54 replies to this topic
jared72404
  • jared72404

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:20 PM

One way rockstar profits the other way they dont

Basically this.

One supports the game and the other doesn't. The more money rockstar makes from cash cards, the more content I would except to see in the future. If no one is buying cash cards, they wont have the operating income to keep the servers going for years to come.

You seriously believe the games survival depends on profits from cash cards? Lol. Rockstar has already said cash cards is simply an option and the game is by no means built around it. 

Running this game cost them a great deal of money, cash cards are obviously part of their business model. When businesses are losing money, they find a way to plug that leak or eventually go out of business when the their funds dry up or they call it quits. Cash cards are basically reason this is a F2P game, instead of P2P with a monthly fee. They are trying to expand their business, to make more money, otherwise they would've just stuck with the same basic online experience from GTA IV.

supperman
  • supperman

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:20 PM

Basically this.

One supports the game and the other doesn't. The more money rockstar makes from cash cards, the more content I would except to see in the future. If no one is buying cash cards, they wont have the operating income to keep the servers going for years to come.

You seriously believe the games survival depends on profits from cash cards? Lol. Rockstar has already said cash cards is simply an option and the game is by no means built around it. 

Rockstar also said we'd have heists and a stock market and could buy and sell real estate in GTAO upon release m8

LOL and R* did NOT deliver any of that now did they?  Where are my heists, where is the active stock market and who can I sell real estate to?  GTAV = Pay to play Fail.

Musician020
  • Musician020

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:23 PM

What if the cash glitch never existed? Would you guys buy cash cards? According to some of you, it's the same thing right? The difference is you are sacrificing money to have faster access to the content.

jared72404
  • jared72404

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

Basically this.

Rockstar also said we'd have heists and a stock market and could buy and sell real estate in GTAO upon release m8

I don't ever remember seeing that these would be included at launch. Its obvious they are waiting to clear out these glitchers money, or to a cheater pool, so that their money wont be able to so greatly influence the stock market when that comes live.

I pretty clearly remember reading well before online launched that heist would be added in a later DLC, but I could be wrong on this.

kevswans
  • kevswans

FREEDOM FIGHTER

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:28 PM

It's not fair on players who bought Cash cards and it is not fair on Rockstar because they provide a alternative way of getting money. :D

Well if we're going to play the "FAIR" game, then it's not FAIR that people with extra money have a advantage over some of us less fortunate people will bills/taxes/and other expenses. I work all day, I want to be able to come home and feel equal for a change, can't even on a controlled video game.

Well if we're going to be FAIR, than rockstar should give everyone who'd like money and levels, money and levels.

If we're going to be FAIR. I'd like my original account that ROCKSTAR f*cked up back.

If we're going to be FAIR, I'd like my gunskill compensated for people who use auto-aim

If we're going to be FAIR, I don't want to play with people who lack strategic and tactical knowledge

If we're going to be FAIR, there shouldn't be a "bad sports" lobby

I'm sure others have their own stipulations to what's fair.

#KGOD

supperman
  • supperman

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:33 PM Edited by supperman, 18 October 2013 - 10:34 PM.

It's not fair on players who bought Cash cards and it is not fair on Rockstar because they provide a alternative way of getting money. :D

Well if we're going to play the "FAIR" game, then it's not FAIR that people with extra money have a advantage over some of us less fortunate people will bills/taxes/and other expenses. I work all day, I want to be able to come home and feel equal for a change, can't even on a controlled video game.

Well if we're going to be FAIR, than rockstar should give everyone who'd like money and levels, money and levels.

If we're going to be FAIR. I'd like my original account that ROCKSTAR f*cked up back.

If we're going to be FAIR, I'd like my gunskill compensated for people who use auto-aim

If we're going to be FAIR, I don't want to play with people who lack strategic and tactical knowledge

#KGOD

This_zpsf64e22c1.jpg

clap.gif

Musician020
  • Musician020

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:33 PM

#KGOD

Lets be honest. If you had "extra" money, would you spend it on GTA cash?

supperman
  • supperman

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:37 PM Edited by supperman, 18 October 2013 - 10:37 PM.

