Photo

Whats the difference between glitching 50 mil and buying 50 worth of c

54 replies to this topic
supperman
  • supperman

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:58 PM

I am hearing that glitchers are ruining the ingame economy because they have large amounts of money......so I want to know what is the difference between somebody that glitches 50 mil and somebody that spends $1,000 of real life money for $50mil of ingame money?

Either way both players have 50 mil, and 50 mil is 50 mil....so how is the glitcher ruining the ingame economy while the cash card dude is not?

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:58 PM

One way rockstar profits the other way they dont

Coyteria
  • Coyteria

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:00 PM

It's not fair on players who bought Cash cards and it is not fair on Rockstar because they provide a alternative way of getting money. :D

supperman
  • supperman

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:01 PM

So as long as R* profits, then ingame economy is maintained??? LMFAO

karmaman101
  • karmaman101

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:01 PM

It's not fair on players who bought Cash cards and it is not fair on Rockstar because they provide a alternative way of getting money. :D

And why should we care what's fair for a multi-billion dollar company? Why should we also care about those who spent real money for fake monopoly money?

Jetpack5000
  • Jetpack5000

I GOT IT

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:02 PM

ye

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Yes, I don't agree with it but that is their reasoning m8

jared72404
  • jared72404

Rat

• Members

Basically this.

One supports the game and the other doesn't. The more money rockstar makes from cash cards, the more content I would except to see in the future. If no one is buying cash cards, they wont have the operating income to keep the servers going for years to come.

supperman
  • supperman

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:03 PM Edited by supperman, 18 October 2013 - 10:04 PM.

Thats not what I asked.  I asked why do they say glitchers ruin the ingame economy when cash card buyers can just buy money.  Do cash cards not also ruin the ingame economy?

jared72404
  • jared72404

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:05 PM

And why should we care what's fair for a multi-billion dollar company? Why should we also care about those who spent real money for fake monopoly money?

It doesn't matter if you care, they are in business to maximize profits. Servers cost money to run, DLC cost money to make. They aren't going to continue doing these things if its all cost and no income.

Coyteria
  • Coyteria

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:05 PM

Well, you would be a human being, *hug*

FrozenInferno
  • FrozenInferno

Heisenberg

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:06 PM

I see where you're coming from OP, but lets be reasonable. Nobody is going to spend anywhere near that much on cash cards, maybe less than half of players will drop $20 on a card from time to time. $1.25 million here and there isn't going to hurt much, yet glitchers taking in tens of millions every day has a huge impact.

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:06 PM

The ones buying 50mill keep the servers running, the people glitching 50mill do not.

csukar
  • csukar

Llama

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:07 PM

Although i don't agree with cash cards, there aren't alot of people that are going to drop a grand on a video game, so there aren't going to be as many people running around with millions from cash cards as there would be from glitchers.

PlasmicSnake
  • PlasmicSnake

Negative Astro Creep

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

Cash Cards dont ruin the in game economy because it makes money for Rstar. The economy is BS. Only an idiot believes gta's economy is legit.

People who dont glitch or buy cash cards will still complain about how others got money so easy and we should all worship them cause they got it "fairly"

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Thats not what I asked.  I asked why do they say glitchers ruin the ingame economy when cash card buyers can just buy money.  Do cash cards not also ruin the ingame economy?
Only if cash cards inject similar amounts of money into the economy as glitching does/has, and as quickly. Based on your example in the op (spending $1000 on cash cards to match a typical glitcher) its extremely unlikely that this will be the case.

Musician020
  • Musician020

Rat

• Members

Do you really need an answer for that question?

vikdoom
  • vikdoom

Player Hater

• Members

Well sh*t, they keep lowering the payouts and we all know the obvious reason behind that, GTA$ cards. Personnally, the game didn't turn out as I expected, I thought there would be a lot more to do  than that and I didn't expect the payouts to be so ridiculous, (lvl 50 missions that give 7k) and I don't really want to grind money and respect on a single mission, just because it is the only job with a respectable payout, really if I wanted that I would go back to Payday 2. Even races are no fun, I mean you have 1 and a half car length between you (first) and the second guy, yet he can slipstream up to me with a slower car and then ram me out of the race... 

supperman
  • supperman

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:09 PM

They have made of 750 mil in profit from the game so far and have plenty of revenue to run the servers for a decade without denting their margins.  When I purchased the game I was under the impression that GTA Online was included with the single player experience and not a pay to play service.

