Photo

Money cut yeah

11 replies to this topic
lBloodStar
  • lBloodStar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:20 PM

Hmm why would they cut money from jobs by 1/2? That just seems to push more people to glitch. At least that's what I think anyways ...anyways I'm new so hello to everyone

Kammakazi
  • Kammakazi

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:21 PM

They want you to not rush the f*cking game and get bored easily.

MaximusO3
  • MaximusO3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:22 PM

They want you to slowly and painfully grind the same low-paying missions over and over for weeks until you give in to the torture and purchase a cash card.

lBloodStar
  • lBloodStar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:26 PM

I didn't mind grinding when the money was good, but now it just seems like a waste of time. Not everyone can spend 24/7 playing so the can have a cool apt are a fast car. Just saying it seems like they are pushing people to glitch

Valthero
  • Valthero

Tiger Bait

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:53 PM

I feel like this is their "solution" to the 500k stimulus package deal — they're making up for the free cash they're giving you by reducing the amount of cash you get by working for it. Unless you're the host, of course. But...

Ever since the update, not a single player has joined my missions. Nobody. They all want their full cut of the cash, so they host their own missions. Nobody wants to join open missions and only get half the reward. I sure as hell don't.

kevswans
  • kevswans

FREEDOM FIGHTER

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:54 PM

welcome to the conspiracy theory; plausible and seems like that's what their pushing for.

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:54 PM

Playing the same mission 100 times over just to make $100k isn't boring though right?... cause that's what the missions are... copy-pasted from each other.

GTAPhilly1
  • GTAPhilly1

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:55 PM

Hmm why would they cut money from jobs by 1/2? That just seems to push more people to glitch. At least that's what I think anyways ...anyways I'm new so hello to everyone

Push them to buy money cards.

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:02 AM

The game doesn't end at some set amount of money, though.  If anything, this is just going to lead people to replay the same missions over and over again, getting pretty bored.

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:03 AM

You can't do the glitch anymore. It's over..

God-eater
  • God-eater

Ah, so that's how you change that.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:16 AM

They all want their full cut of the cash, so they host their own missions. Nobody wants to join open missions and only get half the reward. 

Host gets a bigger cut? I didn't know that... it doesn't really seem fair - the host already gets to set the parameters for the job, so they get an advantge there. 

I think the payouts were lowered because R* underestimated the amount of money grinding that would happen - lowering the payout slows down the accumulation of wealth, so we get those high-end items later in our progression. That keeps people playing and keeps the market for microtransactions alive longer. 

And on that, let's not get all snooty about the microtransactions - the fact is, they sell, so it would be fiscally irresponsible for R* to not supply that demand. They are a business, after all - I don't think we're under any illusions as to the sole purpose of any business, are we? And no one is forced to buy cash cards, even if R* does encourage us to do so - and they've been completely up front about the cash cards and what they're for - they are a way for people to speed themselves along, no more and no less. They are not required to complete any content and they do not grant anything that another player could not accumulate over time for free. If you want to fast forward your game to the part where you're rich, drop a few bucks on a million or two. If you're in no rush, then don't. 

Also, dropping the Free Roam medical bills doesn't support the argument that each patch is R* driving us to buy cash cards - I really think that was about responding to feedback and taking some of the anxiety away from really cutting loose in FR - 2K a death can really add up - 500 is far easier to manage.

lBloodStar
  • lBloodStar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:31 AM

Hmm I see. I didn't know the host got it. I figur if you already done the job you get 1/2 pay. Well anyways if anyone ever wants to play hit me up I'm on ps3 IBloodStar is my tag just got a ps3 about a week ago so don't have any friends :) thanks for the info

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users