So... I got the military jet...

27 replies to this topic
kylmark
  • kylmark

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:25 PM

91ji9t.jpg

I'm kind of in shock right now. I've tried to get away with stealing the military jet from the base probably 20 times, and my friend thought it was impossible to actually land it as it blew up as soon as he landed it. But somehow, I did it. Maybe this isn't even a big deal, but I havent seen any videos of anyone actually parking the jet in the hangar. So it felt like a BIG deal to me :p

Anyone else manage to pull it off?

• hillaryjane1989 likes this

Moonwalker98
  • Moonwalker98

Jerichoholic

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:02 AM

haven't flown anything in this game yet

FoolCool
  • FoolCool

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:03 AM

Yes.  Every single time I play MP..  Congrats for you, but overall this isn't that impressive.

kylmark
  • kylmark

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:15 AM

I know it's easy to get in in GTA Online, but it seems really hard in Offline. Im just super proud :D

Crunch McThornbody
  • Crunch McThornbody

Thug

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:10 AM

Real easy in offline mode to get:

just drive in the south entrance with the fastest vehicle you can get

turn immediately left and through the parking lot

then turn right into the runway area

stop by one of the parked jets surrounded by sandbags in the center area

jump in before the military get to you and shoot you

fly away quickly whilst dodging the SAMs.

Chris223
  • Chris223

The Simple Gamer

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:13 AM

I stole it by parachuting in.  If you take a helicopter WAY above cloud level you wont get a wanted level.  I dove hard and fast and pulled my parachute and went straight into the hangar.  I was going so fast that I didn't get a wanted level until I actually touched the ground.  In the jet and took off!  haha.

• abruptjones likes this

YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay
  • YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay

Releasing The Inner Geek

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:35 AM

I stole it by parachuting in.  If you take a helicopter WAY above cloud level you wont get a wanted level.  I dove hard and fast and pulled my parachute and went straight into the hangar.  I was going so fast that I didn't get a wanted level until I actually touched the ground.  In the jet and took off!  haha.

That is fun as hell to do that way!

Grand Cannon
  • Grand Cannon

Everywhere and Nowhere

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:29 AM

I was a scrub and took it without any resistance through Trevor's hunting mission. :p

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran Previously KingBulleT 8747

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:13 AM Edited by KingBulleT. 8747, 19 October 2013 - 09:14 AM.

Way easier in MP than in SP. You dontget wanteds until you exit your helicopter.

I always take a chopper from trevors airfield, fly in low and directly into the hangar with the jet. Get out, get wanteds, blast off and go straight upwards in the sky since most of the time 1 or 2 noc jets follow you.

I get it on my first and second tries all the time, it not hard if you know how.

You also dont blow up if you land, dont know whefe your mate has got that from. He probably sucks at landing.

Mpower
  • Mpower

OJ

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:22 AM

I did it the same way lmao, managed to get the jet in the second try :cool:

ManOfDisguise
  • ManOfDisguise

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:37 AM

lol its not that hard i got it on like the 3rd or 4th try and landing and parking it is the easiest part

jwyleski
  • jwyleski

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:12 AM

Once you park it inside the hangar, it respawns again if you crash it.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:35 PM

Go up there with a cab and start the Taxi mission right before you enter the base. It should buy you at least 10 extra seconds.

jaczor
  • jaczor

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:21 PM Edited by jaczor, 19 October 2013 - 03:26 PM.

Try this: I stole the jet as Michael but when I got to the airport in LS I realized that I forgot to buy the hangar, so I couldn't land because I'd get the cops on me and they would destroy it. So, I decided that I would land the jet on the street and then drive up to the real state sign at the airport, buy the hangar and then drive my new jet in.

Now, any normal person would have just bailed, bought the hangar then stolen a new jet, but I felt this challenge was worth trying, even though I didn't think it was possible.

I had to line it up to the straight road that leads to the airport entrance/sign, then I had to fly under the bridge that's located above that street while I was doing my approach, land on the street avoiding signs, cars, light and electricity poles, you also have to bare in mind that the street isn't much wider than the plane itself. The first couple of tries I crashed and burned, then I managed to land but the plane would get stuck on something, it took me about 5 tries, but eventually I got it right: drove up to the sign, bought the hangar and then drove my fancy new jet all the way through the LS airport and into my new hangar, one of my proudest moments in GTA for sure.

