion but..Hey, it works. I mean, for me..It'd be a little more than amazing hearing "Shoot to thrill" blasting on the radio as you're flying through the desert in a jet, doing barrel rolls, somersaults, flying below bridges. I mean..They could've had Aerosmith or Bon Jovi at least! And some dude said they had a song from MUSE in there, when the radio info leaked before release date. To this day, I have never found it. So I assume it was just speculation.

Anyway, that's my rant for the day. And WCTR seems kinda..I don't know..Limited. They got the Fernando Show, Chattersphere, Chakra Attack..I guess they make up for it with Blaine Country Radio? I don't know. But the radio just seems a little unfinished to me. And some of the music..Well..Most of it..Is terrible. At least they got Rick James.

• PIOCapacitor likes this

red111
  • red111

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:50 PM

Nah, I like it like all the other ones. Many songs that I enjoy driving to at night as well.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:57 PM

I'm beginning to like the radio more and more in this game.

Rainbow_Dash
  • Rainbow_Dash

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:03 AM

Seriously, I didnt even know Eddie Murphy was a singer. I mean..This IS the same Eddie Murphy from comedy, right?

red111
  • red111

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:13 AM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=-Nh5CapYICg

classic. reminds of gta 3 for some reason

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:14 AM Edited by Tacymist, 19 October 2013 - 12:15 AM.

@Raindow_Dash:

The one and only.

GratuitousViolets
  • GratuitousViolets

Numpty

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:16 AM

I was thinking today I would really enjoy it if Rockstar made some DLC packs that basically added stations to the game.  I could see them making some bank with that alone as a lot of people are/were quite dissatisfied (myself included) with the quality of the radio in the game. 

Everything from the adverts to the DJs...all very blah to me.  But I would happily pay £4.99 for a new radio station with songs I LIKE.  Even if it was just the return of some of the OLD stations from previous games. 

Crunch McThornbody
  • Crunch McThornbody

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:20 AM

I figured out a basic workaround to the lack of decent tunes:

Feed the audio from my XBox to the line-in on my PC, allowing me to overlay my preferred music onto the game audio.

Heck they already f**ked up the 5.1 audio (center speaker is silent most of the time) so i have to feed downmixed stereo audio from my XBox to my 5.1 receiver so that it can apply Pro-Logic II to the sound to mix it to the 5.1 speakers. Which makes overlaying my own music just another step in the "getting the best sound from the game" process.

Vatus
  • Vatus

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:48 AM

Nah, I like most of them. The rap songs are great selection the best selection of the series imo because of the modern and old school rap. The pop songs are awesome. The funk songs are awesome. Country have some good music in there. The Worldwide station have some nice Jazz songs.

This pop song is my favorite with Jane Child "I don't want to fall in love":

Some of the rock songs are good, but I feel like they could've gone better. But maybe it's not my cup of tea.

And this song is my favorite of GTA 5 of one of the credits too: Favored Nations - The Setup:

And I wish Rockstar would let you add your own songs or something. That would be sweet.

TheGreenSadler
  • TheGreenSadler

a.k.a. MrCamTheMan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:55 AM Edited by TheGreenSadler, 19 October 2013 - 01:56 AM.

Yep, V's radio is a little bland compared to previous titles. The only songs that appeal to me are Sleepwalking, Rain, Heartbeat, Baker Street, Rockin Me, Feel the same and Hood Gone Love It.

Rainbow_Dash
  • Rainbow_Dash

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:19 AM Edited by Rainbow_Dash, 19 October 2013 - 02:26 AM.

@Raindow_Dash:

The one and only.

Wow, you just totally blew my mind.

I was thinking today I would really enjoy it if Rockstar made some DLC packs that basically added stations to the game.  I could see them making some bank with that alone as a lot of people are/were quite dissatisfied (myself included) with the quality of the radio in the game. 

Everything from the adverts to the DJs...all very blah to me.  But I would happily pay £4.99 for a new radio station with songs I LIKE.  Even if it was just the return of some of the OLD stations from previous games. 

That was actually exactly what I was thinking..The game relies so much on its ingame phone and ingame stores, I had the impression that they'd make a parody of Itunes or something..With some real classics. Maybe its just because I grew up listening to this song in the desert but.."Hotel California" just seems like the perfect song to listen to while you're out in the desert.