But anyway to you are putting us off tangent.  R* stated that Glitchers ruin the ingame economy, but what is the diff to the ingame economy if somebody glitched 50 mil versus somebody that bought 50 mil of cash cards???

It doesn't matter if you care, they are in business to maximize profits. Servers cost money to run, DLC cost money to make. They aren't going to continue doing these things if its all cost and no income.

vikdoom
  • vikdoom

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:11 PM

Basically this.

One supports the game and the other doesn't. The more money rockstar makes from cash cards, the more content I would except to see in the future. If no one is buying cash cards, they wont have the operating income to keep the servers going for years to come.

IDK about you guys but i'm not grinding my way to 1000 with that kind of content, as soon as I get next gen consoles, I don't think I'll play gtav a lot

• RedChuCKz_ likes this

karmaman101
  • karmaman101

Thug

• Members

Basically this.

You seriously believe the games survival depends on profits from cash cards? Lol. Rockstar has already said cash cards is simply an option and the game is by no means built around it. 

supperman
  • supperman

Snitch

• Members

There are a TON of people that dropped a grand on RSI Star Citizen and there are TONS of people that payed hundreds of dollars for GTA V limited editions.  There is a market of extreme enthusiasts out there trust me.

Although i don't agree with cash cards, there aren't alot of people that are going to drop a grand on a video game, so there aren't going to be as many people running around with millions from cash cards as there would be from glitchers.

karmaman101
  • karmaman101

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:12 PM Edited by karmaman101, 18 October 2013 - 10:13 PM.

Sure there will be. $20USD gets you 1.2million GTA$.

DirtyOldbear
  • DirtyOldbear

Dirty fukin Dozen == Dfuk ==

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:12 PM

Cash cards support's the game glitching does not ... End of story

jared72404
  • jared72404

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:15 PM

Only if cash cards inject similar amounts of money into the economy as glitching does/has, and as quickly. Based on your example in the op (spending $1000 on cash cards to match a typical glitcher) its extremely unlikely that this will be the case.

And its more extreme now than the OP made it seem, some people have over 1 billion in game cash. that would be equivalent to someone spending $20,000. If someone wanted to send $20,000 to rockstar for that much in game cash, I have no problem with that. I doubt anyone spends this much, but there may be a few that end up spending a thousand bucks over time. over time is key here though, these billions are entering the market almost instantly.

zep333
  • zep333

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:16 PM

They have made of 750 mil in profit from the game so far and have plenty of revenue to run the servers for a decade without denting their margins.  When I purchased the game I was under the impression that GTA Online was included with the single player experience and not a pay to play service.

But anyway to you are putting us off tangent.  R* stated that Glitchers ruin the ingame economy, but what is the diff to the ingame economy if somebody glitched 50 mil versus somebody that bought 50 mil of cash cards???

Comparing the ratio of glitchers/farmers vs people dropping $1000 on a game are apples and oranges

/thread

TaazR
  • TaazR

$$$

• Members
  • European-Union

There's no difference. And there is no 'economy' since you can't trade GTA$ for real-life money (unlike World of Warcraft/Runescape which do have 'economies'). It's just a virtual currency.

The people who whine about glitchers are just too pussy to do it themselves.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Basically this.

You seriously believe the games survival depends on profits from cash cards? Lol. Rockstar has already said cash cards is simply an option and the game is by no means built around it. 

Rockstar also said we'd have heists and a stock market and could buy and sell real estate in GTAO upon release m8

DirtyOldbear
  • DirtyOldbear

Dirty fukin Dozen == Dfuk ==

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:17 PM Edited by DirtyOldbear, 18 October 2013 - 10:18 PM.

I like to see all the guys with 5 million+ get the money pulled from the bank ..

Kulgrim
  • Kulgrim

Prankster

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:17 PM Edited by Kulgrim, 18 October 2013 - 10:21 PM.

Cash Cards dont ruin the in game economy because it makes money for Rstar. The economy is BS. Only an idiot believes gta's economy is legit.

People who dont glitch or buy cash cards will still complain about how others got money so easy and we should all worship them cause they got it "fairly"

Yet those who glitched are making threads demanding that players who did not glitch should worship them. Kettle, meet Pot.

*Edit* I would also like some people in here to learn the difference between gross and net, and exactly how the sales of a game are divided between publisher, distributer and developer. For some reason everyone who keeps bringing up the 1billion in sales seems to think Rockstar got all that money and is currently Scrooge McDuck'n it up in it somewhere.

• KimberJane likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users