And I have proof in case you don't believe it:

0_0.jpg

You can see the bridge and the signs you have to fly under in this one:

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

mind4k3r
  • mind4k3r

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

Each character has it in their hangar. I've stolen it multiple times. If you parachute in you can get it without taking even one shot.

DaltonWilliams123
  • DaltonWilliams123

Snitch

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

What happens if you set a waypoint for where the jet is, call a taxi and skip the ride?

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:42 PM

The way I do it is at the northern entrance to the highway tunnel under the base, get a fast car and takea run up towards the tunnel then, turn slighty right and ramp up the hill and over the fence. I drive on the rrunway and take the 1st jet parked next to the runway. Very easy to do.

Tritium
  • Tritium

Special Agent

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

I just take a taxi to the bridge, floor it to the North hangar, jump onto the wing, since it adds 5 seconds by doing it normally, and get in, fly off.

The advantage to this location is, you need not dodge the extremely accurate AAM's as once you go over the main fence of FZ, you just have to dive for 2-3 seconds and then shoot to the clouds, no helicopters, no AAMs, no problems!

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:21 PM

I stole one before the patch, with the base sending rockets at me. That was way cooler but i prefer after the patch. I kinda preffer the Buzzard anyways.

Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

Youtuber :D

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:25 PM

What happens if you set a waypoint for where the jet is, call a taxi and skip the ride?

It drops you off outside the military base, you can then steal the taxi and press R3 as you hit the barrier, it delays the wanted level and you take the first right first left then first right and turn left and there's the jet (Offline only)

Nathaaann
  • Nathaaann

Thug

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:30 PM

Real easy in offline mode to get:

just drive in the south entrance with the fastest vehicle you can get

turn immediately left and through the parking lot

then turn right into the runway area

stop by one of the parked jets surrounded by sandbags in the center area

jump in before the military get to you and shoot you

fly away quickly whilst dodging the SAMs.

There are no SAMs, just thought I'd point that out. Which is odd really to say it's an airbase and landlocked..

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:18 AM

Does it count if I did it with cheat codes?

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:24 AM

There are no SAMs, just thought I'd point that out. Which is odd really to say it's an airbase and landlocked..

There aren't huh? Interesting since 2 waves of missiles are shot at you when you steal the jet

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:28 AM

Getting the jet gets to be a pretty simple thing after a while, almost boring.

I'd prefer to drive than parachute.

Method 1:

Use whatever car, don't worry about car armour - just a vest, drive in from the far side (where the tower is) on whatever gate entrance side, take a left turn and optionally turn left then right or keep going straight.

Drive up to the end of the runway and bring all the cars chasing you up there, drive down the runway while looking at where the jets are to see if anyone is near them, find an abandoned one - take it and pull back. (Don't stop the car when driving, as police helicopters will spawn and be a PITA.)

Method 2:

Drive over the bridge, turn into the parking lot, bring all the troops following you on a chase around the runway until you find a plane, take it.

Stay away from the hangers as the tanks are usually there.

The jets i take are usually near the runway, there's 2 or 3 but sometimes a guy is there so either kill him or move to the next one.

Just distract the trucks/cars enough to bring them away from the jets.

Have fun.

PineboxFiller
  • PineboxFiller

Liar

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:56 AM Edited by PineboxFiller, 01 November 2013 - 07:56 AM.

I stole one before the patch, with the base sending rockets at me. That was way cooler but i prefer after the patch. I kinda preffer the Buzzard anyways.

What changed with the patch?

Are you talking about SP or MP?

wolfeskimo
  • wolfeskimo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:49 PM

91ji9t.jpg

I'm kind of in shock right now. I've tried to get away with stealing the military jet from the base probably 20 times, and my friend thought it was impossible to actually land it as it blew up as soon as he landed it. But somehow, I did it. Maybe this isn't even a big deal, but I havent seen any videos of anyone actually parking the jet in the hangar. So it felt like a BIG deal to me :p

Anyone else manage to pull it off?

Great! Now what do you gonna do with that? Target some stuff? you can do the same with the buzzard. So the only satisfaction you have is the reward of steal it...

YFV17D
  • YFV17D

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:55 PM

I haven't done it yet successfully, usually take a missile up the 4$$ on the way out. SO you should be proud regardless of all the "its so easy" folks. 

Gingersnaps
  • Gingersnaps

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:45 AM

I made off with it my first attempt. Also landed it at the hanger. Was easy to evade the rockets with barrel rolls and loops.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users