I'd sing along to this everytime its on the radio.

And "A horse with no name" would be a great song but..They already used it in GTA: SA. But I swear to god it would be so awesome if they had some AC/DC. It'd especially go with GTA Online..Just chasing after a bounty while "Shoot to thrill" is playing. Speeding down a highway into oncoming traffic, dodging every car. I remember on the final heist ingame, Miami Horrors came on the radio and I just thought to myself "My favorite song on the last heist? Ah yeah, this is gonna be sweet!" And I'm sorry..Channel X just sucks. And that's coming from someone who listens to punk, industrial, and metal. For the biggest game in a decade, you'd think they'd play some real mean classics. But instead we get some "punk" station where everyone singing sounds like they're drunk and slurring their words, and Rhianna's stupid whiny voice screeching about how horny and wet she is for someone to plow her in the ass.

With the direction they're going, I dont know if I wanna play the next Grand Theft Auto..Cuz I'd be too afraid of it having Justin Bieber.

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:33 AM Edited by lizardman563, 19 October 2013 - 06:40 AM.

Do you know what I'd kill for, just to hear on the IG radio?

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Ka_pPf7OqiE

Or as a substitute.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=SEuKkcX1uKA

You know, something along those lines. A passionate rock song that makes you blast the f*cking volume to the max. The classic rock radio station in this game is VERY underwhelming, as is the score in general. That is pretty much my one complaint about the game at all. 

Yoshack_Fyre
  • Yoshack_Fyre

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:47 AM

Whenever I get in a car I immediately switch it to the talk radio station. The only time I listen to songs is when it's playing during a mission when I won't be able to concentrate on the spoken word. I am a little disappointed that there isn't a Sirius like variety of stations to choose from. GTA5 is set in 2013 right? There should be Satellite Radio, am I wrong? I would love there to be a Beatles station, and a Ramones station, Rolling Stones, Sex Pistols, Aerosmith.....GOOD STUFF. Every song that I've heard play, is the first time I've ever heard the song. I've NEVER heard a song play in GTA5 that I recognized from an earlier part of my life.

You know what I REALLY miss? GTA3 and GTA Vice City on the PC, oh way oh WAAAAAAAY back when. In those games, FOR PC mind you, you could make a custom playlist of some or ALL of ANY MP3 files  you had on your computer at the time. Then in the game you could select a radio station, and one of the choices would be your MP3 folder. In our current age of consoles with giant ass hard drives, where we can easily store MP3s or FLACs or WAV files or what have you, I can't understand why Rockstar would remove the "Custom Station" option that they had with GTA3 and Vice City. Something for them to think about for GTA VI, but it would be better if they could include the capability in an update for GTA V.

• kamikazeedriver likes this

denzeldenzel
  • denzeldenzel

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:33 PM

Radio stations just aren't as good this time round.

jc0187
  • jc0187

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:55 PM

Yup. I feel the same way. I wouldn't go as far as sayin the entire radio sucks, but it is definitely lacking. I too wish there was some Metallica, AC/DC, Bon Jovi...

On a side note, is there anyway to lock in certain radio stations?? I am so damn sick and tired of jumping in my car and hearing a GODAMN Spanish song. Or rap, or phuk, Country. Jesus.

l The Spider l
  • l The Spider l

Ninja

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

I enjoy the majority of the tracks from West Coast Classics, Space and The Lowdown.

TargetPractice
  • TargetPractice

I know what I know

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:33 PM

Why would anyone spend $60 on a game to ..... listen to the radio?

I have a stereo that allows me to listen to anything I choose.

When I'm playing a game that requires concentration, especially while being shot @, my radio is OFF!

I guess some people want to get kill to the tune of their favorite song! lololollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

:-/

kamikazeedriver
  • kamikazeedriver

Don

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

I'm very disappointed. In the past, there was an incredibly large amount of songs used for all the radio stations. It really did a lot for the immersion. The rest of the game is very improved, but they really took away from some of the small things.
It could be due to limitations of storage on the Xbox side. That would suck to think my PS3 experience is lessened because of a lack of storage on the media used by the rival console.