^^^^^^Lets be honest, there are plenty of brats with rich parents that will

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:39 PM

Although i don't agree with cash cards, there aren't alot of people that are going to drop a grand on a video game, so there aren't going to be as many people running around with millions from cash cards as there would be from glitchers.

Sure there will be. $20USD gets you 1.2million GTA$.

Lmao thats insane money :O

So I've got $4000 ish worth of cash cards equivalent currency just sitting in the bank with nothing to spend it on.... Lunacy. $20 should buy people $20 Million....

FATSTOGIE
  • FATSTOGIE

Prankster

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

And why should we care what's fair for a multi-billion dollar company? Why should we also care about those who spent real money for fake monopoly money?

It doesn't matter if you care, they are in business to maximize profits. Servers cost money to run, DLC cost money to make. They aren't going to continue doing these things if its all cost and no income.

Then maybe they should get their sh*t right.  The duty doesnt belong to me to be fair to them.  Many video game devs werent fair to me in previous games that they f*cked up.  So sorry if my heart dont bleed for them.  If i f*ck up my job it costs me money to.  Tough sh*t.

Musician020
  • Musician020

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:47 PM

^^^^^^Lets be honest, there are plenty of brats with rich parents that will

Those brats are found in every game that has options to spend cash. Are you bored of GTA since you have access to all content with no money issues? I noticed that you are trying to sell your account. I choose not to glitch cause I will lose interest fast. May be different for you. I spent 150$ for GTA V so I'm gonna make it last.

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:48 PM

Not a goddamn thing

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

one pays R^ about $1000 in real money, one doesn't

Grottesca
  • Grottesca

Captivated

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:50 PM

One's legit and the other is exploitation?

/thread

Kulgrim
  • Kulgrim

Prankster

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:52 PM Edited by Kulgrim, 18 October 2013 - 10:55 PM.

#KGOD

Sorry, again you make a fail argument with that auto-aim line, there are TWO lobbies, one for autoaim and one for free aim, and never shall the two mix. So complaining about someone using auto aim while you use free aim is about as bad of an excuse as, well Rockstar should not have put the bug in the game to begin with...

And your line about real life, come on, in real life you go to jail for printing money, which is basically what this glitch allowed. Only the Federal Government can do that...

Luftwaffle
  • Luftwaffle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:53 PM

How many people are going to buy 50 mill? Nowhere near as many people who have glitched 50 mill or more. If you don't understand how more people glitching 50 mill has a greater effect on the economy than the few or none who buy 50 mill, you are a dumbass.

I hate microtransactions, but the hundreds of thousands who glitched money have more effect than the few rich assholes that will buy cash cards.

bloodXguts
  • bloodXguts

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:56 PM

Here's the thing- I will gladly pay a subscription fee for a game that is fun, competitive, and polished. I will NEVER pay for in game currency and will swiftly discontinue playing if the legally sold currency affects the other players by creating an unfair environment.

One of the reasons I subscribed $15 a month since the world of warcraft release was because Blizzard has always scored an overall A on all three of my previous points. What made this all the easier, was their stance on security. They flat out did not give a f*ck when it came to the banhammer. If they had proof of anything illegal like buying gold from chinese gold farmers, your account was banned CASE CLOSED.

TLDR:Blizzard put subscription fees to help nourish the life of wow, r* wants to sell in game cash to fill their filthy pockets.

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:58 PM

I am hearing that glitchers are ruining the ingame economy because they have large amounts of money......so I want to know what is the difference between somebody that glitches 50 mil and somebody that spends $1,000 of real life money for $50mil of ingame money?

Either way both players have 50 mil, and 50 mil is 50 mil....so how is the glitcher ruining the ingame economy while the cash card dude is not?

one way you get banned the other way you don't.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:00 PM

People won't buy $50million in cash cards. They might buy one card for $1.2 million....but there are dickf*cks out there who have hundreds of millions of dollars. That is waaaaay different than a million. And there are a TON of people that glitched for easy money, so, yeah, they kind of f*cked the game up.