GreenBayGuru
  • GreenBayGuru

VTDS Leader & Founder

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:12 PM

Theirs a total lack of anything METAL for selection on the radio, I am not a fan of punk but Channel X is as good as it gets for me and theirs really only 3 songs on it that are decent, I just feel that raging in some GTA 5 online would be much better if I had some straight death metal to crank during it \m/

Rainbow_Dash
  • Rainbow_Dash

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:52 PM

Yup. I feel the same way. I wouldn't go as far as sayin the entire radio sucks, but it is definitely lacking. I too wish there was some Metallica, AC/DC, Bon Jovi...

On a side note, is there anyway to lock in certain radio stations?? I am so damn sick and tired of jumping in my car and hearing a GODAMN Spanish song. Or rap, or phuk, Country. Jesus.

No, I dont think so..But thank god you mention that. I thought I was the only one going through that. God, I hate that music. Just because I'm Mexican does NOT mean I enjoy Spanish music.

Theirs a total lack of anything METAL for selection on the radio, I am not a fan of punk but Channel X is as good as it gets for me and theirs really only 3 songs on it that are decent, I just feel that raging in some GTA 5 online would be much better if I had some straight death metal to crank during it \m/

Hell yeah. Bands like Dark Funeral, Gorgoroth, Emperor, Death, Dethklok(?),  Job For A Cowboy..Even classics like Joe Satriani or Jimmy Hendrix.

Seriously..With the amount of songs on GTA V, I could give you TONS of songs off the top of my head that would be a lot better.

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:07 AM

SA still remains the best, not one song on there that I dislike (just one or two stations I didn't listen to). In V there's no station without a song that I dislike. 

I fully agree with OP, except that ACDC should be added, they're overrated.

myname2917
  • myname2917

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:29 AM

I find the radio stations to be junk. The worst song selection for the entire GTA franchise for me.

Rainbow_Dash
  • Rainbow_Dash

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:58 AM

This might just be how PC players have us beat. Think about it. When GTA V comes out for the PC, they'll be able to have their OWN custom station with the songs that they like. The only GTA I ever had for PC was a torrent of San Andreas..And man, that was amazing. I didn't just fill it up with random songs that didn't fit at all. I added stuff like "Hell in a Handbasket" by Voltaire, Hotel California..But I eventually ruined the whole game with mods so that it stopped working..Which is why I think GTA 5 shouldn't be for PC to save people from the frustrating endeavor of low framerate, lots of mods and..GTA Online modders buut..That's a whole different topic for another time.

Why couldn't it be like Saints Row, where you could buy CDs? And people were so excited about that concept art of Micheal wearing earbuds and listening to an ipod-esque device. And I was one of em. I thought "Cool! So maybe we could make our own playlists but that was just one big NOPE.

DaltonWilliams123
  • DaltonWilliams123

Welsh Wheelman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:08 PM

I only listen to LS Rock Radio and Rebel Radio.

krujones
  • krujones

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

i think the stations are decent!!! I usually have it on Los Santos Radio, Flylo or West Coast Classics but ill give them all a whirl from time to time. Blain County radio is Hillarious!!!

Burrito XL
  • Burrito XL

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

The radio is total trash.

The only good station is Non-stop Pop.

ASAPRocky
  • ASAPRocky

Lord Flacko

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

UNO DOS TRES QUATRO DA DA DA DADADA

• CartmanKusanagi likes this

ijustpooped
  • ijustpooped

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

The assumption that we all love rap sucks.
Way way too much rap.
That is all.

x0v3rKiLx
  • x0v3rKiLx

Our UAV is online!

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:38 AM

They really need to add Independence FM in some way shape or form. Set up your playlist through social club or something, idk. But the total lack of a custom station is inexcusable considering they did it in GTA IV PC.

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

Proletarian-funkadelicparliamentarian

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:36 AM

And I'm sorry..Channel X just sucks. And that's coming from someone who listens to punk, industrial, and metal. For the biggest game in a decade, you'd think they'd play some real mean classics. But instead we get some "punk" station where everyone singing sounds like they're drunk and slurring their words, 

The very fact that you put punk in quotes indicates to me that you don't actually listen to any punk. If you did, you'd know that Black Flag, TSOL, FEAR, the Descendents, Agent Orange, Youth Brigade, the Circle Jerks, the Adolescents and the Weirdos are among some of the more renowned punk bands, not only in LA,/So-Cal but in general. That being said, Channel X is the best radio station in the game, hands-down.

• Laggard likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users