Because of this, R* has been working on fixing the exploitations/glitches instead of working at providing new content. 

Sanchez78
  • Sanchez78

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:08 PM

I am hearing that glitchers are ruining the ingame economy because they have large amounts of money......so I want to know what is the difference between somebody that glitches 50 mil and somebody that spends $1,000 of real life money for $50mil of ingame money?

Either way both players have 50 mil, and 50 mil is 50 mil....so how is the glitcher ruining the ingame economy while the cash card dude is not?

For some both are outrageous.

but think about this way if I give you a free way to get 50 million or told you pony up 60 dollars, would you? A very large percentage of players who glitched would have never have bought 50 million. so the total percentage of 50 million players would not be the same otherwise.

In real life, at a bar and the whiskey was free there would be no one left. You add a price and it becomes rationed for those who were not first in the door.

the glitching effectively was effectively the equivalent of someone in your local area printing money in their basement and then going to the local stores buying anything want.  In real life it either causes shortages, or higher prices to ration the goods/services, so suddenly if you worked for a normal income you are either outbid by someone with funny money who can bid the price higher, or shortages of goods like milk and food become scare.

basically think of how the rich getting bailed out in 2008, and how prices of things you need/want are only affordable to the top 1% who have the incomes the match prices today. If we allowed deflation to occur prices for everything would have collapsed, instead prices for everything have exploded without matching incomes but save for the top1%

You are in the top1% of this game if you printed I mean ""glitched"" money, so people gonna hate, but it has to more with Rockstar handling of prices not matching wages, the supply of goods and services in this game, and demand for it.

I fall in the category of who cares whether people earned or printed their money because there is no way to sell or buy to another player, and the supply of goods/services you can demand are pointless other then for vanity.  Since I cant sell you what I bought or buy what you bought there is no value for  said goods or services.

adoreonerr
  • adoreonerr

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:11 PM Edited by adoreonerr, 18 October 2013 - 11:12 PM.

I see where you're coming from OP, but lets be reasonable. Nobody is going to spend anywhere near that much on cash cards, maybe less than half of players will drop $20 on a card from time to time. $1.25 million here and there isn't going to hurt much, yet glitchers taking in tens of millions every day has a huge impact.

you under estimate nerds my friend, people spend $10000+ real money on games such as clash of clans(iDevice app)

wallpaper42
  • wallpaper42

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:12 PM

Yeah not much difference. Either way you're a loser.

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:30 PM

I concur with what others have said. In order to accumulate 50 million, you'd have to purchase $400 in cards and I doubt anyone would do that. Plus, some glitchers got much more than that. One guy who is posting says he got a billion.

It isn't fair for Rockstar to ask people to pay $20 per card when a glitch allowed certain players to gain so much money without actually working for it. This is the number one reason why I think Rockstar might actually reset the glitchers ... it's in their best interest to do so and it's not like those glitchers would ever pay for cash cards anyway at this point, so Rockstar has nothing to lose in deleting them.

Itsagimp
  • Itsagimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:47 PM Edited by Itsagimp, 18 October 2013 - 11:56 PM.

Basically this.

This. Cash cards , It's an option, for a shortcut to getting good stuff, they know not a lot of people will buy them. glitching has and always will be a form of cheating and cheaters, when caught, have always had some form of punishment. Gamers want to get unlocks before others, it's unfair for those that wouldn't buy cash cards to be able to glitch and sour other players experienced.

Brats are so obnoxiously stupid, schills are hopeless. Rockstar isn't stopping glitching in order to get more money off cash cards, or purposely making unlocks tough to get cash cards. It's about fairness and longevity.

K1NG CURT1S
  • K1NG CURT1S

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:57 PM

OP, you have the right idea.

Way to prove that there really is no difference and that people need to quit being so lame on the people that glitch.

Maybe not everyone can or would want to afford ADDITIONAL money for something that they ALREADY purchased.

why milk the cow when you can get the milk for free?

and for your answer.

there is virtually NO DIFFERENCE.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users